I got you

Within The Blood

A/N italic writing is for the dream state and regular writing is in the concious state (in the dorm). Sorry for the delay in updates. its been crazy here. 

 

It seemed like so much time has passed since they both got back to the room, but in reality time barely passed. As Lee HyukJae fell into deep slumber, his roommate on the other hand couldn’t sleep.

 

            “No wonder I couldn’t get further” DongHae said, as he replayed all the times he was watching, and trying to figure out the strawberry blonde’s biggest secret. He realized that there was no way to figure out what was going on with him because Hyuk himself didn’t know the full truth.

 

            “Stop” the word wouldn’t have been heard by a regular human being, it was merely a whisper but DongHae heard it. He quickly got up out of bed and was standing beside the pure blood, which seemed to be having a hard time while sleeping.

 

            “Let her go” Hyuk said in his sleep

 

            Back in his old school, HyukJae and a known bully of the school had a girl pinned to the wall. Her voice had pierced Hyuk’s ears, leading him into the chemistry class on the third floor of the school.

 

            “Do you really think you can stop me?” the bully said as he looked over his shoulder to Hyuk.

 

            “She clearly doesn’t want to be with you, so I suggest you let go of that hand now” Hyuk retorted as his eyes grew smaller with intensity.

 

The bully didn’t let up; instead he put his hand towards the girls face, caressing her cheek. It infuriated HyukJae, his eyes filled with rage, if anyone was looking at him, they would have seen them shown a glint of red in his eyes. That was the last straw and before they knew it, the gas pipes in the room spit fire out, lighting up the room.

 

The bully spin around and then the girl who was held beneath his grasp made a run for it, before the fire grew out hand.

 

His breathing began to be sporadic, which caused DongHae to bend down and grab hold of HyukJae’s hand, concerned for his well being.

 

“What are you dreaming about?” DongHae asked himself as he felt that HyukJae’s hand was hot, beyond any normal body temperature.

 

            As he was panic in his dream, it reflected into his reality, DongHae tried to shake HyukJae to wake him, but he wasn’t waking up.

 

“HELP! SOMEBODY HELP ME!” He began to scream.

 

DongHae thought about covering his mouth because he was loud, at this rate he would wake up the whole floor.

 

Although the fire was close to him, it didn’t feel as hot as he thought it should be, it freaked him out. He grabbed the bully’s hand trying to find a way out. They both grabbed for the same chair, thinking the same thing. Only way to go out was to break a window and jump down.

 

The bully headed for the window, almost pushing Hyuk into the fire. HyukJae scrambled to his feet as a small explosion happened in the back of the room. He wasn’t just panicking now, he was completely terrified.

 

The door way was blocked the fire in that area was more than half of HyukJae’s height, there was no way he was going out that way.

 

“Whats wrong with him?” SungMin said as he entered DongHae and HyukJae’s room.

 

“I don’t know…,” DongHae said as he turned his head to look at SungMin’s startled face. “I think he’s having a dream, a very dramatic one” DongHae said as he pushed Hyuk’s wet hair off of his forehead.

 

“Wake him up” SungMin practically demanded.

 

“What?” DongHae asked as he looked at SungMin with a “are you serious?” facial expression.

 

“He’s not stable as is; he doesn’t need to be having these kinds of dreams or whatever he is having. Wake him now” SungMin replied to Hae.

 

“But he’s a…” DongHae’s protest was cut off when SungMin practically gave him a death stare.

 

DongHae closed his eyes as he began his mental battle to enter HyukJae’s dream. After a couple minutes of battling, he finally broke through. He looked around the burning chemistry room, scanning for HyukJae.

 

HyukJae took a deep breath as he stood on the ledge, contemplating about jumping off.

 

“Ya!” DongHae called out to him.

 

HyukJae looked back to see DongHae staring at him with confusion.

 

“How’d you get here?” HyukJae asked.

 

“That doesn’t matter,” DongHae said as he started walking towards HyukJae.

 

“Don’t come any closer, you’re going to get hurt” Hyuk warned DongHae.

 

“I’m not going to get hurt, this is just a dream” DongHae said as he took another step forward, with the fire parting as he made his way. “Your dream to be exact” he finished saying.

 

“Wait, what?” HyukJae said as he turned his attention more towards DongHae. “This isn’t just a dream, this, this is…” Another gas pipe in the classroom exploded, much closer to HyukJae, causing him to lose balance and fall out the window.

 

“I got you” DongHae said as he caught Hyuk by his wrist mid air. It was like time stopped, HyukJae thought for sure he would’ve fell back first, plummeting into the ground. But instead he was being held in mid air by his new roommate.

 

In the moment that everything felt like the world has stopped, he looked up and saw DongHae looking at him, in a way he’s never seen him looked at him before; relief, concern and something else there that he couldn’t quite put his finger on.

 

“It’s time to wake up” DongHae said.

 

Back in their dorm, HyukJae finally woke up.