i'll do it

Within The Blood

The emotions that flooded his brain, was becoming overwhelming. Throughout the whole entire day, he struggled with the decision he needed to make. Saturday went by with him barely leaving his room. He tried to eat but could barely keep anything down.

 

DongHae and SungMin stayed by his side off and on, while the other Vampires discussed what to do next. No one knew the kind of danger that maybe coming their way depending on the decision that HyukJae makes.

 

Sunday night was rolling down; it was almost time for him to make his decision. “Are you willing to die rather than believe that you are a supernatural being” DongHae’s word replayed in HyukJae’s head.

 

He doesn’t really have a choice; his body was at his limit. SungMin had no idea how many more episodes his body could handle. The platinum blonde was surprised he lasted as long as he did considering that his vampire side has been breaking through more and more.

 

 

“Hey” DongHae said as he made his way back into the room.

 

“Hi” HyukJae replied as he looked up to see DongHae.

 

“How are you doing with all this?” DongHae asked.

 

“I don’t know to be honest.” Hyuk retorted.

 

“I know it can’t be easy to accept any of this what we are saying, but it’s the truth.” DongHae said as he went to Hyuk’s side of the room.

 

“Why me though?” Hyuk asked more to himself than DongHae.

 

“I don’t know, but I think its great that you’re a part of us” DongHae said with a smile.

 

“Why?” HyukJae looked up a bit confused.

 

“Just because” DongHae said as he made his way towards his bed.

 

“Okay” the strawberry blonde said as he lay back down on his bed.

 

 

The night wound down, the group got together in their hideout discussing what they would need to do to help Hyuk with his transition if he decides to follow through.

 

“He’s much stronger than us, when he turns why would he need our protection?” Kai asked.

 

“He’s going to need help with his transition, learn how to control his powers, as well as his thirst” SungMin said in reply.

 

“I can help him” DongHae said as he stepped up amongst the vamps.

 

“That’s good, thanks Hae” SungMin said.

 

“I will too” KyuHyun said as he shyly looked in SungMin’s direction.

 

“Thank you, KyuHyun that’s very nice of you” SungMin replied with a small smile playing on his lips.

 

“The rest of you, please keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary.” SungMin continued to say. “As we all know, he hasn’t fed, which means that when he turns, he will be hungry and wanting to quench his thirst. We will need to watch out for those moments, yes he can feed but not to the point of draining anyone at this school. We do not need to cause unwanted attention. Do you understand?” SungMin asked after the forewarning.

 

“Does that mean we are allowed to use our powers, out in open?” Key asked.

 

“Yes you can but not how you are thinking” SungMin replied.

 

“What you mean is that if we need to make someone forget what they saw, that’s when we can use our powers, right” JaeJoong said.

 

“Yes, that is exactly what I mean” SungMin replied. “When we took residency in this school we promised that we would not show who we really are, unless there was imminent threat that would help protecting this school. Nothing’s changed”

 

 

The room fell silent as HyukJae entered the room.

 

“How’d you get here?” SungMin asked breaking the silence.

 

“I don’t know, I just kept walking till I got here” HyukJae replied.

 

“Have you made a decision?” DongHae asked.

 

HyukJae took a long look around the room, trying to remember all the faces. Although they didn’t look different to him before, they did now. He didn’t have to struggle to see the slight hint of red that is always there in their eyes, or how pale their skins were.

 

“I have one condition to all of this.” HyukJae finally responded to DongHae’s question.

 

“Condition” JaeJoong repeated as the rest of the vampires look around in confusion.

 

“And what’s that” SungMin asked.

 

“Don’t let me be one of those blood thirsty vampires that we see on tv or movies” HyukJae said shyly.

 

“That’s it” DongHae said causing an irruption of laughter around the room.

 

“But I am serious” HyukJae said through a pout as he looked at the others laughing at his condition.

 

“You’re so cute” DongHae said as he walked towards HyukJae. “Don’t worry; I’ll be by your side”

 

“So how do I become like one of you” HyukJae asked, focusing on SungMin.

 

“You’re going to need to drink blood” SungMin said with a serious tone in his voice.

 

HyukJae became wide eyed, but he knew this would happen. He knew that much at least, Vampires crave blood; it’s what his body was killing him for.

 

“I thought one of you would just bite me and I would be like you guys” HyukJae replied with a shaky voice.

 

“You’re not like the rest of us” SungMin began to say. “This blood that I have kept in secret for this moment, will awaken the side I have put to sleep all these years.” Chills ran throughout HyukJae’s body as SungMin spoke. “Everything that you’re unsure of will come to pass. Everything that you might want to know, you will know. Answers that’s you’ve been waiting for are all within the blood.”

 

“Whose blood is it?” Hyukjae asked.

“Your blood and your fathers blood” SungMin replied.

 

“They’re mixed?” HyukJae asked feeling somewhat disgusted at the idea of drinking two different bloods at the same time on top of the thought of drinking it at all.

 

“No, tonight is for you to drink your own blood and awaken your true form.” SungMin replied.

 

“Then what about the other blood?” Hyuk probed.

 

“That is for when you want to know more about your bloodline” SungMin retorted.

 

“Oh…” HyukJae replied as several thoughts flooded his head. Did he really want to know, was the first thing that popped in his head.

 

“Hey” DongHae said with a slight nudge to HyukJae’s shoulder, pulling him out of his train of thought. “It’s going to be okay, look around” DongHae said gesturing with his hand around the room, “we’re all here for you”.

 

“Okay” HyukJae said looking at the faces in the room, feeling a bit better, even though he doenst know them well at all, but something told him he could trust them. “I’ll do it.” Hyuk said.

 

It took SungMin mere seconds to go and get the vile of blood and return to everyone.

 

“I suggest you drink it all in one go” SungMin said as he handed him the small bottle of blood.

Just as SungMin suggested, he drank it all in one go. The salty copper taste of the blood filled his mouth running down through his throat. He didn’t have the urge to gag like he thought he would’ve, his body welcomed it.

 

“Your new life begins now” SungMin said and then snapped HyukJae’s neck before he could reply or try to avoid him.

 

Gasp and shocked expressions filled the room at the sudden attack.

 

“Now we must protect him no matter what, they will know and come for him.” SungMin warned the Vampires.

A/N: Sry for late update. taking a risk updating this at work. i hope u guys like