Comeback Again

Please

“You… What… How…” I stammered. I nervously shifted my gaze to my dad and suddenly those old memories popped out in my mind. I still could remember the day when my dad hit my mother and said that he would marry another woman because my mom couldn’t give him enough money. I, who was still five at that moment, could only cry without doing anything. Dad heard my sobs and rushed to me in anger. He was about to hit me but mom blocked him from getting closer to me. He hit mom again and she fainted on the floor. He had that mischievous smirk on his face and kicked mom for the last time and went away. He never came back ever since.

“Long time no see, dear.” my dad greeted me. “You’re getting more beautiful.”

I took a step backward as I saw him stepped forward. “Don’t you ing dare to ‘dear’ me, you moron! GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!”

I said the truth, though. Mom bought this house for me right before she went to Japan and reached her dream.

“Ey, calm down.” he touched my arm but I quickly slapped it away. “Calm down, baby girl.”

“DON’T TOUCH ME!” I shouted. “I SAID, GET OUT OF MY HOUSE! NOW!”

He pretended to look hurt. “Is this how you address your dad?”

“I DON’T HAVE DAD. MY DAD IS FREAKIN’ DEAD.”

I heard footsteps coming from behind and suddenly the back of Kikwang’s head blocked my vision. He was standing right in front of me, as if protecting me. As my best friend, of course he already knew the whole story between me, my mom, and my dad.

“Kikwang?” Jinhee looked a bit surprised, I bet she didn’t expect him to interfere this. “I-- I didn’t know you were here.”

“Ahjusshi, I think Haerin’s voice is loud enough. She told you to get out from here, can’t you hear that?”

I tugged at the back of Kikwang’s cardigan, wanting him to just let me handle this problem alone. “Ki--“

“Aigooooo~ Kids these days.” my dad scoffed. “I just wanted to meet my daughter and talk with her. Am I wrong?”

“But she doesn’t want to.” Kikwang replied calmly. “So please, leave this house.”

“What if I don’t want to leave?”

“I’m asking you politely, ahjusshi.”

Out of the blue, my dad suddenly threw a punch on Kikwang’s face. He fell down on the floor and I could see blood on the corner of his lips. I saw him tensed up but he just closed his eyes, calming himself down.

“Kiki!” I yelped and was about to help him but my anger couldn’t stay still. I approached my dad and without second thought… I balled my fist and punched his face hard. My breaths became short and heavy as I controlled my emotion. “You ing bastard, GO AWAY!”

“You.” my dad pointed at me, his other hand touching his bleeding nose. “You--“

Jinhee grabbed his elbow. “Ahjusshi, we better go.”

“I’ll get my revenge soon.” my dad glared at me. “Just you wait.”

Jinhee and my dad left my house and I rushed to Kikwang. I knelt down beside him and saw a small purplish bruise on the corner of his lips. “Oh damn. You’re in a big trouble, Kiki. It left a bruise on your face.”

“I-- It’s okay.” Kikwang tried to not let out a whine as he spoke. “Thick make up will do.”

“How do you explain this to Doojoon oppa?” I started to worry. Doojoon must be so angry once he knows about this, right?

“I’ll say that I tripped over my own foot on the stairs.”

“Babo. He won’t believe it!”

“I’ll convince him.”

I rolled my eyes. “Nobody believes bruise on the corner of someone’s lips is caused by tripping over their feet on the stairs, Kiki.”

We both sighed.

“Haerin? Kikwang hyung? What are you guys doing out here?” Dongwoon’s voice cut my train of thought. I saw his eyes widened in shock as they landed on Kikwang’s face. “What happened with your face, hyung?! How could… you get… t-- that ugly bruise? Did you guys fight?”

“NO!” both Kikwang and I shouted.

“So…?”

“It’s a long story--“

“My dad punched him.” I cut Kikwang’s sentence. Better tell Dongwoon the truth, who knows he has something in mind to help us explain this to Doojoon, right?

“Let’s go inside first.” I pulled Kikwang up and the three of us entered my living room.

I tried my best not to cry when I told Dongwoon my past. His jaw dropped as I finished my story. He was really shocked, I could tell you. He then told me not to worry about how to explain to the leader because he would help Kikwang to lie.

I sighed.

Yeah, whatever the reason would be, I do hope Doojoon would buy it. Jebal.

 

^^^^^

 

I fastened my pace to the auditorium as I realized that it was past 2PM already. Youngji said he’d like to meet all the committees at 2PM to discuss about the progress of our event. And since my last class today ended late, I couldn’t be there on-time.

I opened the door and rushed in. Everyone was here already, includes Sunghee and Eunsoo.

“Oh! Finally Dongwoon oppa’s girlfriend is here!” Eunsoo said rather loudly.

.

“Sorry for coming late.” I bowed deeply.

Youngji smiled. “It’s okay. We haven’t started, though.”

I took an empty seat next to Sunghee and the meeting started. Eunsoo and Sunghee reported about the deal with our guest stars, I reported about the publicity for our event, and the others reported about their jobs.

“I think that’s all for today. See you guys in our next meeting.” Youngji said. He stood up and bowed politely. “I’m going first.”

Everyone started walking out from the auditorium, leaving me here with Eunsoo.

“Eonni~” she called out.

I fished my phone out from my backpack and unconsciously texted Kikwang, asking what he was doing now. “What?”

“Kikwang oppa’s birthday is coming, right? I heard he would hold a birthday party in his house. I also heard he invited famous people to his party.”

I felt my phone vibrated. One new message.

 

From : Kiki <3

I’m gonna meet Joon hyung and Mir. We’ve planned to hang out today. Wae?

 

To : Kiki <3

I’m bored here. ><

 

“Eonni, are you invited to his party?”

“No.” I lied. I would never tell anything related to my encounter with Kikwang to you, .

“How come?” her voice was full of disbelief.

 

From : Kiki <3

Wanna join us? I can fetch you up. They would be happy to see you.

 

“I don’t know. Maybe he thinks I’m not important.”

 

To : Kiki <3

Good idea! Ppali! I’m dying of boredom here.

 

“But you’re his best friend, eonni. Am I wrong?”

I hissed. This girl.

 

From : Kiki <3

Coming. Gonna be there less than ten minutes.

 

“I don’t know. I don’t care. Now if you don’t mind, I’m leaving. Bye.” I quickly went out from the auditorium, leaving Eunsoo alone there.

Right when I reached the front gate of my university, I saw Kikwang’s car stopped in front of me. I quickly got in and he continued driving.

“You saved me!” I dramatically sighed. “I was with Eunsoo earlier and she asked me about your birthday party. Ergh!”

Kikwang just chuckled and kept his eyes on the road.

The silence between us started suffocating me so I decided to open a convo up. I glanced at his face and realized that his ugly bruise could be barely seen. “Kiki~”

“Hmm?”

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry on my dad’s behalf.” I looked down on my lap and played with my fingers.

He reached his hand out and covered mine, eyes still glued on the busy road of Seoul. “It’s okay. You don’t have to apologize. Besides, we got another problem to think about.”

“Uh? What problem?”

Kikwang stepped on the brake as the traffic light turned red. “The relation between Jinhee and your dad.”

“Ah~ That.” I nodded.

“I’ve ever seen her dad and it wasn’t him. I also remember almost all of her family members’ faces since she often shows her family photos to me and I’m sure I’ve never seen your dad in one of the photos. Aish~ I still have no clue about how they could know each other.”

“Me either.” I replied simply. “According to what you said, she obviously has no blood-relation with my dad.”

“I think so.” Kikwang started driving again as the light had already turned green. He drove past a few blocks and I immediately frowned as Kikwang parked his car in front of a coffee shop. I would prefer to hang out in an ice cream shop rather than coffee shop in a sunny day like this.

“We’re just gonna pick Joon hyung and Mir. I know you like ice cream shop better.” Kikwang snapped as he took his safe belt off. He also took mine off as I was too stunned because of his words. Aww~ He knows me too well. “Gaja.”

We entered the coffee shop and found Joon and Mir taking photos with fans. I stopped walking and closed my eyes, then suddenly I felt nausea as a bad memory about me and B2uties flashed back before my eyes. To be honest, I still feel uneasy whenever I meet B2uties. I’m afraid they will attack me or something. It may sound silly, but that’s me. I’m an introvert indeed and a skeptical girl. Even after I saw my dad hit my mom, I became more skeptical.

But actually, Kikwang was right. B2uties aren’t scary. Some of them are, but most likely not. I myself witnessed it when the news about me and Dongwoon dating. I got letters from B2uties who didn’t like the idea of us dating but I also received some gifts from B2uties who supported us. Even this morning I got a box of candies from B2uties and they told me to share it with Dongwoon. Hahaha…

“It’s okay. Your best friend is here with you.” Kikwang’s words sent peace to my thumping heart. I took a deep breath and continued walking beside him.

“Kikwang hyung!” Mir shouted excitedly as he caught us walking towards his table. “Finally!”

The girls who were surrounding Joon and Mir looked at my direction and I saw some of them widened their eyes.

“Annyeong.” Kikwang waved his hand at the girls, making them squealed like crazy.

“Sorry, girls. But we gotta go now. See you later!” Joon gave them his signature smile and bowed. The four of us got in Kikwang’s car and he brought us to my favorite ice cream shop.

“I didn’t know you like this place too!” Mir beamed at me after Kikwang said that this was my favorite place.

“You like coming here too?” I asked while taking my safe belt off.

Mir nodded his head rapidly. “YES! They got the best chocomint ice cream everrrrrr~”

“You got a friend, maknae.” Joon patted Mir’s shoulder and all of us laughed.

We went inside and ordered what we wanted. I told Kikwang to order for me since he already knew my favorite flavor and I offered to look for a vacant table.

Within fifteen minutes, the boys already got their ice cream. Kikwang sat next to me, those MBLAQ’s members took the seats across me. My best friend took his gray coat off and Mir gasped.

“You guys matched your tees?”

I looked at Kikwang’s tee and realized that we were wearing the same tees. These were bought by Kikwang seven months ago when he was in Jeju Island with B2ST’s members.

“I didn’t know he was gonna wear that.” I stated. “I just randomly pulled it out from my closet.”

“Their brains are connected.” Joon commented, started digging in his ice cream.

We just laughed it off and continued to talk randomly.

“Hyung, I heard from Dongwoon you got hit by stranger two days ago.” Mir stuffed a spoon of his ice cream into his mouth. “How come?”

I choked on my ice cream as I heard that. . So, that was the reason Dongwoon gave?

“I don’t know. It just happened like that.” Kikwang let out a nervous laugh. “I don’t want to talk about it anymore. Better just forget that incident, right?”

“Agree!” Joon nodded his head. “Maybe that stranger was just jealous over you because you got a handsome face.”

Mir pouted. “But I’m more handsome than Kikwang hyung, why am I still safe?”

“Do you want to feel my punch?” Joon raised his fist as if he would hit the younger boy beside him.

“Owowoww~ Calm down, hyung.” Mir grabbed Joon’s fist and brought it down. “Calm down. I was just kidding.”

“I’m more handsome than you, duh.” Joon stated.

“Yah!” Kikwang burst out in laughter. “Stop this.”

We ended up arguing about who was the most handsome in Kpop world. Even after more than an hour, we still hadn’t decided the winner yet.

I secretly smiled, glancing at Kikwang.

Yes, I know it well that for me… Kikwang is and will always be the most handsome person in my life.

 

====================

For those who are wondering... no, Kikwang and Haerin aren't together yet. They're just being 'good' again. :p

Sorry for posting this chapter just now, I was busy preparing for school. kkkk~ And sorry if this chapter is disappointing. :( OH! before I forget, HAPPY IED MUBARAK 1432H for moslem people all over the world. ^^

Don't forget to gimme comments, ne? Bye, yeom! :D