Soup anybody?

A Time For Us

Chapter Nineteen

Nobody’s POV


“That… was your punishment…”

Young Saeng quickly turned away from him, cursing himself for losing his control.

Hyun Joong stood there in a daze holding the side of his face,  as Young Saeng turned away from him, and began to speed walk away. It took a couple of moments to snap out of it, but once he was able to; Hyun Joong looked around, and flagged down a taxi that happened to drive by. Getting in it, he made the driver crawl up to Young Saeng, before calling out his name.

“Young Saeng ah… Come on get in its pouring out here..!” Young Saeng turned towards him, with a small hesitant step; he stepped up to the door that was opened for him to enter, and slowly got in. His cheeks still burned with embarrassment, making it impossible to look at Hyun Joong. So, the two stay in silence till they reached Hyun Joong’s house. Hyun Joong paid the man, slipping off his jacket he ran to Young Saeng’s side, as the latter was getting out of the car; he used the jacket as a cover from the rain, which happened to get stronger as time had went by.

Young Saeng paused to stare at Hyun Joong in wonder till the sound of thunder brought him out of his muse. They ran to the door, Young Saeng went to the pass lock, before looking at Hyun Joong in question.

“What the code..?” Without any sort of hesitation, Hyun Joong spoke quickly, arms still in the air holding his jacket to try and keep the rain off of them.

“16 16 38 86 06” Young Saeng quickly punched it in, the light turned green, and Young Saeng opened the door quickly. Finally Hyun Joong was able to put his arms down, his jacket was soaked with rain water, as was Young Saeng and himself. Taking off his shoes, Hyun Joong hurried to his bed room to grab some clothes, and a couple of towels; heading back to the shivering Young Saeng he unfolded the cloth and draped it over his head. Using both hands he tried to dry the boy’s hair as best as he could, till he was satisfied that the every drop of water he could get off was gone. Once he was done, he let the towel off to Young Saeng’s shoulders, as the other looked up with wide innocent eyes, which made Hyun Joong clear his throat and look away.

“You should get changed…” Hyun Joong whispered; Young Saeng nodded taking the clothes that Hyun Joong gave him, and headed to the bathroom. Hyun Joong stood there for a few moments, before once again cleared his throat, and went to his room to change after he stopped by the kitchen to preheat the oven. After changing, Hyun Joong made his way to the thermostat, raising the temperature up a few degrees so the house could warm up. Passing by the restroom, he paused and smiled as he heard humming coming from through the door, as the latter showered. Smiling gently, he made his way to the kitchen to prepare dinner for the two of them; taking some chicken and vegetables out of the fridge, he grabbed a pot, the cutting board, and pan along with the foil paper.

Seasoning the chicken, he slid it in the oven to roast for 20 minutes; once he was finished he moved the cutting board and vegetable to the table, as he was cutting the door to the bathroom finally opened, and Young Saeng came out re drying his hair with the towel Hyun Joong gave him. Young Saeng made his way to Hyun Joong smiling, taking a look around he noticed all the ingredients out, without words he went to the counter grabbed a knife, washed his hands, and made his way back to Hyun Joong. Sitting down in front of him, he grabbed some celery sticks, and proceeded to chop them up on an unused side of the cutting board. After some time, Hyun Joong cleared his throat, before he spoke with his head lowered slightly.

“You know… I started chopping a lot sooner then you right?” Young Saeng looked up at him nodding gently, before going back to the task at hand.

“I figured that… But what I really want to know, is if I started before you… How is that you cut more than me?” Young Saeng paused, and looked to Hyun Joong, who showed him his small bowl of cut up vegetables, and then pointed to his already full one. Looking down, he finally realized that he had actually taken over the cutting board, and he was now on the last half of white onion. A deep blush filled Young Saeng’s chubby cheeks, but he quickly finished it, and then set the knife down; retracting his hands, he put them in his lap and bowed his head. Hyun Joong couldn’t help but to laugh, standing up he pulled Young Saeng over to him, before lowering his hands giving his sides a light squeeze, causing the latter to squeal slightly as he tried to get out of his grip.

“No, No… Hyun Joong ah..! Jebal, don’t tickle me… Jebal..!” Young Saeng screamed out; however, Hyun Joong didn’t listen, he just continued to squeeze and dig his fingers in Young Saeng’s sides, causing Young Saeng to scream louder, as he laughed and struggle to free himself.

Hyun Joong laughed out loud as he moved his face out of the way as Young Saeng thrashed in his arms wildly, before finally stopping as he didn’t want to hurt the man in his arms. Wrapping his arms firmly around Young Saeng once again, he lifted him up twirling him around; causing the latter to scream out again in excitement, and joy. Hyun Joong came to a slow stop, both of their faces were red, both were panting as they finished their laughter; Hyun Joong’s smiled completely vanished, as he tightened his hold on Young Saeng’s waist.

“Mianhae… Jongmal mianhae…” Young Saeng wiggled a little for Hyun Joong to loosen his hold on him, before turning around, and cupping the older man’s cheeks.

“I know… And I forgive you… Really I do okay?” Young Saeng said, before letting him go, and grabbed the two bowls with the vegetables taking them to the counter. Hyun Joong followed him back to the kitchen, as the timer beeps right as he entered. Heading over to it, he grabbed the mitten and took the chicken out of the oven; Young Saeng turned to see what he was doing, and was amazed as he noticed the beautifully roasted chicken.

“Young Saeng hand me a plate please…” Hyun Joong asked, as he took the used a spatula to take the chicken off the rack.

“That smells delicious, but I don’t think it’s finished.” Young Saeng said, as he watched Hyun Joong cut the chicken in pieces.

“I know… hand me that pot please.” Hyun Joong went to the pantry, to take the chicken broth out, before heading back to stove. Putting a little oil at the bottom of the pot he cooked vegetables till slightly golden, before adding the stock and the chicken.

“Young Saeng ah in the cabinet above you, there are some pasta noodles in a bag, give them to me please.” Young Saeng nodded, reaching up he found the bag, and handed it to him wanting to know what he was going to do with it. Reading the directions, he poured half the bag of noodles in the pot, and covered it all; turning on the timer to the stove he set it for twenty minutes.

After which, Hyun Joong turned to Young Saeng who was staring at him in wonder. He smiled to him gently, as he left the kitchen to clean off the table. Young Saeng who needed a moment finally snapped out of it, and chased after him with the Lysol wipes, he knew that Hyun Joong liked to use.

“Hyun Joong ah, you forgot the wipes..!” Young Saeng yelled out as he skipped his way back to the dining area, where Hyun Joong was gathering the scrapes and utensils.

“Ah… gomawayo… Here you want to take this to the kitchen for me please.” Young Saeng set the container down, and took the cutting board with trash on it to the kitchen. Tossing the trash away, he rolled up his sleeves, before turning the water on to wash the dishes.

“Oh..! You’re going to wash the dishes for me..?” Young Saeng nodded as he lathered the scrubbed with soap to wash the roasting pan. Hyun Joong smiled, making his way to Young Saeng, rolling up his sleeves a well.

“You wash I rinse..?” Hyun Joong stood next to Young Saeng, who had turned to him smiling widely; shaking his head, Hyun Joong lifted an eyebrow.

“Why do you keep smiling huh? Am I that funny looking..?”

“De..!” Young Saeng replied loudly, causing Hyun Joong to gasp loudly in mock offense.

“I’m funny looking? You should look at yourself… you’re… Your hair is too long..!” Hyun Joong said as he tried to find something actually wrong with the younger man. Young Saeng laughed gently at the older man’s poor comeback, making the latter pout in a sulking manner. The two remained in silence, as they finished washing the dishes; once they were finished, the timer beeped alerting them to the food that was still cooking.

Cleaning his hands on the small dish towel, Hyun Joong went to check on it, giving it good stir before tasting it.

“Young Saeng ah come and taste this…” Young Saeng instantly went to his side, with an open mouth ready to try the chicken stew. Smiling, Hyun Joong fed it to him, watching for his reaction.

“OH..! It’s delicious…”

“Jinja..! You like it..?” Hyun Joong asked eagerly; Young Saeng nodded before going to the cabinet to get two bowls, and then the spoons. Hyun Joong smiled, filling the bowls as Young Saeng got them something to drink. Taking everything to the dining room, they ate together joking and enjoying each other’s company till the food in their bowls was gone, and their tummies full. Soon bed time came, and Hyun Joong led Young Saeng to his room.

“Mianhaeyo… I still haven’t gotten my guest bedroom finished yet… So, you can sleep with me… If you want that is… it’s up to you.” Hyun Joong said hesitantly; he couldn’t understand why he seemed so nervous all of the sudden.

“Eo..? kurae…  It’s fine with me, besides it’s not like we haven’t slept in the same bed before huh?” Young Saeng giggles as he got into the bed, waiting for Hyun Joong, who he turned off the lights, and got into bed; finally falling into a peaceful sleep.

***** Morning *****

Hyun Joong woke with start when he heard the doorbell rang in constant rings; looking down he smiled gently, as he noticed a tuff of black hair peeping from the blanket. Easing himself out of the warmth of the bed, he relived himself quickly in the bathroom, and with one last glance to the sleeping angel in his bed, he went to answer the door.

“Nugu…” Hyun Joong was cut off before he could finish his sentence, when he opened the door revealing a smiling Uee.

“Uee…! What…?” Uee stepped inside smiling widely.

“There was a storm in Jeju, so we had to turn back… I wanted to come and see you, but your mother and I ended up spending the day together. I hope you’re not upset, that I waited this long to tell you… You’re not mad right?” Uee said giving her best pout.

“Ah..! No of course not… I…” The sound of the toilet flushing interrupted his statement; turning to Uee he noticed the look of confusion on her face.

“Uee… Um…”

“Hyun Joong ah, who is at the door? Did you order breakfast…?” Young Saeng called out; only freezing when he noticed Uee staring at him with wide eyes.

“Uee ssi…” Young Saeng whispered; Hyun Joong watched as Uee stared at Young Saeng, before looking to see what room he exited from, and then turning towards to him with accusation in her eyes.


EHEHEHEHEHE I cut here… This is a good place to stop… I couldn’t cut it any shorter so this is a slightly longer chapter then the rest… I hope you like it leave me a comment in the little section below, to tell me what ya think. :3

Till next time bye now.

OH! Wait… the process here when they were making the soup… you can use to make real chicken and noodle soup XD Just thought I let you know XD