Gold-digger?

A Time For Us

Chapter Twenty

Nobody’s (mine) POV


“Oh… Young Saeng ssi… What are you doing here so early?” Uee asked in her sweet voice, the she used when she was trying to hide her feelings. Hyun Joong cringed slightly at her voice knowing that she was not happy that Young Saeng was in his house, and was definitely not happy he was in his room.

“Oh… um… I slept here last night... Um Hyun Joong ah, are you hungry? I will make breakfast okay?” Young Saeng said disregarding Uee completely. Smiling gently, Young Saeng made his way to the kitchen to begin making breakfast for everybody; leaving Hyun Joong to deal with Uee.

*** In the living room ***

“Yah..! What is he doing here? I thought you said you were no longer friends with him.” Hyun Joong turned to her, sighing deeply as he thought of a way to appease everybody.

“We… We made up yesterday… We are okay now.”

“But what is he doing here? And in your bedroom… Did he sleep in your bed?” Again Hyun Joong sighed, scratching the back of his head, he nodded.

“De… he slept here; I haven’t fully furnished the guest bedrooms yet, so I let him sleep with me. There’s nothing really wrong with that Uee, I mean we are both guys; so, I didn’t really see the big deal in it.” Before Uee could speak again, Young Saeng walked back out to them, a smile on his face.

“Uee ssi, are you going to stay for breakfast?” Uee turned from Hyun Joong, only to smile at Young Saeng.

“I would love to; do you need help?” Young Saeng smiled gently, before giving his head a small shake.

“Aniyo, I can do it… Would you like something to drink while you wait?” Hyun Joong had to bit his lip to keep from laughing; the sight was too amusing to him; Young Saeng in pajamas, otter slippers, and an apron asking his fiancé if she wanted a drink in her own fiancé’s house.

“No, no thank you… But I really think I should cook…” Young Saeng was quick to turn her down, before heading back to the kitchen to check on the food. Hyun Joong moved to the living room, dragging Uee with him; however before they could began a subject Young Saeng come back with a glass of freshly juiced apple juice.

“Here is you morning juice… breakfast will be done in an hour.” Young Saeng chimed setting the drink in front of Hyun Joong before giving him a smile and heading back to the kitchen. Uee stared at him in awe as he disappeared once again into the kitchen.

“He knows about your morning juice? Just how many times has he spent the night here?” Uee demanded to know.

“I don’t know Uee… A lot of times; I don’t really see anything wrong with it, so why do you?”

“Nothing wrong with it… Yeobo, it’s weird; I mean he is acting like he is your wife.” Hyun Joong shook his head, chuckling lightly at the thought.

“Uee… Are you jealous?” Uee turned from her fiancé, trying the keep the blush of embarrassment out of sight.

“N-no… It is just… I have never seen you act like this before. It is just making me wonder if your replacing me, with him.” Hyun Joong smiled coyly, leaning into her.

“Well he does cook better then you…” Uee gasped; leaning away from him, she turned with her eyes wide with shock. Hyun Joong erupted in laughter, before pulling her into a hug.

“I am just kidding buin… I like your cooking, honestly I do.” Hyun Joong laughed trying to convince his fiancé that he really did like her food, though it was semi-false. Hyun Joong was finally getting Uee to smile again, when Young Saeng came out of the kitchen with plates of food, and bean pasta soup.

“Breakfast is ready…!” Young Saeng called out, before going back into the kitchen to get the rest of the food. Hyun Joong grabbed Uee’s hand somewhat dragging the women to the table, sitting her next to him he looked at the food that was placed in front on the table with eager eyes. Young Saeng came back again to bring the rest of the food, and went back into quickly to gather their drinks. Coming back, he finally sat down with exhausted sigh.

“I’m sorry that took so long, we usually have at least some side dishes already ready, but I had to make everything fresh, but that’s the good thing about it I guess.” Young Saeng smiled, before grabbing Hyun Joong’s plate, and serving him his plate before passing it back to him. Taking his own plate he filled it up with a little bit of everything, and began to eat once he set it down; leaving Uee to gather her own food, which she did angrily.

“Ahhh… Young Saeng ah this soup is delicious, it’s not too salty.” Hyun Joong complemented, spooning some more soup in his mouth eagerly. Young Saeng blushed slightly before saying thank you softly; Uee grimaced in disgust at the small exchange between the two men.

“I think it needs more salt, it is a little on the bland side… It would be a bit more decent if it was added.” Hyun Joong looked at Uee with confused eyes, wondering why she was being so rude.

“Uee…”

“Gwenchana Hyun Joong ah, I think it is only slightly bland too; I would have added more salt, but I made it to your taste. You don’t like a lot of salt, so that is why I didn’t add so much. If I would have added anymore, you wouldn’t have liked it.” Young Saeng shot back without even lifting his head, as he sipped some more hot soup in his mouth. Uee narrowed her eyes, as she reached over to grab a piece of the egg roll up, and some of the side dishes on the table.

“Did you put onions and carrots in this..? These soybeans has a bit of a weird taste… maybe less onions, and more sesame oil and soy sauce next time?” Uee chimed; Before Hyun Joong could scold her, Young Saeng spoke up for himself.

“Maybe… but Hyun Joong ah is the one who showed me how to make it like this. I asked him how he liked it, and this is the way it turned out. Also, Hyun Joong doesn’t like too much sesame oil, and soy sauce; it makes his stomach queasy and ill. You know Uee, when you make food for him I wonder… Do you cook for him or for yourself?” Uee’s mouth dropped at the words Young Saeng spoke, and even Hyun Joong was surprised at Young Saeng’s bluntness. However, before anything could be said Young Saeng stood up gather plates of food, and his glass as well as Hyun Joong’s, before going to the kitchen to fill it up.

“Well that was very rude of him…” Uee scoffed as she shakes her head.

“You weren’t any better Uee… I mean, we can argue that his upbringing wasn’t as good as ours, but then what is your excuse?” With that, Hyun Joong stood up going into the kitchen, where Young Saeng was still not having come back yet. Pushing the door open, he spotted Young Saeng at the sink scrubbing the dishes very harshly, as he muttered to himself.

“You know… if you scrub any harder you are going to take the unstick coating off…” Young Saeng jumped in surprise as he hadn’t heard him come inside. Hyun Joong smiled as he walked up the irritated boy washing the dishes, and turned leaning his back against the counter. The two stayed in silent for a few moments before Young Saeng sighed, while he was continuing to wash the dishes.

“Mianhae… I didn’t mean to be so rude to your fiancé. It was just all she keep doing was complaining that she didn’t like it, when it wasn’t even made for her to enjoy. I don’t even know how she likes her food… I mean I guess I could have asked before I cooked, but I didn’t think she would be so critical.  I thought if you liked it, then she would be a least a little more kind to about it.” Young Saeng sighed as he lowered the bowl he had been scrubbing.

“I… I really should go and apologize shouldn’t I? No… It’s no question I should apologize.” Nodding firmly Young Saeng grabbed Hyun Joong’s hand, and headed back out to the dining room, where Uee was gathering her coat and purse.

“Yeobo I am going to go; I promised you mother we will go cake tasting today.” Uee said walking up to Hyun Joong kissing him on the cheek, before heading towards the door. Young Saeng let go of Hyun Joong’s hand, and stepped out calling out Uee’s name; she stopped and turned towards him, with a slight glare on her face.

“Choisomnida Uee ssi… What I said earlier was uncalled for and mean; for that, I am sorry.” Young Saeng said bowing 90 degrees in apology. The sound of a door closing made Young Saeng lift his head, and then straighten when he realized Uee walked out the door without accepting his apology. Turning to Hyun Joong, who was staring at the door the latter just exited, he brushed past Young Saeng exiting out of the door as well. Young Saeng wiped his hands on the apron, before shuffling around for a second not really knowing what to do, and then deciding to finish cleaning up; so turning on his heels he went back to the table gathering the dishes taking them to the kitchen to be washed.

***** Outside *****

“Uee..!”  Hyun Joong called out loudly; chasing the women, who finally stopped, turning towards him with a smile.

“De, yeobo…” Hyun Joong stopped in front of her, and pointed back to the house.

“What was that? He apologized, and yet you left without even giving him a nod in acknowledgment. Why are you being like this?” Uee scoffed; rolling her eyes she also pointed at the house.

“That laborer was not sorry; nobody is that contrite when they apologize for being rude. So don’t you try and scold me for that… thing inside there. Now I know what your mother was talking about; he is trying to steal you from me.” Hyun Joong lowered his arm staring in Uee’s eyes, when he heard someone clear their throat. Turning around, Young Saeng was standing there his head was lowered; he shuffled his otter clad feet.

“Uee ssi… I… I am sorry you think that way of me. But I want you to know that I really did mean it. I am sorry for being rude, and though you don’t have to; I wish you will forgive me, and maybe we can be friends. If what you need is time, I am willing to give it.”  Unable to say anything he bowed once again, before heading back inside. Hyun Joong’s blood boiled as he watch Young Saeng’s attempt to once again reach out to Uee, and watching it get pretty much shot down, when his fiancé scoffed once again.

“Well that was laying it on thick... Well I am going to go, be careful around him, and remember what I said. He will do anything to get what he wants, and what he wants is you.” With that Uee turned in her heels, and finished the way to her car, climbing into the back she drove off leaving Hyun Joong with his thoughts and feelings. Turning back to the house, he made his way to the door slowly, and inside where Young Saeng was stuffing his clothes into his bag before throwing it over his shoulder.

“I’m sorry… I should go… I will wash the clothes and return them to you.” Young Saeng headed towards the door, but Hyun Joong stepped in his way.

“Young Saeng ah…”

“I have to pick up my brother from weekend school…will… Will I see you tonight… at work?” Hyun Joong frowned.

“It’s Sunday… you don’t have to work.” Young Saeng refused to look at the older male as he spoke.

“I know, but you’ve been working on the weekends lately; so I am not sure if you be able to eat properly, so I… I thought… I thought I would bring you lunch again, but I have to go and make it first so… I’ll see you later?” Young Saeng finally looked at Hyun Joong, a slight blush on his cheeks, which Hyun Joong found adorable.

“Yeah I’ll see you…”

With that Young Saeng quickly changed his shoes, and waved to Hyun Joong, who was still at the door waving at him as well. Once the taxi arrived, Young Saeng left with another wave, and Hyun Joong finally closed the door.

Smiling to himself, he was taken aback by his body jolting, as he sneezed harshly. Giving his head a small shake, he made his way back to bed, thinking he should have a small nape before going to work; maybe that would help him feel a bit better.


AHHHH so this is a little bit longer than usual, but I hope you like it. I wonder if Hyun Joong is seeing another type of Uee huh? Kekeke and uh oh… maybe Hyun Joong needs to get some rest don’t you think?

Well tell next time, bye now. XD