Girlfriend

Please

Kikwang blinked.

Once.

Twice.

Thrice.

He burst out in laughter.

“What now, Kiki?” I asked in embarrassment.

“When did you meet him? Hahaha…”

“B2ST was at my university. Someone bumped at me in the hallway. I sorta cursed at Dongwoon. I finally met Dongwoon for the first time. Does it ring a bell in your head?”

Kikwang tilted his head and had his eyebrows connected. Why does he have to be sooooo slow in a situation like this? Ugh!

“Dongwoon was the one who bumped on to me earlier and I cursed at him!”

One second.

Five seconds.

“HUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” Kikwang laughed hard, earning a slap on his arm from me. “He met you in a weird way.”

“Aish. Shut the up, Lee Kikwang!” I pushed him far from my side but he kept on laughing.

“He must be shocked if I tell him about this. Hahaha…”

“You jerk.” I punched his arm and looked away, feeling so embarrassed. I cursed at the boy who wanted to meet me so bad in our first meeting.

Kikwang held his laughter and patted my head. “It’s okay, Haerin-ah. He won’t take it seriously.”

I bit my lower lip. “I hope so.”

“Soooooooo, what do you think about him?”

I placed my index finger on my chin, trying to look serious. “He’s tall, handsome--“

“You never call me handsome.” Kikwang cut me off. He pouted and lifted his legs from the floor then folded it on the couch. “Am I not handsome?”

“Not at all.” I simply answered, wanting to piss him off.

“Yah!” he cried. Man, this boy looks so cute when he’s like this.

“I said the truth, Kiki.” I held my laughter as I saw him sticking his lower lip more.

“I hate you, Kwon Haerin.”

“I love you, Lee Kikwang.”

He looked away, still pouting like a kid. Aigooooo~ How I want to just pinch his cheeks right now.

“Yah! Are you angry?” I asked, poking his back.

“Ani.”

“You look like one.”

“I don’t.”

“Aww~ Come on, Kiki. I was just kidding.” I chuckled. “You’re handsome.”

He slowly turned around and gave me his childish expression. “Really?”

I nodded and let out a giggle. “Lee Kikwang is handsome. Happy?”

He suddenly wrapped his muscular arms around my body and laughed a bit. “It’s enough for me even if it’s only you who says that I’m handsome. As long as you think I’m handsome, I don’t care what everybody says.”

I hugged him back and buried my face on his shoulder, a small smile crept on my face.

“Hey.” he called out, still hugging me.

“Hmm?”

Silence.

“Nothing. Let’s just stay like this for a while.”

“Weirdo.” I chuckled and tightened my hug. I admit that I always thirst for his hug. “My best friend is a weirdo.”

 

^^^^^

 

I splashed the water out at my face and stared at myself in the mirror. Why do I have these dark circles around my eyes? Is it because of always staying up at night lately?

I felt my eyelids getting heavier but I quickly shook my head, gaining my consciousness back. I have class in twenty minutes so there is no way I could fall asleep now.

After taking a quick shower, I put my casual clothes on and went to the kitchen to have breakfast. As I was about to take the last bite of my toast, I heard my phone ringing.

Mom’s calling.

“Hello?”

“Haerin-ah. How are you, sweetie?”

“I’m doing good here, mom.”

“Glad to hear that. Well, I’m calling you to say that I’m not gonna visit you this summer as usual because tomorrow I will fly to Hawaii and will be staying there for the next six months. I got a job there.”

“It’s okay, mom. I understand.”

“Aww~ Thank you, sweetie. Anyways, how’s Kikwang?”

I frowned. Why should Kikwang pop up in this conversation?

“I heard his group is becoming more popular now.”

“Yeah.”

“Well, you’re lucky to have him as your best friend.”

Really? I don’t think so, mom. I shook my head.

“Oh! I gotta go, sweetie! Stay safe and healthy, ne?”

“Umm. Arasseo, mom.”

“Bye.”

The line went dead and I put my phone back on the table. I slumped down on my seat. “If only I had a brother or sister, I wouldn’t be this lonely.”

I stuffed the last bite of my toast to my mouth and put my empty plate in the sink. I grabbed my bag and made my way to the university.

 

^^^^^

 

“I’m curious about his girlfriend!”

“Is it right?”

“Seriously?”

“Kikwang oppa has a girlfriend?”

“He just said that he has been admiring a girl ever since a long time ago.”

“She’s so lucky!”

“I remember he said that the girl still doesn’t know he likes her.”

“I bet I’m prettier than her.”

I heard whispers as I was walking alone in the hallway to the library. What the ing hell is happening? A rumor about Kikwang again?

“Excuse me, guys.” I tried to sound calm. I think I succeeded. “Were you talking about Kikwang from B2ST?”

The dark brown haired girl next to me nodded her head. “Yes. We were talking about the rumor that he has a girlfriend. Waeyo?”

. I almost choked. Where did this rumor come from?

“Nothing. Thanks.” I slightly bowed and left them. I continued my way to the library but suddenly someone grabbed my wrist.

It was Saeyeon.

“Have you heard about it?”

“Heard what?”

She handed me a magazine which had Kikwang’s smiling face printed on the cover. “Does Kikwang have a girlfriend?” was written under his face.

I chuckled and handed the magazine back to Saeyeon. “I knew her.”

“JINJJA?”

“He ever told me about him admiring a girl.”

Saeyeon’s eyes widened in excitement. Typical gossip girl. “Tell me! Tell me!”

“If I knew her name, I would have told you since the beginning, duh.”

She rolled her eyes and flicked my forehead. “You’re useless, Haerin-ah.”

“I don’t care.” I stuck my tongue out at her and ran away.

For you who are wondering about Saeyeon’s relationship with me and Kikwang, here is the answer. I first met Saeyeon when we were in junior high school, 2nd year. Ever since our first meeting, we’ve known that we were fated to be friends. I introduced her to Kikwang and the three of us befriended. She is the only one who knows that I’m Kikwang’s best friend. Saeyeon is my friend and Kikwang is my best friend, got it?

I leaned on the wall behind me and started texting Kikwang.

 

To : Kiki <3

You owe me an explanation about this girlfriend rumor.

 

====================

Two chapters in a row! HAHAHA! I wrote it in a rush so please forgive me if it has some grammatical error. >.>

DO LEAVE COMMENTS BECAUSE I LIKE IT SOOOOO MUCH! :D