I Don't Care

Please

“I don’t understand…” Kikwang slowly shook his head. “How—“

“Is that all you can say? I just told you about my heart and you just said that?”

“Seriously, Hyunrin.” Kikwang scoffed. “Did you know that you’ve hurt Dongwoon’s feeling? My dongsaeng’s feeling? Huh?”

“Are you angry at me?!” I snapped back. I could feel anger slowly grow inside me. “Are you?!”

“Don’t change the topic. How could you…” Kikwang trailed off.

“I’m the one at fault, hyung.” Dongwoon suddenly spoke up. He lifted his head up and looked at Kikwang. “I was the one who initiated this whole fake relationship. You shouldn’t have blamed Haerin.”

My jaws dropped. Dongwoon… didn’t… just… say… that…

It was actually right but I didn’t expect Dongwoon to just spill out the truth like that.

“Is it true?” Kikwang turned his head to me and looked straight into my eyes. “Is it true, Haerin?”

I looked down on my lap, playing with my fingers. “Yeah.”

Kikwang frustratingly rubbed his face with his hand and then let out a heavy sigh. “So it means you’ve been in love with me all along? Real love?”

I didn’t answer. Not because I didn’t know the answer but because I wasn’t sure with the answer I had.

Of course I got my eyes set on Kikwang since day one until now, but… there was Dongwoon, too.

“We actually shared mutual feelings but we just hide it from each other, no?” Kikwang let out an awkward laugh, making me feel bad.

Dongwoon was about to say something when a waitress brought our orders to our table. Doojoon cleared his throat and let that waitress do her work. After placing all the food on the table, she bowed and left.

Junhyung started putting his food on his plate and had his meal-time first, ignoring the tensed situation around him. Yoseob, seeing how Junhyung could care less about everything in the restaurant right now, followed what his hyung did.

“So, it’s clear now?” Hyunseung asked. He looked a bit sleepy but his voice didn’t tell so. “Or do you need any more information, Kikwang?”

“Yes. I have one big question, though.”

Everyone at the table, including Hyunseung, turned their heads to Kikwang.

“Why did you do that, Haerin? Why did you lie to me? Why didn’t you just tell me that you had feeling for me?”

Dongwoon creased his forehead. “That’s three question, hyung.”

Kikwang had his face straight. “Answer me, Haerin.”

“Because…” I bit my lower lip, not sure about this whole interrogation. “I was…”

“You were…?”

I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply. “Because I was, and I’m still, afraid that it would affect our friendship. You know… we are bestfriends, and if we upgrade our friendship to the boyfriend-girlfriend state and we somehow get into arguments and break up… I can’t stand losing you, Kiki.”

That was it. I felt like something heavy was being lifted up from my chest and I could breath properly now.

I sighed. “Besides, you are an idol. You can’t just go telling people you have an ordinary girl as your girlfriend.”

“Why can’t I? Dongwoon did and he’s okay.” Kikwang looked a bit tensed up.

Dongwoon’s face saddened. “Hyung—“

“Give me a good reason why I can’t.”

I shifted on my seat uneasily. I couldn’t think of anything; I never had an answer for that question.

“Don’t force him like that, Kikwang.” Doojoon advised. “At least she has told you the truth.”

Hyunseung nodded. He then realized that two of s were peacefully eating. “Aish! You two!”

Yoseob just grinned and resumed his lunch. Hyunseung was about to hit the younger boy when suddenly Kikwang stood up.

“I need some time alone with Haerin.” he grabbed my hand, making my heart jump. “Now if you please excuse us, Doojoon hyung.”

Doojoon just nodded and motioned us to go. Kikwang smiled at his leader and dragged me out of the restaurant.

“Kikwang, where—” before I could fully ask him, he opened his car and pushed me down on his passenger seat. He closed the passenger door and walked to the driver seat.

“Soooo…” Kikwang shifted in his seat to look at me. “You love me?”

I felt my cheeks turn red. “Do I need to say that again?”

“Ani.” Kikwang shook his head no. for God knows why, he looked happier now. The aura vibrating from him was different from the one he had while we were in the restaurant.

“You… Are you okay with everything?” I carefully asked. I didn’t want to see another raging Kikwang again. “About the fake relationship I had with Dongwoon? You look… happy.”

Kikwang just stared at me without saying anything. I gulped hard, afraid of what Kikwang would do next.

Out of nowhere, I felt myself being pulled closer to Kikwang and a pair of soft lips landed on mine. My eyes widened as my brain told me what was happening right now.

Kikwang was kissing me.

The boy I loved was kissing me.

Slowly, I closed my eyes, savoring the moment. My hands found their way to the back of Kikwang’s neck and I pulled him closer. The butterflies in my stomach had come to live again.

Finally, Kikwang was the first one to pull away, giving me chance to catch a breath. He put his forehead on mine, our nose touching. He still had his warm hands cupping my face.

Kikwang smirked. “Nothing matters to me right now beside the fact that you’re totally mine now.”

 

====================

...are you guys angry because I didn't update this story for a long time? T^T

MIANHAEEEEEEEEEEE~ Here is the newest chapter and I hope this satisfies you, my beloved readers. I'm so so so sorryyyyyyyyyyyyy if this chapter is too short or just too boring. Mianhae~ ><

Anw, I'm now writing a new stiry titled THE ONE starring FT Island and Infinite! If you guys are interested, you can check it out here >> http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/287228/the-one-ftisland-infinite-jaejin-korean-woohyun-exo-kai :D

E N J O Y ! ;D