The parents...

A Time For Us

Okay my nasties... As I have been thinking about... I update twice within the week. I am not sure I will do this often or at all, so please dont get used it. I am just seeing how this goes. XD But anyway here it is... the dinner with the family. I would like to think everybody who commented, they mean a lot to me, though they are getting fewer and fewer, but all wells. That is life. XD I still appericate all the ones I get, and the silent readers that give me views. XD so thank you... anywho on to the story. XD ENJOY..!

Chapter Eleven

Nobody’s (mine) POV

***************************************************************

“Eomma help me please…” Young Saeng’s mother entered the kitchen laughing.

“I thought you didn’t want my help..!” Young Saeng turned to glare at his mother, for a second before continuing what he was doing.

“I don’t want your help; I just need you to continue filling these while I check on the cake please.” She laughed again, before moving to where he was working at. She looked at what he had already done, and smiled. He was already almost done, so she just did as he asked. As he was taking the cake out of the steamer, she put the balls in the boiling water right next to him.

“Oh Young Saeng it is beautiful… I think they are going to love it.” Young Saeng smiled as he let the cake cool down, before going to his mother to check on the balls.

“Thanks eomma, I got it from here.” She just smiled and sat down on the chair to watch him. Finally they were done, and he put them on a plate and brought them to the table, before going to get the bowls with the coating on it. He carefully boxed them up, and tied ribbon on around it making it pretty; also doing the same thing with the cake, covering it with blue wrapping paper, tying it with a ribbon as well.

“Finally I’m done… now I am going to take a shower.” Young Saeng rushed to shower, and to get ready; Hyun Joong was going to pick him up at 6:00. He came down in his nice clothes, and styled his hair; his mother was in the sitting area eating fruit.

“Oooo Saengie, you look so handsome… Just where are you going? I know you said that you were going out with your friend, but you are looking so nice, and the things you made… It’s making me curious.” Young Saeng blushed as he fixed the tid-bits of his hair.

“I… I’m meeting his parents…” His mother’s eyes widened and she nodded in understanding.

“Eomma it’s not like that… We… We are just friend… that’s all; nothing more nothing less.” Again his mother just nodded; Young Saeng just shrugged her off, and went to the kitchen to grab the food. At exactly 6:00, there was a knock on the door, Young Saeng opened the door, and there was Hyun Joong looking amazing. Hyun Joong was stunned as he saw Young Saeng; Young Saeng was beautiful, he was damn near breath taking. A clear of a throat brought him out of his daze; Hyun Joong looked up to see his mother standing next to Young Saeng.

“Well it’s nice to see you again Hyun Joong ssi.” Hyun Joong bowed in greeting, before he answered her.

“It’s nice to see you as well.” Young Saeng went to get the box and cake, before saying goodbye to his mother.

“I will see you later eomma…!” She smiled and waved goodbye, as they left together. Hyun Joong took the packages from him, putting it in the back of his car.

“You didn’t have to bring anything you know?”

“I know, but I wanted to; besides you like my desserts so I thought I should share them with your family.” Hyun Joong smiled and just kept quiet.  Once they arrived, Hyun Joong opened the trunk and Young Saeng carried the treats inside the house. Together they walked to the door, Hyun Joong knocked on the door; his mother opening it.

“Hyun Joong…! And who is this?” His mother asked spotting Young Saeng in the back. He bowed and stepped forward.

“Annyonghaesayo, I’m Heo Young Saeng.” Young Saeng said as he bowed as low as he could go with the packages in his hands.

“Oh… well it’s nice to meet you… Why don’t you all come on in…?” She said, stepping out of the way. Young Saeng looked around to take off his shoes, but Hyun Joong just pulled him along.

“You don’t have to take them off, just come with me.” Young Saeng blushed and followed him to the sitting area. His father, mother, brother, and grandmother were already there; Young Saeng eyes widened when he saw Kyu Jong ajusshi there.

“Ahjusshi..! Is that you?” Kyu Jong looked up, and smiled as he saw Young Saeng run up to him.

“Oh..! Young Saeng ssi… What are you doing here?” Kyu Jong put his tea cup down, and stood up going to Young Saeng.

“I’m here with Hyun Joong ah… we are friends… I did not know that you were related?”

“Yes, he is my older brother… It’s great to see you, come on sit down.” Kyu Jong pulled Young Saeng to the couch introducing him to everybody; as Hyun Joong just followed with a frown until Young Saeng looked back giving him a smile; Hyun Joong couldn’t help but to smile back at him.

“What do you have there Young Saeng ssi?” Grandmother asked after introductions were finished.

“Oh… I made a few things; would you like to have some?” Young Saeng opened the box, revealing traditional rice cakes gyeongdan.

“Wahh..! Young Saeng ssi you made that?” Kyu Jong asked in wonder, even Hyun Joong’s grandmother couldn’t complain on how they looked; his father even sat forward taking in the look and smell of them. Hyun Joong smiled and spoke.

“Young Saeng is very skilled at cooking and baking; I have tried a few of his dishes myself, and they were all wonderful.” Young Saeng looked at him and smiled gently.

“Why don’t I get some plates, and we can have these with some tea?” Hyun Joong’s mother said politely, before getting up and going to the kitchen. She came back with the plates and silverware, and handed them to Young Saeng.

“Halmoni… which would you like..?” Young Saeng asked gently.

“Oh just give me one of each…” She answered, looking eagerly at the treats. Young Saeng served her, and was about to ask Hyun Joong’s mother, when Hyun Joong spoke.

“Why don’t you give everybody one of each?” Young Saeng blushed and nodded; serving everybody one of each. Young Saeng watched with pride as Hyun Joong’s family gushed over his rice cakes.

“Young Saeng ssi these are wonderful..! Did your mother help you make these?” Hyun Joong’s mother asked, taking another bite.

“No, I made this myself… Although, it is my mother’s recipe; she taught me how to make them.” Hyun Joong heard his mother click her tongue, before speaking.

“A man in the kitchen..? It’s a women’s place to be in the kitchen, not a man’s.” Hyun Joong shook his head wanting say something, but Young Saeng placed a hand on his knee stopping him, as he spoke to his mom.

“Well she taught me, because she has no daughters… It’s just my brother and I for right now, so she didn’t want her family traditions to disappear. I didn’t mind learning them, and she liked teaching me, so it worked out really well.”

“And what is your mother’s name dear..?” Halmoni asked gently.

“Kim Yoon Ji…” Halmoni nodded smiling.

“So she decided to keep her last name..? Well that is nice, but what did you mean about ‘for right now’?” Young Saeng tilted his head, giving it a slight shake no.

“Well, no that is not exactly correct. Her surname is Lee; she took the name of my step father Kim Jun Hyun. So my brother’s name is Kim Hyung Jun, and what I meant is that she is pregnant right now… so, we don’t know if it is a boy or a girl, my mother wanted to be surprised, this is the first child they would have had together.”

“Would have..?” Hyun Joong’s father asked.

“Well they got a divorce about seven months ago; he left the country, leaving us Hyung Jun who was his son from his previous marriage.” Young Saeng watched as Hyun Joong’s mother, placed a hand on her chest.

“You poor dear… You mother must be in chaos, and her having to raise a child that is not hers. She is a saint.”

“Hyung Jun ah is my brother, whether he is by blood or not; we wouldn’t give him up for the world, and my mother she is okay. She has us to keep her level, but think you for your concern; I will be sure to tell my mom of it.” Young Saeng smiled brightly, standing up and giving a 90 degrees bow.

Finally they moved to the table, once the maid told them that dinner was ready.  Hyun Joong sat at the end of the table, making room for Young Saeng to sit next to him, with Kyu Jong on his side. Without much thought to what he was doing, Young Saeng grabbed Hyun Joong’s plate, and filled it with the things he knew Hyun Joong liked as he had made them for him before. Once it was filled he set it in front of Hyun Joong, before taking the empty plate from Hyun Joong, and began serving himself.

Everybody stared in wonder as they were shocked that Hyun Joong actually allowed someone to serve him, and the fact that Young Saeng even gave their son/brother stuff that had red pepper flakes and paste in it. To their knowledge Hyun Joong has never eaten kimchi before, but there right in front of them, their picky son was eating it, was even enjoying it. Young Saeng turned to smile at Hyun Joong, who had his mouth filled with food.

“Yah..! Can’t you eat with manners…? You can eat like that in front of me, but we are with your parents; eat right.” Hyun Joong used his napkin, covering his mouth as he chewed and then swallowed.

“Mianhae… I didn’t eat today, someone didn’t bring me lunch.” Young Saeng shook his head smiling widely at him.

“I thought you said you don’t miss a meal..? And do I have to bring you lunch for you to eat, I am sure you know how to get food.” Hyun Joong shook his head as Young Saeng smiled back him, before shooting him a playful glare as he put more food in his mouth.

“Well whose fault is that..? Who was the one that keeps bringing me lunches, and then suddenly stopped without any notice? I was hungry all day because of you.” Hyun Joong shot back at Young Saeng, who just stuck his tongue out at him, before turning back to his food.

*****************************************************************************************

Okay guys I cut here, because this is getting to be very long… I am going to have to check how I am writing…. I think this story is becoming very wordy… please tell me what ya think? Is it wordy or am I doing okay?

Well as always leave me a comment and tell me what you think… and till next time, bye now. XD