The Declaration

MADE FOR EACH OTHER?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara nervously reached for the door knob and opened the door to Sulli’s room. She saw her lying on the hospital bed, her brother Seung Hyun doting over her. She looks pale and her shoulder is still sore.

 

“Hello. Seung Hyun said you wanted to talk to me. How are you feeling?” Dara carefully placed a bouquet of flowers on a table while Seung Hyun wrapped his arms around her to give her a hug, thankful that she came.

 

“Thank you for coming, Dara.” Sulli smiled at her warmly and offered a seat next to her bed. “I want to tell you personally the grave things that I have done. I don’t expect you to forgive me but I want you to know how sorry I am.”

 

A few minutes later, Dara left and found solace in the hospital’s garden. She is sitting on a wooden garden bench under an oak tree surrounded by dainty looking flowers and shrubs. On the far right of the garden, the pond is full of orange hued fishes that are lazily swimming along.

 

She just finished talking to Sulli a few minutes ago after Seung Hyun sent her a message asking her to come. She and Sulli both cried their hearts out. She was surprised to learn so much about each other in a short amount of time. They’re still a little awkward with each other but the bitterness is gone. Her heart feels a little lighter knowing that their feud is finally over.

 

She still feels betrayed by Jiyong but the anger is gone. It’s hard to explain but seeing Jiyong through Sulli’s eyes helped her understand why Jiyong did what he did. It still doesn’t justify his actions but at least the anger and resentment is gone. Sulli made her realize that and she’s thankful for that. The last thing she wants is to be bitter for the rest of her life.

 

She watches a little girl wearing a hospital gown and a soft sweater gingerly picking some flowers. Behind her, she saw a familiar handsome man walking towards her direction. Dara stood up and approached Seung Hyun.

 

“Oppa.”

 

“Thank you for talking to my sister, Dara. It means a lot to her.”

 

“She helped me more than you could ever know. Finally, we can both move on.” Dara sat down once again on the bench and Seung Hyun followed suit.

 

“Sulli’s been in love with Jiyong ever since we were young. I didn’t realize that she never stopped liking him after all these years.” Seung Hyun calmly said although his expression is dark. It’s only been a few days since Sulli’s incident but he already looks older.

 

Dara reached for Seung Hyun’s hand and turned to face him. She was shocked to see him tearing up. He immediately turned his head away, avoiding Dara’s eyes.

 

“I wasn’t a good brother to her. I should’ve nipped it at the bud, you know. I should’ve stopped her delusions long before it got out of control but I didn’t want to be in her way. I thought that it will pass but I was wrong. It has been a very hard week for her. Funny thing is, even though she already gave up on Jiyong, she seems to be happy and contented. I would never imagine her reacting this way.”

 

“Oppa, nobody knew that it will come to this. Let’s just be thankful that she’s okay and that she’s doing well.” Dara softly said. Her attention was caught by a butterfly flitting in the garden. It’s gracefully moving up and down along with the soft breeze before finally resting on a pink lily next to them. She carefully leaned forward to try and reach for the butterfly but it flew away.

 

Seung Hyun chuckled at the sight of Dara pouting like a little kid just because the butterfly didn’t cooperate with her.

 

“You’re soo not Tinkerbell or an enchantress of the forest.” Seung Hyun .

 

Dara glared at him. “You’re no Peter Pan either. I bet if that butterfly can talk, it would’ve shrieked in terror if you reach for it.” Dara snapped back while laughing.

 

“You are like the butterfly and Jiyong is the flower. Oh God what am I even saying?” Seung Hyun rolled his eyes and chuckled.

 

Dara looked at him as if he’s crazy. “Are you on drugs?”

 

Seung Hyun poked her forehead with his index finger and chuckled.

 

“You, like the butterfly, have the power to be with Jiyong but chose not to just because someone tried to take you away from him. See? Just like the butterfly and the flower.”

 

Dara bitterly smiled as she continues to listen to Seung Hyun.

 

“Look at it. It’s confused. It’s just fleeting along the garden trying to find another flower when it doesn’t even need to look far. It doesn’t realize that the first one is where it really belongs.” Seung Hyun pointed at the butterfly still fleeting along the garden.

 

Dara watched the butterfly as it flew and rested on her hand. She gasped at the weird sensation. After a few seconds it flew away again.

 

“What did you say about me not being Tinkerbell or an enchantress?” Dara looked at him with a smile on her face, teasing him.

 

“What sorcery is this?!”  Seung Hyun stood up acting like he was surprised while laughing. Dara laughed as well. He sat back down next to Dara contented to see her smiling once again.

 

“I miss this…I miss how simple our lives were back then.” Seung Hyun said. He looked up at the sky just beyond the hospital and rests his arm on Dara’s shoulder.

 

“Me too.” Dara replied. Dara leaned on Seung Hyun’s shoulder as they watch the butterfly find another flower to rest upon.

………………………………………………………………………………

 

The sound of a knuckle hitting the jaw of Jiyong echoed in the living room. Bom screamed as blood trickled out of Jiyong’s mouth. 

 

“YAH!” Bom screamed as a loud smack on the head made Seungri fall on the hardwood floors of Bom’s living room.

 

“Noona?! What the hell?! Why did you hit me?!” Seungri complained as he nurse his throbbing head.

 

“You’re the dumbest ever! Why did you hit Jiyong’s face?  How can he show his sore mouth to Dara tomorrow?! He’s supposed to look handsome and irresistible for Dara. Didn’t I tell you to hit him anywhere but his face?” Bom hysterically nagged Seungri.

 

Seungri raised his hands up in defeat. “Okay. I’m sorry. I got carried away. My anger got the best of me because he broke his promise not to hurt Dara Noona.”

 

“It’s okay Bom. I did say that he can punch me.” Jiyong wiped the blood on his f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter