Tokyo Tower and Cherry Blossoms

MADE FOR EACH OTHER?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After meeting with President Psy, Seungri, Jiyong and Bom spring into action. They started by finding out the schedules of Dara and Seung Hyun with the permission of President Psy.

 

Seungri has been on the telephone for over an hour with his Japanese underground acquaintances. Bom and Jiyong were awed when Seungri showed them the contact list in his cell phone.

 

“Damn, Seungri. You know all these people in your contact list? Are you an Ambassador or something?” Jiyong asked in bewilderment. He couldn’t believe he has more than two thousand contacts not to mention the ones in his so-called ‘black book’.

 

“Why I am not surprised!” Bom interjected. “He’s a loudmouth. Of course he knows a lot of people! Kekeke.” Bom teasingly poked Seungri’s forehead.

 

Seungri stopped scrolling through his contacts in search of one particular person and turned to face Bommie and Jiyong.

 

“You know guys, this ‘loudmouth’ that you’re talking about might just be the only person that can solve your problem. I have very powerful friends in Japan that can counter my sister’s plans. So sit tight, relax and let Seungri the Master Slayer work his magic.” He winked at them and started blabbering on the telephone again.

 

Meanwhile back at Dara’s condominium…

 

Chaerin is busy calling her friends to confirm that everything is ready for tonight.

 

“Yeah girl! You know me. This is going to be like a walk in a park. I’m Chaerin the Cupid Crusher…of course it’s gonna work! Just keep me posted tonight, okay?” Chaerin smiled with a grin. She cannot wait to see this mission done.

She already sent Seung Hyun an email outlining their schedule for tonight. The special night that she prepared for them is going to be so romantic, her sister will not be able to say no to Seung Hyun.

 

Back in Japan, Dara and Seung Hyun just pulled in front of the Lee Mansion. Dara’s Mom, Hye Jung, and step Dad, Lee Seon Woong better known as Tablo (Seungri and Chaerin’s Dad) lives in the ritzy and exclusive neighborhood of Azabu in Tokyo. The front of the driveway is paved with cobblestones, plants and flowering bushes lined the front entryway of the house. Their mansion is elegant, classic and grandiose.

 

It’s the first time for Seung Hyun to visit their home and he’s already sweating like there’s no tomorrow. He heard that Mr. Lee is worst than his son Seungri when it comes to intimidation. According to some of his colleagues in Japan, he’s very well connected with the government and Yakuza. A person who has great influence with the government and the Yakuza is powerful and scary indeed.

 

“Yeobo , Dara and Seung Hyun are here. Palli! Go to your position already!” Hye Jung ordered her husband Tablo while panicking.

 

Dara is already nervous for Seung Hyun. Her mom and stepdad are both crazy and well known for their pranks. They like to play tricks on Chaerin and Seungri’s dates whenever they invite them over for dinner. She’s already hyperventilating from nervousness for Seung Hyun.

 

“Oppa, whatever you do, just don’t take them seriously, okay?” Dara said before knocking at the door. They both looked at each other for encouragement and took a deep breath before the door opened revealing her Mom.

 

“Well hello! Come in! Come in. How’s my beautiful daughter Dara?” Hye Jung asked excitedly. She looked at her daughter from head to toe and gave her a very tight hug.

She turned towards Seung Hyun and gave him an admiring look.

 

“Omo! Is this Seung Hyun?! What the ?! Hahaha! You’re all grown up and very handsome! No wonder my daughter is head over heels in love with you! Kekeke.  Can I have a kiss? on the lips?”

Ottokae! Mrs. Lee is still the same potty mouth Mom that I know. He nervously thought.

 

Seung Hyun was taken aback from her request. Is she ing serious?  He doesn’t know what to say to such a bold request. He wants to turn down her offer but doesn’t know how to say it without sounding too arrogant.

 

Dara’s eyes are bulging from shock. She’s rendered speechless from her Mom’s vulgar words. It seems that she leveled up from her cursing.

 

“Omo! He’s actually thinking about it? I’m just messing with you! I’m just getting back at you for ignoring my lovesick daughter for years! How could you not like my beautiful daughter? Boo! you!… Hahaha! I’m just teasing. Kekeke.” Hye Jung joked with a tinge of a threat.

 

He’s not even a few steps inside the house and Dara’s Mom almost made him pee his pants already.

 

They were greeted by several maids that are all lined up in the hallway. They bowed down and secretly smiled to each other. They all know that this visit will be a living hell for the handsome visitor.

 

“Dara, take Seung Hyun to your Dad. He’s waiting for you in the library.” Her Mom said almost squealing with delight. Dara is almost afraid to take him there judging by the excitement on her Mom’s face. It seems that her step Dad has planned another surprise for Seung Hyun.

 

On their way to the study, they can’t help but notice that there are rifles, samurai swords and baseball bats strategically placed all over the house to scare Seung Hyun.

 

“Never mind those Seung Hyun Oppa, they’re probably just teasing you.” Dara said reassuringly.

 

He made a mental note not to say anything offending for he fears that he might not be able to survive this visit.

When they finally reached the study, Dara’s step Dad had his back turned away from them. He’s sitting on a dark leather tufted chair behind a gorgeous antique office table. The library is dark and the only source of light is the recessed lighting around the bookcases which stores hundreds of expensive and antique books.

 

“Dad.” Dara called out.

 

Tablo turned his swivel chair around to face the visitors.

 

Seung Hyun’s jaw dropped when he saw Tablo. He’s actually holding a disassembled gold plated handgun, hundreds of ammunitions surrounding him.

 

“Dara! “ He gave her a warm smile and a wink.

 

Dara already knows what that wink means. It means that Seung Hyun will be in for a roller coaster ride. The prank is on.

 

“And who is this young man that you brought with you?” He pointed the disassembled gun to Seung Hyun when he asked. He looked at him with interest while hiding a mischievous smile.

 

“I’m actually in the middle of cleaning my gun when you arrived. I seldom use it so I thought I better clean it because I might use it today. You’ll never know. Do you have a bulletproof vest on right now, Seung Hyun?”

 

Seung Hyun swallowed hard.

 

“Hahaha! I’m just teasing.” Tablo jokingly said. He stood up and went towards the two and touched Seung Hyun’s shoulder with a firm grip.

 

“Did you tell anyone you’re coming here? I don’t want anyone coming here to look for you.”

 

“Dad! Don’t! Can you please stop scaring him?” Dara apologetically looked at Seung Hyun’s already pale face. He’s hands are already cold from nervousness.

 

“He knows I’m just teasing, right Seung Hyun?” Tablo sternly asked him.

 

“Y-Yes, Sir.” Seung Hyun politely said.

 

“Yeobo! Dara! Seung Hyun! Come, the food’s almost ready!” Hye Jun called out.

 

They passed by the kitchen on their way to the garden where the food will be served. The smell of smoke wafted through the air.

 

“Are we having barbecue today? It smells so good!” Seung Hyun said to Hye Jung.

 

“No. “ Hye Jung’s smiling face turned to a hostile look.

 

“We are not having barbecue. We are actually having Baek-Sook (Chicken Ginger Soup) that I made from scratch.” She gave him a cold, judging look.

 

What the hell? So the smoke is not from barbecue but from the soup that she made? How can you even burn soup?! Seung Hyun thought. He gave her an apologetic look and made a mental note to stop by a pharmacy before going to meet the editor of the newsmagazine later today. He’s afraid that his stomach might not make it through the day.

 

They are all seated at the dining area in the lush garden. The Chicken Ginger Soup that Dara’s Mom carefully prepared doesn’t look like soup at all. It doesn’t even resemble food. It looks like a colony of fungus that sprouted on the bowl. The broth is all dried up and the noodle is lumpy and soggy. Black, charred pieces of chicken are poking out of the fungus-looking ‘stuff’.

 

It’s confirmed. Hye Jung is a terrible cook. No. Scratch that. Terrible is an understatement. Hye Jung is the worst cook he’s ever met!

 

“I know what you’re thinking?!” Hye Jung excitedly said to Seung Hyun as if reading his mind.

 

“I thought Dara how to cook. Everything I know, I shared to her. So if you marry her, you’re in luck because she learned from the best! Hahaha!” Hye Jung proudly said.

 

Gulp.

 

Seung Hyun laughed nervously. If he and Dara will get married, a chef is a must in their household.

 

“Yeobo. I’m actually full. So I think I’ll just have a fruit plate instead of that delicious food.” Tablo lovingly said to Hye Jung, while rubbing his stomach and acting full. The truth is, he doesn’t want to sleep in the bathroom tonight from diarrhea.

 

“You don’t saaay…” Dara teasingly said to her Dad.

 

“NO.” Hye Jung sternly answered. “We’re all having this wonderful soup.”

 

“Is this the reason why you’re fond of fruit plates?”Seung Hyun jokingly whispered to Dara.

 

“You have keen observations, Oppa.” Dara whispered to him, chuckling at his joke.

 

“I heard that!” Hye Jung warned them.

 

“Omo, look at the time! Mom, we actually have a meeting to attend to. We cannot afford to be late since we are the ones who need a favor with this newsmagazine editor.” Dara already stood up, not looking at the soup in front of her. She feels bad to leave this early but she thinks she won’t make it through the day if she eats that soup. She already had enough of her Mom’s cooking growing up in Korea.

 

“Editor? What’s his name?” Tablo asked.

 

“The editor’s a she, Dad. A certain Lee Hyori of POP! Magazine” Dara politely answered. She kept looking at Seung Hyun, checking to see if he’s still breathing because her Mom is currently force feeding him with the vile soup.

 

“Lee Hyori? She’s my favorite cousin! Tell me, what’s the problem?” Tablo crossed his arms and intently listened to everything Dara said. He smiles and nods from time to time.

 

“Daesung is D-Lite right? Is he the singer in the video where you were featured?”

 

Dara just nodded. She couldn’t look at her Dad for she is still not over her embarrassment from the kiss not when they freaking show it on TV all the time!

 

“Don’t worry Dara. Consider it done. I’ll give her a quick call and she won’t be bothering your colleague anymore.” Tablo  said to his stepdaughter while patting her head like a kid.

 

He excused himself for a few minutes to call his cousin, Lee Hyori. He came back with a smug smile and proudly announced that the problem is solved.

 

Dara and Seung Hyun stood up and did a 90 degrees bow to Tablo. He laughed at them and made them sit down telling them that it was nothing. He and his cousin Hyori, are very close so it wasn’t hard to convince her at all.

 

“I will do everything for Dara even if we’re not blood related.  What’s important is we all love each other. We may not be perfect and we may fight sometimes but at the end of the day, we’re still a family.” Tablo said to Seung Hyun.

 

When he and Dara’s Mom first got together, they were nervous as to how their children will bond. They’re already grown and in college but still, they felt that they might not like each other. To their surprise, the three bonded like they knew each other for a long time, like they are related by blood. He and Hye Jung couldn’t be more thankful for having children like them.

 

The only problem is, they love each other so much they became overprotective and do crazy stuff. Kinda like how he and his wife are whenever their children invite someone special over.

 

 

“Mom, Seung Hyun and I better go. It looks like he needs medical attention already.” Dara pleadingly said to her Mom.

 

 

Seung Hyun nodded in agreement. He couldn’t speak because his gagging from the chicken soup. One more spoonful and he’ll be dead before he gets to the hospital. Dara pounded on his back to get some of the pieces that are stuck. His eyes are already tearing up from the pungent tas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter