Confession of a Friend

Please

It was almost midnight when I got home from watching a movie with Dongwoon. I puffed my cheeks out and stretched my arms out before opening my front door. I turned all the lights in my house on and went straight to the kitchen to make my additional dinner. Hmm, I guess ramen is enough for tonight.

A week had passed and everything wasn’t the same anymore. Kikwang rarely texted or called me and he only came to my house once after the night he last slept here. From what I heard, his relationship with Jinhee was getting more real. He often accompanied her to her schedule and vice versa. B2uties often caught them all lovey-dovey and so on. Well, I can do nothing about that, right?

For me, I was getting closer with Dongwoon for God-knows-why. He always texted or called me whenever he had free time. We went to the amusement park together twice, him in disguise of course. He often helped me with my homework too! Hahaha… I admit that he is someone who really is easy to get along with. His sense of fashion and humor are just like me.

I turned my stove off as I heard my phone buzzing on the counter. A small smile suddenly crept onto my face as I looked at the caller ID.

“Yoboseyo.”

“Hey, Haerin. What are you doing now?”

“Making my dinner. I just got home, duh. Hahaha…” I placed the hot ramen on the bowl and blew on it. Smiling, I brought my bowl on the dinning table and sat down. Dongwoon and I had dinner at Italian restaurant earlier but I could tell that I was hungry again.

“Hyungs are out already and I’m left alone in this creepy apartment. I should have stayed at your house after dropping you off.”

I started eating my ramen but quickly fanned my mouth as I felt how hot it was. “Just come here, then.”

“Uh? Is it okay? It’s almost midnight.”

“It’s okay, Woonie. As long as you don’t bring those scary B2uties along.”

I heard him chuckling and I unknowingly smiled.

“Yeah. I’ll be there in twenty minutes.”

“Hmm. I’m waiting.”

The line went dead and I put my phone next to my bowl on the table. I quickly finished my meal and put the bowl in the sink. As if I was in a mission, I rushed to the bathroom and took a shower. I put on a tee and pajama pants then ran to my living room, couldn’t wait for Dongwoon. I turned the television on but I paid no attention to the drama that was playing there. To be honest, I don’t know why but I can tell you that I’m excited about the fact that he’s coming to my house again.

I heard the bell rang and I quickly made my way to the front door. I opened it only to find the smiling Dongwoon. He had changed his outfit into a t-shirt and black jeans but he still looked handsome as always. I saw him staring at my tee and I arched my eyebrows in return.

“Isn’t that Kikwang hyung’s tee?”

I take a look on the tee I was wearing and my eyes widened. “Omo! I must have pulled out the wrong tee. Yeah, this is Kikwang’s.”

He chuckled and it made me more embarrassed. Dammit! I should have checked my closet in case I accidentally put Kikwang’s stuffs there. Aigooooo~

“Oh.” I moved aside, making space so he could walk past me. “Come in.”

He entered my house and walked directly to the couch I sat on earlier. I took a seat next to him and we focused on the drama that was playing on the television.

The atmosphere was getting awkward so I decided to start a convo first. “Woonie~”

“Yes?”

I lifted my legs up from the floor and folded it on the couch. “Do you believe in love at the first sight?”

He turned his head to me and furrowed his eyebrows. “Why do you ask?”

“I just felt like asking that.”

“Well, I do.” I saw him slowly blushing and it increased my curiosity.

“Really?”

He nodded hesitantly. “Because when I first saw you, I knew I was gonna love you forever.”

I laughed right after he finished his sentence. I kept on laughing without thinking whether he really meant it or not. But after one minute or two of laughing and I didn’t hear him laughed along, I knew that he was being serious here. I stopped laughing and cleared my throat. “You’re not funny, Woonie.”

“I wasn’t being funny.”

My eyes met with his piercing ones and I felt my body froze. There was no hint of joke there. I quickly looked away and bit my lips, avoiding his intense gaze.

“I know you don’t love me. I won’t force you to love me.”

I looked down and played with my fingers. “Sorry. You know I--“

“Love Kikwang.” he chuckled bitterly. “Yeah. I know that.”

“Mianhae, Woonie.”

He smiled understandingly. “No. It’s okay.”

“Sorry.”

“Yah. Stop apologizing.” he ruffled my hair while laughing a bit. “When I am with you, I wish I could stop the time so I could spend forever with you and never have to leave your company.”

I looked up. “Woonie--“

“When I think of you, I don’t think of tomorrow, but forever.”

“Woon--“

Now it was his turn to look down. “I hope you won’t walk away from me after this.”

“Babo.” I flicked his forehead playfully, earning a curious look from him. “I won’t.”

“Please let me love you even though you know that I know you love someone else. I thank God everyday for letting me meet someone like you.”

I froze again. Seriously, I was speechless.

He smiled bitterly then looked at me with his sad eyes. “Let’s act as if nothing happened, yeah? Don’t worry, I’ll support you with Kikwang hyung. I’m happy as long as you’re happy.”

Without thinking more, I threw my arms over his neck, hugging him tightly. “Thank you, Woonie. Thank you. You have no idea how glad I am for having someone like you.”

He hugged me back and my long hair. “Anything for you.”

We stayed like that for a while. I really felt bad for Dongwoon but I could do nothing, no?

Thank you, Woonie. Thank you for loving me like this.

 

^^^^^

 

“What the hell!” Saeyeon shouted. We were sitting on my bed and I told her about Dongwoon’s confession two days ago. Yeah, she said she would be sleeping over at my house tonight.

“Yah. Yah. Calm down.” I rolled my eyes and was about to hit her with my pillow but she caught my wrist first.

“You rejected him?”

“He didn’t ask me out.”

“Aigooooooooooo~ If I were you, I would be the happiest person in the world! I mean… helloooooooo~ He is handsome, rich, kindhearted, and so on… and he loves me!”

“You know I love someone else.”

“Aaaaaaahh~ Yes.” she rolled her eyes and laid down. “You love that Babokwang.”

I joined her to lay down on my fluffy bed. “I feel bad for Woonie, though.”

“You’re heartless if you don’t.”

“I know right! Aish!”

She turned to the side to face me and poked my cheek. “Hey. Don’t you miss him?”

“Uh? Nugu?”

“Lee Kikwang, duh! Who else it could be?”

“Dongwoon?”

“Awwwwww~” she squealed. “Do you start falling for him?”

I flicked her forehead. “NO!”

“Dongwoon is a good choice, though.”

“HA! Go ask him out then!”

She smiled and laid flat on her back again. “No. I have Yoseob already.”

“What?” my eyes widened in surprise. “You… Yoseob… y-- you guys are… d-- dating?”

“NO! IT’S NOT LIKE THAT!” her cheeks grew red and it was cute. “W-- We are not d-- dating!”

“Why are you blushing? Hahaha…”

“I’m not!”

“Yes. You. Are.”

“Yah! I’m not blushing!”

I laughed like crazy seeing her like this. Seobbie, what have you done to her? Hahaha…

“Haerin-ah, how’s the progress for your event? Have you guys made the deal with the guest stars?”

I shrugged my shoulder and placed my arms underneath my head. “Molla. I’m not in charge of that, remember? I trust Sunghee and Eunsoo, I know they will do it right.”

“Aaahh~ Seriously. I still prefer you to be in charge of that.”

I just gave her a smile. Come to think about it, Saeyeon was right. It would be so much easier, no? I should have offered to be in that position.

“Oh! Have you heard about Kikwang stripped his t-shirts more often in the middle of performances?”

My thought was cut by Saeyeon’s shocking question. Why the hell did she ask me that?

“You better tell him to stop doing that. It drives B2uties crazy, you know. He shouldn’t have showed his abs often.”

“It’s his body. I don’t have any rights to stop him from doing that.”

“But you’re his best friend, duh. How if he catches a cold and not be able to perform next time?”

My mind started wandering around and I suddenly felt bad for Kikwang. I admit he has such a very nice body but I know how shy he is, so it must be a burdensome for him to often show his abs to public.

“Give him a call.” Saeyeon demanded.

“Huh? Why would I?”

“Yoseob told me Kikwang exercised and worked too hard lately. He skipped dinner and only took a rest for a few hours. I think you better cheer him up or something.”

“I don’t wanna do that.”

“Yah! How--“

“He has a girlfriend, you know! It’s her responsibility to take care of Kikwang.”

“Aigoooooo~” she hit me on the head with my pillow. “A babo is being stubborn here. Tsk.”

“Yah!”

“Kwon Haerin, listen to me. I don’t know what the ing hell is in your mind but let me tell ya. I know Kikwang needs you and I freaking know you miss him too. Don’t bottle up your feelings unless you want to be a forever coward.”

“I--“

“Call him.”

“It’s 10 PM, you crazy girl!”

“I’m sure he will pick it up once he knows it’s you.”

I just sighed and reached my hand out for my phone on the nightstand table. I punched Kikwang’s number and pressed the call button.

“The number you’re calling--“

“He’s not picking it up.” I said, cutting the line off right after I heard the operator answered. I felt a bit disappointed because of that. “Maybe he’s busy.”

“Wanna go to their apartment?”

I widened my eyes. “ARE YOU ING CRAZY? LOOK AT THE TIME, DUH!”

“So what? It’s not like you never came to their place at this time.”

The moment when Kikwang and I fought then he ended up piggybacking me in the end flashed in my mind. Aigoooo~ Why in a sudden I want to hug him? Aish!

“Ready?” Saeyeon nudged me, wriggling her eyebrows.

I got up from my bed and went to my closet. Without saying it, I knew Saeyeon found the answer already. I decided to just dress myself up in a soft pink hoodie and pair of jeans while she wore her shirt and shorts back.

We arrived at B2ST’s apartment at the same time with Yoseob’s arrival from God-knows-where. He looked surprised seeing me and Saeyeon in front of B2ST’s apartment at this time.

“Haerin? Saeyeon? What are you guys doing here?” he asked, raising his eyebrows. He walked closer to us and unlocked the door. “Come in, it’s cold here.”

The three of us entered the apartment and I could only shake my head once I saw how messy it was. I think Yoseob noticed this since he quickly kicked some things on the floor to the corners. Saeyeon and I sat on the couch and looked around the apartment.

“Make yourself comfortable.” he smiled and went to the kitchen. “Kikwang isn’t home yet.”

“Oh.” was all I could say. I couldn’t think of any other reactions since it seemed like my brain had stopped working. Wait! How did he know I came here because of Kikwang?

Yoseob came back to us, holding two cans of coke. He threw one to me which I caught perfectly with my left hand. “You wanna go to his room?”

“May I?” I opened the can and saw Yoseob handed the other can to Saeyeon nicely. Flirt!

He nodded his head cutely and I could tell Saeyeon was stunned after seeing it. She couldn’t take her eyes off of the cute boy beside her.

I got my off of the couch and walked directly to Kikwang’s room. I twisted the doorknob and peeked inside, it was pretty dark. I let my hand feel the wall and turned the lights on. I walked inside and was a bit amazed at how neat it was. I giggled remembering I always scolded him for making his room messy when we were kids.

I walked to his bed and sat down on the edge of it. My eyes accidentally caught a framed picture on his nightstand table and my hand unknowingly grabbed it. It was a picture of Kikwang and me making ‘saranghae’ sign with one of our arms above our head. That photo was taken about four years ago when Kikwang got a day off from his trainee time. We went to Lotte World at that time and fooled around like crazy.

I felt warm liquid started rolling down on my cheeks and dropped down on the picture as memories of us kept on playing in my mind. I didn’t bother to wipe it away, though.

“HAERIN-AH! HAERIN!” Yoseob rushed in to Kikwang’s room, panting. He held his phone in his left hand and from the look on his cute face, I knew something wrong was going on. “Kikwang’s fainted!”

I dropped the framed picture I was holding and I felt the world stop spinning.

“Doojoon hyung called me saying that Kikwang’s fainted in the middle of filming for his newest CF with him.”

I quickly gathered myself up and pulled Yoseob’s hand. “Take me to the hospital. NOW!”

 

^^^^^

 

“He’s just exhausted from his packed schedule.” the doctor said. Saeyeon, I, and the boys were all gathered in this hospital room to check on Kikwang. “Tell him to never forget to take a good rest after finishing his schedules.”

“Ne, doctor. I’ll always remind him to not tire himself up.” Doojoon replied in a serious tone. Being the leader isn’t easy, right?

“He can leave tomorrow. Just let him take a rest for now.” the doctor fixed his glasses and left the room with the nurses behind him.

“Aigooooo~ Dumbkwang really is a babo for not taking care of his own health.” Hyunseung commented after it was only B2ST’s members, Saeyeon, and I in this room. “He shouldn’t have worked too much.”

“Look at his muscles. They are getting bigger.” Yoseob added. “I wonder how many push up he has done. Poor Kwangie, he ended up in a hospital.”

“Don’t you think Jinhee noona has anything to do with this?” Dongwoon snapped up. “I think hyung spent his time more with her rather than for his schedule. I bet she also asked him to do this and that for her.”

“Yah. Dongwoon-ah, she is his girlfriend after all.” Junhyung argued.

Dongwoon smirked. “His fake girlfriend.”

“Eeeeyy~ Stop it already.” Doojoon put his hands on Junhyung and Dongwoon’s chests, pushing them away from each other. He then shifted his gaze to me. “Haerin-ah, do you mind if we leave you here to look after Kikwang? We haven’t finished our schedule--“

“Arasseo, oppa. It’s okay.” I smiled understandingly. “Go. I’ll take care of him tonight.”

“Thank you, Haerin-ah.” Doojoon hugged me and patted my head. “We owe you a lot.”

“No problem.”

B2ST’s members walked out from the hospital room, leaving Saeyeon, Kikwang, and me here. I looked at Saeyeon who was sitting on the couch in the corner, she was asleep. I approached her and woke her up, telling her that it was okay if she wanted to go home which she gladly agreed.

Trying to not make any sound, I placed a chair beside Kikwang’s hospital bed and sat down on it. I stared at his sleeping face and my heart skipped a bit. Smiling, I put my elbows on the bed and placed my chin on my palms. I studied his handsome features and my gaze stopped at his lips. “Kiki~”

He didn’t give any response.

“Lee Kikwang is a babo, you know that? The stupidest boy in this world for not taking care of his own health.” I giggled. “How many times have I told you not to work too much, huh? Now after you fainted, do you feel happy for making us worried? Are you satisfied for making me worried?”

“A week without you was a torture for me. A week without your calls or messages was boring. A week without seeing you was really hard. Now after I got the chance to meet you… you’re hospitalized. I hate you, Lee Kikwang. I hate you for always making me sad and worried.”

I folded my arms on the bed and buried my face there. I started sobbing and I bit my lip to burry any sound that wanted to come out. I cried and cried, letting all my emotions out.

Tired of crying, I was slowly being sleepy. Just when I was about to enter my dreamland after producing a river of tears, I felt someone my hair and heard that person said, “Mianhae, Haerin-ah.”

 

====================

Awww~ Mianhae mianhae mianhae mianhae mianhae! *Joker's "saranghae" in fiction tone* lol xD

Seriously, I feel bad for not updating for almost... a week, perhaps? Sorry, guys! I was soooooooooo busy. T^T And last week I realized that I lost 2 subscribers. >< Come on, leave some comments here. hhhh~ Let me know what you guys think about this newest chapter. I hope this chapter is not disappointing. :(

Bye, yeom! See ya asap~ ^^