Teddy Bear and Rainbow

MADE FOR EACH OTHER?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the MV fiasco, Jiyong felt that it’s time for him to face reality.

 

He is still in love with Dara.

 

No matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t bring himself to hurt her. He can’t live like this anymore. He cannot wallow in pain and live a miserable life. He needs to man up and admit that he’s dumb. Why would he go on and continue with his plan of revenge? That’s just stupid. So, he finally decided to let go of the past and face his future with Dara. He loves Dara and he’s going to do everything to make her fall in love with him for real. No revenge but just pure love for her.

And if she rejects him for the second time, well, love. At least he tried and didn’t give up. He decided that he needs to let Seung Hyun know of his intentions and that whatever the end result is, he will still be his friend.

 

Jiyong sent a text to Seung Hyun and asked him if they can talk in the hotel bar.

 

“I know that you already have an idea of what I am about to say to you. I want to let you know that I am here for the long run.  Even though I know that there’s a big chance that she might reject me for the second time, I am willing to get hurt if it means that there is a chance of forever with her. May the best man win.” Jiyong held out his hand to Seung Hyun for a handshake.

 

“May the best man win.” Seung Hyun confidently said and shook Jiyong’s hand.

 

                                                                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Today is their last day in Jeju Island. Seung Hyun is leaving at night since he’s needed in Seoul.  Dara, Bom, Young Bae and Jiyong’s flight is tomorrow morning and the rest of the crew is finishing up with a few more shots of the island.

 

“Dara, I want to go to the Teddy Bear Museum since it’s our last day here and maybe if you’re up to it, we can also go to the town square and buy some souvenirs,” Bom excitedly said as she gets ready for the day.

 

“Sure. Let’s go after lunch, okay?” Dara cheerfully said.

 

“Neh!” Bom replied while giggling to herself and hiding her smile from Dara.

 

Little did Dara know that Bom and Jiyong have something up in their sleeves at the Teddy Bear Museum.

 

 

[TEDDY BEAR MUSEUM]

[JEJU ISLAND]

 

 

“Aaaccckkkk! Bommie look! It’s soooo cute.” Dara squealed in excitement as they walk inside the museum.

 

“Aww. It’s a teddy bear in a butterfly costume.” Bom said, pouting.

 

“I’m gonna buy this one Dara." Bom's eyes are full of malice. "I like this teddy bear with mohawk hair. It reminds me of someone I like.” Bom said with a smile while faking a French kiss with the toy bear.

 

“You’re crazy Bom you know that? Leave the poor bear alone. Hahaha.” Dara said while laughing and holding her stomach.

 

“Dara, I just need to go to the restroom so you go on ahead and just wait for me in the garden okay? They said the view over there is magnificent,” Bom said while giggling.

 

 

Dara happily went towards the garden area of the museum. A lot of tourists are in the garden area marveling at the view. She stopped on her tracks when she saw a teddy bear mascot standing under a magnificent rainbow arch made of hundreds of balloons. The arch is so pretty and colorful. The teddy bear mascot is just standing there fidgeting with big cue cards in his hands.

 

 

Woow! The rainbow arch is so beautiful, Teddy Bear Ahjussi, ” Dara said and started to step forward towards the mascot.

 

“Stop! Just stay there.” The mascot said to her.

 

“Your voice sounds familiar Ahjussi. Do I know you?” Dara asked while thinking of where she heard that voice before. It sounds irritatingly familiar.

 

 

 

The mascot held his large cue cards/poster for Dara to see. He has several in his hands. The crowd of tourists gathered around them. They’re all curious about this romantic rainbow arch of balloons and this teddy bear mascot with a bunch of giant cue cards. Dara started to read the words written in the first cue card.

.

.

.
I’M NERVOUS

 

He then put away the first cue card and showed her the next one, and the next one by one…

.

.

.

WHY YOU ASK?

.

.

.

BECAUSE I FAILED…

.

.

.

I FAILED TO FIND A WAY…

.

.

.

…TO LIVE MY LIFE WITHOUT YOU.

.

.

.

IF I MAY BE SO BOLD…

.

.

.

I JUST WANT TO SAY…

.

.

.

…THAT ALL I EVER WANTED IS YOU.

The crowd is starting to cheer for the teddy bear mascot. They are all shouting words of encouragements to him. The women are crying tears of joy.  The mascot continued to show Dara the next cue cards one by one.

 

SO WITH  A HOPEFUL HEART...

.

.

.

I WOULD LIKE TO ASK YOU...

.

.

.

DARA, WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO OUT ON A DATE WITH ME?

 

 

The teddy bear mascot slowly walked up to Dara. He gave her a huge bouquet of three dozen yellow roses. The crowd is starting to get bigger and bigger. They are cheering and anticipating for the big reveal.

 

The mascot slowly removed his bear head and Dara gasped when she saw who’s under the bear costume.

 

“Jiyong?!” Dara screamed. She is overwhelmed by a sudden surge of a powerful emotion that’s filling up her heart.

 

Oh my ing God, it’s really Jiyong. I think he just lost his mind. Is he really doing this for me? But…but… I thought he hated me. I thought he didn’t like me? Dara said to herself, confused with what is happening before her.

 

 

“Dara-ah," Jiyong scratches the back of his head, his gummy smile showing. "Will you go out on a date with me?” Jiyong asked her, his eyes overflowing with love and admiration as he stares deeply in her eyes.

 

 

The crowd erupted in cheers. Some are whistling. Some are spazzing with giddiness. They are all clapping.

 

Omo. Kwon Jiyong?! O my God, o my God! He’s killing me with his cute smile. Am I dreaming? Ottokae! I don’t know what to do! How can he be so romantic? He did all these for me? Dara thought, pulling on the hem of her skirt and biting her lower lip. 

 

She almost died when Jiyong started walking up to her, his eyes never leavin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter