Last Resort

MADE FOR EACH OTHER?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“DARA! JIYONG! What the hell is going on?!” Bom screamed, holding on to her umbrella and furiously watching the two making out in the pouring rain.

 

Jiyong is sitting on Bom’s sofa while Dara is sitting across him. Bom is standing in between them with her hands on her hips and in deep thought. She walked slowly towards Jiyong but stopped and went the other way.

 

“So, you guys are…?” Bom peeked at Jiyong and Dara.

 

“Yes…” Jiyong answered with a wide grin.

 

Bom once again walked around the room in deep thought. Dara and Jiyong followed her with their gaze.

 

“What about…?” She asked Jiyong.

 

“I’ll talk to my Mom. Don’t worry.” Jiyong gave Dara and Bom a reassuring smile. Dara bitterly smiled back.

 

“Very well, then. I just don’t want Dara to get hurt. I just felt that she needed some time to think about this but I guess I was wrong.” Bom quipped. She gave Dara a timid smile and a hug. “Oh, Dara. I hope you made the right decision.” Bom murmured to her before letting go.

 

I hope so too. Dara wanted to say to her but just kept it to herself. Her best friend has a lot of things to worry about already and she doesn’t want to burden her any longer.

 

“Okay. Let’s all go to bed then. Jiyong, you should stay the night. There’s a storm and I think you’re drunk.” Bom stood up and yawned. It’s been a very long day.

 

Dara stood up followed by Jiyong.

 

Oh my God! Finally! Dara and I will be alone. And since we just made up…we probably will have some mind blowing make up …Jiyong’s trail of thoughts started to drift to the y side.

 

“Wait a minute!” Bom turned around sharply and pointed her finger at him.

 

Jiyong was so shocked he automatically raised his hands in surrender as if he’s guilty of something.

 

“You’re staying in the west wing, Jiyong. Dara, you’re staying in your room. I don’t want any make up to happen under my watch. Chaerin will kill me!” Bom sternly said while shaking her head and looking at the guilty face of Jiyong.

 

“Aww.”Jiyong murmured in disappointment. Dara looked at him in disbelief trying to stop herself from giggling.

 

“Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. PSY sajangnim is not my uncle for nothing. I know what’s going through your mind, Kwon Jiyong.” Bom squints her eyes like a hawk.

 

Bom pulled Dara away from the ert and started walking away. Dara turned her head to give Jiyong one last look and secretly blew a kiss for him. Jiyong acted like he caught it and put his hands together on top of his head, forming a heart.

 

Jiyong turned to his side unable to sleep. He's too happy to fall asleep. He moved around the bed trying to find a comfortable position but to no avail. A wicked smile formed on his lips as he quietly went out his room. He tiptoed his way towards Dara's room making sure that the coast is clear. He took a deep breath before slowly opening her door. He cautiously walked up to Dara's bed trying to hold back his overwhelming feels.

 

"Pssst. Dara~~" Jiyong whispered. He looked behind making sure that no one saw him enter and tapped Dara's back to wake her up.

 

"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!" The woman whom he thought is Dara was actually Bom.

 

"AACCCKKKK!" Jiyong tumbled down the floor surprised to see Bom instead of Dara.

 

"I knew you were going to do this! You think you're smarter than me? I told Dara to go sleep in my room instead because I knew you would do this! Go back to your own room this instant!" Bom screamed between her gritted teeth.

 

Jiyong ran back to his room cold sweat dripping down his face. A near death experience with Bom rattled his nerves. He was about to go back to bed when he abruptly stopped as a fantastic idea came to him. If Bom is in Dara's room, then Dara is in Bom's room...alone. Oh thank you high heavens! He thought. 

 

He peeked behind his door making sure that Bom isn't guarding him outside his room. When he saw that the coast is clear, he tiptoed once again, this time to 'Bom's room' where Dara is sleeping. He quietly opened the door. The room is very dark but he could see Dara's outline on the bed. He giggled a little bit as the scent of Dara filled him. At last, victory! He thought. He climbed over the bed and lay next to Dara. He softly tapped her shoulder to wake her up. He was about to kiss her cheeks when the room is suddenly filled with bright, blinding lights.

 

Omo! What the hell is going on?! He thought. He slowly looked to the far corner of the room and he saw her...

 

To his horror, Bom is sitting on the chair, fuming with anger. Right after he was caught the first time, Bom went to her room  where Dara is,  knowing that he will once again attempt to go see Dara. She sat still on the chair in the dark room, patiently waiting to catch Jiyong. And lo and behold, the fool did come.

 

Jiyong fell backwards and stumbled down the bed. Dara sat up on the bed and yawned, awakened by the commotion.

 

"KWON JIYOOOONG!!!" Bom screamed, her eyes burning wth fury. Jiyong run as fast as he could back to his room and locked the door behind him. He jumped back to his bed, pulled the covers up to his neck and started praying for his dear life. 

 

The next morning, Dara woke up early to get ready for work. She decided that she needs to show up today and face her problems head on. She checked herself in the mirror one last time and practiced her smile. She’s going to have to convince everyone especially Jiyong that she’s fine.

 

She slowly descended on the grand staircase of Bom’s house and went to the dining room. With a cheerful smile, she opened the door expecting to see Bom and Jiyong. Her smile left her soft pink lips when she saw Seung Hyun talking to Bom and very much upset. His jaw line clenched and his brows furrowed. They both stopped talking when they saw her.

 

“Good morning Dara.” Bom animatedly walked up to her and pulled her towards an empty chair.

 

“Morning Dara.” Seung Hyun timidly said, avoiding her gaze. She felt uncomfortable right away. She knows something’s wrong.

 

Seung Hyun pulled out a dining chair for Bom and sat next to her. He put his left hand in his pocket and the other on the table holding his phone.

 

“Can you send someone to get Jiyong?” He asked Bom, his face devoid of emotions.

 

“Well…Actually…You see…” Bom said as if her is on fire. She’s afraid to tell him that Jiyong is in fact upstairs and asleep.

Bom looked at Dara in a pitiful way as if asking to be rescued. She inhaled and exhaled deeply before addressing Seung Hyun.

 

“He’s upstairs.” Dara softly said as if the violent reaction of Seung Hyun will be diminished if she talks softly.

 

“I’m sorry, WHAT?!” Seung Hyun replied in an angry tone.

 

Omo! He’s definitely angry. She thought.

 

“He slept alone in another room! Dara was with me the whole time! I swear!” Bom quipped, her eyes closed and her hands clutched together as if asking for forgiveness.

 

“Dara…” Seung Hyun didn’t finish what he was about to say and simply looked out the window. He took a deep breath and looked at her eyes.

 

“A-are you back together?” He asked, his voice cracked and his face visibly hurt.

 

Dara simply nodded. She averted her gaze when he looked at her.

 

“I see.” He simply replied, his jaw tightened as he suppresed the overwhelming jealousy that filled his heart.

 

Jiyong was just outside the door of dining room listening. Even though he couldn’t see them, he can feel the tension in the room.

With a smile, he opened the door and braces himself for the wrath of Seung Hyun.

 

“Good morning! Ah…Seung Hyun you’re here!” Jiyong cheerfully said. He walked towards Dara and gave her a quick kiss on her cheek. Seung Hyun looked away while Bom gave Jiyong the evil eye.

 

Jiyong sat down next to Dara and held her hand under the table. He wouldn’t dare agitate Seung Hyun even more.

 

“I don’t want to be the bearer of bad news but we have a serious problem with your Mom, Jiyong.” Seung Hyun took a folded white paper out of his briefcase and gave it to Jiyong.

 

Jiyong started reading the paper and his expression changed from serious to furious. He balled his hands into a fist and stared at Seung Hyun.

 

“I’m afraid we’re b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter