His Tragic Past

MADE FOR EACH OTHER?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been three weeks since Kim Jaejoong started working on a new single with Epik High. Jiyong and Teddy have been working until the wee hours of the morning to make sure that the collaboration becomes a huge success.

 

Dara just finished talking to Jiyong on the phone. She’s already in bed when he called to say that he won’t make it to her place tonight. Apparently, Sulli misplaced the folder where the revisions of the lyrics were written. She had to stay with them in the studio a little longer to iron out the problem.

 

That didn’t sit well with Dara. She’s got a feeling that she didn’t ‘mistakenly’ lose it.

 

Unable to sleep, she quickly dialed Bom’s number to vent out her frustrations.

 

“Dara? What’s up?”

 

“Are you busy Bom? I just want to talk to you.”

 

“Okay. Is everything alright?” Bom carefully stood up from her bed and stepped outside in her balcony. It’s a warm night and she didn’t bother to put a robe on over her pajamas. She saw a white sports car parked outside and felt creeped out, as if someone’s watching her so she decided to go back in.

 

Dara sighed and started telling Bom about her predicament with Sulli. It seems like she’s getting bolder and bolder these days. She used to be a little discreet in trying to seduce Jiyong but now she’s acting differently…like she’s got something up her sleeves.

 

Bom nodded in agreement as she recalls what happened the other day between Dara, Jiyong and Sulli. Sulli blatantly asked Jiyong if he could take her home because she feels sick even though Dara is right in front of them. Of course, being Dara’s best friend, she couldn’t just let Sulli hurt Dara that way so she suggested that she’ll just take Sulli home.

 

“Dara, I don’t want to make you more miserable but I think Sulli’s planning something that’s why she doesn’t care anymore whether everybody will hate her. I can feel it. The is up to something.

If I didn’t know Sulli’s parents, I would think that she’s been brought up by Satan. Damn, that woman is evil. ” Bom cautiously said.

 

“You know what, Bom? I think you’re right. Every night that Jiyong and Sulli are together working on the new project, I feel like he’s in danger of falling into Sulli’s traps. I trust Jiyong with all my heart but I’m afraid of Sulli and what she’s capable of.” Dara tried to hold back her tears as a wave of emotion enveloped her whole being. She wants to cry because she feels left out. She feels like she couldn’t support Jiyong the way Sulli supports him with his work.

 

“Dara, I know you’re trying to hold back your tears but don’t. I’m your best friend, remember? You can cry to me anytime. You don’t have to hold it back.”

 

“Thanks, Bommie. I want to cry out loud whenever I see her with him working in the studio…whenever they can talk about the developments of the project for hours…whenever he calls me at night to tell me that he won’t be able to make it to dinner or even just a simple visit because he’s busy working with the project, knowing that Sulli is there with him…when he calls me to tell me about how wonderful Sulli’s ideas are and how she amazes him with her musicality while here I am waiting for him, unable to do anything. It’s almost a month of pure misery Bom.” She wipes her tears away, her heart aching as she recalls all the instances where Jiyong had to call her to cancel their dates.

 

“Dara, they call that jealousy. You love him. Jealousy and Love goes hand in hand. If you don’t get jealous, then you don’t love him enough to care if he gets taken away by someone else.”

 

“Did Jiyong cancel on you again?”

 

“Y-yes.” Dara softly replied, not wanting to start crying again.

 

Bom sighed as she heard Dara’s muffled cries over the phone. She feels sorry for her but she knows that this is the first time that Dara is in a serious relationship and she’s not used to the fact that couples can’t spend all their time together.

 

“Why don’t you go to the studio and wait for him? Buy some ginger soup and bring it to him. It doesn’t matter whether he eats it or not as long as you get to spend some time with him even if you’re just sitting there next to Jiyong. The point is, if he can’t make some time for you, pave a way. Make some time for him.”

 

“You know what, Bom. You’re right. I’m gonna go to the studio and sit there with him. I don’t care if they tease me as long as I get to spend some time with him. I miss him so much.”

 

“That’s my girl! Make sure you wear something y, okay? That’ll teach Jiyong not to ignore the Goddess!”

 

“Bommie! Hahaha! I’ll definitely do that. I’ll teach him a lesson. I’ll wear something y. LOL.”

 

As soon as Dara ended the call, Bom went back to bed to join Siwon who was patiently waiting for her.

 

“Is Dara okay?” Siwon asked as he pulled her closer to him in a tight embrace.

 

“I hope so…I hope so.” Bom worriedly stared at the ceiling contemplating on whether they should go on with their plan on telling her tomorrow that she and Siwon are in a relationship. She looks at Siwon’s handsome face, staring intently at her. With his deep voice, he told her he loves her as Bom kisses him deeply.

 

 

Dara excitedly knocked on the studio door as she held on the bag of ginger chicken soup with her other hand. She’s smiling as she imagines how surprised Jiyong is going to be when he sees her there.

 

After what seems like forever, the studio door opens up to reveal Kim Jaejoong. Dara was taken aback as he gave her warm yet timid smile.

 

“Ms. Park. Come in. What are you doing here at this hour?” Jaejoong eyed the bag of soup as the delicious smell wafted inside.

 

Dara looked around inside the studio looking for Jiyong but he’s not there. Her chest seems like it’s going to explode when she couldn’t find Sulli either

“Looking for Jiyong?” Teddy asked. He stepped out of the booth as soon as he saw the bowls of his favorite soup being laid out on a table by Dara.

 

“Neh, Oppa. He said he’ll be working late so I decided to bring some food over for you guys.” Dara couldn’t hide the disappointment in her voice. Teddy and Jaejoong looked at each other uncomfortably. No one wants to be the one to tell her the news that Jiyong took Sulli home since they already found the folder that they were looking for…inside Sulli’s bag.

 

“Dara, you really know how to make Oppa happy. This is my favorite.” Teddy sat down and started serving Jaejoong and Dara some ginger soup. He’s famished and he’s ready to devour it. Dara hesitantly sat down followed by Jaejoong who sat beside her.

 

Dara, this is not the time to fangirl over Kim Jaejoong. Remember your mission! Dara thought to herself as she chastised herself the moment she started to swoon over her idol’s close proximity to hers.

 

“Soo..” Dara softly said while looking down on her bowl of soup, intimidated by the presence of Jaejoong.

 

…where’s Jiyong and Sulli?” Jaejoong interrupted to complete her question.

 

“Y-yeah…” she hesitantly replied, her shoulders slumped in defeat.

 

“He took her home since we don’t need her around anymore. “ Jaejoong nonchalantly said as he opened a bottle of juice for Dara and softly patted her shoulder as if comforting her. “He’ll be back”, he softly said with a smile.

 

“Right.” Dara nodded. She stared down on the floor trying to avert her gaze from him.

 

It’s been over an hour already and Dara is already getting nervous. Jiyong is still not back from taking Sulli home. They have been trying to call him on his phone but it goes directly to voice mail. It doesn’t help either that Sulli’s phone is turned off too.

 

She has had enough.

 

She’ll just go home and wait for him to call her tomorrow. There’s no sense in waiting for him in the studio. She held back her tears as she said goodbye to Jaejoong and Teddy. Jaejoong insisted on walking her to her car but Dara declined. She feels safe enough to walk alone since the building is safely guarded 24/7.

 

As soon as she gets in her car, tears started falling. She’s shaking uncontrollably as the pain enveloped her heart. She kept on telling herself to trust Jiyong but her mind is feeding her heart with doubts.

 

Why does it hurt so much? Her heart feels like it’s going to explode whenever she thinks about Jiyong and Sulli. She felt the pity from Teddy oppa and Jaejoong. She felt the awkwardness as they tried to cheer her up while she’s waiting for Jiyong to return. She couldn’t take it anymore so she had to get away from there.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter