The bestest best friend

Addicted to his kiss
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Your browser does not support iframes.

 

A/N I changed the poll because the previous one made it to the home page and a lot of people voted for 'HyoHan? What's that?'. I created that option for fun but wth! -_-. Do vote again :)

Enjoy Reading ^_^

"How do you know him?" Yuri asked in a hushed voice.

[flashback]

"Kai?!" Her eyes bulged out seeing the guy in front of her.

"Long time no see Hyo." The now blonde guy smirked.

"Wh..Why? How? When?" She was bewildered.

Kai chuckled seeing his bestfriend's reaction. "I joined today. Have been busy for more than a week trying to transfer schools, find an apartment to stay and move in." He explained.

Hyoyeon just stared at Kai and didn't respond for a while. Then she scoffed and turned around without responding. Kai was stunned to see her reaction but immediately ran after her calling her name.

"Hyo wait!" He caught her arm to stop her. 

"Release my hand Kai." She said in a stern voice. "Hyo listen to me. Please." Kai pleaded.

"I said release me." She tugged her hand. "I don't want to talk to you right now."

Being her best friend, Kai knew that the apt way to deal with a mad Hyoyeon was to leave her alone and give her sometime to cool down. Though reluctantly, he released her hand.

"I will see you after class." He said and walked past her and the hoard of students who had gathered in the hallway.

[end of flashback]

Hyoyeon stabbed the rice on her plate with the fork. "He is a friend of mine." She said in a low voice.

"Really? You two seem like you are more than friends."

Hyoyeon sighed heavily. She looked up from her food at Yuri. "Yes, we are more than friends."

"Mwo?" The maknae was shocked. It even caught Kris's attention who was not paying much attention to the girls' conversation.

Yuri gasped. "You two are going out?"

"No. We are more than friends. We are best friends." Hyoyeon shook her head and turned her attention back to the food.

"Are you talking about the guy who has been looking at you all this time?" Kris made a small gesture with his hands to a particular direction. Hyoyeon looked and met eyes with Kai. He looked like he was concerned about her. Hyoyeon immediately looked away. "That's him." She muttered.

     She felt bad for avoiding him. But she was furious about the fact that he didn't attend her calls nor contacted her for over a week. Above all that, he dyed his hair blonde! Blonde doesn't suit Kai!

Seeing the blonde girl angrily poking her food, the girls and Kris decided not to ask her any more about her so called best friend.  Yuri and Seohyun decided to talk about the bet another day.

Hyoyeon lost her apetite and decided to leave the cafeteria without finishing her lunch.

"I am leaving first." She grabbed her tray and stood up, leaving the three dumbfounded. She walked past Kai but didn't even look at his direction.

"Your plan to give her a surprise backfired huh?" Sehun, who was sitting opposite to Kai, asked.

"Yup. I have to make up for it." He sighed and took a bite of his sandwich.

Later that evening, Hyoyeon bid goodbye to her two friends and walked towards the meeting room. Kai came running to her calling her name.

"Hyo, wait!" He grabbed her hand. 

"Kai, I don't have time for this right now. I am on my way for a meeting with the student council president." She said in a cold voice without looking at Kai in his eyes.

Kai released her hand. "Okay. I will wait for you." Hyoyeon looked at Kai. "I can't tell you when the meeting will be over."

"It's okay. I will wait till the meeting is over." He smiled.

           Seeing Kai's sincere smile, Hyoyeon felt like hugging him. She was pretending to be mad at him. She could never ever stay mad at him for too long. By avoiding him, she knew that she was hurting him. She doesn't want to hurt her best friend. She fought with her conscience on whether or not she should continue pretending to be mad at him. Kai at that time looked like a helpless puppy that got lost and Hyoyeon had the biggest urge to hug him and pat him. Tell him that he will be fine, that she will always be there for him.

She would've done it if not for Kris who came in interrupting the two. "Hyoyeon, aren't you coming for the meeting?" He walked towards the two.

Hyoyeon looked at the tall guy and replied. "I was on my way." Kris nodded and noticed the guy standing next to her. He smiled and Kai returned the smile.

"I am Kim Jongin. High school freshman. I joined today. You can call me Kai. " He introduced himself . "Wu Kris. Freshman like you." The two shook hands.

"I guess you are the President."

"Unfortunately, yes." Kris smiled. "If you would excuse us, we have to discuss about some student council matters."

"Sure" Kai nodded. "Nice meeting you."

"Likewise." Kris replied.

"I will see you later." Kai waved at Hyoyeon who nodded back and left.

.

.

.

"You know what Kris, you are two-faced!" Hyoyeon said as she pushed open the door. "When you are in front of everyone, you are the perfect gentleman everyone admires. But when you are with me, you are"

She got cut off by Kris. "y?"

"No!"

"Irresistible?"

Hyoyeon scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"Charming? Hot? Extremely hot?" He sat down on a chair loosening his tie.

"None of those! You are 1. Conceited. 2. A teaser. 3. A ERT." She counted with her fingers as she spoke.

      Kris lightly chuckled making Hyoyeon roll her eyes again. She sat down on her usual place and opened one of the files. The two started verifying the agenda of the current academic year and subsequently noted down important particulars in it.

After a while, Kris cleared his throat grabbing Hyoyeon's attention. "Your best friend." Kris said.

"Yeah? What's with him?"

"Why is he waiting for you?"

"Just like that. Should there be a reason for that?" She asked with a confused expression.

"Well, normally, guys only wait for their girlfriends like that." Kris said turning a page.

"Really? He used to wait for me when we were in middle school. It's not like there is a rule that you should only wait for the one you love." She shrugged nonchalantly.

"Of course. There is no rule like that." He nodded.

          After finishing their works, Hyoyeon started packing her bag to leave. Kris sat on the couch keenly observing her moves. When she finished, she noticed Kris looking at her. "Is there any problem?" She started examining herself.

"No. I was just admiring your y body.

Please log in to read the full chapter