I'll protect you...

Within The Blood

DongHae went back to the dorm, waiting for HyukJae to return for a change. Usually he was the one out late at night, now he knows how Hyuk felt waiting for him to come in. 

 

“Why did I have to push him like that?” DongHae asked himself as he lay down on his bed. He replayed the fight scene over in his head, and then there it was the look in Hyuk’s eyes. The subtle gloss that would bring tears from his eyes, that look was engraved in DongHae’s mind.

 

DongHae turned his attention to the shinning moonlight that was seeping into his room, between the sheer curtains.

 

Time continued to pass, without any sight of HyukJae. DongHae began to get concerned, it was pass 2am and no sight of HyukJae. He couldn’t help but think something was wrong; HyukJae didn’t seem like the type to be gone over an issue like that. DongHae got up and put some clothes on to seek SungMin, in hopes of finding Hyuk’s whereabouts.

 

Knock, knock, knock, Hae made three wraps at SungMin’s door. “I know you know I am out here” DongHae said as he knocked at the door again.

 

“What?” KyuHyun said clearly annoyed, as he put his arm through his shirt.

 

“Something’s wrong” DongHae said as he pushed his way into the room. “Oh gawd” DongHae quickly covered his face as he saw SungMin in a position he wish he never saw. 

 

“What’s wrong” SungMin asked, as he put his clothes on.

 

“HyukJae hasn’t returned to the dorms yet” DongHae said as he began to pace in the room.

 

“What do you mean he has not come back to the dorm yet?” SungMin asked as he stilled DongHae from pacing.

 

“I haven’t heard or seen him, and now I’m worried” DongHae replied.

 

“And you’re just letting me know now. It’s after 2am for crying out loud. I’ve been watching him his whole life and this isn’t normal” SungMin snapped.

 

“I didn’t think it was normal either” Hae replied.

 

“How about we all take a breath” KyuHyun said as he felt the tension grows in the room.

 

“We don’t have time to take a breath, we need to find him” SungMin said as he started making his way towards the door.

 

“I guess we’re going to look for him” Kyu said as he slipped into his shoes.

 

The three of them took off through the wooded area looking for HyukJae, but they all came up empty.

 

“You should’ve let me follow him” DongHae snapped, frustrated that they still haven’t got a clue as to where Hyuk is.

 

“Please let’s not play the blame game” Kyu said, getting side looks from the both of them.

 

“He probably went to where we have our meetings, I’ll go there first” SungMin said.

 

“Wait…” DongHae said as he heard something in the distance.

 

“What?” SungMin asked as he looked around.

 

“Shhh….wait for it” DongHae replied as he turned in the direction he heard the sound.


A loud clash was heard soon after, followed by ray of light in the distance. They all looked at each other before they took off in the direction.

 

When they got to where HyukJae was trying to hold his own against four assailants, the damage could be seen. The forest has; broken trees, small craters in the ground, and ice in areas that it shouldn’t be.

 

“You go that way” SungMin mouth to DongHae first, while pointing in the direction to his left, and then told KyuHyun to go in the opposite direction.

 

SungMin’s eyes lit up crimson red; he clenched his fist together before taking off in the direction ahead of him.

 

Just as one Hyuk’s attacker took charge, SungMin intervened, grabbing him by his throat and slamming him to the ground. He quickly looked over his shoulder, to see the remainder of them.  

 

“SungMin” HyukJae said as he looked at SungMin, who still had the other vampire beneath his grasp, pushing him further into the ground.

 

Just as SungMin turned his attention HyukJae, another aggressor tried to take a run at him. Before he could do any harm, KyuHyun set him on fire. SungMin quickly backed away from the vampire who was screaming and stumbling around while on fire.

 

There was a water user amongst them, who quickly use the element to put the fire out. DongHae snuck up behind him. He didn’t stand a chance; Hae swiftly broke his neck, and then quickly went to HyukJae’s side.

 

“Get him out of here” SungMin ordered once he saw DongHae with Hyuk.

 

“We can take care of these guys” KyuHyun said taking a stand besides SungMin, as he looked back at Hyuk and Hae.

 

“Come on” DongHae said as he grabbed HyukJae by his wrist and took off.

 

 

DongHae didn’t take HyukJae back to the dorms; he took him to where they had their meetings deep into the woods.

 

“Are you okay?” DongHae said as he looked HyukJae over.

 

“Ye…yeah” HyukJae stammered, he clearly was on edge.

 

“You did great” DongHae said as he ran his hand along the right side of HyukJae’s face, which had signs of cut, but was now healed. 

“You say that now” HyukJae said as he pushed DongHae’s hand away from his face, and walked away.

 

“I’m sorry” DongHae said, understanding HyukJae’s words. “I know I was wrong, and I really am sorry” DongHae tried to plea to HyukJae.

 

“You made me feel like I wasn’t good enough” HyukJae said as he turned his attention back to Hae. “Everyone was impressed, while you…” his emotions were getting the best of him. He was beginning to shake, he couldn’t even look at Hae, and he didn’t want to cry in front of him again, not over something like this.

 

“You just took on four vampires, by yourself and held your own” DongHae began to say as he tried to move closer to HyukJae. “You get better every time, it’s not that you’re not good enough” Hae continued to say as he reached out for Hyuk’s right hand. “I’ve seen how vicious vampires can be, and I just don’t want you to get hurt.” DongHae finished saying as he wrapped his arms around HyukJae.

 

HyukJae stood still taking in DongHae’s words, and the warmth that was comforting him.

 

“Not many of us could’ve done what you did.” DongHae said as he kissed the nape of HyukJae’s neck. “I really am proud of you, and I am sorry if I made you feel like you weren’t doing a good job” He finished saying by holding tighter to HyukJae while lightly kissing his neck.

 

“Why do they want to hurt me?” HyukJae asked as he turned to face DongHae.

 

“There’s always someone who wants more power than they should have, there doesn’t have to be a real reason.” DongHae replied and then gently kissed HyukJae on his lips. “I’ll do my best to protect you, I won’t let anyone hurt you” DongHae said as he ran his hand along HyukJae’s cheeks.

 

“Sorry to interrupt” SungMin said as him and KyuHyun stood in the opening of the room.

 

“It’s okay” HyukJae said as he wiped his eyes and faced turned his attention to them.

 

“You need to drink your father’s blood.” SungMin said as he walked towards Hyuk and Hae. “You will become stronger, and you will get a better insight on who were up against.” He finished saying.

 

“Okay, nothing weird will happen to me after doing that right?” Hyuk asked nervously.

 

“You will have the memories passed down from your bloodline from the very beginning. It will be overwhelming with some of the things you see, but you need to know.” SungMin replied looking at him in all seriousness. “The memories will come in waves. For your father it was like déjà vu for him, he didn’t get them till he was in a similar situation, and sometimes they just came on its own. You don’t have anything to worry about, you have us. We’ve sworn to protect you, and that is what intends to do.” SungMin said as he kneeled before HyukJae holding the vile of his father’s blood in hand.

 

KyuHyun and DongHae kneeled as well, leaving HyukJae standing alone and feeling touched that they are making such a vow to him, when they’ve only known each other for almost a month.yHyH

 

A/N: So i finally got to update after kcon and packing to move. hopefully i can update on sunday again after i move but its hectic with school and what not. I'll try my best to update once a week, i dont want to keep you guys hanging and i actually like my own story OTL...kekeke i hope u like the update

p.s added this photo bc i really loved all of the pics that came out in this shoot. seeing it made me write :) *my attempt at editing* fail....