Double Date Trouble

MADE FOR EACH OTHER?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything is back to normal in the office although the incident that happened yesterday is the main gossip today. Some are speculating that the reason the twins are angry is because of the I Love You Music Video while some are saying it’s because of the budding romance between the new CEO and Ms. Park. Most of them are already secretly placing bets between Mr. Choi Seung Hyun and Mr. Kwon Jiyong.

 

“Ah. Finally! I can go home.” Dara said while stretching her arms up. She’s done with the day’s work and she needs to get ready for her double date tonight with Bom, Young Bae and Seung Hyun.

 

Knock knock.

 

She saw Seung Hyun peeked in behind her open door. He’s rubbing his nape nervously while looking up to her.

 

“Dara, don’t forget about our date tonight okay? I’ll pick you up around 6:00 PM.” Seung Hyun said.

 

“Neh Oppa. See you later.” Dara replied with a smile.

 

A date with Oppa. She almost gave up on the idea but after so many years, it will finally happen.  She feels torn though. She wanted to do this with Seung Hyun but ever since her romantic date with Jiyong, she can’t get him out of her mind. She’s starting to like him, or is it love?

 

She just shrugged the thought away. She’ll just go crazy if she thinks about it too much. Whatever happens, happens. So she’ll just go with the flow and worry about it when the time comes.

                -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Young Bae, let’s go out to a bar for a few drinks tonight. I just want to unwind and relax. I kind of feel stressed out a little from all the crazy things that happened yesterday.” Jiyong said while looking down at some paperwork he needs to review.

 

“Uhm, Jiyong about that…” Young Bae was cut off by Jiyong before he finished.

 

“Oh no, you don’t!” Jiyong suddenly looked at him with accusing eyes.

 

“You’re going out with Bommie again?! Oh come on! You’ve been stuck on the hips with her since returning from Jeju. We barely hang out anymore. I need you man. I need your advice on Dara.” Jiyong tearfully begged Young Bae.

 

“I’m sorry to break the news on you Jiyong, but it’s not going to be just Bommie and me tonight.”

 

“OH MY GOD! I don’t ing believe you! You’re going to have a ?! I didn’t know Bom is that adventurous!” Jiyong said with a doubtful face.

 

Young Bae shook his head in disagreement. He doesn’t want to be the one to burst his best friend’s bubble.

 

“I think you better sit down Jiyong and have a glass of water before we continue.”

 

Although puzzled, Jiyong followed his friend’s advice. He sat down and started to drink water.

 

 “Jiyong, Bommie and I are going out on a double date with Seung Hyun and Dara. I’m sorry.” Young Bae said apologetically.

 

The water that Jiyong is drinking flowed out from his open mouth from shock. He quickly stood up and wiped his lips and clothes with tissues. Double date? Bommie and his best friend? Seung Hyun and Dara? Jiyong thought to himself while trying to act nonchalant.

 

Jiyong laughed with a tinge of bitterness. He can’t blame Dara for going out with Seung Hyun since they’re not exclusively dating. Dara has every right to go out with Seung Hyun. He remembered what he said to Seung Hyun when they were in Jeju… “May the best man win.”

 

Jiyong pretended to Young Bae that he’s alright and that he is manly enough to accept the fact that Dara can go out with whoever she wants. She’s not his girlfriend after all. Dara is still single but he’s not planning to let her stay single. He’s determined to woo her until she reciprocates his feelings.

 

“So, what are your dinner plans?” Jiyong tried to sound innocent, a plan brewing in the back of his mind.

 

“Jiyong, I don’t feel comfortable sharing our dinner plans with you. I kinda feel like you’re planning to do something stupid.” Young Bae playfully said.

 

“What? Me?” Jiyong replied with puppy eyes, feigning innocence.

 

“Okay, okay. I’ll tell you. What’s the harm, right? First, we’re meeting at the theatre at 6:30 PM for a musical. Bommie made reservations at Le Cirque at 9:00 PM so that’s where we’re going to have dinner.  And then Dara requested that we go to a karaoke bar afterwards, so we’ll probably go there too.  So, that’s it.” Young Bae said. He creased his eyebrows when he saw what Jiyong is doing.

 

“Uhm, Jiyong. Why are you writing everything down?” Young Bae asked suspiciously.

 

Jiyong quickly hides his notes under his desk away from the prying eyes of Young Bae.

 

“Never mind me. It’s nothing. So, how about the twins? Are they going to join you?” Jiyong asked nervously.

 

“No, definitely not. I told Dara that I don’t want any trouble and she agreed with me. The Lee twins are actually going out with their college friends so they won’t be there.”

 

Jiyong breathe a sigh of relief. If he’s going to do what he’s planning to do, the Chaerin girl must not be there at all cost. She will definitely ruin his plans knowing that she’s rooting for Seung Hyun.

 

“Well, good luck man. Have a nice dinner okay. I actually have a business meeting with the Lotte World owner anyway so I guess I’ll just see you around.” Jiyong said to Young Bae.

 

“Why do I feel like you’re up to no good Jiyong”.

 

“Hahaha. You’re imagining things.” Jiyong quickly left before his best friend reads his mind.

 

                -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The musical was a success.  Siwon was the male lead and was very happy to see his superiors support him. Although he didn’t appreciate that Bom came with Young Bae, he’s still glad that she went and saw his musical.

 

They are now at Le Cirque Restaurant and were about to order when someone walking in the restaurant caught their attention.

 

Jiyong and Sulli.

 

Young Bae looked at Jiyong with disappointed eyes. It’s confirmed. His best friend has gone cuckoo. He knows that he intentionally did this and he knows why. Jiyong wants to crash their dinner date!

 

Unbelievable! Seung Hyun thought to himself while massaging his temples. This guy is just ASDFGHJKLASDG! Why do I feel like this is premeditated?

 

Oh my God, it’s Kwon Jiyong. Dara nervously tried to hide her irritation when she saw who he’s with. Is that…is that Sulli? What the hell? He’s really here with Sulli. Omo, they’re going this way. She fidgeted on her chair not knowing what to do. In the end, she just looked down. She doesn’t want to see them together right now.

 

Interesting! Bom thought when she saw Dara restless and Jiyong secretly looking at their table. I couldn’t believe he’ll actually do this. Jiyong is so desperate. Sulli, eh? I’m gonna make this a dinner to remember. Kekeke.

 

Jiyong is purposely guiding Sulli to walk towards the group’s table. He wants them to see the two of them in the hopes that maybe they’ll invite them over. When he’s almost near them, he acted surprised to see them.

 

“What a nice surprise!” Jiyong said, faking a shocked look on his face while covering his open mouth with his hand as if he was really surprised. “I didn’t know I’ll see you guys here.”

 

“Oh  really Jiyong? I could have sworn you have a sixth sense or something for ‘unknowingly’ running into us. What strange luck. Huh.” Young Bae sarcastically said to Jiyong.

 

Jiyong gave Young Bae his death stare.

 

“Omo! Jiyong! Sulli! Join us. Come sit over here.” Bom invited the two as if it won’t be awkward at all.

 

“Thank you Bommie. We’d love to.” Jiyong happily obliged.

 

Sulli put her arm around Jiyong’s arm and said, “Uhm, Oppa. I don’t think it’s a good idea. They are on a double date and we weren’t originally invited.” Sulli replied. She was hoping to have Jiyong all by herself.

 

“Don’t be silly Sulli! We’re not the Royal Family to refuse commoners to partake in our dinner. It’s okay. You can join us.” Dara said, waving her hand in the air, disenchanted with the scenario that’s unfolding in front of her eyes.

 

Bom laughed at Dara’s jealous comment and fake a cough when Dara noticed that she was laughing at her.        

 

“Come on! Jiyong and Sulli, we insist.” Bom sternly said. She won’t take no for an answer for this is too much fun for her.

 

Jiyong sat with the men and Sulli sat with the women.

 

“So, what brings you here Jiyong and Sulli?” Bom asked while crossing her arms around her chest. She can feel that Dara has been dying to ask the burning question.

 

“I had a business meeting with the Lotte World owner across the street. I brought Sulli along since I needed someone to help me with the paperwork that I needed to present. We finished late and we’re both hungry so I asked her if we can eat here since it’s nearby.” Jiyong sounded like he rehearsed this the whole afternoon.

 

“You don’t say.” Young Bae said in a teasing tone while he touches his chin as if he’s in deep thought. This made Jiyong very

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter