Coming Clean

MADE FOR EACH OTHER?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She slowly loosens her grip on the railing and takes a deep breath. As she closes her eyes, she filled her heart with the memories of Jiyong. She completely let go of the railings and welcomes death with a bitter smile. 

 

“SULLI!!!”

 

 Jiyong screamed from the top of his lungs, his heart beating wildly and his face full of terror as he grabbed on to Sulli’s right arm. The force of stopping her from falling from the roof top dislocated her arm from her shoulder. Sharp, shooting pain coming from her shoulder stops her from feeling numb. Her hands are as cold as ice and her face is pale from sheer terror. She can feel the force of the wind dragging her down.

 

Sulli looked up when she felt a hand grabbed her before she fell. She’s hanging dangerously from the edge of the rooftop with Jiyong’s hand as her only lifeline. She saw his eyes…his eyes that are filled with terror. She also saw how determined he is to save her. She, who ruined his life and happiness. For this moment in time, Sulli realized that she wants to live.

 

After what seems like forever, he was finally able to pull her up to safety. She wanted him to let go of her so that she can die but at the same time, she couldn’t torture him with the memory of her falling to her death. She didn’t want him to see her die right before his very eyes. In the end, she knows she’s a coward.

 

Her body began to tremble as soon as she’s safely back over the railing. She was so close to ending it all…to not feeling anymore pain and here she is, back with the reason why she wanted to end her life.

How can fate be so cruel? She thought as she watches Jiyong frantically call for help. As soon as he finished his call with the emergency operator, he turned to Sulli to confront her.

 

“What were you thinking?! Are you out of your mind?” Jiyong shouted as he raked his hand through his hair in anger and disbelief.

 

Sulli looked down on the floor and started to sob. She’s holding her right arm for support as severe pain from her dislocated shoulder is now making her weaker.

 

“Oppa, why did you have to save me?” Sulli asked as tears started falling down her cheeks.

 

Jiyong was taken aback as he watches her sob. There was a time where their roles were reversed, a time when Sulli was the one who saved him.

 

“Every life is worth saving. I should know...more than anyone else.” Jiyong answered, his face dark and his hands balled into a fist.

 

“You shouldn’t have saved me. I wanted to die! It’s too painful…” Sulli’s knees buckled and she slowly slid down on the floor. She looked away from him as tears kept falling from her eyes. She clutched her chest as she wallowed in sorrow and pain.

 

A bitter smile crept up on Jiyong’s lips. He lowered his gaze as he recalls what happened. A few minutes ago, his Mom made him realized how evil he was from plotting revenge against Dara. He couldn’t accept the fact that he tried to hurt her. He went to the rooftop to clear his head. He decided that he will come clean and tell Dara everything…that he didn’t expect to truly fall in love with her all over again.

And that’s when he saw Sulli went over the railings and loosened her grip. He knew what it meant. He ran as fast as he could and grabbed her hand to stop her.

 

Desperation, hopelessness and pain can make people do terrible things. He of all people should know since that’s what he felt twelve years ago. He also knows that trying to kill yourself isn’t going to solve anything. It will only make matters worse.

 

Jiyong sat next to her and pulled her closer to him. Sulli felt guilt and shame all over her. She knows that she ruined his life with Dara. With a guilty conscience, she decided to come clean.

 

“I-I told Dara everything. P-please forgive me, Oppa.” Sulli cried as she watches Jiyong’s face darkened. He needed to know who stole away his happiness. That it’s all her fault.

 

She’s waiting for him to curse her and spite her but he didn’t say a word. After awhile, she can feel his breathing became normal and he looked at her straight in her eyes.

 

“Sulli, you need to learn to love yourself before you can love someone else, only then will you be able to be truly happy.”

 

Sulli leaned her head on his chest and cried her heart out. She kept on saying how sorry she is.  She can hear his heartbeat as his chest moves in sync with her breathing. She smiled as this simple moment with him finally gave her some peace. Jiyong has always been good to her but all she ever gave him was heartache.

                                                                                                                       

I’m going to make things right, Oppa. I promise you. I will make you happy once again even if it will bring me a lot of pain. It’s the only way I know to repay your kindness. I will make things right for you and Dara. Sulli thought with determination.

As she looked at him and smiled as the sound of sirens echoed in the streets, everything became clear to her now. She realized that love has many definitions and one of them is being selfless. Love is giving up your happiness for the sake of his happiness.

 

 

After a few minutes, the paramedics finally reached them. Sulli was assessed and stabilized before she was whisked away on a stretcher. Jiyong refused any medical treatments and quietly sat on a chair after making sure that they will put Sulli on a suicide watch.

 

After the medics have gone, he finally collapsed. He cried and sobbed quietly on one corner of the rooftop, away from prying eyes. He tried to conceal his emotions earlier because of Sulli. He wanted to be strong for her like she did for him years ago.

 

Who the am I kidding? I am crying because I am ashamed of myself. It’s my entire fault. And now, I am going to lose Dara because of my own stupid actions. If only I was honest and brave enough to tell her before. This is all because of me. I deserved this. His heart feels like it is going to burst from the range of emotions that he’s feeling.

 

He staggered to get up from the concrete floor. He held on one of the chairs for balance. His hands are shaki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter