"But...you're not him"

Within The Blood

It's been a week since S&M Boarding school was attacked by ChangMin and his vampires. The betrayal of JaeJoong is still fresh in everyone's mind, especially YunHo. He thought he knew him best, but he was wrong.

For the past six days, so much chaos was going on around the school, students freaking out, new vampires showing up to be in the presence of the pure blood. Although so many claimed they wanted to pledge their allegiance, after hearing about this big battle, SungMin and his fellow vampires couldn't trust them. He made sure HyukJae was protected at all times, and only the ones who were there from the start could see him.

The room started to spin as his eyes began to open, he tried to feel around for something, anything, to try and balance himself.

"Easy there" a voice said, as hands steadied him, into a seated position.

"Huh" he replied sounding very groggily.

"Hyung, he's awake" the familiar voice called out to another.

SungMin ran to Hyuk's side to help sit him up, like Kyu was doing on the other side. "Quite a scare you gave us" Ming said as he let out a breath of relief.

"Where's DongHae?" Hyuk asked, as he scanned the area and couldn't find his lover anywhere.

"He's..." Kyu tried to answer, but looking at Hyuk's face that only grew with worry as each second passed.

"He hasn't woken up yet" SungMin finally said after a long silent fell between them.

"Where is he, I need to see him?" HyukJae said as he tried to stand, pushing SungMin and KyuHyun arms off of him. He only made it a couple steps, before his legs gave way on him.

"You can see him, after you feed" the blonde vampire said as he helped HyukJae back to the bed. "He needs blood" he said to KyuHyun.

"Okay I'll be back" KyuHyun said as he left in a hurry.

 

"Ming, how bad is he?" Hyuk finally asked after sitting a few minute of silence.

"I don't know" he replied honestly.

"Do you think he will wake up?" he asked again.

"No one has ever done what you did." Ming answered as he looked in HyukJae's eyes, not sure how to put his mind at ease.

"It's just that..." SungMin's words were cut off as KyuHyun made his way back with a big black bag.

"I thought you went to get blood" HyukJae asked as he stared at KyuHyun with questioning eyes.

"I did" he opened the bag to see baggies of a blood in them.

"Don't tell me you just stole blood from a hospital" HyukJae said clearing judging KyuHyun.

"Not all from the same hospital, I made sure I went to a few, so they wouldn't be too low on blood." KyuHyun tried to reason as he started walking towards Hyuk. "You've been out for a while and we don't know how much blood you needed so I made sure I stalked up" he finished saying.

"You shouldn't have done that" HyukJae began to argue. "Those blood bag you took, could cause someone a life."

"I know what you are saying HyukJae, but this was for the best" SungMin chimed in. "if it's any consolation we asked principal Jung to do a blood drive, and a lot of the students are donating."

"No that doesn't make things better. There is always someone sacrificing something on my behalf. Look at Hae now..." feelings started to wash over him as it all became so much. Images flashing before his eyes, as the battle replayed, all the blood, all the pain that everyone went through, was all because of him.

SungMin and KyuHyun looked at each other back and forth with confusion as they turned their attention back to HyukJae.

"What, have you never seen someone cry?" HyukJae asked as he wiped his face.

"It's not that," Ming said as he pointed to HyukJae's hand where he just wiped his face with.

"what the hell?" HyukJae said as he looked at his hand that should have just been wet from salty tears, instead it was blood smeared on his hand.

"I don't know, but drink this" KyuHyun said as he handed him a blood bag.

 

KyuHyun and SungMin left the room to give HyukJae space as he feed. "Have you ever seen anything like that before?" KyuHyun asked.

"Once, but never thought much of it" SungMin replied.

"When?" Kyu pried.

"Right before his father gave him a new life" was all SungMin said as he walked away, with so much thoughts running through his head.

 

Later that night, HyukJae finally got to see DongHae. He couldn't believe the sight, "why did no one changed his close?" asked more to himself than anyone. The blood stain shirt that's barely holding on, shows sign of each wound that was inflicted on him.

More bloody tears rolled down HyukJae's face as he took hold of his lovers hand. "You need to get up, you hear me. I can't lose you like this"  He said as he brought Hae's bloodied hand to his lips and kissed it.

The pain seemed unbearable, it was too much. The smile he wished would appear on DongHae's face right now, was just a straight line, face at complete ease. HyukJae clutched his chest, as he remember how DongHae smiled at him as he was  saying his goodbye.

HyukJae cried in silence beside DongHae's side as he replayed everything the two of them has been through over his short stay at this school. He couldn't help but think of the moments they could share going forward.

"You can't do this to yourself" SungMin's voice caught him off guard, making him spin around fast.

"I can't do what" he replied in an angry tone.

"You can't beat yourself up, about this...." SungMin paused as he takes in just how broken his pure blood looked.  "He wouldn't want you to be like this" SungMin continued to say as he looked at DongHae's still body.

"But it's my fault he is like this, it's my fault that everything went to hell here" HyukJae began to cry, breathing rapidly. "Do you have any idea how I am feeling right now?" HyukJae asked. "I didn't ask for any of this. I didn't ask to find love only for it to be ripped away from me, in the most brutal way" HyukJae's hands began to shake. "I don't know how to process any of this...." HyukJae paused to try and control his emotions. "How do I do this without him" he finished saying as his body collapsed, overwhelmed with emotions.

SungMin went to HyukJae's side, pulling him to his arm, holding him tight. "It's okay, you just need time" Ming said trying to soothe the other as he ran his hand down the back of his head. "You've got me, I will try and help you the best I can okay" he continued to say.

"But.... you're not him" was all HyukJae could reply before more tears continued to spill down his face.