Oh damn...

A Time For Us

Chapter sixteen

Nobody' (mine) POV


It was Saturday, and Young Saeng got up to start work; he left without saying anything to anybody, which was very unlike him. Heading to the restaurant, silently he walked in and went to the restroom; stripping down, he opened his bag taking out his clothes and make up that was given to him. Getting dressed, and fixing his makeup, finally he put on his heels; he took a deep breath and steeled himself for another day of humiliation. When he had showed up for work, the manager told him that the only position that he had was a waitress, as his brother had been only a busboy but he filled that position already; so he needed to put on the uniform, which he found out was a women’s outfit as only women were servers here.

The manager was stunned when he saw Young Saeng come out, the women in the restaurant had taken pity on him, and given him some makeup to put on; he looked like a beautiful women, so he was happy that he got pretty good tips so it wasn’t too bad on his part, which seemed to anger the manager to no end.

The day was half done, when Young Saeng was finishing the last table that had just left when he bumped into someone on accident.

“I’m sorry..!” Young Saeng bowed, and looked back when he heard a voice.

“Young Saeng ssi..?” Young Saeng’s eyes widen as he was now face to face with Kyu Jong.

“Ahjussi…!” Kyu Jong was amazed at what he saw.

“Wow you are beautiful… but I must ask why are you dressed like that?” However before he could answer, he froze as he heard someone speak.

“Kyu Jong ah… What are you doing? Is the table ready? Ahgasshi is our table ready?” Young Saeng looked at the board, seeing that the only table that was open was in his section. Closing his eyes and taking a deep breath, he turned around and bowed. Hyun Joong’s eyes got big as he took in Young Saeng’s appearance. Young Saeng felt uncomfortable as Hyun Joong stared at him so intently, until finally Young Saeng looked away as Uee walked up behind Hyun Joong.

“Yeobo is our seat ready? Oh… Young Saeng ssi… is… is that you?” Uee giggled; Young Saeng could feel his cheeks redden as she giggled at him. Young Saeng watched as Hyun Joong nudged her, but wouldn’t say anything, this made his heart shattered as he watch as Hyun Joong nudged her again as she laughed a little harder, and Hyun Joong smiled at her letting out a chuckle as well. Young Saeng eyes tear-ed up, and he bit his lip, lowering his head in shame as he walked away showing them to their table.

As they sat down, Young Saeng gave him their menus, before taking out his notepad.

“What would you like to drink?”

“I would like a tea.” Kyu Jong said with a smile, Young Saeng smiled back him, before turning to Hyun Joong and Uee.

“I would like a glass of ice water, and I must know where you got those shoes… they are so adorable.” Young Saeng face flushed once again, and looked at his shoes, but no matter how he tried he couldn’t raise his head up as he hears Hyun Joong chuckle along with Uee.

“Hey can you stop… can’t you see your embarrassing him..!” Kyu Jong said finally saying something. Instantly Hyun Joong looked at Young Saeng and noticed that he had yet to raise his head, and the smiled quickly vanished from his face. Kyu Jong continued to look at the menu, as he nudged Uee to stop, but Hyun Joong stared at Young Saeng, and was shocked as he saw something glisten on his cheek.

“I am going to have the salad, and a glass of water.”

“And I will have the steak medium well done and a baked potato, with everything on it. Hyung do you want the same thing too?” Kyu Jong asked; Hyun Joong just nodded as he continued to stare at Young Saeng, who still has not lifted up his head.

“Make that two.” Kyu Jong said, collecting the menus and handed them over to Young Saeng, who took them and walked away.

***** Young Saeng’s POV *****

Young Saeng paced back in forth in the bathroom stall; he couldn’t believe his horrible luck. Why of all places did they have to come here? Running a hand through his hair, before screaming out his frustration as quietly as he out; once he was finally able to keep his mind calm, he exited the stall, washed his hands, and went back to the dining area to tend to his customers.

As he was trying to build up the courage to go back to Hyun Joong’s table; he was approached by one of the women staff, she seemed to be nervous as she walked up him. Standing up straight, he flashed he a smile, trying to make her calm down, so she wouldn’t be afraid to tell him what was wrong. Stopping in front of him, she instantly clapped her hands together in a pleading manner, and bowed slightly.

“Young Saeng ssi, please help me… It is usually the waitress job to handle the customers, but this man is drunk and has passed out on the table. I was hoping you would be able to place him inside the car; I have already called the taxi for him, and it is here now… Please help me…” Young Saeng just smiled and nodded his head, as he gestured for her to lead the way to the customer in question.

Walking up to the table where the fellow waitress had showed him; he frowned slightly as he saw how heavy set the man was, turning towards the women, she once again put her hands together pleading him to help her. Sighing deeply, he stepped couched down, and the latter help him maneuver him on to his back; Young Saeng grunted loudly as he stood, lifting the man and began making his way to the entrance. His legs wobbled as he was still wearing the heels he had been assigned, as he was walking past the tables in his section, he could hear the sound of laughter coming from the corner; pausing to adjust the man on his back, he couldn’t help but to chance a glance over to the table where he knew the three were sitting at.

Instantly he regretted looking, when he saw them staring at him, and more importantly Hyun Joong was staring at him. Kyu Jong was gestured to him a comforting fighting movement, Uee was just shaking her head while laughing quietly, but Hyun Joong was just staring at him though he couldn’t tell his expression as he was no longer able to look at him; his cheeks on fire with shame.

***** Nobody’s (mine) POV *****

Hyun Joong couldn’t concentrate throughout the whole meal, his thoughts on Young Saeng the whole time. When they were finished eating, Young Saeng handled their bill, and bowed; however before he could get away, Uee stopped him.

“Chakamanyo Young Saeng ssi… Here… take this; Hyun Joong told me all about you the other day, and I just hope this will help you, so you won’t have to do ‘this’ anymore; let the other girls get a chance to make money huh?” After she spoke she put it in his hands, before taking her leave.

Young Saeng slipped the money in his pocket with a lowered head, as he bowed goodbye. Hyun Joong walked past him, but as he was leaving once again he saw the glistening on his cheek, now seeing it as tears, as Young Saeng ran off this time.

“Yeobo are you coming… Yeobo..!” Hyun Joong didn’t answer her as he ran after Young Saeng. Hyun Joong followed him as he left through the backdoor, grabbing Young Saeng’s arm as he tried to make him stop. However, Young Saeng stopped, yanked his arm away, and gave him a slight push.

“Don’t YOU touch me..!” Hyun Joong tried to get closer to him, as he watched Young Saeng finally lift his head, and the tears were clearly visible now. Hyun Joong tried to go to him, but Young Saeng pushed him away.

“How dare you..! How dare you tell her about me..! You had no right…!” Young Saeng cried out, screaming out his pain, face stained with tears; taking the money that Uee and Hyun Joong gave him, throwing it at the older man. Young Saeng’s heart was in pieces as he cried.

“Young Saeng ah… I…” Hyun Joong tried to speak, but Young Saeng didn’t want to hear what he had to say.

“You humiliated me…! How could you laugh with her..? Do you think my life is that funny? Does this amuse you… that I am in women’s clothing? I… I thought you were my friend… I… I thought… We…” Young Saeng couldn’t go on as the words died in his throat, shaking his head, and wiping his eyes with apron; he tried to walk back inside, but Hyun Joong moved in his way.

“Let me pass.”

“Young Saeng… I’m sorry…” Young Saeng looked up, eyes full of hurt and betrayal.

“I have to get back to work… I will see you on Monday sajangnim… I would quit, but we poor people have to work… I have to go.” Hyun Joong didn’t say anything as Young Saeng pushed past him going back inside, leaving him as the metal door clacked close loudly on him and their friendship.


Damn… this isn’t good… Hyun Joong why, why, why… AH! Leave me a comment and tell what ya think… and feel free to rant XD

Also sorry this one is short… but I didn’t want it to be long, so this was intentional… I did want anything else to over shadow this particular moment… So I hope you forgive me XD.

Till next time, bye now.