Special

Please

The sun shone through the thin fabric of my curtain, sending its warm radiation on my body. I slowly opened my eyes and the first thing I saw was Kikwang’s sleeping face. He always looks like an angel when he’s sleeping, so calm yet so fascinating.

I realized that his arm was still around my waist and my heart went dugeun-dugeun again. I looked back at his face, studying it. Is he really my best friend? The one who was very shy when he was kid? The one who was always bullied by the older boys because he was short?

I remembered the first time Kikwang told me about his biggest dream, he was still 11 at that time. We were sitting on the swings at the park when he suddenly blurted out that he wanted to be a famous singer. I laughed at him, saying that it wouldn’t be happened. But now, the boy sleeping next to me had reached his dream to be a singer and turned into a freaking handsome boy.

I saw his eyes fluttered open and they formed into two tiny slits right after he saw me staring at him. “Good morning.”

I smiled. “Good morning, Kiki.”

“It’s always nice to see your face when I first open my eyes in the morning.” He flashed me a sweet smile and I felt my brain stopped working for a while.

“Bull.”

He just laughed a bit and messed my hair.

I looked over his shoulder to check the time. It was already 9.50 AM. “Don’t you have schedule for today?”

“Ani.” he shook his head. “Joonkun hyung told me that today is my day off. He wanted me to go on a date with Jinhee.”

Can someone just kill me now?

“Go.” I said. I sat up and walked downstairs to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee for me. I felt someone’s presence behind me but decided to just ignore it. I focused on my coffee machine whirling on the counter.

“Are you angry?” Kikwang asked.

The coffee machine finished its work and I pulled my cup out. Taking a deep breath, the aroma of coffee instantly calmed me down.

“I could call it off if--“

“Just go.” I went to the dining table and sat down.

“But I honestly want to spend this day with you. Seriously.” he flew his arms over my neck, hugging me from behind. !

I rolled my eyes and took a sip of my coffee. “I have classes today, Kiki.”

“Let me drive you to your university then.”

“Fine.” I finished my drink and went upstairs to take a bath. I grabbed a random shirt from my closet plus a pair of jeans and put them on. I brushed my hair and just let it fall past my shoulder.

I ran downstairs and saw Kikwang was sitting on the couch, texting someone. He looked fresh, probably had taken a bath in the bathroom inside his room. He was dressed in a black v-neck t-shirt and jeans, simple but still made him different in a good way. I walked up to the back of the couch, wanting to surprise him but I accidentally catch a glimpse of his well-built chest and it drove me crazy.

Probably feeling someone standing behind him, he turned his head around and put his phone inside his jeans pocket. “Oh, you’re done already.”

I could only nod. What else can I do, huh? I myself even doubt that I can speak right now.

“Haerin-ah? What’s wrong? Are you not feeling well?” he asked, his voice was full of concern.

Your chest makes me go crazy, Kiki. I mentally screamed.

No, I can’t say that.

“I’m okay. Just a bit nervous, I guess.”

“Any exam today?”

“Uh-huh. Mr. Kim’s exam.” I lied.

“Hwaiting! I know you can pass it easily. You got 97 for his previous exam, right?”

Whoot? So, he did read my text? Why did he not reply, huh?

I nodded again.

He walked around the couch and grabbed my hand. “Let’s go.”

The ride wasn’t bumpy but I was still dugeun-dugeun here, sitting on the passenger seat. This time, I didn’t forget to put my seat belt on once I got inside his car, I didn’t want that kiss accident to happen again.

“We’re here.” Kikwang said as he stopped his car a few meters away from my university gate. I felt him staring at me as I was putting my seat belt off.

“Wae?”

“Nothing.” he smiled, but I knew it was a fake smile. He held his arms out, wanting a hug. I rolled my eyes before hugging him. “See ya later, Kiki.”

“Take care.” he said. He leaned in and pressed his lips against my forehead. “I’ll call you later.”

“Hmm. Bye.” I ruffled his black hair and got out from his expensive car. Right after I turned around, I heard he shouted “Don’t skip your lunch!”

I smiled, forming my fingers into an ‘okay’ sign without looking back at him while kept on walking to the building in front of me.

I felt a light tap on my right shoulder as I took the last corner on the way to my class. I turned around and felt like fainting any minute as I saw who it was.

“Haerin-sshi.”

“Y-- Yes?” I stuttered. I admit it, I ever had a slight interest in this boy, but it was just in that oh-so-called fangirling state. The boy in front of me is tall, has a dark brown hair, pointing nose, a bit foreigner face, breathtaking smile, it does kinda remind me of… Dongwoon.

He smiled and it made me hard to breath. “I need your help to prepare the event for our university’s 81st anniversary. I’m here to tell you that you’re chosen to be one of the committees.”

“W-- What kind of help?” gah. Is there any worse question than that?

“Arranging the rundown, making the deal with the guest stars, deciding the concept, yeah… things like that.” he chuckled nervously, as if he was afraid that I would think those things were too much.

“O-- Okay. I’ll help you.”

A delightful smile crept on his gorgeous face. “Thank you! We’ll talk more about this at lunch time, yeah?”

I managed to nod my head while trying to stop this stupid thumping in my heart.

“Oh! We should exchange phone numbers!” he snapped his fingers and fished out his iPhone. He handed it to me and I pressed my number then saved it in his contact list. I gave the iPhone back to its owner, smiling. He took a step backward and waved his hand at me. “See ya later!”

I let out a super heavy sigh when he was no longer in sight. Closing my eyes, I leaned against the wall beside me, remembering what had just happened.

Oh boooooooyy. The Kingka of this university, Kim Youngji, has just asked me for a help! I’m not dreaming, aren’t I? It did really happen, right?

Oh ! Why did I not ask for his number? Why was I soooo confident that he would call or text me first?

“Yah! Haerin-ah!” a voice, a very ing familiar one, cut my train of thoughts. I straightened my body and cleared my throat, as if nothing happened. “What were you daydreaming about?”

“Nothing!” I spoke louder than usual, earning a curious look from the girl in front of me.

“Liar.” she stated, jabbing my side lightly. “Were you daydreaming about you hot best friend?”

“Hot bes--“ I widened my eyes as I realized whom Saeyeon was referring to. “NO! I WASN’T THINKING ABOUT LEE KIKWANG!”

“Who says I was talking about him? You y!” she burst into laughter, making me embarrassed.

I showed her my puffy cheeks and walked away from the-still-laughing Saeyeon. I entered my class only to be welcomed by my classmates’ whispers about Kikwang’s relationship with Jinhee, most of them were giving good comments about that. A weird feeling came into my heart as I listened to what they were saying while going straight to my seat by the window.

“Haerin-ah!” a girl who was sitting in the first row, that if I wasn’t mistaken named Sunghee, called me out. Bleh. She never talked to me before. What’s happening, huh? Why in the world did suddenly people in this building want to have a convo with me?

“Yeah?”

“Have you seen your name is written as one of the committees for our university’s anniversary celebration party?”

“I haven’t seen it but Youngji-sshi has told me.”

Silence.

Ooookayyyyy. It seems like I said something taboo just now since all the girls’ eyes in my class are staring straight at me with different emotions.

“He told you by himself?” Sunghee looked at me in disbelief dramatically.

“Uh-huh.” I mentally frowned. Is anything wrong with it?

“That’s good, then.” she smiled, but I could tell that she was still couldn’t believe it. “We’re gonna talk about it more after lunch.”

“A-- yes. I--” I was about to say something else but Mrs. Han was already in my class. I took my note out from my bag and started listening to my lecturer.

I took a deep breath. My struggle to listen carefully to the most boring subject in my major has just begun.

 

^^^^^

 

“Everything went well… Yeah… No, Haerin didn’t even realize it… Uh-huh…”

I furrowed my eyebrows. I was standing while holding a tray of my lunch behind Saeyeon who was sitting and on the phone with someone. Did she just mention my name?

“Yeah… More people are better… Hmm… Ne, arasseo… Yeah… Bye.”

“I didn’t realize what?” I asked right after she cut the line off. I sat across her and raised my eyebrows, waiting for her answer.

“N-- Nothing.” she stuttered. Biting her lower lips, she looked at another direction, trying to avoid my gaze.

“Yah. What?”

“I said nothing.” she smiled sheepishly. “Oh btw, how was the meeting with Youngji earlier?”

I took a spoon of my fried rice and stuffed it into my mouth. “Don’t change the topic.”

Saeyeon looked on her lap, probably feeling guilty. After a long pause, I decided to speak up first. “It’s okay, Saeyeon. As long as you don’t badmouth me.”

She quickly snapped her head up and shook it rapidly. “I won’t ever do that! I swear!”

“Fine, then.” I smiled. “Well, he told me about this and that, all about how to hold an event. It was my first time to be a part of a meeting for an event like this so… yeah, I did enjoy it.”

“Why do you look unhappy, then?”

I chuckled bitterly. “Really?”

“Yeah. What happened?”

“Youngji said we would invite two boybands as guest stars for this event. He said it would be awesome if we invited them because he thought more people would come to our event.”

“And they are…?”

I stopped eating as I suddenly lost my appetite. “MBLAQ and…”

“And…?”

I gulped down my saliva, as if what I would say was something taboo. “B2ST.”

“HA! I KNEW IT!” her face brightened up. “Joon and Kikwang… oh my God! I can’t imagine it! Two y boys on the stage. Aww~ ABS PARTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYY!”

I palmed my face and covered it with my hands, embarrassed with her action. I don’t know abs could make her crazy like this. I looked around only to find people in the cafeteria staring at my crazy friend and me. Aish! Stupid Saeyeon!

“Have you told Kikwang about this?” she asked, still looked excited. Is she excited about seeing Joon’s abs or Yoseob’s face?

I shook my head while sipping on my coke. “Sunghee and Eunsoo are the ones who responsible with this.”

“Sunghee and Eunsoo? Who are they? I never heard their names before. Are they in our faculty?”

“Umm.” I finished my drink and burped. “They are gonna make the deals.”

“Why not you? You know B2ST’s members, even their manager, so I think the deal would be easier if you were in charge of that.”

“They don’t know I know B2ST’s members, duh. And I will never let them know about that.”

Saeyeon just mouthed ‘oooohh’ while nodding her head, making her hair swaying. I was about to tell her that Eunsoo was the one who came to us a few days ago, showed me the newspaper, and asked whether the girl who was kissing with Kikwang was me or not.

“Eonni.”

Oh my Gooooooooooodd! How I hate this voice.

I turned my head to the left and saw her standing by our table, smiling. She was holding her laptop with her left hand and a can of orange juice in her other hand. “Yeah?”

“May I ask you something related to our event?”

I nodded. “Take a seat, Eunsoo.”

She sat down next to me and I could tell that Saeyeon was a bit uneasy with that. Is something wrong?

She placed her laptop on the table and turned it on. My eyes widened as I saw her wallpaper, it was a picture of Kikwang.

T.O.P.L.E.S.S

His abs. His honey abs.

His piercing eyes.

His y plump lips.

“Eonni? You okay?” Eunsoo asked, moving her hand in front of my face.

“Eh? Ah, yes.” I snapped back to reality and laughed nervously. “So, what do you want to ask?”

“What concept do you think is the best for our event?” she clicked the ‘connect with wi-fi’ button on her laptop and start twitter-ing.

“I don’t have any idea right now.” I answered simply, still shocked because of her wallpaper. From the corner of my eyes, I saw her typing something… OH MY GOD SHE WAS TWEETING TO KIKWANG!

I only happened to see the words ‘handsome’, ‘y’, ‘oppa’ since I just read it for a second. I felt anger built up in my body for some odd reasons but I tried to calm down. “Do you always tweet to Kikwang?”

I saw Saeyeon tensed up hearing my question but thanks God she did nothing.

“Yeah. Many B2uties also do that. But he never replies us.” she clicked the ‘tweet’ button and smiled. I felt like something heavy was lifted up from my shoulders and I unknowingly smiled in relief. Seems like Saeyeon knew the reason since she also smiled at me.

“Oh eonni, do you have someone in mind that can make the deals with our guest stars easier?”

Saeyeon spat out the juice she was drinking after hearing Eunsoo’s question. She quickly apologized and excused herself to go to the bathroom.

“What’s wrong with her?” Eunsoo asked, eyes following Saeyeon’s track.

I just shrugged my shoulders off.

“Well, back to the topic. Do you?”

“Umm… no. Sorry.”

Eunsoo turned her laptop off and stood up. “It’s okay, eonni. Well, I gotta go now. See ya tomorrow.”

“Bye.” I waved my hand and faked a smile. When she wasn’t in sight anymore, I sighed in relief and placed my head on the table. I close my eyes and suddenly the image of Kikwang in topless mode popped out in my mind.

If only I could touch his abs…

I lifted my head from the table and shook it roughly, trying to gain my consciousness. Why am I so y today? Blame Kikwang for thiiiiiiiiiiiiiss!

I sighed and banged my head on the table twice. Heck. It didn’t help me to stop imagining about how it feels to touch Kikwang’s abs.

I felt the vibration in my jeans pocket and lazily fished my phone out. One new message.

 

From : Kiki <3

Have you eaten lunch? ^^

 

To : Kiki <3

Yeah. Wae?

 

From : Kiki <3

Nothing. Just wanted to ask. :) I’m doing photoshoot now.

 

To : Kiki <3

With a girl? Well, I guess she’s pretty.

 

From : Kiki <3

Nope. With my members. It’s so cold here. ><

 

To : Kiki <3

Wear something warm, duh. --“

 

From : Kiki <3

When the photographer is taking our photos, we are only allowed to wear tank top. Unfortunately, Dongwoon and I have to be topless. :(

 

My eyes bulged out in a snap. What the hell. Kikwang? Topless? Oh booooooooooooyy!

I decided not to reply his message anymore since I knew I would be fantasizing more if I continued texting with Kikwang. I put my phone back in my pocket and tapped my cheeks continuously.

Kikwang’s abs.

Kikwang’s lips.

OH MY ING GOD! I’M GOING CRAZY HERE!

I ran out from the cafeteria and went to my class only to be welcomed by girls talking out loud about Kikwang’s topless part in Soom mv.

Oh Lord!

 

====================

Owowowowowowwww~ Sorry if there is any grammar mistake here, I was in a rush when I wrote this. kkkk~ You know what, when I was writing this chapter, all I could think about was only Kikwang, Kikwang, Kikwang, and Kikwang, which in fact he's not my bias. lol xD

Okay. I think I should stop thinking about him. hhhh~ Don't forget to leave a comment after reading this, let me know what you guys think about this fanfic. :)

BYE YEOM! ^^