Shock

Please

“Haerin-ah. Wake up, honey.”

I twitched in my sleep as I heard a soft voice called my name out. I groggily opened my eyes but quickly put my hand over my eyebrows, shielding my eyes from the blinding rays of sun streaming in through the giant window of this hospital room. I heard someone chuckling, it was calming and like music in my ear, and my eyes instinctively looked at the person on the bed. He was laying on his side and his eyes were glued on me.

“Oh. You’re awake.” I said, rubbing my eyes. Yawning, I stretched my arms out and fixed my messy hair. Ugh. I bet I look horrible now.

Kikwang just let out another soft chuckle, not saying anything else. He stopped chuckling as our eyes met and his happy expression disappeared. “Were you crying?”

“Uh? A-- Ani.”

“Liar.” he sat up straight and leaned closer to me, studying my face. “Your eyes are red and puffy.”

“M-- Maybe because I s-- slept late last n-- night.” I stuttered. I mentally cursed for what was happening now. Don’t get any closer to me now, Kiki!

“Were you here all night long?”

Is he stupid or something? Oh yeah, he was sleeping when the others and I were here.

“Gomawo, Haerin-ah.” he smiled sweetly, his eyes formed into two tiny slits. He then patted my head and pinched my nose while letting a soft laugh out.

I could only nod, something I always do when I’m nervous. “Kiki.”

“Yeah?” he arched his eyebrows, a small smile was still on his face.

I bit my lower lip, trying to hide my nervousness. I couldn’t take it anymore, I wanted to tell him that my heart was taken by him. “I-- I have something to tell you.”

“What is that?” he wiggled his eyebrows playfully and I could see happiness in his eyes.

“I-- I…”

“You…?”

“I…” I gulped down my saliva. Man, this is harder than when I confessed to my mom that I stole her money to buy ddeokbeokki twelve years ago. I took a deep breath and said it in one breath. “I like someone.”

“You like someone?” Kikwang’s happy face quickly turned into shocked one. The happiness in his eyes was quickly replaced by confusion. Aish. I shouldn’t have brought this topic up.

I closed my eyes and as if on cue, Kikwang’s laughing face popped up in my mind. “I love someone.”

A long pause came before he finally smiled. He forced it, I might add. “Who is he?”

“Uh?” I asked like a dumb. For God’s sake, I swear I caught a hint of sadness and disappointment in his voice. Why, Kiki?

His smile grew wider but still… it was a bitter smile. “Who is that lucky guy? Do I know him?”

It’s you, Lee Kikwang.

Damn. No, I can’t say that.

“Y-- Yes. You know him.”

“Really? What’s his name?”

L.E.E K.I.K.W.A.N.G

“Ermm… I’ll tell you later.” I said, looking away. I usually say what’s in my mind, but now… I suddenly lost my courage to say to Kikwang that I love him, and I know it well that there is no way I could lie in front of him. He knows me better than anyone else.

He shifted his position so now he was sitting on the edge of the bed, his chest was right in front of me while his feet were hanging on the side of the bed. “Tell me how he looks like.”

He looks like you.

“He is handsome.”

“That’s all?” he narrowed his eyes.

I looked down and nodded. “Uh-huh.”

He placed his hands on my shoulders, giving me a faint smile. “Does he know you love him?”

Do you know I love you?

“I… don’t know, Kiki.”

“Why don’t you tell him that you love him?” he held my hands in his and gave them a light squeeze while looking deep into my eyes, making me more nervous than I already was.

Do you want to hear I say that I love you?

“I don’t want to. I don’t want him to leave me once he knows I love him.”

He looked a bit confused but he quickly covered it up with a chuckle. “I’m happy for you. I hope your relationship lasts long.”

I felt him patting my head twice and my heart felt like it was ripped into pieces. Are you really happy, Kiki? But when I glanced at him, his eyes said the opposite. Why? It’s you whom I love, duh.

“Hmm.” was all I could say in reply. I gathered back all the courage I had to fully look at him. I felt my heart was ready to explode just by seeing him like this, smiling yet something I-don’t-know was bothering him. I stared at his perfect features and noticed those dark circles around his eyes. He really must have worked too hard lately, just like what Yoseob said. I unconsciously reached out my hand and caressed the bag under his right eye with my thumb. From the touch of it, he stiffened in his position and stared at me. We looked deep into each other’s eyes and I saw him leaning down, closing the gap between our faces while my hand was still on the side of his face. I closed my eyes and felt his y plump lips gently touched mine but I quickly turned my head to the left so he kissed my cheek instead as I heard the door cracked open. He slowly pulled away, groaning.

“W-- What were you guys doing?” Jinhee’s voice echoed in this big hospital room. She was holding a basket of fruits in her hand and a bouquet of flowers in her other hand.

I pulled my hand away which was holding Kikwang’s face and hid it behind my back, as if I was caught from stealing something. I could see the anger in Jinhee’s eyes and I looked down, not knowing what to do nor say.

“Does it matter to you about what we were doing?” Kikwang answered coldly. I looked up and found him glaring at Jinhee who was still standing by the door.

“Yes.” she made her way towards Kikwang and me. “You’re my boyfriend.”

“Fake boyfriend.” Kikwang corrected.

She glanced over at me and smirked. She placed what she brought on the table beside Kikwang’s hospital bed and crossed her arms on her chest. She stood by the window and smiled at Kikwang. “Fake or not, you’re still my boyfriend. Were you guys kissing?”

“It’s none of your business whether we were kissing or not.” Kikwang argued. Thumbs up, ma boy!

I was about to say something when suddenly a bunch of reporters entered Kikwang’s hospital room. Without second thought, I secretly walked out of this hospital room and let the reporters did their job there. Mianhae Kiki, I’m being a coward once again.

 

^^^^^

 

The sun was shining brightly today. Sadly, no matter how bright it was, it wouldn’t brighten my gloomy heart. I lost contact with Kikwang once again after that almost-kissing incident in the hospital room five days ago. I didn’t dare to text or call him first and he didn’t even bother to call me either. Furthermore, from what I read on the magazines and webs, people started asking questions about Kikwang and Jinhee’s relationship since they often caught Kikwang’s unhappy face when he was with her. I don’t know how come it turned out like that but to be honest… I feel a bit happy. Is it too much if I want them to break up soon? I don’t think Jinhee is a good girl, from the way she behaves, and I think Kikwang deserves someone better.

I looked at my baby blue wristwatch and hissed in frustration. It was already 7.40 PM and Joonkun hadn’t arrived yet. He texted me this morning telling that today he would be meeting the reporters to explain about Kikwang’s behavior lately and also naturally introduce me as Kikwang’s best friend at 8 PM but he said he didn’t tell the reporters about the second reason.

I heard a honk from outside and I peeked through the curtain on my window, Joonkun’s car was already waiting for me. I took a very deep breath and placed my hand on my chest, encouraging myself up. Yeah, I can do this. Hwaiting!

I ran downstairs and slammed the front door shut behind me before locking it. Smiling, I made my way towards Joonkun’s car and got in.

“Ready?” he asked as I was putting my seatbelt on. Wow. Is this really Joonkun? Man, he looks good in burgundy shirt covered by a black vest.

“More than ever.” I lied, smiling.

He pulled out from my driveway and headed to a luxurious café which was located not too far from B2ST’s apartment. Being the gentleman he was, he opened the door for me which I replied with a sincere smile.

I was amazed by the design of this building until I felt Joonkun tapped my arm twice. “Let’s go in. Don’t be a statue here.”

“Ah? Oh, yes.”

We entered the café only to be welcomed by a really beautiful waitress. She was wearing the old style waitress dress and her wavy hair completed her petite body. She led us to a table by the window where B2ST’s members and Jinhee were sitting. Hyunseung, Junhyung, Jinhee, and Kikwang were in one side while Yoseob, Doojoon, and Dongwoon were on the other side across them. They seemed to be joking around since Yoseob and Doojoon were laughing like crazy. Jinhee, who was sitting beside Kikwang, also laughed along with them. I could see Kikwang’s unhappy face even from afar. What’s wrong with him, huh?

“Hello, kids.” Joonkun greeted them after we arrived at the table.

I saw Kikwang’s face brightened up once he turned his head and saw me. It was as if he just found tons of gold in his room. “Haerin-ah!”

“Hi.” I tried to smile. My heartbeat was seriously increasing by now. Oh Lord! Heart, please calm down.

“Come on. Take a seat.” Doojoon motioned us to sit. Joonkun sat down next to Kikwang and I had to sit next to Dongwoon because only five people could sit in one side.

Dongwoon grabbed my hand under the table and whispered, “Don’t be so nervous. You know I’m here.”

I smiled and tapped his hand that was covering mine with my free hand, signaling that I would be okay.

The food came and we cheered in happiness. I knew Kikwang stole glances at me every now and then but I tried my best to just ignore it.

“Say aaaaahh~” Dongwoon suddenly held a spoon of seafood fried rice in front of my mouth.

I laughed and pulled away. “Yah. I’m not a baby.”

“You’re my baby.” he said, earning loud laughter from the others but Kikwang. I knew magnae wasn’t joking by saying that sentence.

I opened my mouth and let him feed me. I felt Kikwang’s intense gaze boring into my skin but I didn’t give a about that. Don’t let him ruin your mood, Haerin. Don’t let him ruin anything. I kept chanting in my head.

“Aww~ You guys are so sweet.” Yoseob praised, clasping his hands together.

I blushed upon hearing what the visual magnae had said and quickly looked away while biting my lip. My eyes caught four reporters standing at the entrance of this café and they were looking for something. As they looked over at me, they probably caught B2ST’s presence, it looked like they had found a hidden treasure since they quickly approached our table with an excited expression. I secretly frowned. Are they the reporters Joonkun told me about?

“Annyeong!” one of the reporters, a male one, who was wearing thick glasses said and quickly bowed. B2ST’s members also bowed their heads in response. I glanced at his name tag. Kim Dayeol.

“Whoa! Seems like you guys are having a quality time together.” a female reporter behind Dayeol commented. Hwang Soyeon.

“Jinhee-sshi is also here. Annyeong, Jinhee-sshi.” the one who was wearing “Lee Haejun” name tag greeted Kikwang’s fake girlfriend. She smiled and waved her hand cutely. What a jerk.

I was busy studying the reporters’ figures when suddenly the forth reporter, Jung Taeyoon, asked, “Omo! Joonkun-sshi, who is this cute girl beside Dongwoon? I think I’ve never seen her with B2ST before.”

“She is Haerin. Kwon Haerin.” Joonkun answered calmly. As if on cue, the reporters’ heads turned towards me. Good, they noticed me. This is probably what Joonkun has planned, right?

I nervously smiled and gave them a quick bow. “Annyeong.”

“Nice to meet you, Haerin-sshi. You do look pretty tonight.” Dayeol complimented which I replied with a smile.

“Well, let me take this short. I wanna explain about Kikwang’s behave--“

“I’m sorry, Joonkun-sshi.” Soyeon cut him off. “Can you explain about Haerin-sshi first? Why is she here? Does she have any relationship with B2ST’s members?”

“O-- Oh, okay.” Joonkun quickly nodded. “She is Kikwang’s best friend. They have been together ever since their births. She has nothing to do tonight so Kikwang invited her to come here.”

I noticed all of the reporters wrote down what Joonkun had said and I honestly was kinda afraid for some odd reason. Spill one wrong word out and I’ll definitely die.

Joonkun continued. “Kikwang cares about Haerin so much, that’s why he doesn’t want to reveal her to public. He wants to keep her safe.”

“Haerin-sshi, how does it feel to be a friend of the famous Lee Kikwang?” Soyeon asked straightly to me.

“Umm… Even if he wasn’t a famous singer, I would still feel happy to have him as my best friend.” my eyes accidentally met with Kikwang and he showed me his smiling eyes. If only there was no table between us, I would probably jump to his arms.

“They often spend their time together but it’s kinda hard to do because of Kikwang’s packed schedules. Besides, Kikwang needs to disguise himself first before hanging out with Haerin. We don’t want people to think of Kikwang and Haerin’s friendship in a wrong way. They are really close, like siblings, I may add.”

The reporters wrote something again and I felt more nervous. How long would this interview take?

“Haerin-sshi, this may be a sensitive question but I hope you’ll tell us your answer. Do you have a boyfriend?”

I almost choked by my own spit as I heard Haejun’s question. Is he crazy?

I looked at the boys, secretly asking for a help. I mentally screamed at Kikwang. Tell him I don’t have a boyfriend, duh!

But I found someone crazier than Haejun as I heard Dongwoon answered with the craziest sentence I ever heard while putting his arm around my shoulders. “She is my girlfriend.”

 

====================

SORRYYYYYYYYYYY! Don't hate me for not updating, okay? *runs* lol xD Anw, I wanna ask you guys something~ Is this fanfic getting boring? Do you hate long chapter? Because I keep losing my subscribers and I'm starting to wonder what did I do wrong. :(

That's why I need your comments, to know whether this fanfic is still good or not. kkkk~ Okay okay, I'll leave it here now. See ya in the next chapter. Bye yeom! :D

p.s  : I WANNA BE WOONIE'S GIRLFRIEND TOO! ><