Missing You

Please

“Haerin eonni.”

I saw Eunsoo running towards me, smiling from ear to ear. Did she just win a lottery? She stopped right in front of me and placed her hands on her knees, panting. I put my hands in my jacket pockets and tilted my head to the side. “What’s wrong?”

“Sunghee eonni is absent today.” she answered and inhaled deeply. “She’s sick.”

“And…?” I raised one of my brows in confusion. What does she want, eh?

She straightened her body and fixed her bangs. “I’ve made a deal with MBLAQ’s manager and he said he would sign the contract this noon. Would you accompany me to meet him?”

Why me?

As if she could read my mind, she quickly pleaded. “Please, eonni. I don’t know who else to ask.”

“What will I receive in return?” I joked, earning a playful slap on my arm from the younger girl in front of me. “Yah! I’m your senior.”

“Eonniiiiiii~ Jebal. I know you’re free.”

“Okay. Fine. Treat me lunch, ne?”

“Ask Dongwoon oppa to do that.” she stuck her tongue out and ran away. She stopped mid-way and turned back to shout at me. “I’ll text you the time, eonni! See ya later!”

I chuckled and continued walking to the library after making sure Eunsoo was nowhere in sight. My only class today was over already but the lecturer told his students to do some research based on the books in library. Boring much, no?

I was about to slide the library’s door open when suddenly a pair of hands covered my eyes from behind. I let out a weak squeal before my smart brain recognized the owner of those hands. “Yah. Stop it, Woonie.”

“Aww~” he put his hands off of my eyes wrapped them around my waist, hugging me from behind. “How did you know it was me?”

“I’m your girlfriend, duh.”

Chuckling, he pulled away and turned me around. “I missed you, Haerin-ah.”

“Aigoooooo~ You met me yesterday, remember?”

“Even when we’re together, I’ll still miss you.”

“Oh geez.” I rolled my eyes at his cheesy words. “Stop being cheesy, please?”

He just ruffled my hair instead of answering me. Damn!

“Ey, Arabian magnae. What are you doing here?” I looked over his shoulder to see if his groupmates were also here. “You’re alone?”

“I wanted to pay a visit to you.” he gave me his signature smile. “You don’t like it?”

“I do. It’s just… don’t you have schedule?”

He yawned. “Kikwang hyung does. Me and the rest are free today.”

“Yah. Did you sleep late last night?” I stood on my toes and squinted my eyes to get a better view of his eyes.

He flashed a reassuring smile and touched my shoulder. “I got home at four in the morning after recording with Doojoon hyung. Once I stepped into the living room, Yoseob hyung forced me to play Xbox against him since he said he was so bored so I didn’t have a chance to sleep last night. Don’t worry, I’m okay.”

“Babo. You should sleep. You don’t want to end up being hospitalized like Kikwang, do you?”

He laughed but quickly stopped as we heard Eunsoo cleared .

Good job, Eunsoo. You’ve just ruined my precious time with my ‘boyfriend’.

“I thought you would text me?” I linked my arm with Dongwoon’s since I knew she would be crazy over that. She used to be Dongwoon’s fan but after knowing that we were dating, she changed her bias into Kikwang.

“I ran out of battery, eonni.” she glanced at our linked arms and I could tell she was holding back her fangirling passion to attack me. I mentally cheered. Haerin, one. , zero.

Are you wondering why I hate this girl? Well, I’ll explain it to you. First, she’s sooooo clingy. After the news about Dongwoon dating me being published, I hardly have my time without Eunsoo around me. She would always come to me and accompany me to go to here and there even though I didn’t ask her to. Second, she’s annoying. Won’t you get bored if someone asks you about the same topic for a whole week? Guess you will. She kept on asking me about B2ST thingy which I myself didn’t know the answer at all. I’m not really into boyband, remember? Third, she’s a flirt! She asked me to introduce her to B2ST’s members and being a good person I was, I introduced her to Dongwoon. Hell no, I would never introduce her to the other members! Two days after that, she asked me for Kikwang’s number which I harshly refused to do. She often accompanied me, I didn’t ask her to, to meet Dongwoon on his dance practice at Cube and… yeah, I guess you guys know what she would do. She acted all nice and cute to B2ST’s members and I found it annoying. To my luck, Kikwang never paid too much attention to her no matter how hard she had tried.

Speaking of the hottest boy who happened to be my best friend, he still had no clue that Dongwoon and I were just faking this relationship. He thought we’re really dating while the other members already knew the truth.

“Eonni?” Eunsoo asked, making me back to earth.

“Uh?” I gained my consciousness back. “What?”

“We have to go now. It’s 11AM already and the meeting is at 12AM.”

“What meeting?” Dongwoon asked, looking at Eunsoo then me.

“We’re gonna meet MBLAQ’s manager. He said he would sign the contract today.” I answered.

“Ah. For your university’s event?” Dongwoon nodded understandingly. “Hope everything goes well.”

I smiled. Dongwoon already knew about my project since Eunsoo and Sunghee had met with Joonkun to talk about our university’s anniversary event and of course he told B2ST’s members after that. I still could remember how happy Dongwoon was when he told me that MBLAQ would also participate in my event which means he could meet Mir. “Thank you, Woonie.”

“Should I drive you two to the meeting place?”

“No!” I quickly shook my head, earning a curious look from Eunsoo. I tried to give Dongwoon a non-verbally explanation through my eyes and it looked like he got it. “You have an appointment with your brother, right?”

Never in my life had I ever wanted Eunsoo to be around Dongwoon for more than ten minutes. No, I’m not jealous. It’s just… she acts all y when she’s around him. I’ve told Dongwoon about this and… wow! He told me he also felt the same.

Dongwoon casually nodded. “Ah! You’re right.”

I mentally smirked in victory.

He gave me one last hug. “Tell me when you’re home, ne?”

“Hmm.”

Eunsoo pulled me to her side and waved to my boyfriend. “We’re leaving. Bye, Dongwoon oppa.”

“Drive safe.” were the last thing I heard before Eunsoo dragged me to the parking lot. She quickly started the engine and drove away in a full speed. Angry much, eh?

 

^^^^^

 

“That one.” Eunsoo pointed to a man sitting alone by the window who was sipping his drink. “He is MBLAQ’s manager. Let’s go there.”

We both approached that man and Eunsoo quickly greeted him after we arrived at his table. He tilted his body to the side to look at me who was standing behind Eunsoo. “Aren’t you Haerin? Dongwoon’s girlfriend?”

“A-- Yes. Hello.” I awkwardly bowed and tried to put a smile on my face. Don’t tell me he’s also interested in my fake relationship with Dongwoon?

“It’s my first time to meet you in person and I personally think Dongwoon chose the right girl.” he chuckled. “Oh, sorry. Have a seat.”

Eunsoo and I sat across him, Eunsoo was right in front of him, and started talking about the deal. When we were in the middle of this conversation, a guy suddenly came to us. MBLAQ’s manager looked at him and his face brightened. “Oh! Joon-ah!”

Joon-ah? Joon…? MBLAQ’s Lee Joon?

I snapped my head up to see if I was right, and… yes. It was Joon. Aww~ He still looks handsome even without any make-up on his face.

“Is there something on my face?” Joon asked me, smiling.

“A-- Ani. Mianhae.” I looked down, blushing. Yeah, I know staring is rude but I just couldn’t help it. This is my first time seeing him in person, duh. Saeyeon will be so crazy once I tell her this since she’s one of Joon’s hardcore fans.

“Oh! You!” Joon suddenly pointed at me, shock was written all over his face. “You’re Dongwoon’s girlfriend, Kwon Haerin.”

“Yeah, she is.” MBLAQ’s manager answered on my behalf since he also knew the answer. “Cute, right?”

Joon took a seat in front of me, his eyes never left me. I started feeling uneasy, it was as if he was making sure about me. Eunsoo continued talking with MBLAQ’s manager about the deal while I kept silent, my mind was wondering why Joon was looking at me like that.

“Hyung, can I go for a walk with Haerin-sshi? It’s not gonna take a long time, I promise.”

I was surprised. Joon wanted to go for a walk with me? He barely met me.

MBLAQ’s manager turned his head to my direction. “Are you okay with that, Haerin?”

I gave him a smile nod. After saying good bye, I followed Joon who was already a few steps in front of me. Surprisingly, there were only a few people passing by on the sidewalk. I sighed in relief and tried to walk casually next to Joon.

“I have loads to talk to you, Haerin-sshi.”

“Uh? What?”

Joon suddenly stopped. “Haerin-sshi.”

“Ne?” I looked up only to see Joon looking straight to the front. I followed his gaze and my eyes caught two familiar figures entered an ice cream shop nearby. Kikwang and Jinhee. I felt my heart stopped its beat as I saw their intertwined hands.

I’m still not over Kikwang.

“He’s your best friend, isn’t he?” Joon asked and I nodded my head in return. “Let’s meet him, then!”

I was about to say no but Joon was already dragging me to that ice cream shop. Pouting, I let my feet walk to where the lovebirds were.

The bell clanged as Joon opened the door for me. For some unknown reasons, I suddenly gained some strength and without second thought… I ran away. I heard Joon calling my name twice but I ignored it. I ran as fast as I could to the coffee shop where Eunsoo was at and told her I had something urgent to do. MBLAQ’s manager asked me where Joon was and I said he was meeting his friend.

I quickly bid good bye to them and made my way towards the nearest bust stop. I hid myself in the crowd at this bus stop as I saw Joon and Kikwang walking in to the coffee shop where Eunsoo was at.

Just like my prediction.

I sighed. I’d been avoiding Kikwang since the day I saw him kissing with Jinhee in front of B2ST’s apartment two days after Doojoon came to my house. With reporters not so far from them, I might add.

I never tried to talk to Kikwang since then as I knew I wasn’t ready to face him after that incident. Yes, I was jealous. I was jealous because Jinhee was the one whom Kikwang was kissing with.

Besides, I was afraid. I was afraid I would burst out in tears and anger once I had a long convo with Kikwang. I was afraid he would know that I was just in a fake relationship. I was afraid I would accidentally confess to him that I was in love with my best friend.

 

^^^^^

 

I sat alone on one of the swings in this deserted park near my elementary school building, purposely not telling Dongwoon that I was here. I wasn’t in the mood to interact with people today, I even ignored Saeyeon at lunch time. I wanted to be alone. I wanted to be free from everything. I looked down on the reddish sand below me and puffed my cheeks out.

Two days had passed after the day I met with MBLAQ’s manager and Joon. Eunsoo told me the contract was successfully signed and she was so freaking happy because she could meet Mir and Seungho that day.

I heaved out a sigh and my mind started wandering around.

Yesterday, Jinhee personally came to my university and looked for me only to tell me that Kikwang invited me to his birthday party. When I asked her why Kikwang didn’t tell me by himself, she said that her boyfriend didn’t have time to do that.

Am I nothing to you now, Kiki?

“I knew you would be here.”

My head snapped up and I could only blink as my eyes saw a very familiar person standing about two meters away in front of me. He was wearing a white v-neck t-shirt with a black cardigan over it, jeans, a pair of his favorite Converse, and black rimmed glasses.

Nothing came out from my mouth as I kept staring at Kikwang. His black hair, his smiling eyes, his cute nose, his luscious lips… I stopped my gaze there. I blushed at the thought that those y lips had ever landed on mine twice.

“Dongwoon told me you didn’t tell him where you were then this place suddenly popped out in my mind.” he took a step forward and I tightened my grip on the rope of this swing in reflex. No, I’m not scared. I just… aish! I don’t know!

Hurt was written all over his face after he saw my reaction but I just couldn’t help it. It’s just… my brain told my body to. Ermm… I guess not talking with this boy for a long time was the reason behind my action earlier.

“You don’t want to see me.” he gave me a small smile and nodded understandingly, the sadness in his eyes could be seen clearly. “I think I better get going now.”

My body froze as my eyes witnessed Kikwang walking away from me, leaving me alone here.

All of a sudden, I felt my body was free from the magic that made me froze a moment ago and I felt the urge to run after my best friend. I looked around, searching for a handsome guy who had just approached me. I caught a glimpse of his figure walking down the path not so far from me and I quickly ran towards him.

Don’t leave me again, Kiki. Jebal.

I sprinted as I realized that I almost reached him but I tripped over my own foot and fell down on the hard paving. I yelped as my bare knees hit the paving and it started bleeding. Crap! I shouldn’t have worn shorts!

A single tear rolled down on my cheek then the others following after that. It wasn’t from the pain in my knees, it was from the pain in my heart. I looked down and sobbed, not minding that this was a public place and anyone could see me here. I even didn’t bother to stand up.

Do I really have to let you go, Kiki? Why does it seem like God is angry with me so He planned this all?

My eyes kept on producing these damn tears and I couldn’t tell my brain to stop it. Love is pain, huh?

Just when I thought everything was really over, I felt someone was on their knees in front of me then a pair of muscular arms pulled me in for a hug. That person my hair and kissed the top of my head, soothing me. From the sweet scent of his body I smelled from his v-neck t-shirt, I knew this person was no other than my best friend, Kikwang.

I cried more in his arms, soaking his white v-neck. I wrapped my arms around his torso and buried my face on his well-built chest only to feel him tightening his embrace. The warmth of his body magically made me feel safe and I didn’t want to break this hug.

“I missed you.” we both muttered at the same time.

 

====================

Eeeeeeeyy~ Sorry for the long time I took to update this story, I was sick for these past four days and mom warned me not to touch my computer. :( Anyhooooooo if you find any grammar error in this chapter, please forgive me. I was in a rush, kkkk~