Young Saeng

A Time For Us

Chapter one

Young Saeng POV

***************************************************************************************************************

“Yah Young Saeng ah, come and eat your breakfast and walk your brother to school!” A woman yelled from the kitchen, as Young Saeng hurried down the stairs, pulling his shoulder bag on.

“Eomma I can’t I over slept; I am going to be late for work!” Young Saeng yelled back, as he ran out the door and climbed onto his bicycle speeding away. Young Saeng peddled as fast as he could to the newspaper stand where he works. Ten minutes later he skidded to a halt just in time to keep from running into his boss.

“Oh! Ajusshi Mianhaeyo… Are the papers ready for me?” Young Saeng said bowing; before hurriedly taking the box of folded paper from the man.

“Yah Young Saeng ah, you are late again… how many jobs did you do yesterday?” Young Saeng smiled and looked at the man, as he strapped the box to his bike.

“Not that many ajusshi, it was just I had to help my brother with his history report last night, so I kind of slept in late.” Once he was finished, Young Saeng quickly climbed back on his back, waved at his boss, and began to leave.

“Yah Young Saeng ah, if you have the time today, a friend of mine is needs help paving his driveway; His wife is wanting it done today, but he is busy so he is looking for someone to do it for him, he says he will pay 300,000 won to whoever does it.” Young Saeng stopped and looked at his boss.

“Ah Jinja..? That is great; what time does he want it done?”

“Before five… Do you have time today?” Young Saeng pulled out his phone and checked his schedule, He had to pick up trash from 10:00 to 12:00, but he was free from 12:30 to 4:15 because he had to pick up his brother at 4:30.

“De, please tell him if I can help him at 12:30; I can do his driveway then.” His boss smiled and nodded; before waving for him to get going.

“Ka, Ka people are probably wondering where their morning papers are, when you get back I’ll give you the address and your months’ pay.”

“De! Annyong!” Young Saeng waved and hurried off to do his job. Ajusshi was right; people were outside waiting for their paper. With each person Young Saeng bow in apology and hand them there paper; he got scolded every now and then, but most of them waved it off as everybody knew him and his family. Finally he went to the last house on the list; the man was sitting outside on his computer.

“Annyonghaesayo ajusshi!” The man looked up from the screen and smiled when he saw Young Saeng coming up the steps.

“Wah! You’re really late today; what happened you had to help your brother again with school work?”

“De… mianhaeyo ajusshi here is your paper… What are you working on now?” Young Saeng climbed on the chair next to the man, and peered over him looking at the computer. The man smiled and laughed, turning his face away as the wind blew the boy’s hair in his face.

“It is just my monthly report that is all nothing really exciting.” Young Saeng nodded and sat back in his sit, his knees to his chest.

“Ah this is nice… I can only stay for a little bit, but it is nice to rest for a minute.” Young Saeng said smiling and the laid his head on his knees. After ten minutes Young Saeng looked at his phone, and sighed before getting up bowing.

“Sorry for the late paper; I have to go now bye!” Kyu Jong Just waved as Young Saeng ran to his bike and hurried down the street. Once again Young Saeng peddled quickly and finally reached the newspaper stand.

“Ahjussi I am back!” The old man came out with the piece of paper and an envelope.

“Oh Young Saeng ah, here is the address, and your pay. You better get going it is already 10:30; don’t you have a job to go to?” Young Saeng put the paper and the envelope in his bag, and nodded.

“De… Well I will see you tomorrow then.” Young Saeng waved and left.

One by one, Young Saeng went through the house picking up the trash left out, having to run from the dogs that were left out in the open. Till he was finished, collected his pay, and then headed to the address he was given. Reaching it Young Saeng noticed that it was a very posh neighborhood; he wondered how ahjussi knows a friend in such a rich neighborhood. Setting his bike on the grass, young Saeng flattened his hair and dusted his hands before ringing the doorbell. A man appeared in front of him, and opened the door.

“Annyounghaesayo, my name is Heo Young Saeng; I am here to pave your driveway?”

“Ah ye, all the supplies are on the side of the house, just go ahead and start.”

Young Saeng bowed and went to the side of the house, grabbing the wheel barrel; using the plywood he made all the squares to fit the driveway.  Next he mixed all the concrete together, and began setting all of the concrete mixture in the squares. After pouring the mixture, he quickly began evening it out; making sure that it was even and right.  Finally he was done, cleaned up the yard, and put the extra supplies back on the side of the house. Walking back to the door, Young Saeng rings the doorbell. The man once again appears at the door, looking at his watch in amazement.

“I am finished.”

“Wah… You’re finished already? You got here at 12:15 it is only 3:30. Are you sure you’re done?” The man came out of the house, and followed Young Saeng to the driveway. Young Saeng stood back and watched as the man looked at the work he had done in amazement.

“I take back what I said, this is amazing.” Young Saeng bowed and smiled. The man took out his wallet and handed Young Saeng the money, and pulled out another 50,000 won note.

“This is for finishing so quickly and having done so well.” Young Saeng accepted the money.

“Gamsahabnida.” Young Saeng bowed once more, and went to his bike; as he was getting on his bike, a black car pulled into the wet driveway. The old man yelled out, the causing car stop before finally backing up, and stopped in front of the driveway instead. A man came out of the backseat, and looked around.

“YA! Look what you have done!” The man walked up to the angry man smiling.

“Mianhae uncle, I forgot auntie wanted this done today.” Young Saeng looked at the man, and his heart fluttered, he could only see the side of his face, but from what he did see; the man was the most gorgeous thing he has ever saw.

“Yah..! mianhae my now who is going to fix my driveway!?” Young Saeng shook his head, clearing it and while the men were talking; he grabbed the flattening iron, and went to fix what was ruined. It was a quick fix, and by the time the owner stopped yelling Young Saeng was already finished. After putting the iron back up, Young Saeng grabbed the water hose, and sprayed the tires getting as much as he could off. After he put the hose back and went back to his bike.

“Young man… wait..!” Young Saeng turned around and the man, who had ruined the driveway, came up to him. Again Young Saeng felt his heart flutter, causing him to blush and look away.

“Here… let me pay you for fixing the driveway again, and my car.” Young Saeng shook his head.

“Ah aniyo… It’s okay your uncle already paid me an extra 50,000 won, now I can have a clear conscious spending it.” Young Saeng bowed and quickly climbed on the bike and rode way.

By the time, he got to his brother’s school; it was already 4:20 making it just in time, as ten minutes passed the bell rang. Young Saeng waited and waited, looking at his phone it read 4:35; so pulling out his chain from his bag, Young Saeng locked up his bike and went in to look for him. As he walked through the school, he heard shouts and voices coming from the hallway he was about to turn the corner; curiosity running through him, he follows the sounds, and see a crowd of people standing in a circle. Young Saeng watched as teachers tried to make their way into a crowd, to break up a fight; getting closer, he watched his brother throw a punch to another student who was being grabbed by the teachers.

“Yah Kim Hyung Jun..!” Young Saeng ran into the crowd and grabbed his brother pulling him away, and pushing him towards the empty class room.

“Yah! Who pushed me? ..!”  Hyung Jun turned around to a very angry Young Saeng; his eyes widened.

“Mwo?! ..? Yah! Hyung Jun ah..! Who do you think you’re talking to?” Young Saeng yelled back, and smacking him on the head a few times.

“Ah Hyung..! Stop it… Mianhaeyo!” Hyung Jun ran from Young Saeng and held behind a desk.

“Yah… Kim Hyung Jun, come here huh? You want to fight? I will fight you huh… Yah! You won’t come here?” Hyung Jun shook his head and continued to hide from his brother; till they heard a throat being cleared. They both turned towards the door, and stood up properly when they saw the head master.

“Hyung Jun ah come out?” Young Saeng said gesturing for him to come next to him; Hyung Jun did so slowly and went next to Young Saeng.

“Boys follow me to the office.” Young Saeng glared at Hyung Jun, when the head master walked away. Once they were in his office, and the head master sat down, Young Saeng bowed.

“I am very sorry headmaster.” Hyung Jun made a grab for his brother.

“Ah Hyung, if anybody should apologize it should be me. Jebal stop it…” Young Saeng pushed Hyung Jun away and bowed again.

“You shut up and sit down…” Young Saeng said as Hyung Jun tried to make him stop bowing.

“Arraseo Young Saeng ssi, you may sit down.” Young Saeng sat down, and lowered his head, and making his brother do the same thing.

“Since this is his first fight this year, I will just suspend you; However if this happens again, you will have to pay a fine, and will be kicked out of this school. Do you understand?”

“De Headmaster…” Hyung Jun said.

“I am only letting you go, because your brother was a model student, and I am hoping that in these three days, he can straighten you up. You may go now.” Both stood up and bowed and left the office. Young Saeng was silent as they walked to his bike. Hyung Jun kept his head down, and Young Saeng stayed silent.

“Yah Hyung Jun ah… Did they call eomma a again..?” Young Saeng said still looking forward.

“Yeah… they called mom a and you a bastard son… I am sorry hyung I just couldn’t hold my temper in… I mean you’re the best brother I could hope for, and eomma… she took me in and gave me a family… I just couldn’t…” Young Saeng leaned his bike against the wall, and pulled Hyung Jun in a hug.

“Shush… It is okay… Don’t worry about what those people say, people will always say bad things when they don’t know the situation. It makes them look bad not you okay?” Young Saeng said; as he pulled away, wiping Hyung Jun’s tears. Hyung Jun nodded and they began walking again.

“Hey Hyung… Why are you so dirty? I bet you scared people in the school.” Young Saeng looked at himself, and smiled.

“Maybe…” Young Saeng laughed and shook his head.

“Ahjussi at the news stand helped me get work paving a driveway… I got 350,000 won for the job.” Hyung Jun turned to him. 

“Ah Jinja… cool.” Young Saeng smiled and looked at his brother, then leaned over the bike.

“Should we get Eomma some fruit, and get some ice cream?”

“De!” Hyung Jun whooped and began running towards the market. Young Saeng yelled after him, and rode his bike to keep up.

After the market, and getting a gallon of ice cream for everybody to share; the two went home, Young Saeng leaned his bike against the house and went in.

“Eomma were home.” His mother came from the kitchen.

“Oh! Yah! Why are you both so late huh? Young Saeng ah why are you so dirty; didn’t I tell you not to take strenuous jobs, you worked at the construction site again didn’t you?” Young Saeng smiled and shook his head.

“Aniyo eomma… I only paved a driveway, and I got paid a good amount of money this time. We are late, because we went to the market to get you some fruit that you have been craving, and some ice cream.” Young Saeng handed the fruit and ice cream to his mother. She looked in the bag and saw all the fruit he got, she gasped.

“Young Saeng ah, this is expensive; why did you waste your money like this?” Young Saeng smiled and put his hands on her shoulders.

“Because I would rather spend my money on you two then myself; besides you wanted it and I have the money to buy it. I got paid today so rent is covered. The money I got from the job today, we can spend it on what we like. I can help you get that crib that you wanted, I know that is why you have been making plush dolls, and taking on more then you should. We can save 100,000 won for emergencies, get the crib, and the rest we can save for when Hyung Jun ah goes on that winter trip with his classmates. So you don’t have to worry about anything okay?” Young Saeng leaned over and kissed his mother on the cheek, earning him a smack on the shoulder.

“Yah! Don’t sound so grown up huh?” She patted his hair down, and nudges him towards the restroom that Hyung Jun exited.

“Ka! Go and shower dinner is almost ready.” Young Saeng nodded and went to shower. While in the shower Young Saeng couldn’t help, but to think of the man he saw that day. He wondered why his heart still fluttered when he thinks of him. Sighing Young Saeng shrugged and finished showering. After his shower his mother was putting the food on the table. Young Saeng sat down and started eating, having not eaten that morning; he was starving.

“Yah Young Saeng ah, slow down; you are going to choke if you continue to eat like that.” Young Saeng looked up at his mother his chubby cheeks puffed more with food and smiled before eating again.

“Next time you will wake up on time to eat won’t you?” His mother giggles as young Saeng nods and continues to eat. After all the food was gone Mother went to get the fruit from the kitchen, Hyung Jun also helping to scoop ice cream for everybody, he made sure to put more in Young Saeng’s bowl. Coming back from the kitchen the two laid everything out for each to have. Young Saeng poked the fruit with a fork, and handed it to his mother.

“Young Saeng ah you eat the fruit, you bought it; you should have the first piece.” Young Saeng rolled his eyes and leaned forward more to make it more in her reach.

“Eomma just eat it… palli my arm is starting to hurt.” His mother scoffed and grabbed the fork biting the fruit, and making sure that Young Saeng saw.

“There..! Now eat some to huh?” She said trying to sound angry, but not really succeeding. Young Saeng smiled and began to eat to. Once they have eaten the fruit and ice cream. Young Saeng heads up to his room with Hyung Jun.

“Hyung… What am I going to do about school?” Young Saeng stopped fixing his bed and looked at his brother.

“Don’t worry about it you can just go with me, I have to walk you to school anyway, just hid your books and take some extra clothes and come along with me okay?” Hyung Jun smiled and nodded before lying next to his brother.

“Gomawayo hyung.” Young Saeng smiled and laid down, pinching Hyung Jun’s nose, and then going to sleep.

 

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

AHHHH! This was really long wasn’t it? XD the next chapter will be Hyun Joong’s day; the first two chapters will be very long. I just want you to know about how they live, to get a better feel for them in this story. Please sucbribe, and leave me a comment and tell meh what ya think... XD

 

So till next time, bye now.