I thought it was for the best....

Within The Blood

For the next couple of days everyone was on edge. The school was put on curfew, which made the students wonder, and started to spread rumors as to what might be happening.

 

“This isn’t something I thought I would ever suggest, but is there any way you can get more protection for the school” Mr. Jung threw out there to SungMin, who stood with DongHae, HyukJae and Yunho.

 

“When you say protection, you mean more vampires” Yunho retorted.

 

“Yes, loyal ones of course” the principal replied.

 

“That’s the thing we don’t know who will be loyal, especially since we thought that his blood line was wiped out” SungMin answered this time.

 

“Aren’t you guys bound to him or something like that?” The principal lashed out with anger in fear of his students lives.

 

“Only to those who submit to him” SungMin began to say. “It’s not like he knows how to do everything his predecessors could do before. His power we have no clue how much he actually wields and how he can control it. It’s not the best idea to bring in new faces and they turn out to be one of ChangMin guy’s” SungMin explained.

 

“So how do we protect the school from what is to come?” Mr. Jung asked.

 

“We will protect it” DongHae said.

 

“How?” the principal asked.

 

“We’re not your typical, blood drinking vampires, some of us have special abilities” DongHae said with a proud smile on his face.

 

“What do you mean?” Mr. Jung asked with a confused look on his face.

 

“For instance, me,” DongHae said as he pointed at himself “I can see inside of peoples mind, what they think about, but more importantly what it is they fear the most.”

 

“Okay...” the principal replied not believing DongHae at all.

 

“And I can do this” YunHo said as he started moving his index finger in a circular motion on the floor, creating a small whirl wind on the floor.

 

“What the...” Mr Jung started to say as he took a step back. “If you guys can do that, imagine what they can do” he said nervously.

 

“Yes they will have power over the elements as well, but we have the upper hand here. Many of us have seen battles and came out of it alive, wounded, but alive.” SungMin began to say. “There will be causalities without a doubt, but it doesn’t mean that we will be walked over without putting up a damn good fight.” The other vampires nodded their head in agreement with SungMin’s words.

 

“The other advantage we have is that, HyukJae is a pure blood, and he contains all four elements, which they might not know. So we have that” DongHae said.

 

“Why wouldn’t they know?” Mr. Jung asks.

 

“Not all pure bloods are born with all the elements, some of them are only born with one or two at most. Only a few pure bloods have been giving the gifts that HyukJae and his father possess" SungMin explained.

 

“I’m not a master at controlling the elements but I am getting better” HyukJae began to say as a cough stopped his speech.

 

“You okay?” DongHae asked as he turned and looked at HyukJae from hearing the hoarse cough.

 

“Ye...” Hyuk began to reply and was stop midway when he coughed again and water began flying out of his mouth.  

 

He dropped to the floor, holding his body up on his hands and knees, as water continued to flow out of his mouth.

 

“What the hell is happening?” Mr. Jung asked, as he looked at HyukJae on the floor surrounded by water that seemed impossible to have come from him.

 

The vampires fell to their knees trying to see what was happening to HyukJae. They quickly turned him over as DongHae held him from behind trying to make him sit down.

 

“Stop, that’s making it worse” SungMin cried out in horror, as he saw HyukJae gagging on water that seemed to be never ending. They quickly turn HyukJae back over but they held him up as he began to pass out.

 

 

Just like before with the fire, this time HyukJae was experiencing another one of ancestors being killed, and drained of their power. The piece of cloth above the unknown face and water running down in that direction with an endless supply of water, started to make it hard for HyukJae.

“Why is this happening to me?” HyukJae said to himself as he felt the torture as if it was him. His hair soaked from the water, that wasn’t touching him, but of the person who he doesn’t know.

 

“We all went through this” A deep voice is heard from behind HyukJae.

 

HyukJae turns around in complete surprise, to see a tall handsome man he doesn’t recall at all smiling at him.

 

“Who are you?” HyukJae asked.

 

“I am just a mere thought that was left in this memory, someone like you” the man replied.

 

“Are you a vampire too?” HyukJae asked, still not sure to make of what is happening. Before he could see it all but no one could talk to him then.

 

“I am not just a vampire, I am a pure blood” he replied.

 

“You said we all went through this, what is this” Hyuk asked.

 

“This is our dark story, the story that shows that there is evil out there and that we must overcome them.” He replied.

 

“You mean ChangMin?” HyukJae asked.

 

“He wasn’t always like that, he use to be my best friend” the pure blood replied.

 

“Best friend..?” HyukJae said as complete confusion took him over.

 

“He was my brother and your uncle” the pure blood replied.

 

My brother... your uncle” those words echoed in HyukJae’s mind over and over again. HyukJae shook his head in denial, how could he be his father, when he doesn’t remember anything about him. And what kind of family would kill their own, HyukJae couldn’t stop shaking his head.

 

“Nothing you are saying is making sense” HyukJae finally said to the figure that stood before him.

 

“I know it seems crazy, but my dying wish was for you to live a normal life, I never wanted you to be in this world.” HyukJae’s father began to say as he took a step towards HyukJae. “I’ve seen what power and greed can do to us that is why I hid you away in the human world.”

 

“If you’re really my father, how come I don’t remember anything about you” HyukJae spat out as he took a step away from the figure before him.

 

“As you can see, before I learned about my powers to control elements, I was able to see things I knew I shouldn’t know. As I get older I learned how to do much more than that, I learned how to make people forget, and no this isn’t the same as compulsion, it’s much bigger than that” HyukJae’s father explained.

 

“How could you rob me of my memories?” HyukJae asked.

 

“I thought it was for the best....” He began to take a step closer towards HyukJae again. “I didn’t want your last memory of me to be the one where you sat in my own pool of blood before I died” he continued to say as his eye began to water. “You were my pride and joy. For six years you followed me blindly, and did everything I did. So many proud moments, I had to take from you, just so you didn’t have that one bad moment....” he paused to control his tone, as his voice became shaky.

 

HyukJae couldn’t find the words to reply, he just stared at the man before him filled with emotions.

 

“Do not take your uncle lightly, he’s powerful...” HyukJae’s father said as he touched the side of HyukJae’s right cheek. “But you are more powerful than the rest of us. I knew it since the day you were born. Just believe in yourself and everything will fall into place perfectly.”  A tear trickled down the side of Hyuk’s face. “Now wake up and prepare for the fight of your life”

 

Everything faded around HyukJae, only darkness surround him, until he heard his voice.

 

“I’m right here, you’re okay” he heard DongHae’s voice as he felt a hand on his cheeks like moments ago.

 

A/N after a couple months of nothing i finally update this story.