If he's in pain...i'll be in pain with him

Within The Blood

Nothing happened right away, as they suspected. Although SungMin has been with Lee HyukJae family for a long time, he didn’t see the transition of what occurs when the blood is passed on.

“Do you feel any different?” DongHae asked after HyukJae stared blankly at the rest of the guys anticipating something to happen to him.

“Not really...” Hyuk replied as he felt his back from where he was hit earlier.

“Are you in pain?” SungMin asked as he notices Hyuk touching himself.

“I was but not anymore” Hyuk replied.

“Well that’s a good sign, you are definitely healing faster than before” SungMin replied. “Let’s call it a night and see what happens tomorrow okay.”

 

It was back to school, a long week ahead. Once again everyone was briefed, this time the principal was informed. He was aware of what they were, and was concerned about his student’s safety. SungMin assured him that the students would be protected even if it meant that though would have to expose who they are. Mr. Jung was content with that, he’s is not your every day principal, but he also doesn’t want to return to that lifestyle.

 

“Did you hear about the four vamps, trying to take out the pure blood?” Kai whispered towards Key.

“Yes, we all heard, now shut up” Key replied, as he smacked Kai over the head.

“Ouch, why did you do that?” the brunette replied as he rubbed the spot that just got hit.

“You talk too much” TaeMin said, as he nodded his head in the direction of where DongHae and HyukJae stood.  

 

HyukJae didn’t look as bothered by Kai’s words as DongHae did. DongHae started to turn to walk in his direction but Hyuk grabbed his wrist.

 

“It’s okay...” Hyuk began to say drawing DongHae’s attention back to him. “Gossip isn’t going to break me, and it’s not like he can’t talk about it. We told them right, so if they feel to talk about it amongst themselves so be it.”

“Amongst themselves sure, but this is the hallway of our school, he should know better. We don’t throw that word around lightly about who we are in the presences of them” DongHae turned his head behind them were a few kids stopped to gawk at them.

“Okay we can talk to him outside of school, and let him know, but not here” Hyuk retorted.

The two walked off together heading for their next class.

 

 

“Hey, you okay” DongHae said as he notice HyukJae looking paler than usual.

“Huh?” HyukJae replied as he slowly turned his head in DongHae’s direction.

“You don’t look so good, maybe you should go lay down for a bit in the dorm.” DongHae suggested as he started getting up out of his seat.

“Yeah...” Hyuk began to say as he too started to get up out of his seat.

“And where do you think you two are going?” Mr Kim said as he noticed movements in the back of the room.

“I’m not feel...” before he could even finish his words, HyukJae body collapsed hitting into his desk before he hit the floor.

 

“Hyukkie” DongHae yelped as he got down on his knees grabbing HyukJae by his shirt and pulling him into his arm. “Hyukkie” he called again as he lightly tapped the side of HyukJae’s cheek. He quickly pulled his hand away as he felt the searing pain on his hand.

He looked down at his hand to see it got burnt and was already healing. He quickly put his hand on HyukJae’s clothed body to hide as kids in the class swarmed to see what was happening.

“Move, get out the way” My Kim said as he made his way towards the center of the commotion where he saw a past out Hyuk in Donghae’s arm. “What the hell happened to him?” he asked.

“I don’t know but i think i should bring him to the nurse’s office.” DongHae said although that wasn’t what he had in mind at all. He just wanted to talk Hyuk back to the dorm or back to their coven spot.

“Hurry up, i don’t want this to be bigger than it is” Mr Kim said rather annoyed than concerned for his student.

DongHae looked sideways at him, with rage in his eyes from the teachers comment.

 

The longer HyukJae was out, the hotter his body was getting. It was even becoming more difficult for Donghae to hold on to him through his clothes.

All eyes were on DongHae as he made his way into the hall with HyukJae in his arm, looking lifeless. Other classes began to fill the halls wondering what was happening.

“What happened?” SungMin said as he saw DongHae carrying HyukJae in his arm.

“I don’t know, he just looked off and before i knew it, he passed out.” DongHae replied.

“We don’t pass out, not without a reason” SungMin replied.

“Touch his skin” DongHae said causing SungMin to look at him in a confuse state.

SungMin did just as DongHae said and he too had to quickly remove his hand from off of HyukJae’s skin.

“Something has got to be wrong” SungMin said.

 

“KyuHyun” SungMin called out to him as he felt his presence nearby.

“Yes” he replied as he closed the gap between them as fast as he could without causing any suspicion to his speed.

“Touch Hyuk’s arm and tells me it feels hot to you” SungMin said.

“He feels warm, but not hot” Kyu replied wondering why SungMin asked him the question.

“Carry HyukJae instead” SungMin said as he looked at DongHae who clearly is pain but holding on because it is Hyuk who is in his hand.

“It’s okay, i can carry him” DongHae replied as he started to walk again.

SungMin and KyuHyun quickly got in step with him, creating an opening in the hall that is now filled with students.

 

“Hae, your arms must be burning, please let Kyu carry him. He’s going to need you after he gets through whatever this is, and knowing how much he likes you, it’s going to hurt him to know you got hurt like this for him” SungMin tried to reason.

“I don’t care...” DongHae began to reply as he notice fellow members of his coven falling into line with him. “If he’s in pain, i’ll be in pain with him” he finished saying.

 

The nurse’s office was just around the corner, “What happened to him?” “When did they become friends?” “What’s going on?” were the questions that is being heard behind them.

Just as DongHae turned the corner with HyukJae, his body flew up and out of his arm. SungMin looked back behind him at MinHo, and thats all it took.

A fog was instantly formed, blocking anyone from seeing what was happening. The water sprinklers went off in the school causing chaos in the hallway, with kids screaming in and running in the opposite direction of the fog.

Although the water was pouring down on everyone it did little to HyukJae, whose body was literally surrounded by fire.

The vampires watched in complete disbelief, never have they seen anything like this in their entire life before. The fire that encompassed HyukJae’s body seemed to be pulling out from him. His arms hung low, his back arch and feet dangling, with fire outlining his body.

DongHae crumpled to the floor as tears filled his eyes, seeing HyukJae in that state. 

 

A/N: You know after writing that post about not being able to post, i just felt really bad and decided to put together what i had jotted down. Cliffhanger sorry, but i thought why not give you a little something after a whole entire month of nothing. ***WARNING*** This is the beginning of Hyuk's pain.... it pained me to write this since he is my bias. Thank gawd he has DongHae :) till next time. I hope you guys like this update.