its okay

Within The Blood

“Gawd he’s fast” HyukJae said as he made his way into his room. He had no idea that Kai could possibly be that quick; he never got a hit on him. He was rather disappointed in himself with that. He plopped down on his bed thinking how he could get one up on Kai.

 

“That took awhile” DongHae said as he sat down at the edge of Hyuk’s bed.

 

“What time is it?” Hyuk asked.

 

“Just past midnight” DongHae replied. “I thought I was going to have to look for you, but SungMin said you were on your way already” he continued to say.

 

“Wow it didn’t even feel that long” HyukJae replied looking out to the window.

 

“How’d it go?” DongHae asked.

 

“You mean how it didn’t go… he’s too fast” Hyuk whined.

 

“Oh…” DongHae replied, seeing that whatever happened between Kai and Hyuk during the training didn’t go well at all.

 

“If you want…” DongHae began to say

 

“Actually what I want right now is just to lay here in silence, if that’s okay” HyukJae said turning his back to DongHae.

 

“Oh okay” DongHae said as he went to pat the back of Hyuk’s shoulder to let him know he’s there if he wants to talk, but HyukJae shrugged away, not letting DongHae touch him.

 

“Sorry” HyukJae said as he heard DongHae sit on his own bed.

 

 

Practices kept going like they have for the week, Hyuk was getting closer to mastering the elements, he was practically there, he just couldn’t control it fully yet.

 

A whole week past, with little interaction between DongHae and HyukJae, it was starting to bother Hyuk. He gotten so used to DongHae giving him little pep talks to get him through his practices, but even those he didn’t show up to.

 

“Hey, have you talked to DongHae lately?” HyukJae asked SungMin.

 

“We don’t have hour long conversation, but yeah we still talk, he keeps me updated on you as well.” SungMin replied as he ate his food.

 

“He does…” Hyuk retorted, “I’ve barely spoke with him all week. Yes he greets me… but…” Hyuk couldn’t find the words to explain the emptiness of not having DongHae in his corner.

 

“Am I missing something?” SungMin pried.

 

“I don’t know, maybe im just making nothing into something, probably just my mind over processing.” Hyuk replied as he bean sprout in his food.

 

“Oh not so easy” SungMin said as a smile landed on his face, seeing that there is much more to Hyuk’s inquiry on DongHae. “Come on, if you’re not going to talk to me, then who else you will talk to” SungMin said hoping HyukJae would cave.

 

“I don’t even know it myself, so how can I tell you” HyukJae replied. “Besides…” Hyuk said as he turned looking around at his surrounding. The lunch room was packed with several students, Vampires and humans alike.

 

“Oh… I see” SungMin said picking up that Hyuk didn’t want to talk about something like that in this open area. “Come on, im full anyways” SungMin said as he got up from his seat.

 

“Where…?” Hyuk replied as he too got to his feet and picking up both of their trays.

 

“You can leave them you know that right” SungMin said as he saw Hyuk clearing the table.

 

“I know but we’re going pass the garbage anyways” Hyuk said as he walked ahead of SungMin.

 

 

“So…are you going to tell me what’s on your mind about DongHae?” Ming asked.

 

“It’s weird” Hyuk finally replied after a minute of silence.

 

“Then you’re speaking to the right person” SungMin said with a reassuring smile.

 

“You’re good” Hyuk replied as a smile fell on his face too.

 

“I know” SungMin replied with a cute smile that no one in the world could resist.

 

“Like I said, it’s weird” “Hyuk began to say. “I didn’t start to feel anything really, until I fed from him” Hyuk said.

 

“Yeah I remember you told me, so” SungMin replied.

 

“When I fed with those girls, it didn’t feel anywhere near as intense” Hyuk continued to say.

 

“When you say intense, do you mean intense in like you were nervous, or…” SungMin eyed him in a manner that made HyukJae nervous.

 

“Well…” Hyuk side eyed SungMin.

 

“Do I need to beat it out of you” SungMin teased as he playfully nudges Hyuk’s shoulder.

 

“Okay fine, last week things were intense, like when I first drank from him. But things are… I don’t know, now complicated.” Hyuk tried to explain.

 

“So you like DongHae then?” SungMin said pointing it out for HyukJae.

 

“Like…no…maybe. I don’t know its just weird because he’s not even talking to me right now” HyukJae said clearly frustrated.

 

“Hey” SungMin said stopping HyukJae by placing both his arms on him. “It’s okay” I said drawing HyukJae in.

 

“Maybe he doesn’t like me” Hyuk replied. “For all I know he was just messing with me”

 

“I don’t think so” SungMin replied. “DongHae isn’t the kind of guy to pay extra attention to someone he’s not interested in. Trust me many has tried gaining his attention but none has them like you.” SungMin finished off saying.

 

“Oh…” was all Hyuk could say. He let SungMin’s word sink in as he wonders how many did DongHae turned down. “Like who?” Hyuk asked.

 

“KyuHyun” SungMin said rather bitterly.

 

“He did” Hyuk replied in surprise. “Oh I never would’ve guessed, I thought they just followed him. Why do they even follow him?” Hyuk asked wondering why DongHae have so much say over others.

 

“He’s one of the oldest here” SungMin said.

 

“Meaning that he’s stronger than the rest” Hyuk replied.

 

“Yes he is stronger, but also we have an order here” SungMin retorted.

 

“Where do you stand in this order?” Hyuk asked.

 

“I stand just below you” SungMin replied.

“So you’re older than DongHae” Hyuk replied.

 

“Yes, I’ve been with your family for a long time” SungMin replied with a smile.

 

“So Kyu tried to get with DongHae, is there something still going on between them now I should know about” Hyuk probed.

 

“You don’t have to worry about Kyu” SungMin replied.

 

“Do you even talk to him that well to know that?” Hyuk continued to probe.

 

“Trust me when I say you don’t have to worry about Kyu” SungMin replied with a smirk on his face.

 

“Oh… Ok” Hyuk said as he took SungMin’s reply in. “Wait, do you mean that you are with KyuHyun right now?”

 

“Yes, but we’re just getting back, so I don’t want to talk about it much, don’t want to ruin it you know” SungMin replied.

 

“Yeah, so do you think I should tell DongHae I like him, or just wait?” Hyuk asked.

 

“Im not usually the one to speak up first, but what you should definitely talk to him though” SungMin replied.

 

“I’ve never been in this position, usually its girls asking to go on dates with me. I’ve never been attracted to guys, but DongHae, he’s something different.” Hyuk explained.

 

“It doesn’t matter if they are a girl or guy, if you like them, let them know, especially if they are feeling the same.  The worst that can happen is that they say that they’re not interested in you” SungMin replied.

 

“What if he tells everyone about it and turns me down?” Hyuk worried.

 

“Yes that can happen, but I really don’t think DongHae would do that to you” SungMin replied. “If you’re not 100% sure yet, just wait and leave it alone till you are ready to let him know.”

 

“Okay” Hyuk said and then hugged SungMin. “Thank you for being understanding” Hyuk said as he tightened his hug around the platinum blonde vampire.

 

“You’re welcome, anytime Hyukkie” SungMin replied.

 

A/N: ahhh i got to update but it probably isnt even what you guys were expecting. i hope you still like though. i aboely love HyukMin friendship n i tend to get carried away with their friendship. Sry i cant seem to write while ate work :/