It's You

Please

 

I tried to breath.

Soom in soom out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

SOOM IN SOOM OUT.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I felt something heavy on my chest and something weird blocked my throat. It felt like I was suffocated but I was physically okay.

A hand was placed on my left shoulder. Joon’s. “You okay?”

I straightened my sitting position and breathed in deeply. “You can say so.”

“But you don’t look like one.” Mir cut me off.

“I’m okay, Mir. I really am.”

Mir was being stubborn. “One doesn’t simply say okay after having heartbreak.”

I flashed him a small smile, trying to convince him. “I got no heartbreak.”

“Liar.”

“Mir, stop.” Joon said firmly. He sent death glares to the rapper and looked at me, giving me a brotherly look. “Mind to explain this?”

I smirked. “How can I explain this news when I myself do not know what’s happening here?”

Joon nodded and then pulled out his phone. He pressed some numbers and placed his phone on his ear. “I need to talk to him now… Yeah… No, only Mir and Haerin… Yeah… Hmm… No… Yeah… Okay. Thanks.”

“Who did you call, hyung?” Mir asked, stuffing a spoon of ice cream into his mouth.

“Mrs. Song.” Joon stood up and stretched his arms up in the air. “Now get your butts off of the couch and follow me. We will get this news straight. We’re meeting Dayeol-sshi.”

I grew curious. Hey! Who the hell is this Dayeol?

Mir and I looked at each other. Holding back our curiosity, we followed Joon who was walking out of the restaurant.

 

^^^^^

 

Doojoon’es eyes were about to jump from their pockets while Yoseob was stiffened on his seat. Both of them were in Doojoon’s car on the parking lot, getting ready to head to their next schedules, when suddenly Junhyung called the short boy, passing the shocking news.

Yoseob blinked. He looked lost. “Dongwoon broke up with Haerin… What do we do now, hyung? What do we do?”

“I’m thinking, shorty.” Doojoon answered without even looked at the younger boy.

“Joonkun hyung wouldn’t be so happy about this…” Yoseob shivered as the thought of an angry Joonkun appeared in his head.

“Screw that. For now, all that I’m worried about is Haerin.” Doojoon rubbed his temples. “This triangle love is getting more complicated.”

“Let’s just spill everything out to Kikwang.” Yoseob decided.

Doojoon glared at him, as if the main singer had spoken something taboo.

Yoseob innocently blinked. “What, hyung?”

“Are your brain not working properly now?”

“It’s working well.”

Doojoon slapped his own forehead. He had no idea how Yoseob could be so innocent like that.

“Seriously, hyung. Before this hurts more people, we better stop this, no?”

Doojoon looked at Yoseob for a few seconds before finally sighed. He himself was tired of this never ending drama. He knew what made Haerin didn’t want to just say that she had feelings for Kikwang and he couldn’t stand seeing s lying to each other.

“Call Han Café and tell them I booked the whole place to have this secret meeting. Call Kikwang, Dongwoon, and Haerin. We’re meeting up with them there.”

Yoseob nodded and did what the leader told him to do.

Doojoon started the engine and pulled out to the busy street of Seoul. “Hyunseung and Junhyung, too. They can’t be left out.”

After ten minutes ride, both Doojoon and Yoseob arrived at the café. They got out of the car and saw that Dongwoon and Haerin were already there.

“Kikwang is still on his way here. He just finished his schedule.” Yoseob explained before Doojoon could even ask.

“I hope I made the right decision.” Doojoon let out a nervous sigh and nodded to himself. “This is now or never, Yoon Doojoon. You’re the leader. You know what’s best for your members.”

Yoseob looked at Doojoon and a small, proud smile appeared on his face. He might not exactly know how Doojoon felt right now, but he could see how hard Doojoon always try to solve every problem related to s.

With a lot of things running in his head, Doojoon led the way to the cafe.

 

^^^^^

 

Hearing the ring on top of the entrance door clang, both Dongwoon and I looked up only to find Doojoon and Yoseob make their way to our table.

I was with Joon and Mir, forcing a reported named Kim Dayeol, who happened to be one of the reporters who came when Joonkun introduced me as Kikwang’s bestfriend, to say who told him about my break up with Dongwoon when I got a call from Yoseob.

“Hi, Haerin!” Yoseob greeted me first. “You look pretty today, sis.”

I looked at him, amused. “I look pretty every day. Thanks for just noticing it today, Seobbie.”

Dongwoon just cracked a small laugh and I felt a sharp pang in my heart seeing that. I didn’t know why but I sensed that Dongwoon was a bit distant. He came first to this café and we hadn’t said anything to each other until now.

Doojoon sat beside Dongwoon, across from me, and Yoseob was on my left side. Having an awkward situation, no one dared to speak.

Three minutes later, Junhyung came in, with Hyunseung following behind.

I creased my forehead. What is this all about? Why is everyone here? Oh no, not everyone.

“Yo!” Junhyung bumped his fist with Yoseob’s and sat next to the short boy. Hyunseung chose to sit next to Dongwoon and immediately placed his head on the table. Junhyung shook his head. “Don’t mind Hyunseung. He just woke up.”

Then he came in. Looking oh so handsome in a navy blue shirt and jeans, Kikwang headed to our table. I was having hard time breathing as he got closer to where we were sitting.

“Sorry for coming late.” Kikwang smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of his neck. He scanned the table and realized that the empty chair was placed next to me. Yet, he didn’t move.

Dongwoon lifted his head up to see Kikwang and I could barely read what was going in his mind through his eyes. Sure, I could see pain in Dongwoon’s eyes, but was anger also there too?

No one had any intention to talk until Doojoon nodded at me. “Sit next to Haerin, Kikwang.”

Kikwang looked unsure in the beginning but he eventually took a seat on my right side.

“Let’s just order our food first.” Doojoon raised his hand and a waitress came to him. She gave everyone a menu book and waited patiently for us to say what we wanted. After getting our order, she excused herself and the tense atmosphere could be felt again.

“I don’t want to waste more time so I’m just gonna start this.” Doojoon cleared his throat. “We’re here to talk about Haerin.”

Me? What about me? Why me?

I could see the shocked expression on Dongwoon’s face and I immediately felt bad for him.

So, we’re here to talk about my break up with Dongwoon?

“It’s about time, Haerin.” Doojoon looked straight at me. “Do you want me to speak on your behalf?”

Kikwang creased his forehead, totally clueless. “What are you talking about, hyung?”

“Haerin?” Doojoon demanded.

“Dongwoon and I…” I inhaled deeply. “Were just in a fake relationship.”

Hyunseung immediately lifted his head up and glared at me. Junhyung just played with his fingers. Yoseob looked down.

I stole a glance at Dongwoon only to find that he just closed his eyes shut. Doojoon had no expression.

“W—What… H—How… W—Why…” Kikwang stuttered and looked at each of his groupmates in disbelieve. He then turned to look at me with accusing gaze. “You were lying all this time?”

I looked down. “Yeah.”

“Why?!” Kikwang’s voice was a bit loud. “Why did you do that, Haerin-ah?”

“Because of you!” I snapped. I found it hard to breathe again but I had to tell him the truth now.

Kikwang was dumbfounded. “Me?”

With a shaking voice, I explained. “Yeah. You. It’s you. The boy I’m in love with is you. You’re the one I love.”