One Better Day

Please

Kikwang slowly pulled away and he cupped my face with his warm hands as he looked straight into my eyes, reading my soul. He wiped away my tears that kept on flowing and flashed a faint smile. “Stop crying. It hurts me to see you like this.”

Unfortunately, my eyes had their own brain. I couldn’t stop crying. Living for weeks without him by my side was really a nightmare and it left scar in my heart.

He hugged me again then planted a soft kiss on my temple. “Ssshh. I’m here.”

Anger, happiness, sadness, these mixed feelings were suffocating me.

“Jerk.” I sniffed and started throwing weak punches on his chest. “You know I can’t live without you. I have no family here and you ing left me alone for weeks, you bastard. You didn’t call me, you didn’t text me, you didn’t freaking talk to me when we met!”

I knew it wasn’t fully his fault that we didn’t interact much for the past weeks. I myself also avoided him because of my selfishness.

He didn’t fight back, he just let me take my anger out by punching him on the chest. He kept on hugging me even though I tried to hit him as hard as I could.

When I felt tired from doing that, I dropped my hands to my sides while trying to stop my sobs. “I hate you, Lee Kikwang.”

He gave me no response. Suddenly, he released the hug and held my arms to help me to stand up. He turned around and squatted in front of me. “Get on my back.”

“Wha--“

“You can’t walk properly.” he simply said. “Look at your knees. Now get on my back.”

I did what I was told. Kikwang secured my legs that were wrapped around his waist, fixed my position on his back, and started walking.

Without any clear reason, I felt all hot and my heart was beating fast. What’s wrong, eh? I buried my face on the back of his neck as he walked on the sidewalk and people were staring at us. I can’t let them know that Dongwoon’s girlfriend is on Kikwang’s back, right?

We entered my house and Kikwang carried me directly to my room. He gently dropped me on my bed and walked out from my room. A moment later, he was back while bringing my first-aid kit. I didn’t say anything as I let him cure the scratches on my knees.

“Watch your step, ne?” he patted my head as he finished covering my scratches with band aids. He gathered all the stuffs, put it back in the kit, and was about to leave my room when I stopped him.

“Where are you going?”

He tilted his head to the side. “I thought you didn’t want to see me?”

“I didn’t say that.” I immediately pouted, earning a soft chuckle from Kikwang. I was about to ask him to have lunch with me but my stomach beat me to it.

He approached me, ruffled my hair, then pinched my nose. “Let’s have lunch together.”

“Jinjja?” I asked in excitement. “You’ll cook for me?”

“Anything for my best friend.” he flashed me his cute smile and reached his hand out. “Come on.”

I gladly intertwined my hand with his and we walked downstairs, hand in hand. Within seconds, I had forgotten about my scratched knees.

I sat at the dinning table and watched Kikwang prepared everything for our lunch. I furrowed my eyebrows as I recognized the ingredients he put on the table.

Sandwich?

“Is this what you call cook?” I emphasized the word ‘cook’ while tilting my head. Man, seriously? I’m hungreeeeeeeehh, duh!

Kikwang smiled sheepishly and leaned against the counter. “I didn’t say I would cook for you.”

“I asked and you didn’t deny it.”

“I didn’t say yes either.”

I rolled my eyes and eventually helped him to make sandwiches because I knew there was no point of arguing with him. We finished it in about ten minutes and Kikwang brought our lunch to the living room while I cleaned my kitchen.

I unknowingly smiled as I dried my hand with a cloth after cleaning the mess on the dinning table. The happiness I felt was unexplainable. Was it because of Kikwang? I shrugged my shoulder off as I kicked that question out of my mind.

I stepped into my living room only to see Kikwang eating almost all the sandwiches we made. I opened my mouth, wanting to yell at him, but the sight of him eating on my couch while watching cartoon just like old times made my smile. Still smiling, I crossed my arms and leaned against the wall, silently watching him.

Kikwang turned his head to me and arched his eyebrows innocently, his right hand was holding a sandwhich. “Haerin-ah, what are you doing there? Come on, let’s eat together.”

I shook my head. “You eat. I just missed seeing you like that, eating on my couch just like what you always did before you debuted. But now… it’s hard to eat together with you. It’s hard to spend time with you.”

He just blinked a couple of times in return. After placing his sandwich on the table, a small smile crept up on his face as he reached his arms out and stood up. “Come here.”

I bet Kikwang could easily see the confusion that was written all over my face as I slowly walked towards him. I stopped right in front of him and was caught off guard when he suddenly pulled me in for a hug.

“I’m sorry.” he apologized in a weak voice. “I’m sorry, Haerin.”

I wrapped my arms around his body. Now after thinking for weeks, I finally understood how it felt to be in Kikwang’s position. It must be hard for him to decide whether he should spend his time with me or take a rest after finishing his schedules. “Ani. It’s okay, Kiki. That’s the consequence I have to take for being your best friend. I understand.”

“But still… I feel bad for leaving you--“

“You didn’t leave me. You were just busy, right?” I tried to control my voice since I know my heart couldn’t deny the fact that I was hurt because he avoided me without any clear reason for days.

Kikwang sighed. He pulled away but kept his hands on my arms, staring deep into my watery eyes. “Were you really okay while I was gone?”

Was I?

I tried to break eye contact with him but he placed his hands on the sides of my face, bringing me back to look at him.

“Were you?”

I looked down and shook my head. “My life was miserable without you.”

“But you had Dongwoon when I wasn’t around.”

I quickly lifted my head up as I heard that heartbreaking sentence. What the freaking hell.

“I’m happy that now you have someone else to take care of you when I’m not around. You don’t have to look for me anymore if you need anything.”

I let out a bitter chuckle. “Are you saying that you’re leaving me for real now? Oh, yes. Now everything is over between us. You have Jinhee and I have Dongwoon. I shouldn’t bother you anymore. You better leave me to Dongwoon and take care of Jinhee more.”

Now it was his turn to look down on my cold tiled floor. His hands went southward so they were holding mine now. “I’ll never leave you. I’ll never let you go. I’ve promised to your mom that I would never let anyone hurt you, remember?”

I nodded.

He took a deep breath and lifted his head up. He placed his hands back on the sides of my face and run his thumbs along my cheeks. “Can you do me a favor?”

“What’s that?” my heart was pounding oh so loudly by now. Oh Lord, don’t let him heard that. Jebal.

“No matter how long we can’t see each other, no matter how complicated the situation is… please, don’t give up on me. Don’t ever let me go. Yes, I promise you I’ll never let you go, but I also want you to hold onto me until faith separates us. Once you tell me to go, I’ll do nothing but obey you. I’m always here for you because I know you need me. So… if you don’t need me anymore and you tell me to go, there’s nothing I could do, right?”

“Kiki--“

“I just want you to never let me go because I will definitely do the same to you. Got it? I want it to be fair between us.”

I could only give him a weak nod as I felt my eyes started to let my tears roll down on my cheeks. I felt a bit suffocated but somehow I also wanted to explode in happiness.

He pulled me again in his embrace. “Yah. Don’t cry. I should be the one who makes you smile, not the one who makes you cry.”

 “You make me both cry and smile.” I let out a faint laugh and softly pushed him away. “Kiki, I want to… apologize for avoiding you.”

“You don’t have to.”

“But--”

“I always forgive you because I know you always sincerely forgive me without me even asking for it.”

I pinched his cheeks as I thought that his words were cheesy enough to hear. “Aww~ That’s very sweet of you, Kiki.”

He pouted like a kid and was about to argue but his ringtone stopped him. He fished his phone out from his jeans pocket and handed it to me. “You answer it.”

Raising my eyebrow, I pressed the ‘answer’ button after looking at the caller ID. “Ne, Junhyung oppa?”

“Whoa! He found you!”

“Uh-huh. Waeyo?”

Kikwang decided to sit back on the couch, continuing to watch the cartoon. He tugged on my hand without looking at me, signaling me to take a seat next to him which I gladly obeyed.

“Ani. Just wanted to make sure that he really has found you. Hahaha…”

“Did you guys send him to do that?”

“No. He himself quickly ran out from our apartment once he heard that you didn’t tell Dongwoon where you were. Anyways, wanna go shopping with us?”

“SHOPPING?” my girly side took over me. “COUNT ME IN!”

“Come to my favorite mall in twenty minutes. Kikwang knows where. Bye, Haerin-ah.”

I threw the phone onto the owner’s lap and shook his shoulder. “Yah. Get your lazy off of my couch. We’re gonna shop at Junhyung oppa’s favorite mall!”

“But I’m still watching--“

It had been a long time since I last went shopping and no way would I let this chance pass. “No buts. Ppaliiiiiiii~”

Without changing our outfits, we hurriedly went to the mall by bus. I was surprised yet happy that he decided to use public transportation again, just like what we always did in the past. I heard girls squealing in excitement as Kikwang stepped into this bus and they tried to get his attention. I pouted as I felt jealousy got the best of me. To my bad and good luck, there were too many people in this bus and both of us were squeezed here but it made those fangirls could do nothing to Kikwang. They only got the chance to take a picture of him and hear his polite greetings. The ride was bumpy and I realized Kikwang instinctively trapped me between his body and the window, securing me so I wouldn’t be squeezed too hard. The fact that we were facing each other and his face was too close to mine made my heart beat faster than usual.

After being squeezed in the bus for almost fifteen minutes, we finally got out from the vehicle and walked in to the mall. Unfortunately, this place was soooooo crowded.

I felt Kikwang’s firm hand held mine and I gave him a confused look.

“I don’t want you to get lost in this place.”

My heart started to beat faster and erratic and it felt like my body’s heat was moved to my face. Someone please help me!

And God always hears me.

Not long after that, someone tapped my shoulder and when I turned around… it was Junhyung! At first I was about to give him a bear hug but Kikwang didn’t let my hand go so I could only hug him with one arm. Why so selfish, Kiki?

“Long time no see you, Haerin-ah. You’re getting prettier.” Junhyung complimented as he looked at me from head to toe.

“Yah, hyung! Are you hitting on my girlfriend?”

I looked over Junhyung’s shoulder and saw Dongwoon walking with the other members. Yoseob was on the phone with someone while Doojoon was listening to some songs from his iPod. Dongwoon glanced at my hand that was in Kikwang’s and I could see a hint of sadness on his western-like face.

“So, where should we go first?” Hyunseung asked as nobody seemed to have any idea about this shopping route.

Junhyung looked at his wristwatch. “Why don’t we have lunch first? It’s almost 3PM and I haven’t eaten anything yet.”

“Let’s go, then!” Yoseob shouted, he wasn’t on the phone anymore.

All of us went to a restaurant nearby and a waitress came to our table to take our orders. Since I wasn’t that hungry, I was a bit confused about what to eat.

“What’s your order?” I asked to Kikwang who was sitting on my left.

He flipped through the menu and stopped at the steak page. “This. Tenderloin steak with black pepper sauce. Wae?”

I stuck my lower lip out. “Why don’t you order sirloin steak instead?”

“Why should I?” he closed the menu book and looked at me, confused.

“Because I want to taste it.”

“Why don’t you order it by yourself?”

“Because I also want to eat tenderloin steak.” I begged him through my eyes, hoping he would do what I asked.

“I’ll order sirloin steak and we can share.” Dongwoon, who was sitting on my right, snapped.

“No. You don’t have to share your food with me. You still need to grow up, Woonie.”

“Are you saying that I don’t need to grow up anymore?” Kikwang asked, a bit annoyed. “That I’ll be forever short?”

I seriously wanted to laugh but I tried to hold it back. “That’s not what I meant, Kiki. I always feel uneasy if someone, except you, has to share their food with me.”

Kikwang sighed in defeat. “Fine. I’ll order sirloin steak.”

Doojoon repeated our orders and the waitress wrote it down then politely told us to wait for the food.

“Yes!” I pumped my fist in the air and did a little victory dance in my seat, making B2ST’s members laugh.

“You guys are so noisy, you know that?” Doojoon said.

Hyunseung smiled. “It’s nice to see you laugh like this again, Kwangie.”

I turned my head to Kikwang who was still laughing and I unconsciously smiled. This is my Kikwang, the old Kikwang I love.

While waiting for our food to come, we talked about random things. I realized Dongwoon was a bit quiet this time but I tried to not make it as a big deal. Better let him be and ask him about it later.

 

^^^^^

 

“Aigoooo~” I put the shopping bags down on the table and flopped my tired body on the couch. I breathed out and closed my eyes. “I’m so effin’ tired.”

Kikwang lightly flicked my forehead. “You better take a bath first, stinky girl.”

“Yah! How dare you flick my precious forehead.” I wanted to hit him but I didn’t do that since I had no energy left. “Aaaahh~ I’m so tired. Four hours of shopping with you guys really my energy up.”

He let out a soft chuckle and sat down on the left space on my couch. “Who told you to be so picky, huh?”

“I wasn’t being picky. Doojoon told me to choose anything I wanted, and you know it well that sometimes my princess-like side takes over me, so I was having a hard time to choose what to buy.”

“Well, at last you were being a princess.”

I smiled sheepishly. “Uh-huh. Junhyung oppa bought me clothes and Hyunseung oppa bought me shoes without even telling me first. They chose it by themselves and suddenly gave it to me after I walked out from the restroom. They are the best!”

“And Yoseob bought you this giant teddy bear.”

I glanced at the giant doll near Kikwang’s feet and my lips formed into a wide smile as I remembered the reason why Yoseob bought me that thing. “He doesn’t want me to be alone here.”

“Dolls are dolls. They don’t talk, they don’t move.”

I sat up straight, ready to argue back, but suddenly I heard some knock on my front door. “Who is coming?”

“Do I look like I know? It may be your friend.” Kikwang turned the television on and focused on the music show he was watching.

I hesitatingly walked to my front door and opened it. My eyes widened in shock as I saw who was standing in front of my door. “Dad?”

I felt my eyeballs were about to jump out from their sockets as I saw a girl got out from a car on my driveway and walked towards me but stopped behind my dad’s back. She smiled as my dad turned his head to look at her.

“Jinhee?”

 

====================

WHOAAAAAA! GOT 66 SUBSCRIBERS ALREADY! THANKS FOR THE LOVE, GUYS! kkkk~ ^^ Anyways, please forgive me if this chapter is kinda lame, I wrote this in a bad mood because my mom kept on scolding me this morning. ><

Don't forget to leave comments here! :D See ya guys next time~ Bye yeom!

HEYHOOOO MY NEW SUBSCRIBERS! ^^

LuisaSJLOVE

joeybelle

leeminhyun13

jenjeneee

PaolaRincones

MANGYAHang

kyuri91

kpoprox9764

stormyrap

jinjulazuli

daniela501