Let the War Begin

MADE FOR EACH OTHER?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's the night before Dara and Seung Hyun leaves for Japan, and they're in President Psy's office to be briefed regarding Daesung’s problem with a newsmagazine editor.

 

During the meeting, they both found out that they were right all along. The editor wants to publish pictures of Daesung with his girlfriend, taken without his permission while on vacation.

 

“So Daesung-shi has a girlfriend? How did they found out about it?” Dara asked worriedly.

 

“They were followed, right?” Seung Hyun asked as if confirming his suspicions.

 

President Psy nodded.

 

Seung Hyun’s brows furrowed in anger. He knows how cutthroat this industry is. The photographers don’t respect the privacy of the artists in order to get a scoop. He has dealt with a lot of them in the past and knows how manipulative they are especially in situations where they have the upper hand.

 

“You’ll meet with Daesung and his girlfriend before you meet with the editor of the newsmagazine. As I said before, this shall remain confidential. Only the three of us knows the real reason why you’re going to Japan together. We cannot risk the chance of other news media finding out about this. If they do, we won’t have a better chance of changing the editor’s mind. Dara, you’ll say you’ll go on a vacation and Seung Hyun you can say you’re taking care of Daesung’s concert. Understood?” President Psy said. He couldn’t look at them. He feels guilty knowing that he’s meddling with their lives.

 

 “Don’t worry Sajangnim. We’ll work really hard to accomplish our goal. Daesung’s a good guy.  We’ll do everything to get this done. We promise you that.” Dara sincerely said.

 

They stood up and gathered their plane tickets and paperwork. They gave President Psy a warm, assuring smile and left. They know that this will be a hard fight but they’re not going to give up.

 

President Psy looked at the two walking away from him and whispered to himself, “Mianhe, Seung Hyun and Dara, my hands are tied. I’m sorry.”

 

 

[DARA’S CONDOMINIUM]

 

Chaerin is secretly rejoicing when she saw her sister packing her clothes. She knows she’s going to Japan.

 

“Going somewhere, Unnie?” Chaerin asked Dara.

 

“Yes. I ‘m just going to Japan for uhm… a quick vacation and some uhm…company matters. “Dara said awkwardly. She doesn’t want to lie, so she improvised a little bit.

 

Chaerin is ecstatic when she heard what her sister said. She quickly went in her room and excitedly called her friends in Japan to help her make this trip successful. She’s going to make sure that when they come back to Korea, Dara and Seung Hyun will be planning their wedding. Hah! Nobody messes with the Cupid Crusher, not even the freakin’ Master Slayer!

 

“Noona! Noona!” called Seungri. He just arrived from visiting his friends when he saw her packing.

 

“Noona! Where are you going?” Seungri asked while sitting on the sofa and watching Dara pack her luggage.

 

“Uhm, I’m going to Japan, Seungri-ah.”

 

“What?! Are you gonna go all by yourself?” Seungri asked suspiciously.

 

“Uhm…” Dara doesn’t know what to say.

 

He started to help her pack her belongings and waited for the right moment to ease in his suggestion.

 

“We can ask Jiyong to accompany you. He’s pretty capable of protecting you Noona, and he’s not bad looking either.” Seungri asked meaningfully.

 

“It’s just Japan, Seungri-ah. Don’t worry about Noona, okay.” Dara said to him with a smile.

 

Chaerin run towards Seungri to try to stop her brother from ruining her plans.

 

“Would you like to get some breakfast, Oppa? Let’s go!” Chaerin tries to drag her brother away so that he’ll stop poking around.

 

Seungri knows his twin sister is hiding something. They’re not twins for nothing. 

 

Hhmm. Japan. My twin sister doesn’t want me to pry about Dara Noona’s trip to Japan. Something’s up. She’s hiding something from me. Seungri thought.

 

“Okay Chaerin. Let’s go grab something to eat. Do you want something from the café, Noona?” Seungri asked Dara.

 

“I’m fine, thanks. Take care while I am gone okay?” Dara asked. She’s almost done packing her clothes and will be leaving in a few minutes for the airport.

 

“Oppa, I’ll just change my clothes.  I’ll be right there” Chaerin said while quickly running towards her room.

 

“That’s fine. Take your time.” Seungri answered.

 

Once Chaerin is gone, Seungri started contacting their close friends in Japan to see if there are some unusual activities coming from Chaerin.

 

After a few unsuccessful phone calls, he finally found a friend who knows something.

 

“Oh really, Noona? Tokyo Tower, huh? …this week? and the time? Okay. Got it! Arigato gozaimasu!”  He put the phone down once he’s done gathering information about his twin’s plan.

 

“Gotcha! Hahaha!” Seungri proudly gave himself a pat on the back. He needs the help of Sajangnim Psy so he’ll come pay him a visit to redeem his favor as soon as he gets rid of his sister in the café.

 

                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Bommie-ah! Where’s Dara?! They said she went on a vacation.” Jiyong asked Bom, panic apparent on his face. He got surprised when the florist, that came this morning to deliver 3 dozen yellow roses to Dara, informed him that the recipient will be gone for several days so she just left the flowers with her secretary.

 

“Jiyongie, she said she’ll go visit her Mom and step Dad in Japan for a couple of days.” Bommie tiredly answered him while yawning.

 

She didn’t sleep well last night thinking of Young Bae that’s why she’s very tired this morning. She feels that something’s changed with Young Bae. He feels distant this past few days but she just kept on shrugging it off, thinking it’s probably just work. But now, she feels that something’s really troubling him.

 

“Bommie-ah, did she mention anything to you about the other day? Anything about me?” Jiyong is looking down on Bommie’s desk. He doesn’t want her to see his face. He feels like he’s vulnerable to Bommie since she can easily read him.

 

She stopped sorting the latest pictures of Super Junior to look at Jiyong’s face. She then leaned back to her chair and motioned to Jiyong to seat on one of the chairs in front of her.

 

“Did you finally confess?” Bom asked, her attention is finally piqued.

 

“Y-yes.”

 

“So…what did she say?”

 

“Uhm, actually we were in a middle of a misunderstanding when it just came out from my mouth. I felt like I just had to let her know what I really feel.” Jiyong frustratingly raked his hair.

 

“Well, that was a dumb move. Do you expect her to feel happy when you confessed in a middle of an argument? Jiyong, you always confess at the wrong time, you know that?” Bom shook her head in disappointment.

“Wrong time?” Jiyong asked. He’s confused with what Bom said.

 

Bom panicked a little bit for she might have said too much to Jiyong without thinking.

 

“Never mind what I said. It’s all in the past. So what made you confess during that awful time?” Bom looked at Jiyong questioning his sanity.

 

 She knows Jiyong needs a lot of help. Dara is someone who puts the blame on herself even if she didn’t do anything wrong. If Jiyong said anything bad during their argument, there’s a big possibility that Dara is blaming herself for that.

 

“I saw her with Donghae. He was trying to kiss her and she was squeezing his . To her defense she squealed like she doesn’t want it but not loud enough to convince me. I barged in and said what was on my mind at that moment, when I was blinded by jealousy.” Jiyong can’t look at Bom’s face right now. He’s too embarrassed to admit how stupid he was yesterday.

 

“Pfft..Mmphh! I can’t hold it anymore! Bwahahaha!” Bom loudly burst in laughter while striking the table repeatedly with her hand from too much laughing. Her eyes are already watery from laughing too much.

 

Jiyong stood up with his hands balled in a fist. He wanted to leave when Bom started laughing but instead he started laughing too, his gummy smile showing. He sat down again and waited for Bom to stop laughing at his own expense.

 

“Okay, Jiyongie. Your temper is terrible. Put this in your head. The only competition you got is Seung Hyun Oppa and no one else. Donghae likes Dara but he’s just a friend to her. Got it?”

 

Jiyong nodded his head in understanding.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter