Catch me if you can

Within The Blood

They headed out into the dark night; DongHae, Kai and HyukJae, meeting up with the others at the foot of the steps, where HyukJae first met SungMin.

“What are you doing here?” SungMin asks, as he walked over to HyukJae.

“I should have known you were the one who sent the little one to help hide me” HyukJae replied. 

“Ya, I’m not little” Kai retorted without even thinking.

“Ya?” HyukJae turned, looking at him intensely.

“Sorry” Kai replied, and quickly bowed his head. When Hyuk’s intense stare didn’t fade, he quickly dropped to his knees and apologized profusely.

“Get up, I’m only teasing” HyukJae said, as he helped Kai up.

“This is not a time to joke around” SungMin said drawing his attention back to him.   

“Okay let’s get down to business,” the pure blood began to say, as all childish expression left his face. “Our first priority is protecting the people inside the school. Is there somewhere we can hide them, to keep them out of danger?” he asks.

“There is too much of them to secure them all right now” Yunho replied.

“Okay then what can we do then, to try and protect them” Hyuk pressed.

“We can move them into one dorm, and make a stance around it.” Minho suggested.

“Why would you put them all in one place, what if we fail” Hyuk said, skeptical about the idea.

“Do you have such little faith in us?” Key asked.

“It’s not that I don’t believe that we can take them on, I just think we don’t know how much people they have, and being crammed together might not be such a good idea” He replied as he made his way into the circle. “I know you all are great fighters and will do your best to protect this school. We have the upper hand. We know this school, we know the grounds. Instead of being crammed lets spread out, in groups of three’s.”

“But you just said we don’t know how many of them there is.” Kai spoke up feeling nervous with Hyuk’s plans.

“They know nothing about us; they don’t know how good you guys are at fighting. Instead of having them take us on with one large number, let’s take them out one by one, on our own terms. While you guys protect the school, I will lead ChangMin away from here.” Hyuk finished saying.

“Shhh” was all I heard and it wasn’t only from SungMin.

“They’re close” KyuHyun said breaking the silence.

“HyukJae” the voice sounded so crisp and clear, as if the voice was coming from someone who was right in front of him. “I know you can hear me” HyukJae began scanning the area, to see if he can see anything, but nothing was visible. “STOP LOOKING FOR ME!” the voice echoed in HyukJae’s ears, causing his head to pound, bringing him to his knees.

“Hyuk” SungMin and DongHae rushed to his side as the other members made a protective stance around them. “What’s going on?” SungMin asked.

“He can see me” Hyuk replied, as he release his hand from his ears.

To the far left he noticed a figure, but it wasn’t moving. “DongHae” he whispered, but he didn’t get a response.  

“There’s something over there” he said as he looked to the rest of our guys and saw their heads turn in the direction he’d just mention.

“Now” SungMin said as he caught sight of what HyukJae was referring to, as he looked towards MinHo.  

HyukJae’s seen water being controlled before but never like this, the water from a small bottle, manifested into so much more, creating a wall along the width of the school grounds building. It wasn’t the fact that the water was spreading far and wide, but how it started to turn to ice as it went higher and higher.

“How is he doing that?” HyukJae asked as he stood up, taking in the beauty of Minho’s ice wall.

“You’re not the only one who has been practicing” SungMin replied.

“That makes me feel a lot better now, knowing this now.” HyukJae said as he tried to focus on his protectors.

“Where’s JaeJoong?” he asked noticing that he is missing.

“That’s a good question, I haven’t really seen him all day” KyuHyun said, looking around.

“Doesn’t matter, we need to focus.” SungMin snapped. “Yunho, Key, and Jjong, you guys go towards the girls dorms.” SungMin ordered, getting a unison nod from the three to his left. “Tae, MinHo and Kai, you three hold the ground here for a bit.”

“What about the guy’s dorms?” Hyuk asked.

“Go there when you’re done with here. Don’t engage them here, trap them if you can and move on, got it?” SungMin continued to say.

“We will be out in the clearing where we practice,” HyukJae took lead and speaking up. “Remember, protect the school, if you can move the fight away, then do so” he continued to say.

A loud clash came towards Minho’s ice wall; reddish-orange colors could be seen, trying to impale the barrier.

“Go now” SungMin said as he looked towards Key, YunHo and Jjong. The three quickly vanished into thin air.

“Start going to where we will meet up,” SungMin turned looking at DongHae and HyukJae. “We’ll be right behind you” he continued to say.

The ice began to melt, making an entrance at the bottom of the ice wall, in the middle.

“They do not pass us here” KyuHyun said as he looked around at his fellow vamps. “We hold this line, until we are ready to move.” He continued to say as two fireballs shot up out of the palms of his hand.

“Here they come” Minho says, as he sees the break in his wall.

“Tae” was all SungMin need to say for him to know what to do.

As the vampires – eyes blood shot – broke through the barrier, Tae called up on his earth element. The ground beneath their feet opened up, bringing a gaping hole in ground. KyuHyun jumped in the air, and set fire to the ones who fell down in TaeMin’s pit.

The vampires screeched out in pain as they began to burn with KyuHyun’s fire. Tae quickly closed the ground sealing the vampires underneath.

A fire ball knocked TaeMin off his feet, before any damage could be done; KyuHyun took the fire off of him.

They focused their attention once again on the remaining vampires on the other side of the ice wall. This wasn’t a simple fight, this wasn’t just a battle, this was war.

There were about twenty more vampires on the other side of the wall that they could see. In the midst of it all, there was a tall brunette, dressed in all black, with eyes that glow the same crimson red that HyukJae’s does.

“We don’t have to do this you know, just give me the pure blood” ChangMin said as he made his way through his minions.

“Over our dead body” Kai spat out.

“Okay then” ChangMin replied, as he quickly closed the space between Kai and him, placing his hand around his neck. “Are you really willing to die for your pure blood you just met?” ChangMin asked as he squeezed tighter and tighter, creating great discomfort for the youngin, Kai.

“Let him go,” KyuHyun said as he threw a fireball at ChangMin, which quickly dissolved as it came in contact with him.

“Do you think you can actually beat me?” ChangMin question, as he turned around focusing on KyuHyun.

“Alone….maybe not,” KyuHyun replied as he stares down ChangMin “but together, definitely” he finished saying, as MinHo launched an ice ball at ChangMin, catching him off guard. Kai fell to the ground from the release of ChangMin’s grip.

“Are you okay?” Tae said as he helped Kai up.

“I’ll be okay” Kai replied.

“This is our time to split up” SungMin said as he notice ChangMin getting back to his feet.

“What are you waiting for, get them” ChangMin let out in rage. “FIND THAT PURE BLOOD!!!”

“Go” SungMin said as the other vampires started making their way through SungMin’s barrier. “If you get the chance, call for back up, I think we might need it” KyuHyun said, just before he took up, trailing SungMin.

“Come and catch me if you can” ChangMin heard in his head.

“Fast learner I see, HyukJae” he replied. “Why don’t you tell me where you are and let’s get this over with?”

“Now why would I make it so easy for you” Hyuk Jae replied. “I’ll tell you this; I’m not in any of those buildings. If you want to get me, leave the school alone, this is between you and me” ChangMin couldn’t help but chuckle at HyukJae’s words.

“I’m coming” he replied, before taking off into the wooded area of the school.

 

A/N: Whoa 2 chapter updates in one night. Let's just say i was little inspired to keep going. I hope you guys like it, the battle is definitely on....hopefully there wont be too much casualty