The promise

Addicted to his kiss
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kai walked with quick steps to match up with Hyoyeon. She was hurrying her way to Kris’s room, her hands full of photocopies, account sheets and flyers. She had declined Kai’s offer to help her with the papers multiple times.

“Why don’t you just quit?!” Kai asked her for the nth time.

The day Hyoyeon was seen by Sehun when she was crying while running towards the rooftop, Kai had immediately left the classroom to see her. Even though the girl had skipped the kissing part, making her cry was enough for him to throw a punch at the person responsible. But due to her pleading accompanied by a pinch of threatening, he didn’t make a scene. Hyoyeon on the other hand had to give him her word that she would avoid being alone with Kris and be more careful around him, which she did for the couple of days that followed.

Hyoyeon stopped on her track and turned to Kai. “I’ll manage myself” She reassured him. “Besides, there is no way we’d be alone.”

The week after, Seoul high was organizing an intra school cultural fest to promote their widely popular inter-school festival. Thus everyone in the student council was busy with the preparations. Even though they all were busy, Kris could still notice that Hyoyeon had been deliberately avoiding being associated with him. She had purposely picked the hospitality/discipline team so that she wouldn’t have to be on the organizing team with Kris.

Kai’s shoulders hung low admitting defeat. There was no way he could convince her out of it. “Fine, but do tell me if anything weird happens.”

“Sure, now go.” She pushed him away smiling and hurried away while Kai waved back at her.

Hyoyeon was putting up the front desk with other fellow pupils when Kris walked by. He was surrounded by group committee members who were explaining to him what was written on the file. For a while, Kris zoned out and focused himself on the blonde girl who was giving her all while working hard. She was someone who didn’t mind getting dirty/sweaty to get the work done. But that was one of her charms. Her blonde hair was tucked behind her ears but seldom fell out on her smiling face.

Kris wanted to walk up to her and tuck them back behind her ear. But, could he?

“President, are you okay?” A concerned voice tapped him back to reality.

“Ah…I’m sorry, I zoned out.” He flashed one of his famous fake smiles easing everyone around him. “If you excuse me, I want to check the progress myself.” He made up an excuse and walked up to Hyoyeon.

Hyoyeon was too much indulged in her work that she didn’t even notice his presence.

“President, good afternoon.” One of the girl’s wished him cheerfully. That’s when Hyoyeon realized that he had arrived.

For the first time after arriving, Kris looked away from her at the girl who had greeted him. He returned the wish and turned to Hyoyeon. “Good afternoon.” He smiled at her and waited for her to respond.

Out of obligation, she wished back without making an eye contact and continued working. Kris felt slightly disheartened but went for another try. “How’s the work going?”

“Good.” She quickly placed back the ruler and pencil she was working with, on the table. “I’ll go get the items you were asking for.” She told her co-worker and left.

Kris’s heart fell to the pit of his stomach but his face showed nothing. He was trained for that after all.

 

HYOYEON’S POV

 

I immediately left the room. I know, it was rude but he doesn’t deserve anything better. On the way, one of my classmates’ handed me a file to pass onto someone in my group. With the file in

Please log in to read the full chapter