Cold and Bitter

MADE FOR EACH OTHER?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Dara, are you sure about this?” Hye Jung carefully watches her daughter pack the few clothes that she brought with her to Japan the night before.

 

Dara smiled weakly and nodded.

 

Hye Jung put her hand on Dara’s shoulder and kissed her daughter’s forehead. “You know that you can tell me anything, right?” She looked at her with worry.

 

Dara nodded without looking at her.

 

A few hours earlier, Jiyong and Bom went back to the airport to catch the last flight back to Korea. He didn’t want to leave without patching things up but Dara insisted that she needs time and space.

 

Dara has been showing a brave front, not wanting to be a burden anymore. But as her mother, Hye Jung knows that deep inside, Dara is devastated.

 

“Make sure that you give us a call once you’re back in Korea, neh?” Hye Jung hugs her daughter, afraid to let go.

 

“Don’t worry, Omma. I’m stronger than you think.” Dara hugged her back. She gave her mom a reassuring smile, not wanting to worry her anymore.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Kiko is lying on her bed when she suddenly received a message from the last person she ever expected.

 

Kwon Jiyong.

 

She quickly sat up on her bed and with trembling hands, she quickly opened the message.

 

The smile on her lips quickly vanished.

 

I am asking you to please meet up with Dara and tell the truth. Once and for all, end my suffering and clear this misunderstanding. What we had was all in the past. I am in love with Dara and no one can change that fact. I am sorry if I hurt you. Believe me, it wasn’t my intention. I hope we can still be friends.

 

Jiyong

 

Kiko wipes away the tears as she reads the message once again. Every word of rejection is piercing her heart.

 

Kiko shook her head in disbelief.

No. It can’t be. Jiyong is just confused. He did kiss me momentarily the night of the ball. He loves me. Kiko smiled as she remembers the tender moment that she shared with him.

 

She heaved a heavy sigh as she started typing a response.

 

Okay. I’ll meet with her.

 

Kiko

 

This is how much I love you, Jiyong. Kiko thought as she went back to bed and curled under her blanket.

 

She didn’t realize that she had already fallen asleep as she clutches her cell phone to her heart, with the wall paper that of  her picture with Jiyong in the ice skating rink of Central Park…the day he first said ‘I love you’ to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Bommie, where do you think should I meet with…Kiko?” Dara choked as she hesitated to say her name.

 

“You know what? I’m so glad you asked me about that because what I really want you to do is to meet up at the border of North and South Korea so you can just kick her over to the North.” Bom took a bite from her croissant while hoping that Dara will say yes.

 

“Bommie!” Dara chuckled as she chastised her best friend. “Please stop joking around.” She looks down as swirls her cup to cool down her espresso.

 

Bom swallowed the bread and looked her in the eyes. “Am I laughing?”

 

Dara shook her head. “Bommie~~”, she sweetly said as she took a sip of her drink and rested her chin on the table of the café.

 

“Ugh. I hate myself for letting them affect me so much.”

 

“I bet Jiyong is still sending you flowers everyday.” Bom wiggled her eyebrows and pinched Dara’s waist making the latter squirm.

 

“Can you please not?” Dara’s brows furrowed the moment Jiyong’s name was mentioned. She’s trying her best not to smile at Bom’s teasing.

 

“Oh stop it, Dara! I know you hate the guy but you gotta admit he’s romantic!” Bom playfully hits Dara’s arms and laughed.

 

“I hate him for hurting me.” Dara looked out of the coffee shop’s window and heaved a heavy sigh.

 

“Oh, Dara…” Bom pitied her best friend. She just looks so lost.

 

Dara forced a smile. She doesn’t want to spoil her day with depressing thoughts. Bom understood immediately and changed the topic.

 

 “This is so good.” Bom said as she forced the last piece of the croissant in .

 

“Seriously, Bom.” Dara chuckled. “You should stop putting big chunks of bread in your mouth. You might ch-…” Dara furrowed her brows as she was distracted by a group of girls outside.

 

All of a sudden, the café is in a commotion as a tall and handsome man entered. He waved at the group of girls outside and lazily sat on a secluded corner of the coffee shop. He’s wearing a white long sleeved shirt and a cap to cover his face. A swarm of fans were standing outside still trying to catch a glimpse of him.

 

Bom strained her neck while chewing the big piece of croissant to see what is going on. The man who just arrived waved at her. He acted surprised and is starting to walk towards their table.

 

The color on Bom’s face drained when she realized who she’s staring at right at this very moment.

 

Oh my God…It’s Lee ing Dong Wook!~~~ Bom screamed in her thoughts as she rapidly fans herself with her hand.

 

As soon as she gasped, the big piece of croissant instantly lodged in , choking her. She began dry heaving and coughing while trying to breathe. She immediately grabs Dara’s espresso to wash it away but it is still stuck.

 

“OhmmyGwad!” Bom mumbled in between choking and gasping for air. This could not be happening to me right now! Bom is already panicking as she tries to act like nothing is wrong.

 

Choking…Heimlich maneuver…Jiyong…  The memories flashed in Dara’s mind.

 

Dara froze in place as she realized what is going on. The memory of Jiyong giving her the Heimlich maneuver brought her into action. She immediately stood up and started hitting Bom’s back to dislodge the bread but it is still stuck.

 

As soon as he realized that Bom is choking, Lee Dong Wook rushed to Bom’s aid. He immediately positioned himself behind Bom and wrapped his arms just right under her belly.

 

Bom rolled her eyes towards the back of her head in ecstasy as she felt Dong Wook’s strong arms wrapped tightly around her.

 

“Bommie…” was all Dara could say as she watches her best friend suffering from choking while enjoying it at the same time.

 

With every that Dong Wook makes, Bom felt euphoria. If this is the guy that will render the first aid, she’d rather choke for all eternity.

 

After several s, the bread came out. Bom started coughing and was able to breathe once again.

 

“Bom, are you okay? Do you want me to take you to the hospital?” Dong Wook asked while rubbing her back.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter