Oh!

Please

“She is my girlfriend.”

My jaw dropped and I quickly turned my head to this Arabian magnae only to see him looking at me with a sweet smile planted on his face. His eyes looked deep into my eyes and I felt myself being paralyzed by that.

“Haerin is my girlfriend.” he fixed my bangs lovingly, as if I was his favorite toy.

Is today the end of the world? Why the heck did Dongwoon say that?

“I didn’t know you two were dating!” Jinhee said rather loudly while dramatically gasped. Oh shut the up, !

I felt my blood stopped flowing in my veins as I didn’t know how to say nor react. I was speechless, my mind went blank as if I was a new born baby. I kept my eyes on Dongwoon’s as I tried to find any hint of joke there like what I did when he said he loved me.

I got nothing. Again.

“Are you guys really dating?” I slowly shifted my gaze to the owner of that voice in disbelief. There Kikwang was, smiling oh so brightly like it was nothing. I felt my heart dropped down from its place while my hands started to shake on my lap from all the emotions I had. “I’m happy for you, Haerin-ah.”

“Love at the first sight. That’s what happened to us.” Dongwoon started, tightening his arm that was around my shoulder while looking back at the reporters. “I bumped onto her when I was getting ready for B2ST’s fanmeet and that was our first encounter.”

I could care less about what Dongwoon was saying next since I myself was shocked again because this boy beside me said to these freaking reporters that we had been going out for a while and so on.

I stole glances at Kikwang only to see him looking down with a hint of sadness in his handsome face. I felt the urge to explain to him that it was a lie but something odd was telling me to just let this flow for now.

Please don’t get this wrong, Kiki.

Jebal.

 

^^^^^

 

“What was that, Woonie?” I spat out once Dongwoon and I arrived at my house. Joonkun told him to drive me home earlier because he didn’t want the reporters to get more information about our ‘relationship’, let alone about myself. I stormed to the kitchen and pulled out a water bottle from the refrigerator. I drank it empty in one go like a mad girl.

“What was what?” he asked calmly, leaning against the wall in my kitchen.

I inhaled deeply. “Why the freaking hell did you say to those reporters that we--”

“Oh. That.” he looked down, swaying his leg while biting his lip. How cute.

No! I should be mad at him.

“Explain, please.” I demanded. To be honest, I’m not fully angry with him. I was just… shocked, that’s all. Being Dongwoon’s fake girlfriend doesn’t sound bad, does it?

Oops. Why am I being like this? Ergh!

“I-- I just felt like saying that.”

“Mwo?! You know that it could trouble us, right?” I was slowly getting angry. How could he say that based on I-feel-like only?

He nodded, still looking down. “I know. Mianhae.”

“No need to say sorry. It can’t change anything.” I slammed the water bottle on the dinning table and I noticed him flinched. Sighing, I left him in the kitchen and went to my room. I locked the door and changed my clothes into my pajamas.

I heard a few knocks on my door as I was putting my used clothes into the laundry basket. “Haerin-ah.”

I ignored it and walked to my bed, pretending that I didn’t hear anything.

“Haerin-ah. Please. I need to talk to you.”

“I DON’T WANT TO TALK TO YOU, WOONIE!” I raged on, burying my head on my pillow. I still don’t get it why I’m being like this, but… hey! What would you do if you were me, huh?

“Please. Let me explain the real reason.” his voice was a bit shaky. He knocked once again, but why did it sound like he had no more strength in his body?

Guilty took over me. You win, Son Dongwoon. You win.

I opened the door and was quickly pulled in Dongwoon’s arms. I could hear his fast heartbeat and it made me wonder what the reason behind that was.

“Mianhae.”

I tried to pull away but he didn’t let me go. “Woon--“

“I was being selfish. Mianhae, Haerin. I shouldn’t have said about that relationship thingy.” he tightened his hug, burying his face in my hair. “I’m sorry. I’ve just caused a trouble for you. I’ve just started your nightmare. But I swear I’m not gonna let anyone hurt you. I’ll take the responsibility.”

I tried to break the hug again and succeeded. I took a step backward and glared at the tall boy in front of me. “Tell me your real reason.”

“It’s… ermm…” he hesitated. “I… wanted to see… Kikwang hyung’s expression.”

“Huh? I don’t get it.”

“I wanted to see whether he was gonna be jealous or not.” he pouted like a kid while looking down. Aww~ Mommyyyyyyyyyyyy!

“Well, I don’t care about him now. All I care about is how your fans would react once they read about this news on the newspaper tomorrow.” I rolled my eyes. “And for Kikwang… I bet he’s probably mad at me right now for not telling him that we’ve been dating for a while but it’s okay, I can handle it.”

“Mianhae, Haerin-ah.”

“Stop apologizing.” I sighed, trying to use my logic here. “What happened, happened. I’m not the only one who will be the victim of fan attack in this case, Woonie. They may attack you as well. Your popularity--“

“I don’t give a about that. All I care about is that I have to protect you from now on since I’ve started this and I’m your boyfriend.” he smiled sheepishly at the last word.

I looked up and stared at those fascinating eyes of his. Some part of my heart told me to be angry with the boy in front of me but the other parts said to give it a try.

How does it feel to be his girlfriend? How does it feel to hear sweet talk from this boy? More important, how does it feel to be loved?

“Let’s just pretend that we’re lover, then.” I gave up. I wanted to know how it feels to be someone’s girlfriend. I wanted to know how it feels to receive cheesy messages from a boyfriend like what happens in dramas.

Dongwoon’s face brightened up and his eyes looked like they were about to jump out from their sockets. “We’re dating?”

“We’re friends but we’re in a fake relationship, just like Kikwang and Jinhee. But over all… yeah, you can tell that we’re dating. You’re my boyfriend.” I blushed as I said the last part.

I felt my body being squeezed in Dongwoon’s embrace again and he kissed the top of my head. “Thank you.”

The new chapter of my life has just begun.

 

^^^^^

 

Since today was Saturday, I decided to just lazy around in my house. Dongwoon stayed here last night but he had to go so early in the morning to film a new CF with Yoseob, at least that’s what he said in his message. Smiling, I decided to re-read Dongwoon’s message this morning.

 

From : Woonie ^^

Good morning, sweetheart. Sorry to leave without waking you up first. I have to film a new CF with Yoseob hyung. I’ll pick you up tonight at 7 and we’ll have dinner at my mom’s house, ne? ^^ Don’t skip your lunch! xoxo

 

I giggled at how cheesy Dongwoon’s message was. No matter how much I had read his messages everyday, I would still giggle when I received the new one. Six days had passed since the day that he announced about our relationship and I could tell that my life had started its ups and downs. When I checked on my mailbox for the past four days, it was always full of letters from fans, mostly Dongwoon’s and Kikwang’s. Some of them called me , , and so on in their letters, but some of them gave support for my relationship with Dongwoon. When Dongwoon and I went to mall or café, people who recognized him would stare at us, whispering some things. Some who were brave enough would talk to Woonie and ask him about me. Even people in my university would always greet me now and often spend their lunch time with me. Wow. I didn’t know people would do me like this because of that fake relationship.

As for Dongwoon, he would always call me in the end of the day after finishing his schedules and give me a resume from what had happened in that day. He would always wake me up by calling me and if it’s possible, he would rush over to my house to have breakfast together with me.

But to be honest, I feel… empty. I mean it.

Kikwang never gave me a call even once after our meeting at that café. When we happened to walk past each other, he would only smile to me. When I called him and asked him to have lunch together with me, he would say he was busy. My heart clenched whenever I saw him but I couldn’t get the chance to talk to him.

Closing my eyes, my mind wandered back to the old times when he was always be by my side, when he would always rush to my side whenever I said I needed him, when he would always calm me down whenever I was sad or cheer me up whenever I was down.

I smiled while remembering those things. This is the bittersweet of my life.

Yawning, I got my body off of my bed and went to the kitchen to make my lunch. It was 1 PM already and my stomach started to grumble. I placed a cooking pot filled with water on the stove and started boiling it to make ramen since I didn’t have anything else but it.

As I was waiting for the water to boil, I heard my ringtone blasting around this small kitchen. I raised my eyebrows as I looked at the caller ID.

Mom.

“Hello?”

“Haerin-ah! You have loads to explain!”

“Calm down, mom. Calm down.” I said, opening the package of my ramen. I put the noodle with its seasoning in the boiled water while keep on pressing my phone on my ear with my shoulder.

“How can I calm down after hearing that my only daughter is dating the magnae of a famous boyband, huh? Haerin-ah, do you know what you’ve gotten yourself into?”

Why is she so angry?

“Mom, I know what I’m doing. Dongwoon is a nice guy.”

I heard she tsk-ed in other line. “How long have you known him to say that he’s nice?”

“Mom, trust me. Dongwoon isn’t like dad. He cares about me, he protects me, he loves me.”

This. I can’t tolerate it when people doubt my choice. Even though Dongwoon and I are just faking this relationship, I still think that I should stand for him. I must stand for my boyfriend.

“I wish you just dated Kikwang instead.”

“Would it make any different if Kikwang and I were dating? Would it make any different if he was my boyfriend? Didn’t you say that boys only wanted to get in our pants and played with our heart? Besides, I don’t love Kikwang.” I quickly covered my mouth with my free hand as I realized what I had just said. Damn. I didn’t know that sentence would escape from my mouth.

“Haerin--“

Rubbing my temple, I calmed myself down. “Stop. Stop telling me what to do. Stop controlling me, mom. I have my own life.”

“Hae--“

I cut the line off even though Mom hadn’t fully finished her sentence. I couldn’t take it anymore. She left me for her dream to be a designer and now she is trying to get in my way? Sorry, mom. Live your life, Imma live my life.

I turned the stove off and turned around to take a bowl from the rack but I quickly jumped in shock as I saw Doojoon standing by the door frame of my kitchen. “! You scared me!”

He just grinned. “Sorry. You left your front door open, so… yeah. Better remember to always lock it first before--”

“Shut up, Yoonleader.” I rolled my eyes and took an animal printed bowl from my rack. I poured my ramen into it and started fanning my lunch with my hand. “How much did you hear?”

“From hello, I guess.”

Damn. He heard it all.

I brought my bowl to the living room and sat on the cold floor with my bowl right in front of me, turning my television on. “Don’t tell anyone about this.”

“I won’t. I’m the best secret keeper. Hahaha…” he took a seat next to me and pulled my bowl away.

“Yah!” I tried to have it back but failed. “What do you want, oppa?”

“Actually, I wanted to check on you. I haven’t seen you in… almost a week? Hahaha… From what I saw a few minutes ago on the sidewalk, people were ready to hunt you down. That’s why I wanted to make sure whether you were okay or not after the news about Dongwoon dating you reported everywhere for a few days, but… I guess I have another topic to talk now.” he gave me that playful smirk and I ing wanted to just punch him on the face.

I paid no concern to what he had said. “I’m starting to get used to receive people’s attention now.”

“Well, it doesn’t matter anymore.” he chuckled. “Haerin-ah, what is Kikwang to you?”

I snatched my bowl back since he wasn’t paying attention to it then started eating my ramen. “He’s my best friend.”

He gave me another smirk. “That’s not what Hyunseung told me.”

“You guys know it?!” I squealed in horror. ! Kikwang must have known about this, then.

“Kikwang doesn’t.” he shook his head, chuckling. “He is acting stupid, or… he is really stupid.”

“Don’t let him know!” I yelled. “Please.”

“Haerin-ah, why don’t you tell him that you love him?”

I stopped eating my delicious ramen, suddenly lost my appetite. “I-- I’m afraid, oppa.”

“People aren’t afraid of saying ‘I love you’, they’re afraid of hearing the response.”

I felt like I was being stabbed right in my heart. Doojoon was right. I looked at him and he gave me a reassuring smile. “I--“

“If you love Kikwang, let him know. If not, please gently let him go. I know it’s hard to pretend you love someone else when you don’t, but it’s harder to pretend that you don’t love someone when you really do.”

”Oppa--“

“You love Kikwang, not Dongwoon. Am I right? If you don’t love Kikwang, don’t hold onto him.”

I took a deep breath and with all the braveries in me, I said something that I myself couldn’t believe it would slip out from my lips. “I have Dongwoon now, he’s my boyfriend. I loved Kikwang, but I love Dongwoon.”

 

====================

Whoa! So many comments here! :O Awwww~ I was so touched when I read your comments. Thanks for encouraging me, guys. :) Besides... WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NEW SUBSCRIBERS! I Thank you guys for loving this story. ^^

SAY HI TO MY NEW SUBSCRIBERS :

puppy9449

karananyuki

dashLah

Shaneriex3

miroticobsessed

PokerFairy

leongmunmun

pigpig9559

KIM_heart_B2ST

echa101

iheartyoseob

OrangeChoco

neliangie