Black Pearl 3

Black Pearl

https://youtu.be/onCXlkfK2hk

 

 

Chanyeol ran desperately as the anaconda chased him with its long venomous fangs trying to get a hold of him. The jungle was endless, twigs, bushes and plants scratching his skin but he couldn’t stop running. He was growing tired but the giant snake kept on getting faster and faster. His lungs were overheating and his heart finding the right moment to explode from the adrenaline and exhaustion. His throat was dry and hurting due to his heavy breathing as he kept on running.

 

Then, he saw a light and rushed to it. The said light took him out of the jungle and the snake disappeared from the dark forest behind him. He sighed in relief and turned to continue his escape when a cliff greeted his sight. He was an inch away from falling and with a startled gasp, he stepped back.

 

"Phew. That was close." He panted and turned back only to be greeted by a girl wearing animal fur and leaves.

“You’re sweating.” She reached her arms to his face holding a cloth and wiped his sweat forehead causing him to step back and fall into the cliff.






 

"AHH!" He bolted up on his bed. His eyes wide in shock, breathing uneven and clothes soaked in sweat. That shocking moment when you dreamt of falling and waking up like you just did was the exact feeling Chanyeol was feeling that moment.

 

It was just a dream. He composed himself before his eyes wandered the foreign place he was in. Some kind of hut full of plants and animal fur.

 

Where am I? He tried to sit up and dizzily managed to.

 

Then, Toto came in brushing his body to the knitted dry hay that was serving as a curtain or door. The baby cheetah jumped on the bed and washed the man's face with tongue trying to groom the him making Chanyeol smile.

 

"Woah! It's okay buddy, I'm alright." He told the cub and petted it as it sat on his lap. "But where are we?Is this her house? Do you live with her?" He bombarded the little one with questions like it could answer them all.

 

Then, another came into the room; it was the girl earlier.

 

She stopped at the entrance and stared at the man sitting on her 'nest', blinking at him as the man did the same.

 

"Okay?" She asked in a language that is very familiar to the man; Hangul.

 

It took a while for Chanyeol to respond at the question as he was busy taking in the sight behold him.

 

She's a beautiful young lady, probably his age or younger. Her skin looks soft but her hands and feet are filled with calluses and dirt. Her long dark hair wasn't kept but despite that, the girl still looked amazing.

She's wearing a big folded leaf sewed together with coconut leaf's spine enough to cover her upper body but still reveals her belly and an animal fur covering her lower body looking like a fur mini skirt.

 

Chanyeol kept on looking at her in awe, his mouth slightly agape.

 

Beautiful.


 

The girl tilted her head sideward as she was confused of the man's behavior. Is he still sick? Or is he hungry? She tried to understand this creature that is similar to her but she couldn’t. This is the first time she has seen one of her kind and it was confusing her. Why won't they understand each other just like the other animals of the same race do? Even a wag of tail is understood to them.

 

Then, an idea came to her mind. She remembered that whenever she felt ill, her body heats up and sometimes she couldn't think well. Maybe this creature was going through that.

 

With the assumption of Chanyeol being unwell, she walked towards the man and reached for the man's nape shocking the Chanyeol who forgot to breathe due to the sudden skin contact.

She pulled the man towards her and she leaned to place her forehead on his to feel the temperature better and with the thinking that, maybe, she could understand him if they do that, just like the elephants and some animals that communicate by bumping their head together.

 

Strange, his body isn't heating up and I still can't understand him. She said to herself as she stayed in that position studying the sensation and the movements of the other, experimenting and trying on how they could somehow communicate.



 

Meanwhile, Chanyeol was frozen in his spot, butterflies and electric shocks messing with his whole body. His mind couldn't process anything as the only thing he was conscious of was that their foreheads touching. He can feel her breath touch his lips and her eyes looking through him. But then, he was startled when the girl leaned back and shook her head in disappointment with her failed attempts to communicate.


 

"T-talk?" She asked making Chanyeol flinch. Her voice was the sweetest thing Chanyeol’s ears have ever heard and the innocence coming from it was evident.

 

"I... I can." He managed to blurt out as he kept his head down trying to hide his blushing face. The girl's voice lightened up.

"Oh!!” He understands me! She said in amazement while Chanyeol was confused.

"Are you from here?" He managed to ask and the girl thought for a minute before she opened to respond.

"Ho-home." The girl replied and turned to the exit. "Food!" She said making the man raise a brow in her way of speech and watched her go outside.

 

What a strange girl. But didn't they say that this is an inhabited island? He asked himself and turned to the cub that was still lying on his lap. "Do you know her? Why is she here?" He, again, begun to flood the young cheetah with questions.


 

After a while, the girl came back and Chanyeol felt a little better, although hungry.

"Stand?" She asked the him and he nodded. He stood up and the girl led him outside making Chanyeol's jaw drop at the site. She’s living right beside the waterfall he saw the other day. There, he saw many things he failed to see the other day. Different kinds of birds, monkeys, and more animals were there for clean water.

 

"You eat! Eat!" The girl shouted, still not sure on how she’s going to communicate while Chanyeol lose himself from the sight.

 

Chanyeol turned to see a big rock serving as a table with a baby monkey fixing all different kinds of foods. He watched how the baby monkey separated the berries, from the watery fruits, the edible insects to the dried fish and squid which amazed him.

 

"Paba." The girl called for the baby monkey and it turned to her before running to her arms. "Wuuu, hooohh." She cooed making Chanyeol smile, knowing that she might've said thank you to the baby animal. "You. Eat!" She repeated and went to the table sitting on the big rock.

Chanyeol stood there baffled. He thought it was supposed to be a table but it seems like it was a big picnic table. Or that is, if the girl’s even aware of what a table is.

 

The girl did an Indian sit almost revealing the skin under her skirt if it wasn't for the baby money who sat between her legs covering the sight making the man sigh in relief.

Chanyeol went to sit on the opposite side of the rock and took an unfamiliar fruit. He stared at it for a while but he turned at the girl who spoke. "Eat." She assured. "Paba food good." She added.

Chanyeol nodded at her, believing what she said and took a bite of the food. But then, a frown came across his face when he started to chew the said edible food, it was bitter. What the ?

Annyeong yeorobeun ~
3rd chappie
Are you having fun reading it?
I'll update the rest tomorrow
Love me well <3 ~