Heartbreaker

MADE FOR EACH OTHER?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara opened her eyes to an unfamiliar room. She paused for a moment trying to think about what happened last night.

 

Right. I run away last night.

 

She rubbed her sore eyes and slowly sat up on the bed. She took a deep breath as she tries to nurse a headache from crying for hours the minute Chaerin hugged her at the airport.

 

Japan. Dara muttered. She looked at the bedside table and saw her cell phone that she turned off last night before her flight. She never turned it back on and probably will never do for awhile.

 

“Omo!” Dara was surprised to see Chaerin asleep on the chair next to her bed. She sure is lucky to have Chaerin as a sister. Dara slowly got up from the bed and covered her with a blanket. Chaerin snuggled up in the warm blanket, still fast asleep.

 

Dara decided to go downstairs after washing up to greet her stepdad, Tablo. It’s been awhile since she last saw him. She passed by the kitchen and saw her Mom, Hye Jung, busy preparing breakfast.

 

Gulp.

 

It looks like it’s going to be just plain toast for her. As much as she loves her Mom, she doesn’t want to spend the rest of her day in the bathroom.

 

“Dara, welcome home my dear.” Tablo gave her a warm smile. They hugged each other and started walking in the garden.

 

“It’s so nice to have all of you kids back home.”

 

Dara paused. “Is Seungri back?”

 

He shook his head. “He called last night. He was so worried about you. He said he’s taking the earliest flight to Japan today.”

 

“He shouldn’t have. I didn’t want to burden him.”

 

“Your brother will do anything for you, Dara. It’s his happiness to be of help to his family.”

 

Dara worriedly looked at the koi pond. They’re now standing in the middle of the bridge in their garden. She can feel that her dad wants to know what happened.

 

“It’s Jiyong.” Dara broke the silence. Her dad earned the right to know. He has always been there for her even though he’s just her stepfather. He treated her like his own and loved her mom like no one else can.

 

“Please don’t tell Mom what I’m about to tell you. I don’t want to cause her anymore problems.” She put her elbows on the rail of the bridge and covered her face with her hands.

 

Tablo stood next to her and rested his hands on the rail, watching a fallen gingko leaf float. He sighed, feeling the heavy burden in his daughter’s heart.

 

“I’m afraid it’s too late for that. She already called Bom last night when you and Chaerin locked yourselves up in the room without telling her anything.”

 

Dara bit her lip.

 

“Don’t worry. I made her promise not to interfere.” Tablo patted Dara’s head and smiled.

 

Dara felt a little guilty for not telling her Mom what happened last night. She didn’t realized what her mom must have felt like. She made a mental note to herself to eat whatever her mom will prepare for her no matter what it tastes. It’s the least she could do to show how much she appreciates her.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Hyung. I’m sorry but I can’t help you anymore.” Seungri hurriedly packs his stuff in his luggage as he prepares to go back to Japan to check on Dara. He’s been worried sick about her since she came home crying last night.

 

He was hurt to know that Dara doesn’t trust him anymore. She didn’t want to tell him where she was going last night and he thinks it’s because he’s been helping Jiyong instead of protecting her.

 

Jiyong is pacing back and forth in the living room. He’s been up since last night looking for her all around Seoul. Finally, Bom called him to tell him that Dara went home to Japan last night.

 

“Seungri, I’m begging you. Please let me go with you.” Jiyong put his hand on the suitcase and shut it close to stop Seungri from what he was doing.

 

Seungri wrestled with him to try to pry open his luggage. “I’m still pissed that you ing let that Kiko kiss you. You should’ve shoved her or pushed her away the minute she tried to even move her face towards you. This is a big mess and I don’t even know if Noona will listen to me.” Seungri shook his head in disappointment as he grabbed the last item that he needs and stuffed it in his luggage.

 

Seungri looked at Jiyong and instantly regretted that decision. The poor guy is sulking on the floor looking so lost.

 

In the end, he wavered at the sight of his Hyung. I can't believe I'm doing this! He thought.

 

 “I tell you what. If you can convince Bom noona to go with us, I’ll let you meet with my Dad. He’s your best chance when it comes to convincing Dara noona to talk to you.”

 

“Thank you… Thank you!” Jiyong grabbed his car keys and darted outside towards his car to go to Bom.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

President PSY has been trying to avoid his niece, Bom since this morning. She’s been pestering him for information about his good friend Dong Wook.

 

He called his secretary in to have Bom physically removed in his office by Hwangssabu.

“Seriously Bommie, we can’t get anything done if you just stay in my office the whole day. Just leave me in peace.”

 

Bom pouted. “I just want his number Uncle.”

 

President PSY was about to give Bom another earful when Jiyong entered his office panting heavily.

 

His back is arched while he paused for a moment to catch his breath.

 

“Jiyong! What happened?” Bom stood up to get a glass of water for him.

 

“I need you to go with me to Japan.”

 

“Why?” Bom handed him the glass but Jiyong refused.

 

“We need to convince Dara’s Dad to talk to me. He’s my only chance.” Jiyong bowed to President PSY as he pleaded with Bom.

 

“Japan you say? Are you saying that Dara is in Japan right now?!” President PSY stopped what he was doing to look at Jiyong.

 

“Yes, Sajangnim. And I need to go there with Bom to talk to her Dad.”

 

“Are we signing her Dad to our company?” President PSY rubbed his chin thinking why the hell did  he not know about this.

 

“No! Hahaha!” Bom gently slapped President PSY’s arms.

 

“It’s personal Uncle. It’s between him and Dara.” She wiggled her eyebrows while smiling at Jiyong.

 

“Ah.” President PSY winked at Jiyong.

 

“So, are you coming? Seungri will only let me go if you’re coming with us.”

 

“Of course! Let’s go straight to the airport.”

 

President PSY paused to think about what just happened. Almost all of his executives are out of the country.

 

“Wait a minute! Who’s going to be left here?” President PSY muttered but Jiyong and Bom were already gone.

 

“Aisht! These kids!” He laughed and massaged his temples from the stress.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“You’re whaaat?!” Tablo whispered as he cautiously looks around to see if anybody can hear him. He just got a call from Seungri telling him to secretly meet with Jiyong and hear his story.

 

“I know…I know. But you need to hear him out Dad.” Seungri rolled his eyes as Tablo continues to lecture him. Why did he ever agree to this? He’s standing outside Narita International Airport with Jiyong and Bom in tow. He gave them a weak smile as he tries to convince his Dad.

 

“Son, if you value your life, you must stop this suicide mission. Hye Jung will kill us. And don’t even forget Chaerin!” Tablo whispered in a panic as he hid himself in his home office.

 

“Noona needs to know what really happened and knowing Dara noona, I’m afraid she will never recover from this.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter