Back to You

Please

I put my bag on the table and sat down. I looked around the class, I was the only one here. Hmm… weird. Today isn't holiday, is it?

“HAERIN! HAERIN!” I saw Saeyeon running in to the class, holding a magazine. She stopped right in front of me and bent down, catching her breath. She slammed the magazine on my table and signaled me to open the pages.

My jaw dropped as I saw the cover. “B2ST’s Lee Kikwang and Song Jinhee are dating!” was written on it under the main headline about 2PM. I flipped through the pages and found the article. I read it carefully, remembering every word from the article. For God's sake, I froze as I saw a photo in the bottom of the article. It was a photo of Kikwang and Jinhee kissing. Yeah, it was really her, not me.

“You okay?” Saeyeon asked as I lost my grip on the magazine.

I was still shocked. I didn’t expect Joonkun to do this far. But back again, he had warned me about this, right?

“Haerin?”

“A-- Ah, yes. I’m okay.”

“You sure?”

I nodded. I handed the magazine back to her and put my head on the table. I pressed my forehead against it and banged it continuously.

“Yah! Yah! You’re hurting yourself. Stop it!” Saeyeon grabbed my shoulders, preventing me to bang my head again.

I messed my bangs in frustation. “Two weeks after today is the end of my life.”

“Huh? What are you talking about?”

“Joonkun oppa said he would introduce me as Kikwang’s best friend to public two weeks after he announced this dating thingy.”

Saeyeon’s eyes widened in shock. “Are you ing serious?”

“Why would I lie, Im Saeyeon?”

She took a seat in front of me, that I-can’t-believe-it look was still on her pretty face. She was about to say something but my phone started buzzing.

Huh? Kikwang?

I pressed the ‘yes’ button and pressed my phone on my ear. “Yoboseyo.”

“Oh my God. Thanks for picking it up, Haerin! I thought you would reject it.”

I could imagine him smiling in relief. “Why are you calling?”

“I just wanted to hear your voice. It’s been two days since I last heard your voice.”

I felt the heat rushed up to my cheeks and I subconsciously smiled. “That’s all?”

“Umm… I want to apologize for yelling at you a couple of days ago. Mianhae. Please forgive me, Haerin.”

“I forgive you. Happy?”

“Yah. Why so cold?”

I heard the noise behind Kikwang’s voice and I guessed he was at the set of some filming. “You’re busy, Kiki. Let’s end this call because I don’t want to be blamed that you’re not focused on your work.”

“But--“

“No buts. Bye, Kiki. I love you.”

“Hmm.” he hung up.

I frowned. No ‘I love you’ back? What the . Usually, he always says that to me. Is it because of this fake relationship? Did Joonkun warn him not to say ‘I love you’ to me?

“Let me guess. You’re pissed off because he didn’t say ‘I love you’ back to you?” Saeyeon smirked. “You’re so brave to say it to him after discovering your feelings for him, Haerin.”

“It’s just a habit, I guess.”

“Oh really?” she asked, teasing me.

I slapped her arm. “Yah!”

She laughed. “Aigooooo~ Kwon Haerin is deep in love. Lalalalalala~”

“Aish! You bastard monkey!”

I remembered something from the article as I accidentally saw my university logo that was painted on the door. “Jinhee is a student in this university too?”

Saeyeon nodded. “Uh-huh. But she decided to take the cyber one so she still could do her job as a model. Her major is fine arts. Where have you been, duh? I thought you knew it already.”

“Yah. Don’t blame me. I never met her here.”

“She lives two blocks away from B2ST’s apartment.”

I closed my eyes. So much for being like me, Jinhee.

 

^^^^^

 

“Are you free now?” Saeyeon approached me right after Mr. Jung left my class. I nodded, zipping my bag up. “Let’s go shopping, then!”

I shook my head. “I run out of money.”

“My treat. Go buy whatever you want, I’ll pay for it.”

I looked at her curiously. “You didn’t eat something weird, do you? Did the food lady in the cafeteria poison your lunch?”

“Yaaaaahh~ I’m being serious here.”

I giggled. “Okay. Fine.”

“Gaja!” she said, dragging me out from my class. As I was about to enter her car, I realized that I was stepping on a brochure of a new ice cream shop. I picked it up and read the information carefully.

“Haerin? What’s wrong?” Saeyeon asked, she was already sitting on the driver’s seat.

“Ah-- Nothing.” I put the brochure back on the ground and hoped in to the car. “Just a brochure of a new ice cream shop.”

“Wanna go there?”

“If you don’t mind… yes. It’s inside your favorite mall.”

“It’s a ‘yes’, then! Woohoooooooo~”

Not long after that, we were already walking around Saeyeon’s favorite mall. At first, we went to a boutique and she bought a sky blue strapless dress there. Next, we entered the 2nd store which was a shoes store. I was looking at the shoes on the back rack when someone called my name. I turned around and it was like an elephant stepped on my head. Jinhee and Kikwang were in front of me, holding hands.

“J-- Jinhee.”

“Whoaaaa~ I didn’t expect to meet you here. Well, only famous celebrities like to shop in this store.” she smiled, but somehow I sensed something behind it.

I looked at their intertwined hands and quickly looked away. “I’m just accompanying Saeyeon.”

“Haerin, is this--“ Saeyeon appeared from behind them and those lovebirds turned around. “--good?”

“It’s ugly.” I threw the shoes to the rack and grabbed Saeyeon’s hand, dragging her out from the store in rage. I let go of her hand when we reached the food court.

“I-- I’m sorry.” she apologized. “I-- I didn’t know they would be there.”

“It’s okay. This is a public place, everybody can be here.” I let out a sigh. I wasn’t angry with Kikwang earlier, but why was I like this when I found him held her hand? . I thought he was gonna be busy for a whole day. “Oh, Saeyeon-ah.”

“Yes?”

“Is Jinhee… an annoying girl?”

“Huh? What do you mean?”

“Nothing. Maybe I’m a bit sensitive today.” I tried to smile, hiding my curiousness.

“Yah. Tell me. What’s wrong?”

I put my elbow on the table and placed my chin on my palm. “The way she talked to me earlier… it was like she didn’t want me to be around her.”

“Well, I don’t know much about her. But from what I’ve heard from my seniors, she’s not a good girl. She may look innocent but you’re totally wrong if you think she is. Do you want me to know more about her?”

I smiled while shaking my head. “You don’t have to. That’s enough.”

“I hope your Babokwang is gonna be okay.”

I chuckled upon hearing her sentence. “Yeah. I hope so.”

 

^^^^^

 

I had a weird dream about me being a frog and Kikwang kissed me then I turned into a princess. What the heck. Shouldn’t it be the other way around?

I got up from my bed and made my way towards my kitchen since I suddenly felt thirsty. I turned the lights on and went straight to my refrigerator. I took a water bottle out and drank it while turning around, accidentally spat it out from my mouth to a boy’s face.

Kikwang’s face.

“! You scared the hell outta me!” I placed my hand on my chest and breathed heavily. After stabling my heartbeat, I turned back to rub Kikwang’s wet face with my sleeves. “Mianhae.”

He didn’t say anything in response.

I finished rubbing his face and looked at him while raising my eyebrows. Why is he so weird? “Kiki, you okay?”

He just gave me a nod.

“Why are you here?” I glanced at the clock near the refrigerator. “It’s freaking 1.40 AM.”

He suddenly wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. He placed his chin on my shoulder, tightening his hug.

“Yah. What’s wrong with you?” I asked, poking his back. “Why did you sneak out from your apartment at this time and went here in a sudden?”

“I miss you.”

Those three words brought a new sensation for me. I felt my heart thumping like crazy and I unknowingly smiled. I hugged him back, silently praying that he wouldn’t hear the loud thuds from my heart.

“You better remember to always lock your door, Haerin.” he let out a chuckle. “What if it was a who came here, not me?”

“I’ll kill him before he touches me.”

He pulled away, laughing a bit. “My best friend is a murderer?”

I pouted, earning a pinch on my cheek from him. “Aren’t your members gonna looking for you?”

“I’ve told them I would sleep here.”

I gave him what-the- look and he just laughed again, his eyes formed into two tiny slits.

“Wae? It’s not like this is my first time to sleep here, right? Hahaha…”

“You’re not sick, aren’t you?” I placed my palm on his forehead and he wasn’t burning. “You’re not crazy.”

“You don’t want me to be here.” he pouted, faking a sad expression.

“Aish. It’s not like that. I mean… you have a girlfriend now. It would be a disaster if people knew you slept here.”

“I don’t give a about that.”

I was a bit surprised. Bleh. I never thought Kikwang would say that. Well, I just shrugged it off. “It’s your choice.”

“Yeay!” he said happily like a kid.

I went upstairs to my room, Kikwang followed behind. I suddenly stopped and turned around, wanting to tell Kikwang that his room was on the other side of the 2nd floor of my house. To my surprise, Kikwang’s face was only a few inches away from mine, I could even feel his breath against my skin. Once again, I got a heartquake.

A loud thunder could be heard and I jumped then wrapped my arms around Kikwang’s muscular body in reflex. I closed my eyes shut, biting my lips. Maaaaaaaaaaaann! I’m afraid of thunder!

I heard the thunder once again and I buried my head on his chest. I felt him my hair to calm me down. “Don’t be afraid, Haerin. I’m here.”

I pulled away and looked down on my feet. “I know this may sound childish, but… please sleep with me. I’m still afraid of thunder.”

The thunder came again and I closed my eyes in fear. Kikwang covered my ears with his hands and kissed my forehead. “Let’s go to sleep.”

I smiled in relief, knowing that at least I wouldn’t be scared to death tonight. Both of us entered my room and I quickly jumped on my bed. Kikwang just chuckled and laid down beside me. He turned to look at me and I also turned to face him. We stared at each other for a moment.

“What?” I asked, holding my smile.

He smiled sweetly. “Nothing.”

“Why are you staring at me then?”

“Why are you doing the same?”

“Because a member of B2ST is staring at me now. The famous Lee Kikwang is now staring at me.”

He rolled his eyes and I pinched his nose while chuckling.

“Hey, about the girl you admire… how is she? You never talk about her to me. Did you meet her today?”

“Well, I accidentally met her yesterday, but… I guess she was in a bad mood. I didn’t have the chance to talk to her when we met.”

“Aww~ I feel bad for you, Kiki.” I said it sincerely. That girl must be very special to my best friend.

“But I know she’s not angry with me now.”

“Huh? How do you know it?”

He grinned. “I just do.”

I heard the rain started falling and I felt him pulling me closer to his body. “It’s gonna be a cold night.”

I nodded and snuggled closer to the crook of his neck, resting my hands on his chest. “I think so.”

“I miss sleeping with you like this. Just like old times.” he wrapped his arm around my waist, keeping me close to him. He kissed the top of my head. “Good night.”

“Good night.” I smiled but it suddenly disappeared as guilty started to fill my heart.

I sighed. Even though it’s just a fake relationship, this boy sleeping next to me is someone else’s, right? If only Kikwang was my boyfriend…

 

====================

Wohooooooooooo~ I'm glad that I can fulfill my promise to update at least twice a week. lololololol xD

And I want to say THANK YOU! to you guys who read, subscribe, and give comments to this story. I really appreciate it. :)

MY NEW SUBSCRIBERS :

star_angel91

AiZaiYun

BeastLOVER

bananatofucheesecake

SuperShineKissBeast

lalala96

Paraphrenia

ShineeBabyx

SeaTurtle

TheGloryUnicorn

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT, GUYS! SEE YA LATER~ :D