I know

Within The Blood

HyukJae was out cold for two whole days. Every so often DongHae would check on him and to make sure that he was okay. It wasn’t normal to be out for this long, but then again this wasn’t something that happens every day.

 

“Hey, its just me, DongHae, your roommate. Do you remember me?” DongHae said as he sat by HyukJae’s bed where he’s been for the past couple days. “Even though we didn’t talk much, I still saw so much in you, through your eyes. Can you wake up so I can get to know you” DongHae said as he looked towards HyukJae’s closed eyes.

 

 

HyukJae continued to sleep throughout the rest of the day. It wasn’t till late in the night around 2am when he finally woke up. The darkness that usually took him time to adjust, wasn’t an issue tonight. Everything was amplified with his new vision, even his hearing was better. He could hear the crickets chirping way louder than normal.

 

He got up out his bed, feeling lighter that he felt before, as he got to his feet in one swift movement.

 

“I wonder what I can do” HyukJae thought out loud.

 

He walked over to his sleeping roommate and looked down at him. “He’s actually kind of good looking” Hyuk said as he looked at DongHae who seems to be sleeping without a worry in the world.  

 

“How did I even get here?” Hyuk asked himself. As he thought back, images flashed before his eyes. Everything went by fast but slowed down, right before SungMin’s last words and then what followed.

 

“OMO” HyukJae gasped as he saw the light go out before his eyes. “And he’s supposed to be protecting me.” HyukJae clutched his neck as he saw that SungMin snapped his neck.

 

Thirty minutes has passed since HyukJae’s reawakening, and he was bored out of his mind. He wanted to leave the dorm, but he wasn’t sure on what kind of repercussion would occur for breaking curfew.

 

“Ugh, I shouldn’t” HyukJae sighed after, thinking about waking DongHae up. Time continued to creep by very slowly for HyukJae. He ended up sitting beside DongHae’s bed looking up at the moon that was shining brightly.

 

Without notice a tear streaked down HyukJae’s face. Emotions were flooding him; he wasn’t sure what to believe anymore. He couldn’t understand why but he felt bad for his parents, the ones who raised him, the only parents he thought he had.

 

“How do I tell em” Hyuk’s question came out shaky as it begins to hit him the more he thinks about. “Will they even accept me” Hyuk sniffled after the thoughts continued to run wild in his head.

 

As Hyuk slowly broke down with the changes he just incurred, DongHae woke up. He looked at the side of HyukJaes face and saw the tears rolling down them. He wanted to reach out and wipe his tears away and say it will be okay, but who was he to say those kinds of things to him.

 

HyukJae cried and cried and cried, making DongHae shed a few tears with him in silent. It pained him to see HyukJae so fragile, but he could understand. It wasn’t easy for him to transition from being a normal teenage kid, to being a vampire. He knows what it feels like to have that fear of not being accepted by the people you grew up with.

 

“I know” DongHae let slip out his mouth, causing HyukJae to turn around and face him. He quickly wiped his face seeing Donghae looking at him with sympathetic eyes.

 

“Sorry” HyukJae said and stood up bowing his head in DongHae’s direction. “I didn’t mean to wake you” HyukJae said and turned to go back to his side of the room.

 

“It’s okay” DongHae said as he grabbed hold of the pure bloods wrist. Hyuk remained still not wanting to look at DognHae in this state. “Can I do something for you?” DongHae asked he too got to his feet. HyukJae didn’t respond in fear that his voice would crack..

 

“I know what you’re going through” DongHae said as he pulled HyukJae into his arms. HyukJae’s eyes flew open as he felt DongHae’s arms go around him. “Don’t cry alone like this again” DongHae continued to say as he ran his hand down the back of Hyuk’s hair. “If you need a shoulder, I’m here.” Donghae finished saying.

 

“Thanks” HyukJae finally said through shaky voice, and then he wrapped his arms around DongHae and cried, let all the sadness he was feeling and confusion out

 

 

They both stood together for a couple minutes and then HyukJae shyly made his way back to his bed, in hopes of sleep.

 

 

The next morning HyukJae lay in bed, nervous to face DongHae after last night meltdown.

 

A/N: Short update i know, but i hope you like it :) Thanks for the comments and all the new subbers to the story, im glad you guys are still liking how the story is progressing.