Bang's Slight Dilemma

The Undomestic Nanny

Chapter 31

After Himchan left his apartment abruptly, Yongguk stood dumbfounded for a long moment before allowing himself to wake from his slight trance. Himchan sure seemed pretty excited about meeting up with Annie for breakfast, he thought. He didn't feel too comfortable about it. Why would Annie call Himchan, of all people? He wondered.

 

Sighing, he made his way into his bedroom to get dressed for work. Maybe work would help him keep his mind off of what was probably happening at the moment between Himchan and Annie. But then a part of him contemplated on whether he should make an unexpected visit to the cafe and maybe they'll allow him to join them. It sounded full proof but he had to come up with a pretty valid reason just to go.

 

Laying back down on his bed, he stared up at the ceiling considering his options. “Oh, I was just driving by and realized I haven't eaten breakfast... No,” he shook his head running his hand over his face. “That won't work. Think, Bang, think...” he sat up then looked around hoping he can gain inspiration for a valid excuse. “I didn't expect to see you guys here! What a coincidence!” he chuckled awkwardly then facepalmed himself. “Sure, you're brilliant, Bang. Way to make yourself look like a ,” he grunted in frustration.

 

Just then, his eyes soon landed on his dresser. As if a light bulb was flashing, he immediately walked over to it and opened it revealing Annie's lost journal. Smiling to himself, he has officially found a valid reasoning to go see them. “Of course! How could I forget?” he chuckled to himself, tucking the hardcover notebook into his jacket pocket then heading out the door.

 


He soon parked outside of the cafe and turned off the car, leaning back against his seat. However, second thoughts began to scour his train of thought as he stopped himself from going further. Yongguk decided to wait a moment to weigh out his options for now. It would seem kind of fishy, especially to his best friend, about his sudden appearance at the cafe where he'd be meeting Annie. Unless, he observed from afar and wait for the right time to go inside and see her. That sounded like a better idea, he thought.

 

So in order to appear as discreet as possible, he reached inside his glove compartment for a pair of sunglasses then put them on. He had a pretty good view of Annie sitting at a table by the window reading a thick book. She looked entranced and he had to admit, she did look cute when she was focused. So she was a reader, he thought. No wonder she writes so well, he noted thinking back to the entries he'd read when he had her journal.

 

He then saw a black car pull into the lot parked further away from him and Himchan stepped out straightening his clothing then he made his way inside. He could have sworn Himchan glanced his way but then Yongguk was probably just being paranoid. Shifting his attention back to Annie, she clearly looked happy to see his best friend as he settled across from her. Jongup was also inside doing his job taking down their orders then walking off. Once he was gone, Himchan turned his attention over to the thick book and it seemed like they were talking about it. Then of course, Himchan must have said something wrong for her to glare at him. Yongguk snickered when he saw Himchan rubbing his shin. Annie must have kicked him from under the table. “Serves him right,” Yongguk muttered to himself as he continued to watch on.

 

As he tried his best to observe the situation, he was soon startled by a knock on the window of his car. Then a face suddenly appeared prompting him to flinch in his seat. “Oh !” he panted clutching his hand over his chest. He turned to find Zelo eying him curiously. Turning on the car, he rolled down the window.

 

Bang Yongguk hyung?” Zelo managed to say.

 

Surprise,” Yongguk greeted him nonchalantly.

 

What are you doing out here?” he asked curiously cocking his head to the side. “Why don't you go inside?”

 

Listen, Zelo,” he said glancing back towards Annie and Himchan. “Don't tell anyone I'm here. I'm trying to remain incognito.”

 

Incog-- What?” Zelo scratched his head in confusion, his voice was loud enough to cause a commotion.

 

Shhh!” he hissed at the young guy, placing his index finger over his lips. “Get in the car and shut up!” He demanded.

 

The younger guy obediently complied and settled into the passenger's seat. Zelo's legs were too long to fit into the space so Yongguk reached over to adjust the seating. “Thanks hyung,” he grinned admiring the interior of the sports car in astonishment. “Wow... I've never been in an expensive car before!”

 

Well, now here you are,” Yongguk said indifferently, then glanced back at Annie and Himchan.

 

Why are you sitting in your car in the parking lot, hyung?” Zelo asked once again. “Aren't you supposed to go inside to eat?”

 

I'm not here to eat, Zelo,” Yongguk informed him.

 

Then, what are you doing here?” asked the young man wearily looking around the near empty parking lot.

 

Yongguk turned his attention to his best friend and the girl across from him. “I'm just... here deciding what it is I want to eat,” he said, trying to find a valid excuse. “That's all.”

 

Clearly unconvinced, Zelo followed Yongguk's gaze towards Annie and Himchan inside the cafe, then realization had seemed to hit him. “So you're here to see Annie noona?” he finally asked.

 

Defeated, Yongguk nodded slowly. “Maybe...” he muttered.

 

Then, why don't you go inside?” he suggested. “I'm sure she would be glad to see you.”

 

I can't, Zelo,” Yongguk replied. “It's not as easy as you think. She's with another guy.”

 

Looking back, Zelo eyed the older guy in confusion. “Himchan hyung? But isn't he your best friend?”

 

Yep,” he nodded.

 

But wouldn't Himchan hyung also be glad to see you? I mean you are his best friend,” said Zelo matter-of-factly.

 

That's right, Zelo,” said Yongguk. “But, it's not as easy as you think.”

 

Why?” Zelo uttered.

 

It's complicated,” replied Yongguk.

 

How?”

 

Losing his patience, Yongguk snapped. “IT'S COMPLICATED, OKAY?!” he exclaimed impatiently. As a result, the teenage boy grew startled. Feeling guilty, Yongguk relaxed. “Look kid, I'm really sorry for going off on you.”

 

Scratching his head in confusion, Zelo nodded slowly. “Uh, it's okay hyung,” he finally said, then unlocking the door he turned to Yongguk, “I should get going before Lucy noona and Jongup hyung start worrying. They still think I'm still taking out the trash,” he said matter-of-factly, “Anyways, it's nice seeing you, hyung.”

 

Right back at you, Zelo,” Yongguk said flashing his gummy smile.

 

If you need anything, I'll be inside,” he said before walking away. “See you later, hyung!”

 

Yongguk watched on as the tall young man made his way back inside the cafe. When he shifted his attention over towards the table where Himchan and Annie had sat, he saw that it was already empty. Sighing, he leaned back against the seat of his car then reached inside the glove compartment for Annie's journal. Maybe next time I won't forget, he thought.

 

However, his thoughts were soon interrupted when he was awaken by the sound of a car door closing. Looking through his rear view mirror, he spotted Himchan walking over to the driver side of his car with Annie settling into the passenger seat. Himchan then started the car and began to pull out of the parking lot. Yongguk scoffed as soon as they were out of view, realizing he had missed yet another opportunity.


 

You saw Yongguk outside?” Lucy repeated as soon as Zelo told her and Jongup what had happened just moments after Himchan and Annie left.

 

Zelo nodded innocently. “I couldn't understand why he didn't just come inside,” he said.

 

That's odd,” remarked Lucy, scratching her head in confusion.

 

I wonder if he saw Himchan reaching over to hold Annie noona's hand,” Jongup blurted out.

 

Zelo and Lucy turned to gape at him. “What are you talking about, Jongup?” Lucy asked accusingly. “What is it I hear about Himchan holding my best friend's hand? Hmm? Spill it!” she demanded which in turn startled the shy one.

 

Jongup stiffened then found himself cowering in fear. “I-I just saw--”

 

Noona, I think you're scaring Jonguppie hyung,” Zelo reasoned which prompted Lucy to finally relax.

 

Chuckling awkwardly, she patted Jongup's back reassuringly. “Right, sorry kid,” she said. “I'm just really overprotective of my best friend, that's all. And now hearing about two hot guys after her makes me worry, you know.”

 

It's okay, we understand, noona,” Jongup said chuckling nervously. “I think she was crying which was why Himchan hyung was holding her hand.”

 

She was crying?” Lucy furrowed her brows in confusion. “No wonder her eyes looked a bit puffy. I should just shoot her a text just to check up on her. In the meantime, you two get to work!” she snapped her fingers in an authoritative way.

 

Yes, ma'am,” the boys saluted her then continued on with their respective jobs.

 

Hey, Jongup saw you crying earlier... Is everything okay? Text or call me when you can. Cheer up and smile, pretty lady! Love you! Lucy sighed as she placed her phone back into her pocket then went about her usual work alongside the younger boys.


A/N: Hello again! I finally updated! Sorry it's a little late. I've had a pretty busy weekend. This chapter is a little short... Sorry I couldn't make it a little longer but this is mainly Bang focused and a bit of BangLo for all you shippers out there! I thought their little interaction in this chapter was kind of light and funny. Sorry if it seems a little boring but I'll try my best to update again. I'm glad I have Tuesday off so I can watch the BADMAN mv in time! I can't wait! In the meantime, enjoy! ^^ Don't mind the minor errors... I didn't do any proofreading so I apologize! >.<