Tears and Rain

MADE FOR EACH OTHER?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong is slumped on the cold floor, oblivious to the curious stares of the employees. A few minutes ago, his life was perfect. But now, everything has changed. He’s staring at the wall, his face devoid of emotions. His mind keeps replaying the scene when his Mom slapped Dara and when he saw her collapse on Seung Hyun’s arms.

 

“Look at you! You’re a mess! Get up from the floor right this instant!” Mrs. Kwon ordered.

 

She was taken aback when Jiyong looked at her with eyes filled with rage.

 

“Omma, I want you to leave before I say something that I will regret for the rest of my life.”

 

Mrs. Kwon took a step back as she watched her son turn against her. She couldn’t believe how much agony her son is in and she blames Dara for all of it.

 

“You’ll thank me someday, Jiyong. You’ll see.” Mrs. Kwon gave her son one last look and started walking away.

 

“Oppa, I’ll take you home.” Sulli tried to help Jiyong but he refused.

 

“Leave me alone Sulli. I don’t need your ing help.”

 

“O-oppa. I’m sorry about what happened. You see, your Mom loves you too much that’s why she had to do it. Please understand.” Sulli’s in tears as she tries once again to help him. She puts her hand on Jiyong’s shoulder to calm him down but he roughly brushed her hand aside.

 

“Just leave me alone.” He leaned his head back on the wall and raked his hand through his hair.  He wants to see Dara. He wants to take her pain away in any way he could but he’s afraid of what she’ll say to him. He’s afraid to face the possibility that she might leave him.

 

“Jiyong!” Young Bae rushed to his best friend’s side as soon as he heard. He was in the middle of a meeting when Seungri sent him an urgent text message telling him to go and find Jiyong, that his friend needs him right now.

 

He abruptly stopped when he saw the current state his best friend is in. This is bad. He thought. He sighed as he walked towards his best friend.

 

“Jiyong, let’s go. I’ll take you home.”

 

Jiyong looked at him without saying anything. Young Bae extended his arm and pulled him up off of the floor in one swift motion. Young Bae just stayed silent. Sometimes, you don’t have to say anything to help a friend. Sometimes, all they need is your presence.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Dara opened her eyes to an empty white room. Her head feels like it’s going to break in half. She squints as the blinding light from the ceiling hits her eyes. She looked around the unfamiliar place as she tries to remember why she’s there. She can hear the buzzing sound of the humidifier near a window and the muffled voices outside the room. She sat up on her hospital bed and reached for the clock on a nightstand on her right. It’s four o’clock in the afternoon.

 

She clutched her chest as the first thought came to her mind.

 

Jiyong…

 

She knows why she’s here but she doesn’t want to recall what happened. It’s just too painful for her to bear. She her side and curled to a fetal position as she tries to suppress her memory but to no avail. She suddenly felt warm teardrops falling freely from her eyes.

 

She quickly pretended to be asleep when she heard Chaerin and the others enter the room.

 

Chaerin slowly walked towards Dara to check on her. She sighed as she watched her sleeping. She pulled the blanket up and tucked her Unnie in. Seungri silently watch Chaerin as she dotes on their beloved sister. Chaerin left Dara’s side and joined Bom, Seungri, Seung Hyun and Siwon to talk about what they’re going to do after Dara wakes up.

 

Dara opened her eyes after Chaerin left and stared blankly at the wall. She could hear Seung Hyun speaking in a hushed tone unaware that she’s already awake.

 

“As you all know, Dr. Yang concluded that Dara had a nervous breakdown earlier which caused her to lose consciousness. In the meantime, I suggest that she and Chaerin will stay with Bom in her house for a few days as a precaution. I’m afraid that Jiyong will try to visit her in her place and I don’t think that will help her recovery at all.” Seung Hyun said, his brows furrowed and anger is evident in his eyes.

 

“Good idea Oppa. If only I was there…I could’ve smacked the living daylights out of Mrs. Kwon. How dare she do this to my Dara? They were just teenagers back then!” Bom complained while Siwon rubs her back to try to soothe her anger.

 

“Bom, violence is not the solution. Don’t stoop down to Mrs. Kwon’s level. She may be rich and educated, but that doesn’t mean that she’s got manners.” Siwon interjected.

 

Dara silently shed a tear and cautiously wipes it away as she continues to pretend that she’s asleep.

 

“I was ready to kill that old hag if not for Unnie. What Jiyong did to himself after my sister rejected him was his own decision. She should blame her own son and not Unnie. I knew that Kwon Jiyong was trouble right from the start!” Chaerin said with disgust.

 

Seungri, who was silent the whole time, got up from the chair, his hands inside his pockets and joined the group. He stood silent since the incident because he was trying so hard to control his anger. He was afraid of himself and what he’s capable of. He was afraid that he will do something to Mrs. Kwon that he will regret forever.

 

He finally broke his silence and said, “Dara unnie isn’t the only victim here. Jiyong Hyung is too.”

 

“What the hell Oppa?! Who’s ing side are you on?” Chaerin angrily said as she shoves Seungri away.

 

Seungri didn’t flinch and just stared at her with sadness in his eyes.

 

Seung Hyun held Chaerin back to try to calm her down. She was shaking in anger.

 

Dara opened her eyes as she cries uncontrollably. As she secretly listens to Seungri, a wave of emotions overwhelms her heart. Seungri may look tough on the outside, but inside, he’s got a pure heart.

 

Seungri bitterly smiled as he tried to reason out with Chaerin who is still very much upset.

 

“He was young and what he did to himself was wrong. Jiyong Hyung loved Unnie so much he couldn’t bear to live his life without her. After all these years, he’s still in love with her and did everything that he could to make her love him back.”

 

Seungri was startled as he felt somebody behind him gave him a tight embrace. It was Dara.

 

“Unnie!”

“Dara!”

 

“…back from the depths of despair.” Dara jokingly said. She smiled weakly as she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter