he's coming

Within The Blood

While time began to slip away for DongHae and the rest of vampires, who watched HyukJae writhe in pain, time slowed down for him.

Although he felt like it was happening to him, he soon realized it wasn’t. A very pale man, too pale to be human was below him. The black hair figure stared up in his direction, but it was like he was looking right through him.

He looked around trying to understand what is happening before him and nothing was of the age he knew. For all he knew he was in the woods behind the school, but what made him second guess was the clothing that the man below was wearing. His feet didn’t have shoes on; it looked more like just cloth wrapped tightly around his feet perfectly. His hair was muddled filled with waves, in dier need of a brush to be run through it. Old traditional Korean clothing the vampire was dressed in.

A cold breeze swished pass HyukJae making him turn to look behind him but nothing was there. He looked back down to the Vampire who was now being held down by several other vampires.

“I told you this day would come” A deep voice could be heard to the right of HyukJae. Blood was running down the side of his mouth, shirt filled with evidence of his savage behaviour. HyukJae tried to focus on the face, but he couldn’t, he has never seen that face before.

As he made his way towards the Vampire being held down in front of him, his minions positioned themselves so he had proper visual of the battered vamp.

“Pfft” He scuffed as he tapped the feet of the vampire. “You Pure Bloods think you are untouchable” He continued to say drawing HyukJae’s attention.

“This must be a memory” Hyuk thought to himself.

“I told you that i would take you down from that mighty chair of yours” He said as he lunged forward choking the Pure Blood.

HyukJae instinctively tried to push the Pure Blood’s attacker off of him, but he just went right through him.

“Now i’m going to take what’s rightfully mine” the assailant said right before he took a bite into the Pure Bloods neck. HyukJae’s knees went weak right away. It felt as if piece of him was being taken away.

When the vampire finally took a break from drinking the blood from HyukJae’s fallen ancestor he looked up with eyes completely red, and with the sense of triumph written all over his face.

“Hey,” the attacker said as he lightly tapped the pure blood on the side of his cheek. “I am not done with you yet” he continued to say as he stood up and both of his hands over the pure blood with fingers spread. “I want it all” He said before his eyes lit up bright red and that’s when it really hit HyukJae.

The pure bloods body lifted up off the ground, body in a complete arch as his fire ability was being drained from him. Although he can see what’s happening, every part of his body felt like it was going through the pit of hell. He began clawing away at his skin, from the burning sensation; he wanted it to stop more than anything, but it began to intensify as he felt himself becoming weaker and weaker.

“One final thing” the vampire who is calling all the shots said, bringing HyukJae to focus on him one more time, numbing the pain for the few fleeting seconds. “I am Lee ChangMin, the one you guys tried to throw away” He moved at incredible speed, pulling the heart of the pure bloods chest. “Tear him apart” he said without so much of a look behind at his minions.

The last thing HyukJae saw before everything went black was the killer instinct look in Lee ChangMin eyes before he set a flame to the dismembered part of the Pure Bloods body.

 

In the mean time, the vampires managed to bring HyukJae back to their lair. The coven stood in a circle around the table where HyukJae’s body rested.

“Have you ever seen anything like this?” DongHae asked as he looked at SungMin.

“Um...” SungMin rattled from the unfamiliar situation.

“You said you’ve been with the family for a long time, you must have seen something like this before.” DongHae pushed.

“It’s not like before, before they were told by their parents about what to do, but due to circumstances HyukJae didn’t have that luxury.” SungMin began to explain. “I know that they experience things, but i’ve never seen it myself to tell you what’s normal and what isn’t. They are a very closed off family, when it comes to the passing down of memory through the blood.”

“You told us to trust you and follow you because of him” JaeJoong said as he took a step forward, focusing HyukJae and then to SungMin.

“Back off, im warning you” DongHae said as he notice JJ’s look in his eyes.

“He doesn’t even know how to handle your precious little pure blood,” JaeJoong replied.

“You speak as if you know” KyuHyun said as he took a step forward in defence of SungMin.

“I’m pretty sure i would know more than him, if i was in his position.” JaeJoong said.

“Well you’re not, so stop trying to act like you know best” DongHae replied.

“What’s gotten into you lately” YunHo said as grabbed JJ’s hand pulling him back to his spot.

“You’ll see, we all will see, sooner or later” JaeJoong replied, loud enough so that everyone could hear.

Wondering eyes floated around the room after JJ’s words, making them feel uneasy.

 

“Wake up” DongHae said as he took HyukJae’s right hand into his hands and began rubbing it, hoping that his touch will wake him.

“Hae why don’t you just wake him up like you did before” KyuHyun suggested.

“No” SungMin said immediately “we don’t know what state he is in. This isn’t just a dream, this could be anything, something we are not prepared for” SungMin continued to say.

“A better reason as to why you should allow DongHae to take a look and see” Yunho said.

“It’s too risky” SungMin replied clearly nervous about what would happen.

“Blood” Key said drawing all eyes on him.

“What” the word echoed around the room as they wonder why Key had said blood.

“Look at him” he said as he gestured towards his bloody arms. “Those should’ve been fully healed by now but they aren’t. He needs blood; he needs to replenish his body after whatever it was that he just went through” Key finished stating.

“You make a good point” SungMin said, but before he could even finish DongHae had already made the self inflicting wound against his wrist, ready to feed HyukJae.

“Not from you” SungMin said as he lifted DongHae’s wrist from above HyukJae’s mouth.

The warning look in Hae’s eyes was very intimidating, but it wasn’t going to make SungMin release his hand.

“He’s going to need more than what you can give him.” SungMin finally spoke as he tried to reason with DongHae who was staring in his eyes with his plea to save HyukJae. “You’re one of our best fighters, we need you strong. Kai,” SungMin said and then turned his attention to Kai. “I need you to get one of the girls and bring them here,” SungMin ordered and then turned his attention to HyukJae. “Actually bring two, and make it quick” he finished saying. A simple nod was all that was needed and in a blink of an eye Kai was gone.

 

It didn't take long before Kai came back with two girls who were completely oblivious to the situation they just walked into. The blond was the first one up for offering for HyukJae, the whole time with a smile on her face, thanks to the compulsion from SungMin.

“He’s not drinking” Jjong said, what all the observers were thinking.

“Maybe he doesn’t like my blood” The blond said as a joke, but none of the vampires laughed.

DongHae’s icy stare made the smile fade from the girls face.

“I was only joking” she said in apologetic tone, as she shied away from DongHae’s stare.

“He’s drinking” Kai said causing everyone to focus on HyukJae. Surely enough, more and more his Adam’s apple moved, it became more evident of motion.

HyukJae’s was very hungry; he went through the blond girl fast that the other vamps had to pry her away from him, before he drained her completely. He went through the brunette almost as fast, but he pulled away on his own.

They cleared the girls out of the room, but not before they place a lie in their head, and returning them to their dorms.

“Do you want to talk about what happened?” DongHae asked as he looked at HyukJae with concern.

“How long was i out for?” the Pure Blood asked.

“A couple hours at most” DongHae said as he looked around the room, and others nodded in agreement to his reply.

“Wow” Hyuk said as he stood up and began walking around the room. “It felt much longer than that.”

“Careful, you could probably still be weak” SungMin warned, keeping a close eye on HyukJae.

“Thanks” Hyuk said as he placed a hand on SungMin’s left shoulder “but i’m fine.”

“He’s only saying that because of what happened earlier, you gave us all quite a scare” DongHae said.

“I’m sure i did, because what i saw” the strawberry blonde began to say as the images flashback. “They scared me too.”

“So this was a memory that you recalled” KyuHyun said.

“Yes, a very vicious memory of a Pure Blood being killed” HyukJae said as gasped filled the air in the room.

“Did you find anything out that might be helpful?” YunHo asked.

“Yes, i know who is killing Pure Bloods.”

“Who?” The questioned echoed around the room.

“Lee ChangMin” HyukJae said causing eyes to stir in the room and shocked expressions.

 

 “Lee HyukJae” the deep cunning voice made its way into Hyuk’s head.

“Huh?” Hyuk replied instantly causing more confusion to be drawn on the vampires face around him.

“Nice to finally meet you.” He said “Allow me to properly introduce myself, my name is Lee ChangMin and i can’t wait to see you.”

 

“What the hell is happening now?” Key asked out loud and then quickly covered his mouth as he notice.

“It’s like he’s in a trance” MinHo said as he took a step closer to HyukJae.

“YA!” DongHae said as he lightly tapped HyukJae’s shoulder, no response.

 

“See you soon” ChangMin said and vanished.

 

“He’s coming” HyukJae said as he was finally able to wrap his head around what just happened.

“Who’s coming?” SungMin asked.

“The one who is out to kill me, Lee ChangMin” HyukJae replied.

 

“How do you know this?” KyuHyun asked.

“He just told me” HyukJae replied as fear started to take hold of him.

“How...?” YunHo asked dumbfounded by what is happening.

“It doesn’t matter. All that matters is that we all stay sharp and protect our Pure Blood no matter what” DongHae said as he took HyukJae’s shaky hand into his. 

 

A/N: WOW an update finally.... I hope its worth the wait and that you guys are still interested in the story. College life is no joke, every week i have quiz test or an assessment, sometimes all 3 like this week OTL . I CANT WAIT FOR READING WEEK!!!! I NEED A BREAK!