Stay..?

A Time For Us

Chapter twenty one

Hyun Joong’s POV


Hyun Joong woke with a pounding head, and terrible aching tremble in his body. Looking at the clock it read ten minutes past three in the afternoon. Groaning in pain, he tries to sit up, only to fall back down holding his aching head; leaning forward slightly, he sneezed harshly gasping as pain sheared his body. Grabbing his phone, he instantly called his grandma, but there was no answer; not really wanting to, he rang his mother, she answered on the third ring.

“Yeobosayo..? Hyun Joon ah, is that you?” Hyun Joong coughed trying to clear his throat, and relieve some of the itchy/dryness he felt.

“Eommonie… Are you busy?” He asked; his voice sounding as scratchy as it felt.

“Omo..! Hyun Joong ah, what’s wrong? Are you sick? Eottoke..? I’m out of town with you grandmother; I know, I will call Uee ah she will come and tend you okay? Let’s hang up, so I can give her a call…”

Before Hyun Joong could say anything, his mother hung up with him, leaving him to groan to himself in annoyance. Having no other choice, he laid there waiting for Uee to come that is if she will come. Based on what happened today he doubted she would. His eyes snapped open, thinking about that morning reminded him of Young Saeng, who was going to bring him lunch later that evening. Grabbing his phone, he found Young Saeng’s number, and called it immediately.

“Yeobosayo… Hyun Joong ah..?” Hyun Joong once again had to cough to clear his throat, and instantly he heard Young Saeng’s concerned voice.

“Hyun Joong ah, gwenchana..? You sound sick… is there anything I can do?” Hyun Joong smiled and laid back; finally happy that someone would talk to him.

“If you can make me feel better than that would be nice… I feel horrible; it is going to when I go to work later…”

“You’re still going to go to work? You’re sick; you need to stay in bed and get better.” Hyun Joong smiled at the latter’s concern for him.

“I’ll be alright, but my work still has to be done even if I’m sick.”

“Well that is true, but just a thought you should keep in mind; even if you take one day off, it would not hold you back till the point where you are unable to catch up when you feel better. Well let me let you go so you can get some rest okay? I will talk to you later.” Young Saeng said hurriedly before hanging up, without letting Hyun Joong say goodbye. Looking at his phone, he pouted at it for a moment, sulking on how he was being treated when he was sick.

Sighing deeply, he snuggled back into his bed, not having anybody else to talk to he tried to get some more rest before heading to work. As he was finally able to drift off half an hour later, his doorbell rang through the house jolting him back awake, and causing his head to begin pounding once again; cradling his head, he stood from his bed, slipping his slippers on he went down the stairs slowly. The pain was almost over whelming as the doorbell kept ringing nonstop, and the knocking on the door began.

Finally reaching the door, he opened it surprised when he saw Uee at the door with a bag in her hand. Opening the door wider, he let his fiancé in silently; she came in and instantly went to the kitchen without a word to Hyun Joong. He sighed not really wanting to deal with her attitude, he stumbled his way to the couch, and sat on it curling himself in a ball trying to get warm again.

Uee came back with a bowl of porridge, setting it in front of him she sat down across from him waiting for him to get up and eat. Sighing deeply, he got up, and picked up his spoon to have some porridge. Giving it a taste, he grimaced as it was the one he hated; he has always preferred it to have a little cinnamon, a small amount of sugar and a splash of milk or cream. Closing his eyes, he set the spoon down really not feeling up to pretending he liked the food he was given.

“What you don’t like the porridge? I bet if it was given to you by that boy, you would have eaten it without complaint.” Uee huffed taking back the bowl, and standing up.

“Uee I don’t want to argue with you right now… My head hurts, my body hurts, and I feel like ; please just do me a favor and not get into an argument right now.” Hyun Joong groaned as he laid back down on his couch.

“Well I am sorry if I didn’t warm up to your little friend like you did, but I stand by what I said earlier; he is trying to steal you from me, and if you are unwilling to see to that then the person who I thought you doesn’t exist. A blind man could see the truth, so why can’t you.” Hyun Joong sat up, ignoring the nauseous feeling of sitting up too quickly with a headache, he turned to his fiancé.

“Why can’t I what..? What is there to see Uee? Young Saeng ah and I are just friends, nothing more and nothing less as of yet, and the only reason I say ‘as if yet’ is because I may think of him as a brother someday. That is all, why do my mom and you for that matter keep thinking Young Saeng is out to get me? And in my mother’s case my money..? Not one of you actually sat down with him, one on one, and asked him anything; all either of you do is just judge without asking. Young Saeng ah is one of the nicest people I have ever met, and selfless to bout; why are all of you against him? He has never done anything to anyone of you, and yet here you are downing his good name.”

“Because I am scared he is going to take you from me..! He is better at things then I am, and I just get so jealous…” Uee finally shouted, using her best pout to try and win back Hyun Joong’s heart. Hyun Joong gestured her to come to him, and when she did he pulled her to him.

“Uee… I am going to say this once more. Him and I are just friends okay? How can he take me from you, when there is nothing to take? You are the girl for me; I have known this since I first saw you in my first day of college. What we have is special, and it means so much to me, besides what makes you think that I’d actually go with him? I am straight, and if you haven’t noticed despite his feminine features he is a male. So it is impossible for him to steal me away, because he is as straight as I am, and if I remember correctly I am straight. I have proved that to you on many occasions haven’t I?” Uee blushed at his words, and nodded shyly as she placed her head on his shoulder.

“So there is absolutely no reason for you to worry okay?” Finally Uee nodded in agreement, and Hyun Joong leaned down capturing her lips onto his gently not want to get her sick as well. As they kissed, the sound of the door opening was missed, as none of them were paying attention.

A small gasp was heard causing Hyun Joong to pull away, he turned to see Young Saeng standing there with bags in his hands, and an weird look on his face. It disappeared within seconds, and Hyun Joong briefly wondered if it had actually been there, but the smile that was now plastered on Young Saeng’s face as he greeted them; somehow Hyun Joong knew it was not real. Not really knowing why, he didn’t like it; he didn’t like the fake smile that was being given, it wasn’t what he was used to, it wasn’t what he wanted so it bothered him.

Hyun Joong watched as Young Saeng walked towards him, setting down the bags in his hands, before bowing to Uee. He took notice to how Young Saeng didn’t seem to want to look at him, but did so anyway after taking a small breath, and plastering that annoying fake smile on his face.

“Mianhaeyo, I interrupted you private time; I just thought Hyun Joong would be in bed, as he called me sick, but he seems to be doing well now. So, I will just leave this here, and be on my way…” Young Saeng bowed to him, and then to Uee before turning around to put back on his shoes.

Without thinking Hyun Joong shot up, calling out for his friend to wait; Young Saeng turned to him in surprise as well as Uee, who had been waving at Young Saeng goodbye with a smug smile on her face. The two looked to him for a reason for the shouting, and sudden movement… to which Hyun Joong had none; instead he said the only thing that came to his mind.

“Stay…”


HEHEHEHE I cut here… Yes I know I am cruel XD

Okay guys… so this did not go as planned… I had thought about this chapter some time ago, and it was going to be some mushy Hyunsaeng stuff (you know… Hyun Joong in bed nearly ‘dying’, and Young Saeng taking care of him type stuff), which I had actually look forward to writing (had a sticky note ready and everything), but as you can see it turned out to be Uee and Hyun Joong mushy stuff. Because of this I am sorry, but this is the way it came out. It completely changed from how I was going to put it, but I think I like it this way.

This way it seems like Hyun Joong (mentally) is still trying to hold on to his love for Uee, and he is fighting what he feels for Young Saeng, as it is confusing the hell out of him. And because it is confusing him, and messing with him he says stuff he shouldn’t, resulting in once again confusing himself, but this time the people around him as well.

Well I guess that is it for this update, just thought I should explain, and tell you my thoughts on this mess of a chapter. Let me know you thoughts as well, I want to know what all of you are thinking XD nosy anit I… hahaha… Well till next time then, bye now.