fire

Within The Blood

It was just past midnight when everyone gathered. Questioning eyes were could be seen amongst the vampires.

 

“Why did you call a meeting in the middle of the week?” JaeJoong asked, turning his attention to SungMin.

 

“Things are happening much faster than anticipated” SungMin said as he stepped into the circle.

 

“HyukJae was attacked through his dream today” DongHae spoke up causing gasps around the room.

 

“How did they do that?” Kai asked, as he still new to all the abilities that vampires possess.

 

“I take it that he has the same ability as me, for him to be able to enter his dream, what I don’t get is how he did it” DongHae replied.

 

“I was wondering the same” SungMin replied.

 

“That is why you called this meeting” JaeJoong said.

 

“Obviously, don’t you see what is happening?” Kyu spoke up in reply to JaeJoong.

 

“I’m not stupid, but this isn’t serious for a meeting like this” Jae replied.

 

“And what would make it serious” DongHae said in defense for HyukJae.

 

“He’s a pure blood; he should’ve been able to handle that vampire easily.” JaeJoong retorted.

 

“You seem to be forgetting that he just transitioned, he hasn’t been a vampire for a week much less” DongHae replied as he made his way towards JaeJoong.

 

“It doesn’t matter, his defense should’ve kicked in, even if he punched or kicked him, it would be enough for him to get away, but he couldn’t even do that” JaeJoong said with a smug smile on his face.

 

“Hi let me introduce myself” HyukJae said as he moved quickly to stand in front of JaeJoong. “My name is Lee HyukJae, your pure blood” he continued to say as he mirrored the smug smile that JaeJoong had on his face before.

 

JaeJoong tried to say something, but the look on HyukJae face had him stammer, barely able to say a word.

 

“That’s what I thought” HyukJae said and then turned to face the rest of vampire.

 

DongHae couldn’t help but think how hot he looked, with that fierce look on his face.

 

The image of HyukJae pressing him against the closet door, played out in his head. The feel of HyukJae’s tongue trailing over his neck, and how hard he fought to hold back the moan that was begging to break free from his mouth.

 

HyukJae looked towards DongHae just as he was thinking how HyukJae wiped his mouth and looked at him, while feeding from him.

 

“I’m new to this, but I am sure I will be able to get the hang of this vampire lifestyle very soon and with your help” the strawberry blonde said as he looked around the room.

 

“Exactly, you’re a fast learner, in no time you will be perfecting your abilities, we just need to place them.” SungMin said.

 

“How do we do that?” Hyuk asked.

 

“Well one thing is for sure, you have the ability to control the fire element.” DongHae said recalling the dream he witnessed that led HyukJae to this school. “I have the ability to get in one’s head, see their deepest darkest secret and hurt them” DongHae continue to say.

 

“Oh...” HyukJae said in reply to DongHae.

 

“I have the ability to control water” Key said as he made his way into the circle. “I just need one drop of it and I can make it as big as I would like” he finished off with a smile, before stepping back into his place.

 

“Your father could control all four elements so I am sure you can too” SungMin said.

 

“All four elements...” HyukJae repeated with a confused look on his face.

 

“Kyu would you like to help me explain” SungMin said as he looked towards KyuHyun.

 

“How...?” KyuHyun asked as he took a step forward, while looking at the platinum blonde.

 

“Throw a fire ball at HyukJae” SungMin ordered.

 

“What?” HyukJae exclaimed.

 

“No, I can’t” KyuHyun replied hesitant in following through on SungMin’s command.

 

“He has the element so he cannot be harmed by it.” SungMin began to explain. “The same way fire won’t hurt you it won’t hurt him.”

 

“I use to burn myself” Kyu said in reply to SungMin’s word.

 

“Those never actually hurt you, besides we heal fast. Also HyukJae is not you,” SungMin replied and then turned his attention to HyukJae.

 

“Do you trust me?” SungMin asked as he squared Hyuk’s shoulders to him.

 

“I don’t know you did snap my neck the last time we were here.” HyukJae replied.

 

“That was the fastest and least painful way to get you through the transition, beside you didn’t even see it coming” SungMin retorted.

 

“That’s beside the point” Hyuk replied.

 

“Okay fine, I could’ve said something but do you really think you would’ve been, sure go ahead and snap my neck so I can be reawaken as a vampire” SungMin said.

 

“Of course not” the pure blood replied.

 

“My point exactly” SungMin said. “So when I tell you that you can stop the fire before it even touches you, trust me when I say so” he continued to say.

 

HyukJae couldn’t help feeling uneasy about just going on trust like that.

 

“Were you burned at your school fire?” SungMin asked

 

“Um...” HyukJae paused to think about it for a second. “No I wasn’t actually.”

 

“But the other people who were in that room were and you were in there the longest.” SungMin proved his point. “Now turn around face Kyu and just think about stopping the fire, or controlling it.”

 

“You know that is easier said than done right” Hyuk replied.

 

“You’ll be fine, I believe in my Pure Blood.” SungMin said with that cheerful smile that Hyuk saw plastered on his face when he first met him.

 

The room became deathly silent as everyone watched from Kyu, who was clearly nervous with hands shaking, and HyukJae who was clearly tense about what he was about to try and do.

 

“Go ahead Kyu” SungMin said.

 

“Ok...okay” Kyu replied.

 

HyukJae shook his hands, trying to get rid of his edginess.

 

“Are you ready?” KyuHyun asked HyukJae.

 

“Not really...” HyukJae said as he looked over to KyuHyun watching his hands intently, as fire began to appear from the tips of his fingers. “But I want to be able to protect myself, so yeah I’m ready” Hyuk finished saying.

 

“Ok” Kyu replied.

 

KyuHyun threw a fireball at HyukJae and hit him right in the chest, making Hyuk stumble a bit from freight of being set on fire. The fire vanished as Hyuk panicked.

 

“Try again, but this time, actually try and stop it from hitting you” SungMin said. “Again” he said as he looked towards KyuHyun.

 

KyuHyun threw another fireball at HyukJae and instead of stopping it, he just moved out the way.

 

“YA! You almost hit me” Kai said as he looked in Kyu’s direction. KyuHyun simply shrugged him off.

 

“Aren’t you happy that you are faster than the rest of us” Key teased.

 

“That’s not funny” Kai replied.

 

“Focus, we need you to be able to protect yourself from elements,” SungMin stressed to HyukJae. "Just because you wont be hurt by it, it doesnt mean that they cant use that as a distraction and hurt you phsically" he added.

 

“I’m trying; I just don’t know how to channel whatever it is that I am supposed to.” HyukJae retorted.

 

“Hey” DongHae said as moved to stand in front of HyukJae. “You can do this, fire isn’t harmful to you. You can wield it on your own. That strength you used to stop SungMin and I from fighting, use it to control the fire.” DongHae said, trying to motivate HyukJae. “Imagine if this was real and your life was in danger, use this fire against him” he finished saying.

 

“Ok” HyukJae said as he looked at his roommate, whose been by his side a lot lately in his time of need. “I can do this” he said and then DongHae went back to where he was standing.

 

“Sorry,” KyuHyun said as the fire grew in his hands.

 

“No need to be sorry” HyukJae replied, “I’m ready”.

 

The fireball was bigger than the others, KyuHyun threw the ball with force and everyone was shocked with what happened next.

 

HyukJae’s hands almost touching the fireball that KyuHyun threw towards HyukJae, and he had stopped it. His eyes were so dark and intense, he looked around the fireball in KyuHyun’s direction, and then his eyes went fire red. The fireball flew back towards KyuHyun’s direction knocking him off his feet, throwing him into a wall. Gasps and wide eyes flew into the direction that Kyu was thrown.

 

“KyuHyun-ah” SungMin said as he rushed to his side. “Are you okay?” he asked.

 

“Um...” Kyu began to said as he tried to get to his feet.

 

“Here let me help you” SungMin said as he grabbed Kyu’s right arm and threw it over his shoulder, helping him up.

 

“I’ll be okay, no worries” Kyu said as he was standing on his feet.

 

HyukJae stood in his same spot, bugged eyed at what he just did.

 

Everyone looked back to HyukJae who was still in a daze.

 

“Hey” DongHae called to him, trying to snap him out of it. “I told you could do it” he continued to say when he didn’t hear any response.

 

“But I don’t know how” HyukJae finally said as he looked to DongHae.

 

“It’s okay, I don’t know how I can do what I do, it’s hard to explain but I can. I just think about what I want to do and it happens, with practice you will know how much power you need to put in.” DongHae tried to reason with HyukJae.

 

“I want to stop” HyukJae said.

 

“Okay, we can pick this up another day” SungMin replied. “For those of you who control any of the four elements, we will be meeting in the clearing of the forest on Friday night okay” he said.

“Till then, build your strength up, tomorrow I will get you someone you can feed on.” SungMin said to HyukJae.

 

Hyuk looked to DongHae and wondered if the others knew that he fed on DongHae, and if it was wrong. “Um... okay” he replied.

 

“That’s it for the night, remember to be alert” SungMin said ending the meeting.

 

A/N: I couldnt sleep and well i ended up writing this. YAY another update... :)