Meet My Ex

MADE FOR EACH OTHER?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Dara!” Bom screamed at the top of her lungs as she waved her hands up in the air to get her attention. They’re on their way to the conference room for the MV Production meeting of Jaejoong’s music video. She needs to stay by Dara's side since something big is about to happen today.

 

Dara’s brows furrowed as she noticed Bom’s secret glances towards her.

 

“Is everything alright, Bommie?”

 

Bom gave a nervous laugh. All she knows is that today is the day that Kiko Mizuhara and Dara will finally meet.

 

Dara and Bom slowly entered the conference room and sat on their respective seats. Dara secretly scanned the room looking for Jiyong and quickly averted her eyes as she saw him looking at her.

 

Oh crap! I think he caught me looking at him! Dara thought as she tried to hide her face behind her hair. He definitely saw her looking at him since Jiyong sheepishly smiled at her. Bom chuckled and gave Jiyong the thumbs up sign.

 

Most of the staffers are already present when Jaejoong and Seunghyun entered. They sat across Dara and Bom while Jiyong is seated at the head of the table.

 

What the hell is he doing? Dara thought. She can sense him staring at her even though she's not looking since she can see the staff giggling with each other as they look at her and Jiyong. She immediately wanted to poke his eye with her pen when he started humming Akdong Musician's Give Love as he lovingly stares at her.

 

The room fell silent as everyone turned their heads towards the door. A tall and beautiful woman with a commanding presence and short hair just above her shoulders entered the room with Director John Lee. She looked straight at Jiyong for a moment and then turned her head and timidly smiled at everyone. John Lee pulled a chair for her next to Jaejoong. As she sat down, Kiko glanced towards Dara and was taken aback. She bitterly smiled at Jiyong and proceeded to chat with Jaejoong.

 

John Lee is standing in front of the conference room and clapped his hands to gather everyone’s attention.

 

“Everyone, I would like to introduce the lead actors of our MV, Mr. Kim Jaejoong and Ms. Kiko Mizuhara.” John Lee couldn’t contain his feels as the two stood up and bowed. The staff clapped and cheered as the chemistry between the two is undeniable.

 

“Omo! Ms. Sandara!” John Lee happily skipped towards Dara and grabbed her hand. He pulled her towards Seung Hyun and raised their hands together.

 

“Everyone!” He said as he tries to get their attention. Dara is hyperventilating as she stood hand in hand with Seung Hyun in front of everyone.

 

“It’s my favorite MV couple, Seung Hyun and Sandara! I miss you guys!” John Lee squealed with happiness. Jiyong frantically went in front to stand between Dara and Seung Hyun. Kiko bitterly chuckled as she watches her ex boyfriend make a fool of himself because of love.

 

“Oh… I remember you.” John Lee looked at Jiyong with menacing eyes. He will never forget Jiyong’s face. “You’re the one who interrupted the MV shooting last time. Remind me to ban you from this one, neh?”

 

Bom faked a cough as she tries to signal John Lee to stop talking. Jiyong darted an evil eye towards John Lee and Bom. These two are the ones who made his life miserable during Gummy’s I’m Sorry MV shooting where Dara and Seung Hyun were the lead stars.

 

Jiyong’s world seems to be crumbling by the minute as soon as he saw Kiko talking with Bom and Dara. He quickly went over to control the situation. The last thing he wants is for Dara to misinterpret his relationship with Kiko.

 

He introduced Kiko to them in a friendly manner, trying his best to sound disconnected.

 

“Hello. Pleasure to meet you.” Kiko bowed at Dara and Bom. Kiko looked at Dara from head to toe and offered her hand. This didn’t escape Dara’s observation. Something’s up since Jiyong looks like he’s been constipated for a week from nervousness. He’s sweating and his guilty gaze keeps shifting between her and Kiko.

 

“The pleasure is all mine.” Dara replied as she suspiciously notices how comfortable Kiko is with Jiyong.

 

“Jiyong, how come you didn’t tell me that there are so many pretty executives here at SMYG. No wonder you wanted to go back so much.” Kiko pinched Jiyong’s side as she teases him. Jiyong blushed when he caught Dara looking at him but it faded away as soon as he saw her annoyed face.

 

"Oh! You knew each other from before..." Dara's voice trailed as she watched Jiyong break a cold sweat.

 

Bom nervously faked a laugh as she tries to stabilize the situation.

 

“Welcome to SMYG Entertainment Ms. Mizuhara.”

 

“Oh,I would prefer you to call me just Kiko.” Kiko replied.

 

“Congratulations on the music video project with Mr. Kim Jaejoong.” Dara said as she suspiciously eyes Jiyong and Kiko.

 

He’s definitely guilty of something and it has something to do with Kiko. Dara thought.

 

Kiko longingly looked at Jiyong with a smile as Dara and Bom looked on.

 

“Mrs. Kwon asked me to do it that’s why I agreed aside from the fact that it’s Kim Jaejoong.” Kiko laughed heartily.

 

Jiyong slowly distanced himself from Kiko as the conversation slowly and painfully went on.

 

Dara is half listening and half thinking as she secretly watches Jiyong squirm away from Kiko.

 

What the hell is he doing? Dara thought.

 

She forced a smile as the conversation comes to an end. As Kiko walked away pulling Jiyong with her, Dara couldn’t help but feel a little pain in her heart.

 

“Did you know that Jiyong and Kiko used to be together?” Bom said as she tries to read Dara’s reaction.

 

“She’s Jiyong’s  whaat?!” Dara screamed as Bom laid down the truth in front of her.  Bom pulled her aside away from prying eyes.

 

“Dara! Keep it down.” Bom pleaded.

 

Dara composed herself and pretended that she doesn’t care. She nervously laughed as she tries to pretend that she wasn’t affected by Kiko’s presence at all.

 

“Yah!” Bom screamed at Dara. “I’m your best friend Dara. I’m not your enemy. You don’t have to pretend that you don’t feel anything at all.”

 

“Am I that obvious, Bommie?” Dara whispered to her best friend while consciously looking around to see if the staff heard her.

 

Bom nodded in confirmation. She pulled Dara closer to her as she began telling her what she should do at times like these. She wickedly smiled to herself as she realized that Jiyong’s got a chance after all.

 

………………………………………………………………………………………

 

As soon as Dara entered her office, she’s welcomed by the fresh scent of three dozen pink roses carefully placed on her table. She picked up the card that is neatly tucked in between the pink blossoms. She embraced the bouquet as she smells the opulent scent of the roses.

 

She carefully placed the flowers back on her table as she starts to read the handwritten note from Jiyong.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter