I Like You The Best

Please

The next day, I was woken up at the blasting sound of my ringtone and I immediately cursed at nothing in reflex. I sat up and grabbed my phone on the nightstand table only to see that Saeyeon was calling. I hissed, pressing the answer button. “Yah! How dare you waking me up this early, huh?”

“For God’s sake, Haerin, it’s already 11AM, you babo.”

“Still, today is Saturday!”

“Don’t you realize what date today is?”

I frowned. Of course I remember. “March 29th. Wae?”

“Heck. What the hell do you mean by ‘wae’?” I heard she sighed in the other line. “Tomorrow is Kikwang’s birthday party.”

It took me a few seconds to register what she had said. “W-- WHAT? OMG! I DON’T HAVE A DECENT DRESS. AIGO WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME YESTERDAY?! YAH. IM SAEYEON WHY--”

“Yah. Yah. Now you’re blaming me? You should’ve thanked me for waking you up this early so we will still have a long time to search for your dress. Now get your off of your bed and take a quick shower. I’ll be there in twenty minutes and we will shop together.”

She hung up and I quickly rushed to my bathroom. After taking a quick shower just like what Saeyeon said, I put on an oversized white tee with a picture of balloons in the middle of it and a pair of dark blue skinny jeans. I stepped on my Nike high tops and put my rainbow-colored beanie on my head.

As I was fixing my bangs, I heard a honk from outside. I walked to my bedroom window and saw that Saeyeon’s car was already waiting for me. I grabbed my wallet and phone then stormed out off my house.

“Nice style, Haerin.” Saeyeon complimented right after I put my safe belt on. I just gave her a small giggle and she pulled out to the highway.

Saeyeon brought me to her favorite mall which was also happened to be Junhyung’s favorite one, and we started looking for a beautiful dress for me. We’d been walking around this place for almost three hours but no dress interested me yet.

“Ugh! I’m tired already, Saeyeon. Let’s take a rest for a while.” I sat on one of the chairs in the food court and put my head on the table. Even though I wasn’t wearing high heels, my feet hurt from walking for three hours long. “I’m starting to think that I better not come to the party.”

“Yah. Kikwang will be so sad, then.” she replied, sitting next to me. She pulled her phone out from her purse and suddenly a small smile appeared on her face. I glanced at her phone only to see her replying to Yoseob’s text.

“Just tell him about your feelings, then.” I advised.

She put her phone on the table, signaling that she was done texting. “I’m still not ready.”

I was about to ask why but I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket. I fished it out and quickly picked the call up. “Ne, Woonie?”

“Eodiya?”

“At Junhyung oppa’s favorite mall. Waeyo?”

“Nothing. I’m done doing my schedules and I was wondering maybe we could go out somewhere?”

I caught a hint of a begging tone in his voice, as if he really wanted to go out with me. I turned my head to Saeyeon and she mouthed ‘what?’ while raising her eyebrows. I took a deep breath. “Where do you wanna go?”

“Anywhere as long as I’m with you. If you want, I can come over to where you are now.”

I unconsciously smiled hearing Dongwoon’s words. “If that so, come here. I’m at the food court, I’ll be waiting for you here.”

“Okay. Don’t go anywhere. I love you.”

My heartbeat stopped for a while. This wasn’t the first time Dongwoon said those three magic words but this was the first time my heart gave a different reaction to it. “Love you too, Woonie.”

I put my phone on the table, right beside Saeyeon’s phone. I stared at nothing in particular until Saeyeon touched my shoulder. “Neon gwaenchana?”

“Yeah.” I nodded. “Just a bit… umm, shocked.”

“Waeyo, eh?”

“He said ‘I love you’.”

She arched her eyebrow. “So? What’s wrong with that?”

“My heart gave a different reaction this time.”

She gave me a playful smirk which I freaking hated. “You’ve fallen for Dongwoon.”

“What? No. Oh come on, how come?” I tried to stable my heartbeat at the mention of Dongwon’s name. Oh God, no no no. This can’t be happening, right? No. That’s impossible, right?

“Don’t deny it, Haerin-ah. I see how you’re starting to--“

“No.” I cut her off. “I still love Kikwang.”

“Are you sure? Why never show it, then?”

I looked down on my lap. “It’s because… erm, because… I… erm, I…--“

“You’re afraid of being rejected?”

I snapped my head up. Seriously, I had no idea how she could get it right. I flashed a faint smile and looking down on my lap again. “Yeah. That’s the main reason. But I’m also afraid this love thingy will affect my friendship. I want my friendship with Kikwang to last long. I’m ready to kill my feelings for him if it’s needed to make our friendship last until the end of time.”

“Tsk. Silly.” Saeyeon commented. “Listen, Haerin-ah. If you’re in love with two boys, choose the second one. Why? Because if you love the first one so much, you won’t fall in love with the second boy.”

“But I don’t love Dong--“

“Don’t say that. You’re still unsure of your feelings, right?”

I sighed in defeat. “Yeah.”

I was deep in thoughts until someone threw their arms over my neck, hugging me from behind. That person chuckled and I knew it was Dongwoon in a snap.

“What were you thinking about, honey?” he asked and it sent shivers down my spine. The way he said ‘honey’ got me all giddy inside.

I heard Saeyeon let out a small giggle and I suddenly felt the heat rushed up to my cheeks.

Dongwoon placed his head on top of mine. “Were you thinking about me?”

“You wish.” I forced a laugh but I tried my best to sound as natural as I could. “I was just thinking about not coming to Kikwang’s birthday party.”

“Eh? Wae?” Dongwoon pulled away and sat on the chair next to me. I noticed some people were now looking at us but I didn’t care about that. “You have to come.”

“I haven’t found any decent dress yet, Woonie.”

“Haerin-ah.” he placed his hand on my shoulder. “I’m sure no matter how simple your dress is, you will still look beautiful in Kikwang hyung’s eyes. Trust me.”

“But--“

Dongwoon placed a finger on my lips to shut me up. “If it makes you happy, I can call my mom and ask for a help to choose a beautiful dress for you. Okay?”

“Isn’t it too--“ before I could finish it, he was already on the phone with someone. Ergh! This boy!

“Okay, mom. Thanks.” was all he said before hanging up. He then looked at me with a happy face. “Got it. Let’s go to my mom’s friend’s boutique! Mom said she would be there in ten minutes.”

“Ermm… I think I can’t come with you guys. I have schedule after this.” Saeyeon suddenly spoke up.

I knew she just made it up so she could go somewhere else with Yoseob. I saw her reply to him, btw. Heck. What if Dongwoon didn’t call me earlier? Was she gonna ditch me for Yoseob?

“It’s okay. I can accompany Haerin.” he smiled sweetly at her. Innocent boy. Tsk.

“Thanks, Dongwoon.” she said. “Well, I better get going now. Bye, guys!”

Saeyeon hugged me once before leaving. Yeah yeah yeah. Just go with your boy, gurl.

“Gaja~” Dongwoon grabbed my hand and intertwined my fingers with his. I felt the electricity went through all my veins the moment our skins touched.

I frowned, thinking about that what the hell was happening.

We walked together to the parking lot where his car was, ignoring some whispers from the people who were passing by. I looked down while walking, feeling that I wasn’t decent enough to be Dongwoon’s ‘girlfriend’.

“Don’t take it too much.” Dongwoon said when we were already in his car. “They’re just jealous of you.”

I smiled. “I know.”

 

^^^^^

 

I twirled around in front of my mirror and unknowingly smiled seeing my reflection there. Tonight I was going to Kikwang’s birthday party wearing a dress Dongwoon’s mom chose for me yesterday. It was a simple knee length black dress with spaghetti straps and transparent flower pattern.

Saeyeon, who helped me to do my hair and make-up, was now putting make-up on her beautiful face in my guest room.

After a while, I took a deep breath before grabbing my purse then went to my living room only to see Saeyeon was already there.

“You look… stunning.” Saeyeon complimented while I was walking down the stairs.

I reached the bottom of the stairs and smiled at her. “You look more stunning. As always.”

She giggled. “Thank you. We better go now, Haerin. You don’t want your prince waiting for you, do you?”

Both of us started walking to the driveway where her car was. “Which prince?”

“You decide.” she winked before getting inside her luxurious car.

It only took a few minutes to reach Kikwang’s house since it was located not too far from mine. Saeyeon parked her car and we made our way towards the party house. My jaw dropped seeing many famous idols were here with us. If only my classmates were also here, I was sure they would go crazy.

“Oh thanks God you’re here!”

I turned my head towards the owner of that voice in confusion and pointed to my face. “Me?”

Hyunseung nodded. “Kikwang is so pissed off because of something I don’t know. I’ve tried to call you but you didn’t pick it up even once!”

I quickly checked my purse and realized that I left my phone on my bed. “Ah. Mianhae.”

“He’s in his room. If you don’t mind, please go talk to him. This party is his, you know. “

“But--“

Saeyeon elbowed me, signaling me to do what Hyunseung told me to.

I rolled my eyes and nodded. After giving my purse to Saeyeon, I walked upstairs towards Kikwang’s room.

I knocked once.

Twice.

Thrice.

No answer.

“Kiki, it’s me.”

Still no answer.

I twisted the doorknob only to find that it was unlocked. I slowly pushed the door open and saw Kikwang standing by the window. He was looking outside but I could see that his face was emotionless.

I approached him and tapped his arm. He turned to face me and tsk-ed.

Hello? Did I miss something here?

“Yah! What the hell is wrong with you?” I asked, slowly getting angry because of his behavior.

“Nothing is wrong.”

“Then why are you being like this, huh?” I jabbed his chest with my index finger. “Why?”

He closed his eyes and turned back to the window again. “I saw you yesterday.”

“Saw me?”

“With Dongwoon. At Mrs. Kang’s boutique. All lovey dovey.”

And then?

I crossed my arms on my chest. “He’s my boyfriend, you know that.”

He heaved out a sigh and wiped his handsome face with his hand. “It’s about time.”

“What do you mean?”

He looked hesitated at first but he finally managed to say what was in his mind. “I don’t like seeing you with Dongwoon.”

“Huh?”

“I don’t like seeing you with any other boy.”

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

“I don’t like it when other boys hug you while I can’t. I don’t like it when you spend your time more with other boys. I don’t like it when I have to witness you all lovey dovey with Dongwoon.”

“Ki--“

“Okay. I admit I’m jealous. I know you’re Dongwoon’s girlfriend but…”

Then it hit my mind. I felt my hands trembling and my heartbeat started beating faster. I had already known where this was going but I wanted to hear it from his lips.

“I love you, Kwon Haerin.”

 

====================

Okay okay I know you guys must probably hate me for not updating in what feels like ageeeeeeeess~ *bows* I was suuuuuuper busy with school ad it got me crazeeeehh like hell. Dx

Actually, this chapter had been written since days ago but I never got the chance to post it. :( So, here is the long-awaited chapter. Enjoy! :) DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT, YEAH? ^^

Oh! Before I forget, I decided to make another story (starring Joon!) here >> http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/81997

LOVE YA! BYE YEOM!