Mistaken

Please

I gulped my saliva down as I saw some junior high school boys their ice creams happily. If only I didn’t forget to bring my wallet, I would have done the same like them. I sighed and continued walking to my house. Today’s classes were very tiring. Ugh!

My phone rang.

I placed my phone on my ear. “What now, Kiki?”

“You want that ice cream?”

“Huh?”

“I’ll treat you.”

I creased my forehead. “What are you talking about?”

I heard a honk from behind and immediately jumped up in shock. I placed my hand on my chest and stabled my heartbeat. I turned around and saw a black van was right behind me now.

Kikwang’s head popped out from one of the car windows, he was still holding his phone on his ear. He flashed me a smile and talked on the phone. “Come in.”

I hung the phone up and walked towards the van. He opened the door for me and quickly pulled me in.

“Damn. It hurts, Kiki!” I rubbed my wrist where Kikwang grabbed on earlier. I glared at him as I heard him just laughing.

“Guys, this is Kwon Haerin. She is my best friend.” he said in between his laughs.

What? Guys? Who?

I turned my head and looked around the van.

One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven guys were here, including Kikwang and the driver. My gaze stopped at the boy who was sitting on the left of the backseat. I gasped and pointed at him. “You!”

He opened his eyes and they met with mine. He instantly smiled widely at me. “Oh, hi. We meet again.”

I felt the heat rushed up to my cheeks and I looked away. Damn! I’m so embarrassed right now!

Kikwand put his hands on my shoulders and turned me around to face the boys behind us since we were on the middle row. “She sorta cursed at our magnae at their first meeting a few days ago. Hahaha…”

I punched Kikwang on his stomach.

“Oh! You were the one whom Dongwoon bumped onto?” a cute boy asked me with a curious childish expression on his face.

“Y-- Yeah.”

“So he was right. You’re cute.” the boy on that cute boy’s left side spoke. Cute? Who? Me?

All of them but Dongwoon and the driver laughed.

“I’m Doojoon.” the one who said cute to me stated. “I’m the leader of B2ST.”

I froze. Am I dreaming? I’m trapped in this van with B2ST’s members?

“Yang Yoseob! The cutie pie in this group!” that cute boy said excitedly while lifting his hand up. Aww~ How cute!

“I’m Hyunseung.” the one beside Dongwoon spoke. He pointed at the sleeping boy on his left side. “He is Junhyung.”

Dongwoon chuckled. “I bet you know who I am.”

Kikwang laughed and put his arm around my shoulder. “So? Ice cream?”

“Not with you, Kiki. Don’t touch me in public.”

He just chuckled and pecked me on the cheek.

I rubbed the spot he had just kissed. “! What was that for?”

He laughed. Again.

“Many girls would sacrifice their selves to be in your position, Haerin-ah.” Doojoon said. “You’re lucky to be his best friend.”

“No. I’m the one who is lucky.” Kikwang interrupted. He looked at me with a sincere smile planted on his face. “I’m lucky for having her as my best friend.”

Yoseob aww-ed. “Babokwang is sooooo sweet.”

Everyone but Kikwang and I laughed.

“So, where to?” the driver asked.

“LET’S GO GET SOME ICE CREAM!” Doojoon, Kikwang, and Yoseob shouted happily.

My biggest wish for now : Don’t let me get caught by B2uties.

 

^^^^^

“See? You’re safe.” Kikwang jumped on my bed and laid there. We just arrived at my house after having ice cream party with B2ST’s members. “I told you not to worry, right?”

I dropped my bag on the floor and tied my hair up in a messy bun. “I was just lucky today.”

“Oh come on. B2uties aren’t that scary, Haerin-ah.”

“Some of them are.” I walked to my closet and took my pajamas out. I glanced at the clock on my nightstand. “It’s 7.39 PM, Kiki. I think you should go now. You have dance practice at 8, don’t you?”

He snuggled on my pillows and exhaled. “I’m tired. I want to skip it.”

“You can’t. Dance practice is very important for your performance, duh.”

“I’m not coming. I’m not feeling well.”

“Liar.” I scoffed and entered my bathroom to take a bath. After a good ten minutes of showering, I walked out from the bathroom wearing my Pororo pajamas and saw Kikwang was still on my bed, back facing me.

“Get up, Kikwang. It’s time to practice.”

No answer.

I rolled my eyes and approached him on the bed. He was sleeping. I shook his shoulder but quickly widened my eyes as I realized something. “Kikwang, you’re burning!”

He just groaned and rolled to the side.

I placed my palm on his forehead and neck. ! He’s having a high fever!

I ran to my bathroom and took some clothes. I dipped it in the cold water and squeezed it. I quickly went back to Kikwang and placed it on his forehead. I took the a wet cloth again and dabbed it on his neck and arms.

“Babokwang. You should have told me that you’re sick.”

“I said “I’m not feeling well.”, remember?” he argued.

I was about to argue him back but stopped. What kind of best friend am I if I argue with my friend who is sick now?

I left my house to buy the medicine for Kikwang. I may look that I don’t care about anything but hey… deep inside my heart, I do care about my best friend, duh.

It only took ten minutes for me to go buy the medicine and run back to my house. I found Kikwang sleeping soundly so I woke him up to take his medicine.

“Drink this.” I handed him the medicine bottle after he sat up straight and removed the cloth from his forehead. He gulped the liquid down his throat and winced at its bitter taste. I offered a glass of water and he quickly drank it.

“You have to take a rest now.” I gently pushed him back on my bed and pulled the blanket up to his shoulder.

He gave me a faint smile. “Thank you. If Doojoon hyung calls me, please pick it up and tell him I’m staying here for tonight.”

“Arasseo.” I smiled back and bent down to kiss his forehead. “Get well soon, Kiki.”

He closed his eyes while still smiling. Babo.

I walked to the living room and turned the television on. A reporter showed up, telling some news from the entertainment world.

“It seems that the identity of Kikwang’s girlfriend is slowly revealed. This evening, some B2uties caught B2ST’s members entering an ice cream shop with a girl whose hand being held by Kikwang--“

I didn’t get much about what the freaking hell this reporter was saying since my eyes were glued at the scene that was playing on the screen.

A fancam of B2ST’s members walking together with a girl. That girl’s clothes were like mine. Her hair was like mine. Her body curve was like mine. In short, she really looked like me.

It was me!

! B2uties got the wrong news!