"I'm still here"

Within The Blood

A few days passed and everyone had heard the news that HyukJae was awake. No matter where he went he was always protected with SungMin, KyuHyun, YunHo, Key, Jjong and Tae by his side. There was an announcement at school, explaining what had took event 10 days ago on the school ground.

Everyone didn't agree with it, especially principal Jung, but HyukJae didn't want to continue putting the lives of others in danger. Everyone at S&M boarding school was all made aware that vampires were attending the school. Principal Jung, explained that this has been a long relationship that has been passed down through generation, to have vampires coincide at this school in secrecy. He explained that no harm has ever come to the students, because the vampires that goes here, is not dangerous to them.

Despite explaining that HyukJae and his friends were not dangerous, about 20 students decided that they needed to leave the school. They promised they wouldn't tell their parents, but there was no way that they would be able to stay in this school, especially after what happened.

The remaining students who stayed, were either nonchalant about it, as long as no one tried to drink their blood, they didn't care. Then there were the others that completely lost it, amazed that vampires exist and that they go to school with some of them.

HyukJae couldn't believe how things turned out. He thought for sure that the school would protest for them to get out, instead there was a lineup of girls presenting him with gifts and guys admiring him  more and more every day, as word got around that he is a pure blood vampire, the truest form of a vampire to date. All of this new found interest and admiration he was getting, went over his head. As soon as class finished and he was able to get away from his new found fans, he went to where DongHae was staying and did like he did every day.

He made sure he would bring a change of clothes for him. He had a bowl filled with water and a sponge, to wipe down his love with. He squeezed the soap onto the sponge after he dipped it in the water and began his routine. As he cleaned DongHae's body, he told him about his day of how people are asking what it's like to be a vampire and what kind of cool thing he can do. He explained to him that he never gave into their request, he just remained silent.
 

How could he be happy and answer all these questions when the one thing he wants the most was for DongHae to wake up.

 

A few more days passed and still no sign of improvement on DongHae's end. Vampires from across Korea, Japan, and China, got wind of the news about HyukJae and started showing up to pay their respect to HyukJae. This began to bring concern to principal Jung and some of the students who started noticing unfamiliar faces. SungMin took charge and advised those who wanted to see HyukJae to wait till the night time, when the school is asleep, before they showed up.

It's almost three weeks since ChangMin brought hell up on the school, three weeks since he last spoke to his lover.

All week the others have been trying to convince HyukJae to let Hae go, to prepare his heart as best as he could.

HyukJae laid down beside DongHae's still body and snuggled up as close as he possibly could. "How could they ask me to let you go?" he asked out loud as he moved DongHae's hair out his face.

They don't know how much it pains me to hear them say that. HyukJae said inside his head, as he feels a tear streaking down his face. I miss you. I miss the way you laugh, the way your lips curve up at the corners when you smile. he continued to say as he rest his head on DongHae's shoulder, as he mindlessly trace his fingers over his abdomen. "This used to make you  laugh, which would made me smile. My smile isn't the same without you" he said out loud as he laid there in silence till his eyes began to drift close.

HyukJae woke up the next day in his bed, unsure of when or how he got back to his room, but the sunlight work him up. He wondered what time it was, since the sun was already high in the sky.

HyukJae made his way to his class, the last class of the day. He found SungMin and asked him "Why didn't you wake me up"

"After finding you by DongHae's side last night, I figured you needed the extra time to sleep" SungMin replied.

"Oh, you brought me back to my room" HyukJae asked.

"Yeah I couldn't just leave you there with him like that all night." SungMin replied, remember seeing that single blood stain tear that left a trail on HyukJae's cheek.  "You can go back to your room if you want, I already talked to the teachers for you" SungMin continued saying as he lightly pat HyukJae on his back.

"Thanks Ming," HyukJae replied as he got up to leave.

 

Of course HyukJae didn't go back to his room, he went to where he wanted to be, the person he wanted to see the most in the world right now.

Conversations he wish he could have with DongHae ran through his head, he didn't want to interrupt the silence, so he said it all in his head.

I wish you would get up, so everyone would stop telling me to let you go. You wouldn't believe how much things have changed around here. Kai is being a complete player with these girls who are flocking to his side, showing off his speed for these girls.

HyukJae chuckled to himself as he realizes how crazy popular he is. You should see how these girls are making me food, giving me presents, but little do they know that you already have my heart. I can't believe that they are okay with this, I know I was freaked out by the idea, but they welcome it, he continued to shake his head in amazement as he replays the turn of events at school.

"I don't know what to do" HyukJae said out loud, as he feels the pressure of so many vampires coming to him and pledging their allegiance to him. It all seems surreal he thought to himself. It's one thing that you guys stand with me, but vampires from different countries, this is just too much for me, these thoughts kept rolling through his mind.

"I will see you tomorrow" HyukJae said as he leaned forward to kiss DongHae's forehead.

"I'm still here"

HyukJae opened his eyes and searched DongHae face for any signs, he knew that voice too well, not to know who it belongs too.

"What's wrong?" HyukJae heard another familiar voice.

"Did you hear what he just said" the pure blood answered as he turned his attention KyuHyun who was standing behind him.

"I didn't hear anything Hyuk" he replied.   

HyukJae looked down at DongHae anticipating his eyes to open any moment, but they didn't open, and nothing was said again.

"I'm going to go back to my room" HyukJae said as he walked past KyuHyun.