Kyu Jong

A Time For Us

Chapter three

Young Saeng’s POV

**************************************************************************************************************

Young Saeng raced to the news stand with Hyung Jun on the back of his bike holding on for dear life. The two had been at the hospital with their mother most of the night. Her body was hurting from standing up to long for work. Young Saeng has now made her quit and stay home, he allowed her to continue sewing, but that is all she could do; that and take care of the house.

“Hyung, now that you made mother quit her job at the laundry mat; how are we going to pay the bills now? What about food? Should I get a job to help you out?” Young Saeng stopped the bike in front of the news stand, and then turns towards his brother.

“Don’t worry about it; I will just have to find another job. The rent is already been paid for this month, so we don’t have to worry about it for now. You just worry about school, you have one more day of suspension, then it is back to school you go. I didn’t pay for your schooling this year for nothing. Hyung Jun ah if you really want to help me, just do what I tell you; stop getting into fights and make good grades, that is the best thing you can for me right now. Okay?” Young Saeng said cupping his brother’s face gently. Hyung Jun pouted, but nodded in consent.

“What is this about you getting a job Hyung Jun ah?” Young Saeng turned around, smiling to the old man hold the box of newspapers.

“Ahjussi, have you been listening to people’s conversations again? Don’t you know that it is rude?” Young Saeng laughed as the old man stuck his tongue out at him, before handing him the box of papers.

“Well, I am old; I have to get my gossip topics from somewhere. By the way, how is your mother, rumor has it; she has been in the hospital all night?” While Young Saeng tied the box to the back of his bike, Hyung Jun spoke to the old man.

“Eomma is fine; she just had some pains last night. So hyung just took her to the clinic, just in case something was wrong; she is in bed resting for the next few days. She has been doing too much at her job, so hyung has made her quit. Hyung still won’t let me get a job to help out.” Hyung Jun pouted, and turned to his brother who had walked up to them talking.

“You don’t need to get a job; you already have a job, and that is school so stop asking the answer is still no.” Young Saeng finished, raising his hand gesturing to hit him. Ahjussi laughed as Hyung Jun ran behind him, hiding from his brother.

“Ahjussi, he keeps hitting me.” Hyung Jun childishly pointed at his brother, and stuck his tongue out as ahjussi pretended to scold him. Young Saeng just shook his head and smiled, before turning around to go to his bike.

“Come on Hyung Jun ah, let’s go we need to hurry.” Hyung Jun waved at the old man goodbye before walking towards his brother. 

“Young Saeng ah, if you are looking for a job, a friend of mine’s nephew is opening up a small business, and they are looking for someone to help clean the place, while it is being make-d over, and to keep it clean while it runs if you are interested.” Young Saeng smiled widely.

“You mean like a job, a real job, with hours and everything?” The old man nodded and smiled.

“The pay will be good, and you get paid every two weeks; so what do you think? Should I tell my friend that you want the job?” Young Saeng nodded and ran to the old man, hugging him tightly. He would never admit it, but he was worried when he made his mother quit her job, but now that he had a real job, he knows his family will be okay.

“Gomawayo Ahjussi!” The old man hugged him back, before pulling away and giving him a slight push to go.

“Hurry now, the people are waiting for their papers.” Young Saeng hugged him again, before going back to his bike. Making sure his brother’s helmet was on right he climbed on, standing while Hyung Jun sat on the seat with his arms around Young Saeng’s waist.

******* Hyun Joong’s POV******

The preparations were already starting, he had found a building that needed some work, but it would do. He just got the call that the young man that his uncle wanted a job for, will be starting work on Thursday like planned. Hyun Joong hoped that the boy was as hard working as his uncle made him out to be. He has always hated workers that were lazy and unprofessional, it would be a wash of time, and that is another thing Hyun Joong hates, is to waste time on unimportant people.

It was finally time to leave work so he packed up his suitcase, and left to the company’s parking lot at the exact time like always. Usually he would just go home, and work some more before starting dinner; however, he had to go and see his brother that day, he would have his dinner with him. Pulling up to his brother’s house, he made his way to the door, and knocked. The door opened, and he was greeted with his brother’s smiling face.

“Hyung…! On time as always…” Kyu Jong joked, as he hugged his brother, and grabbing some slippers for him to wear.

“Is that a bad thing?” Hyun Joong shot back at him, making Kyu Jong smile before leading him to the sitting area of the house.

“Would you like something to drink hyung?” Hyun Joong looked up at him as he sat down, and nodded.

“Water would be fine thank you.” Kyu Jong shook his head, but headed to his kitchen to get his brother water anyway. He came back with drinks and sliced fruit that he knew his brother couldn’t resist, and set it on the table in front of him.

“So… What is it that you come for anyway?” Kyu Jong asked taking a slice of fruit and handed it to his brother. Hyun Joong accepted gratefully before answering.

“I want you to come and work with me.” Kyu Jong choked on the fruit he was eating, at his brothers surprising proposition.

“You want me to what? Come and work for you?”

“I didn’t say for… I said ‘with’ me. I want us to be partners; I am sure you know what abeoji and halmoni are asking of me to prove, before taking over the company.” Kyu Jong nodded in agreement that he did know, and Hyun Joong continued.

“So, you know I am going to need people to help me along the way, and I want to be partners with you. I know you would never work under me, so I want you to work with me. It will be a partnership, profit will be split fifty, fifty all the way, and your say so will be just as important as mine; so, what do you think?” Kyu Jong sat there for a moment thinking about the proposition, and if he was honest with himself it was a good deal. He hated where he worked at now, and he loved his brother to death; not to mention the pay will be better than the one he has now, when the company starts gathering work. So without further thought, Kyu Jong nodded and stuck his hand out, which Hyun Joong grabbed with a smile.

“So, we got a deal?”

“Yes, we have a deal… Although I am going to need a month before I can start. It is just to close up my lose ends on my job here, I have projects to finish and I have to put in my notice. Can you wait that long?” Hyun Joong nodded, and took out the document for Kyu Jong to sigh; it stating that they will be partners and profits will be spilt accordingly, as well as say so within the company. Kyu Jong signed and looked at the time. It was already six thirty, and he knew his brother ate at a certain time so, he got up addressed his brother.

“It’s just about your feeding time… why don’t we get some dinner and drinks to celebrate our collaborations huh?”  Hyun Joong bristled at Kyu Jong’s words, and yelled at his brother receding back.

“Yah..! What do you mean ‘feeding time’? What am I an animal?” Kyu Jong laughed as he changed to more appropriate clothing, causing his brother to fume more.

****** Young Saeng’s POV ******

“Hyung… I’m hungry…” Hyung Jun whined as they were peddling towards their house.

“Just wait a little longer okay? We will be home in a few minutes; I will make you something delicious then okay?” Young Saeng said peddling faster.

“Okay hyung…” They finally reached their house, and went inside quickly only to get hit with the smell food right as they entered. Hyung Jun looked at Young Saeng, who was just as confused and was about to head to the kitchen, when his mother came out of the kitchen with food setting it on the table. She noticed them at the door, and smiled widely.

“Just in time boys, come on it’s time to eat.” Young Saeng closed the door, and walked up to his mother, who came back with another plate, taking it from her, he finally spoke.

“Eomma what are you doing out of bed? The doctor told you to be on bed rest for a week.” She grabbed the plate once again; setting it on the table she cupped her worried son’s cheeks.

“Saengie ah I am fine. I told you before you left this morning that I just needed some sleep, and I would be okay. I rested well enough, and I didn’t have to work; so I thought I would make dinner for my hard working sons, it is the least I can do for my babies. Now come on and eat before it gets cold.” She finished, after kissing him on the forehead she let his cheeks go and nudge him towards the table. Relenting Young Saeng sat down with a pout, and began eating.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

UGH! I don’t really like this chapter, but here it is. I promise it will get better… D:

Please subscribe, and leave me a comment telling me what ya think XD

Till next time, bye now.

Also sorry if there is a lot of mistakes on this one… I don’t really have time to keep editing I will reedit when I have time. XD thank you for your understanding.