Will you sing for me?

A Time For Us

Chapter twenty three

Nobody’s (mine) POV


“YAH…! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!”

The two snapped towards the door startled at the sudden loud voice; Young Saeng breathed a breath of relief before turning to Uee, who had moved forward to give the bowl and bottle of wine to him. Young Saeng took the items from him, but was puzzled over the wine bottle.

“Uee ssi… Why are you giving me a bottle of wine?” Uee scoffed and folded her arms to her chest before answering.

“You said to give you the alcohol from the kitchen… He didn’t have any soju, but he did have a bottle of wine that I brought a long time ago.” Hyun Joong bit his lip to keep from laughing, and Young Saeng turned away before standing up, and walking out of the room quietly to get the item that he needed. When he returned he proceeded to what he was going to do, without any words to Uee, who was glaring daggers at both of them as they refused to look at her in fear of laughing. However, this only made Uee much more angry, and she demanded to know what so what so funny. Hyun Joong coughed for a moment, before actually answering.

“Jagya… He didn’t need liquor alcohol; he meant the alcohol that he brought, the one that is meant for treating wounds and disinfecting.” Young Saeng turned to her, only to see a huge blush form on her face in embarrassment. Young Saeng not wanting to make it worse chose to not say anything at all and just proceeded to do what he was there for, and that was to take care of Hyun Joong.

Dipping the cloth in the bowl after adding the alcohol to the water, rung out the excess water, and moved to kneel on the bed over Hyun Joong, wiping down his body with it; it was hard for Young Saeng to keep the blush off his face while his hands moved over Hyun Joong’s bare body. It deepened when he glided the cloth over the man’s defined abs, feeling the hard muscle behind his fingers as it move up and down when Hyun Joong’s breath deepened and sped slightly. Clearing his throat lightly, he moved the rag up to his face, and noticed that Hyun Joong was staring at him deeply; trying his best to keep from meeting the older man’s gaze. However, no matter how hard he tried Young Saeng’s eyes met the man’s anyway, and instantly he was not able to turn away again.

 Bringing the rag to Hyun Joong’s hair, he gently cleaned his hair, making sure that it was as wet as possible without making his cold worse. Setting the rag back into the bowl, he used his hands to run his fingers through the man’s hair, untangling the wet silky strands, and never once breaking eye contact. Young Saeng could see hesitation in the latter’s eyes, before Hyun Joong finally spoke.

“I… That is… Can you…?” Young Saeng raised his eyebrows in question, wanting to know that the man wanted to tell him. However, this only made Hyun Joong all the more embarrassed to ask his request, instead he asked the first thing that came to his mind.

“Can you pull the blankets back up…? I’m getting cold.” Smiling gently, Young Saeng did as he asked, and pulled the blanket up to the older man’s chin; making sure to tuck on the ends to complete was he was doing in the first place (to make Hyun Joong sweat his fever away).

***** Uee’s POV *****

Uee stood there in shock, as she watched the scene in front of her; she watched as Young Saeng wiped her fiancé’s body down with the water he prepared. It didn’t pass her attention, how Hyun Joong’s breath quickened, when the younger moved down to his abdomen, or how he seemed to be staring at the boy, wanting their eyes to meet; and when they did, it seemed like there were not able to look away from each other.

Unable to watch any more, she left the room none too quietly, and it hurt her how Hyun Joong didn’t even seemed to notice her departure, as he continued to stare into the latter’s eyes. Taking a deep breath, she took out her phone and sent a text to the one person, who she knew could help her win back the man she wanted for herself. After sending the text to him, she smiled before looking back to the two on the bed, letting them have their last moments together, as she knew it will be their last. Closing the door, she headed down the stairs to gather her coat and jacket; as she closed the door, her phone rang. Taking a look to see who it was, she smiled when she noticed who it was, using her finger to swipe the screen she answered it with an evil grin.

“Yeobosayo…? Kyu Jongie..?”

***** Nobody’s (mine) POV *****

Young Saeng looked to the door with frown, when he noticed it was closed and Uee was no longer with them. Turning to Hyun Joong, who was still looking at him, he smiled gently not wanting to upset the man then he already was at Uee’s departure, and gently ran his finger’s threw his hair once again.

“It’s okay… I am sure she had to go somewhere for a little while; I heard her phone rang before she left, so maybe she got a call to she was not able to ignore, and she didn’t want to disturb you. I am sure she will be back later…” Young Saeng said trying to make the latter feel better, and to not be so upset. He smiled when Hyun Joong nodded, and seemed to take his words in, and accept them though he knew they may not be true. Closing his eyes, Hyun Joong snuggled into the mattress more getting himself more comfortable.

Young Saeng smiled before slowly getting up from where he was sitting; however, before he could move away, he was stopped when Hyun Joong grabbed his wrist stopping his from going anywhere. Turning back to him, Young Saeng raised his eyebrow in question; Hyun Joong’s cheeks flamed red as he wasn’t sure why he had grabbed the younger from leaving, all he knew was he just didn’t want him to go. So, instead he finally mustered up the courage to ask the latter what he had wanted to ask him in the first place.

“Can… Can you… sing for me?” Young Saeng’s smile widened that the man’s request, and instantly sat back down.

“What would you like to hear?” Hyun Joong blushed once again, and cleared his throated.

“Can you sing for me that one song you sang when we first met?” Young Saeng cocked his head in confusion, before smiling once again as he remembered which one it was.

“A time for us…?” Hyun Joong nodded; Young Saeng nodded gently, before clearing his throat, and began singing.

“A time for us, someday there'll be, when chains are torn by courage born of a love that's free. A time when dreams, so long denied can flourish as we unveil the love we now must hide. A time for us, someday there'll be a life worthwhile for you and me. And with our love through tears and thorns, we will endure as we pass surely through every storm…

Hyun Joong closed his eyes as he let the younger’s angelic voice sweep over him; he has always liked it when someone sang to him when he was sick. His nanny used to do it when he was child, but when his grandmother was able to visit him and not be in the office, she would sing to him when she got the chance. His mother would try to, but she was always too self-conscience about her voice to sing to him, so he never asked her to do it. He had hoped that Uee would be able to do it, but she thought it was to childish to do; so when she would attempt to sing for him, she always would start laughing till finally Hyun Joong stopped asking.

“A time for us someday there'll be a new world, a world of shining hope for you and me. A time for us someday there'll be a life worthwhile for you and me. And with our love through tears and thorns we will endure as we pass surely through every storm…”

Young Saeng continued to sing as he watched Hyun Joong drift off to a much needed sleep; reaching up once again, he ran his fingers through the latter’s hair, causing Hyun Joong to smile lightly before finally falling completely asleep.

“A time for us, someday there'll be a new world…”

His voice trailed off slowly as he continued to stare down that the man sleeping soundly, smiling to himself Young Saeng couldn’t resist lowering his hand to trace the man’s features with the tip of his fingers lightly; tracing the lining of his nose, feeling the fanned out eyelashes that laid on his checks, till finally he reached the curves of his lips; gently he traced the outline of the latter’s lips. Young Saeng’s paused; his eyes flickered up towards Hyun Joong’s, seeing that they were still shut he moved his gaze back towards the pair of lips he was unable to resist.

Leaning down till he was mere inches away; he paused as he gently grazing the back of his fingers along Hyun Joong jaw line, before flicking his eyes back up to Hyun Joong’s.

“A world of shining hope for you and me…”

Lowering his gaze back down; Young Saeng closed the small distance between them, gently capturing Hyun Joong’s lips with his own. Pulling away, he moved his hands to run his fingers through the man’s hair once again, enjoying the feel of the silky strands as they passed through his fingers. He smiled sadly before leaning down again to kiss the man’s head, as a tear ran down his cheek.

“Saranghae…” Finally standing up, he once again moved to take the tray to the kitchen for cleaning; however, once again he was stopped as a hand grabbed his wrist. Quickly turning towards Hyun Joong with wide eyes, he trembled to think he had been caught in his actions. But to his relief, the man still had his eyes closed, smiling gently he lifted his hand to ease his wrist out of the man’s hold.

However, to his surprise the grip became stronger, and he heard mumbling causing his to lean down once again. He had to wait for a moment before he heard it again.

“Youn… aeng ah… kajima…” Young Saeng’s heart seemed to stop as he turned to stare at the sleeping man’s face. Biting his lip, Young Saeng finally nodded as another pair of tears ran down his face, before he sat back down besides the sleeping man.

“Arra… I’ll stay…” Leaning to rest his head on the man’s chest, Young Saeng began running his finger through the man’s hair (as he too fell into a peaceful sleep) with his free hand as Hyun Joong still hadn’t let go.


SOOOO… Was their unofficial kiss sad or what…? Well it was a little to me… D: Thoughts..? anyone… anyone at all?

Also do you see where I got the title from? HAHAHA

AND YES Kyu Jong is finally here XD

Till next time, bye now.