Hot Issue

Please

“Yah! Kwon Haerin! Back to earth! Yah!”

I snapped back to my sense and looked at Saeyeon innocently. “W-- What?”

“You were spacing out, duh!” she rolled her eyes and sat next to me. “What were you thinking about?”

“A-- Ani.” I shook my head quickly. “N-- Nothing.”

She flicked my forehead hard. “Yah! You bad liar, you have to tell me.”

“Aish!” I rubbed my forehead that was turning red. “I have nothing to tell you, you bastard!”

“If there was nothing, you wouldn’t be spacing out like that.”

I rolled my eyes and looked around the cafeteria. It was lunch time so everyone was here, making it impossible to tell her a secret in this crowded place. “Let’s go to somewhere quiet.”

I dragged her to the backyard and we sat on one of the benches there. I took a deep breath before looking down. “I…“

“You…?”

“Umm…” I played with my fingers. Why is it soooooo hard to tell her? “I… my…”

“You what?”

I closed my eyes and heaved out a sigh. “Let’s make it short. Kikwang got my first kiss.”

Krik.

Silence.

I didn’t dare to look at her, I was afraid of her reaction. I felt my cheeks were slowly turning red. Omagaaaaaaaaaaahh!

“HUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” she burst out in laughter, making me more embarrassed. “ARE YOU SERIOUS? HUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”

“Yah! Do you think this is something I could easily joke about?” I pouted angrily. I just told her one of my biggest secrets and she thought it was a joke? Go to hell, Saeyeon.

“Hmmph. Okay. Hmmph.” She tried to hold her laughter. “Tell me the details.”

I gave her are-you-serious look and she nodded. This Saeingyeon raised her eyebrows, waiting for my explanation.

“It happened in his car last night. It… AAAHH! I DA NAAAAAA!” I cried desperately, messing my hair.

She smirked, wiggling her eyebrows. “How did it feel?”

“What do you mean?”

“His lips, duh!”

“His lips were soft… and warm.” I subconsciously touched my lips, remembering that incident. I blushed at that thought and quickly brought my fingers away from my lips.

“Lalalala~ Someone is blushing.”

I hit her shoulder. “Yah! Saeyeon!”

She laughed again. “Waeeee? Hahaha… Just admit it, Kwon Haerin.”

“Admit what?”

Just when she was about to answer, I felt my phone vibrated in my jeans pocket. I pulled it out and looked at the screen. Huh? Why is Kikwang calling me?

I pressed the ‘yes’ button and set it on loudspeaker so Saeyeon could also hear it.

“Yoboseyo.”

“Where are you, Haerin?”

“Still at campus. Wae?”

“Did anyone happen to hurt you?”

I looked at Saeyeon in confusion. “What are you talking about, Kiki?”

I heard his sigh on the other line.

“Yah! Kiki! What happened?”

“Whatever I tell you after this, please don’t freak out.”

“Okay.”

There was a long pause before Kikwang spoke up again. “We were being stalked last night. The picture of you and me kissing in my car is revealed on the first page of every newspaper today. It’s also shown up in many webs and blogs.”

I felt my heart stop beating and my mind went blank. I loosened my grip on my phone and it fell down on my lap. Thanks God Saeyeon caught my phone before it rolled down on the ground.

“Haerin-ah, are you there? Haerin?”

Saeyeon gave my phone back to me and signaled me to answer Kikwang. “A-- Ah yes.”

“Don’t worry, your face isn’t clearly showed--“

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY DON’T WORRY, KIKI? IF WE WERE STALKED LAST NIGHT, IT MEANS THAT STALKER MIGHT ALSO FOLLOW US TO MY HOUSE!”

“I… don’t know… about that.”

I sighed in frustration and pressed the ‘end’ button. I was soooooo pissed off!

“Calm down, Haerin-ah. Your identity isn’t revealed yet.”

“Soon to be.” I replied sarcastically. “And people would talk about me every now and then.”

I felt my eyes started to produce tears and Saeyeon gave me a friendly hug, rubbing my back. Yeah, she knows I hate attention and I’m very sensitive. “Everything is gonna be okay.”

“I hope so.”

We pulled away and she patted my head. “Kikwang won’t let anyone hurt you. I know how precious you are to him.”

I smiled at her words and nodded.

“Eonni.”

That voice. That ing high-pitched voice.

I turned to the owner of that voice and saw the same girl I bumped onto on the day I fought with Kikwang standing a few meters away from where I was sitting on. “Oh, you. What’s wrong?”

She walked closer to me and held a newspaper in her right hand, showing me the picture. “Was it you?”

It was a picture of me and Kikwang kissing last night. He was right, my face wasn’t clearly revealed from the angle this photo was taken.

How did she know?

“Was it you, eonni?” that girl repeated her question.

“No. It wasn’t her.” Saeyeon answered on my behalf.

That girl looked at my friend and smirked. “I’m not asking you.”

“It wasn’t me.” I stated, trying my best to lie. “If there is nothing else to be asked, please excuse us. We have some important things to do.”

Saeyeon and I walked away from that girl and went to Saeyeon’s car. I screamed in frustration right after I closed the door shut. “I CAN’T BELIEVE THIS! AAAAARGH!”

“Yah! Calm down! Your life isn’t coming to its end, Kwon Haerin.” Saeyeon started the engine and she drove away.

“It is!” I felt the vibration of my phone once again but this time it was Yoseob. “Yoboseyo.”

“Sis! You okay?”

“Uh-huh.”

“Please take care of yourself. You don’t know how far fans could harm you, right? I’ve seen that picture and even though your face isn’t fully showed, I’m sure many fans are searching for your identity now. Not only B2uties but those who are also curious about your identity.”

“Ne, arasseo. Don’t worry, Seobbie.”

“Anyways, about the kiss… how was it, huh?”

I blushed upon hearing his question, just like when Saeyeon was asking me about this earlier.

“I bet you’re blushing right now, sis.”

You got it, shorty!

“Hahaha… You can’t even speak now. Hahaha…”

“! Shut up, banana!”

“Hahaha… Oh! I gotta go now. Talk to you later, sis. I love you.”

“I love you too, Seobbie.”

He hung up and I threw my phone on the dashboard. I felt someone staring at me and realized that it was Saeyeon. She had stopped her car at the parking lot of a park. “Wae?”

“You said ‘I love you’ to Yoseob?” she asked curiously. Aigooo~ Don’t tell me she is jealous?

“What’s the problem? It’s not like I said ‘I love you’ to Prince William, isn’t it?”

“You two are dating?”

I blinked. IS SHE SERIOUS? I burst out in laughter. “Yah. Im Saeyeon, are you out of mind?”

“I’m being serious here, Kwon Haerin. If you guys are dating, I will back off.”

“Wait! What-- OMO! YOU LOVE YANGYO, DON’T YOU?”

I saw her cheeks turning pinkish and without her saying it out loud, I already knew the answer. “Aigoo~ Why were you hiding this all the time?”

“I’m not like you, Haerin-ah. I don’t express my feelings easily.” she looked down on her lap and played with her long fingers. “Furthermore, I don’t know if he feels the same way or not.”

“Aww~ You’re pretty and a nice girl, Saeyeon-ah. It’s about time he would notice you.” I smiled. “Besides, don’t you often meet B2ST at the café near Cube building? Go talk to him more often, then. He is really friendly.”

She nodded. “Arasseo. But I’m not that pretty compared to those senior models who often hang out with B2ST. Even Jinhee spends more time with B2ST than I do. I’m only close with your Babokwang.”

This was the first time I saw Saeyeon like this. Maaaaaann, she is always confident with herself. She is so drop-dead pretty, smart, rich, and she is a model too. I have no idea how a childish boy like Yoseob could turn her down. Hahaha…

WAIT! Did she just mention… Jinhee?

“Jinhee? You mean… the girl who was with my Kikwang at the club a couple of days ago?”

“Your Kikwang? HUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!”

I slapped her arm and gave her a death glare. “Yah!”

“You’ve fallen for him, haven’t you?” she teased. “Just admit it, duh. It’s not a sin to love your best friend.”

“I don’t have any idea about what love is and I don’t ing care about that.” I crossed my arms across my chest.

I heard Saeyeon’s phone beeped and she opened the message she had just received. “Oh! Speaking of the devil, Kikwang told me to come to Cube building right now. With you.”

Before I could open my mouth to ask about anything, she already turned the engine again.

We made it in five minutes only, salute to Saeyeon’s driving skill. We entered the elevator and 4Minute’s Hyuna and A Pink’s Naeun came in after us. Hey, I do remember girlband members more than boyband members.

Saeyeon pressed the floor number we were heading. The elevator door closed and it started going up. Hyunah was right in front of me and I felt the urge to ask about her relationship with Junhyung but I decided to just shut up in the end.

“Umm… Excuse me.” a voice asked. It wasn’t mine, Hyuna’s, or Saeyeon’s. The three of us turned our heads to Naeun who was looking at me as if she was examining my face.

“Are you Haerin eonni?” she asked innocently, hesitatingly pointing at me. Hyuna turned around to look at me and she looked surprised.

“A-- Ah, yes.” I slightly bowed. “A-- Annyeong.”

“Annyeong. I’m Naeun.” she smiled sweetly at me. “Whoaaaa~ Kikwang oppa wasn’t lying when he said you were so cute, eonni!”

My cheeks went red at the compliment. “T-- Thanks.”

“Hello. I’m Hyuna.” Hyuna extended her hand, offering a handshake to me which I gladly accepted. “Nice meeting you. Kikwang oppa likes talking about you.”

“I’m Haerin and this is my friend, Saeyeon.” I motioned my hand towards Saeyeon who was standing behind me. She bowed and flashed her simple smile.

We heard a ‘ding!’ and the elevator door slowly opened. It seemed like the four of us went to the same floor.

“You guys wanna meet B2ST too?” Hyuna asked and we all laughed.

Saeyeon stretched her arms out and yawned. Lack of sleep, perhaps? “Actually, we want to meet Kikwang.”

We got out from the elevator but Saeyeon and I immediately stopped walking as we saw Kikwang walking with Jinhee towards our direction, both of them were chitchatting happily. She linked her arm with Kikwang’s and what made me furious was the fact that Kikwang acted as if it was nothing, he kept on talking and chuckling.

I closed my eyes, hoping that this was a dream and I would eventually wake up. I opened my left eye to realize that this wasn’t a dream. I sighed and was ready to run away.

“Annyeong, Kikwang oppa.” Naeun greeted him. Great, Naeun! Just Great!

“Annyeong, Na--“ his eyes met with mine and he froze. I bet he didn’t expect me to find him with Jinhee like this. “--eun.”

I glared at their linked arms and he saw it. He quickly pulled his arm away and walked up to me. I saw Hyuna secretly dragged Naeun away and Saeyeon leaned against the wall. Jinhee was standing alone, looked confused.

For God-knows-why, I looked away, ignoring Kikwang’s gaze. I felt like I was going to explode in anger just by seeing another girl linking her arm with my best friend’s. Silly, right?

“I can explain it.” Kikwang said as he stood right in front of me and held my hands, our face were only inches away.

“No need to explain. It has nothing to do with me.”

He seemed a bit surprised. “You’re not angry that Jinhee and I were linking arms?”

I laughed bitterly. “Why would I?”

“Why do you sound so pissed off now?”

“I don’t.”

“Aww~ Lovers’ quarrel?” I suddenly heard Doojoon’s voice behind me.

I turned around and spotted Dongwoon standing behind the leader. I realized that he was holding a newspaper in his left hand and it had picture of Kikwang and me kissing on the first page. My legs suddenly felt numb at the thought of Dongwoon figured out that it was me.

Dongwoon, please. Don’t get it wrong.

I felt like explaining the whole story to Dongwoon but I didn’t know why. Aigoooo~ What’s happening with myself?

 

====================

Hey yeom! I'm back agaaaaaaiiiiiiinn~ lololol xD Here is the update. Please forgive me if this chapter is a mess, I was in a rush when I wrote this. *slapped* hhhh~

@ star_angel91 : there is no hyosung in this story. kkkk~

Anywaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays, do leave comment and let me know what you guys think about this story. I'll try to make this story more interesting. lol xD

I my subscribers. I my readers.